Married Otaku

19,640 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Married 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Samuel Grant
I Earth King Amaimon I
Samuel Grant
emotion_facepalm emotion_facepalm the backwings, luv... the backwings stare stare
http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/1599/freecelleka.png

They're not worth it, regardless of what anyone tries to say about it. If Gaia had done it properly, they would have put them into the cash shop, all three sizes, for different amounts of money. That way everyone would be happy, the wings would be accessible to everyone, and they'd make a mountain of profit to boot.

Right now, 500+ million gold for poorly shaded, static wings that don't even let you keep the previous two sizes is asking too much. Not only that, for all of the fuss and effort you have to go through, Gaia rubs salt in the wounds by giving you an achievement worth a measly 100 points.

Back wings can kiss my rump. I pity the people who actually joined together to craft the existing sets.

so i would LOSE money... rather than gain it. oh darn, i was hoping on making it all the way to 5 million gold sweatdrop
well i guess whenever i get another prepaid phone and some minutes, i can always go back to buying monthly collectibles to sell for gold.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

You'd need to make 5 million gold 100 times if you were aiming for the backwings. 5 million probably wouldn't even get you a single ingredient for the first level's formula, let alone the final stage of the wings at level 10.

And yeah, you'd lose a hell of a lot of money, because the wings are pretty much unsellable. No one can afford to buy them, and no one wants to sell them for less than they paid to make them.

Popular Tycoon

10,175 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
I Earth King Amaimon I
Samuel Grant
I Earth King Amaimon I
Samuel Grant
emotion_facepalm emotion_facepalm the backwings, luv... the backwings stare stare
http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/1599/freecelleka.png

They're not worth it, regardless of what anyone tries to say about it. If Gaia had done it properly, they would have put them into the cash shop, all three sizes, for different amounts of money. That way everyone would be happy, the wings would be accessible to everyone, and they'd make a mountain of profit to boot.

Right now, 500+ million gold for poorly shaded, static wings that don't even let you keep the previous two sizes is asking too much. Not only that, for all of the fuss and effort you have to go through, Gaia rubs salt in the wounds by giving you an achievement worth a measly 100 points.

Back wings can kiss my rump. I pity the people who actually joined together to craft the existing sets.

so i would LOSE money... rather than gain it. oh darn, i was hoping on making it all the way to 5 million gold sweatdrop
well i guess whenever i get another prepaid phone and some minutes, i can always go back to buying monthly collectibles to sell for gold.

You'd need to make 5 million gold 100 times if you were aiming for the backwings. 5 million probably wouldn't even get you a single ingredient for the first level's formula, let alone the final stage of the wings at level 10.

And yeah, you'd lose a hell of a lot of money, because the wings are pretty much unsellable. No one can afford to buy them, and no one wants to sell them for less than they paid to make them.

if i was that generous as my character is in my fanfiction, i'd do that.
cuz some of the cheaper items i get in daily chance or wherever, i put them at half price; it's sorta my character's thing. "Grant Industries: wish granted for a small fee" biggrin

Eloquent Informer

37,875 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Balance Begets Creation 500
  • Waffles! 25
I Earth King Amaimon I

Okay, NOW you're just slandering at random. 5 million gold is not enough to purchase the quest itself, but once you have the formula 5 million should get you all the way to the medium Wings.

...though that's assuming you're using that gold only for the backwings quest itself and you've already achieved Level 10 in Alchemy through other means. If the Wings are all you want from Alchemy, and you don't mind missing out on 100 Achievement points, just commission a level-10 alchemist to do the crafting for you.

Married Otaku

19,640 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Married 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Platonix
Okay, NOW you're just slandering at random. 5 million gold is not enough to purchase the quest itself, but once you have the formula 5 million should get you all the way to the medium Wings.

...though that's assuming you're using that gold only for the backwings quest itself and you've already achieved Level 10 in Alchemy through other means. If the Wings are all you want from Alchemy, and you don't mind missing out on 100 Achievement points, just commission a level-10 alchemist to do the crafting for you.

Well look at the amount of ******** I give. I haven't looked at the ingredients since the first pair were being crafted and they were ridiculously expensive back then because they were hard to come by. Sorry if they've dropped now and I haven't cared enough to check. rolleyes You're also forgetting that the chance of each level of the forumla being crafted successfully is low, and costs gold each time. Some people are lucky and get it on the first try, others have to repeatedly craft each stage multiple times, and that costs each time. Doesn't the cost also go up with each level? I can see 5m getting you far if you're one of the lucky ones, but it's also pretty easy to lose 5m in the early stages if your formula keeps fizzling out.

And very few people who want them have even started alchemy, let alone are already level 10. Even to get someone else to craft them isn't going to be cheap even if you think 5m can get you to the level nine wings (the medium wings, as you put it).

I'll slander them as I please because no matter how you look at it they're not worth it, not even to have someone else craft them.

Lonely Entrepreneur

7,950 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Friendly 100
WTF MIND BLOWN! WHERE THE HELL AM I SUPPOSED TO GET 40MIL? JUST TO PAY FOR THE FREAKING FORMULA? WHY DOES THIS MAKE NO FREAKING SENSE TO ME? AARRRRRRGGGGGG!!!!!! DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO! YOU CAN GET THE STUPID KEYS FOR LIKE 50 GOLD?! AND THEY MAKE THESE ITEMS? WTF!!! burning_eyes

Benevolent Cutesmasher

14,050 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Thought the keys were for alchemy and the Lucifer/Michaels wings?

Dangerous Associate

12,175 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Punk Patrol 250
  • Comrades in Arms 150
so i have been on this account for 5 years yet i only recieved one key, is there a reason for this?

Invisible Nerd

6,250 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Millionaire 200
  • Signature Look 250
Same here X_pain11 I've been on since 09 with this account and i only got 1 key : (

Profitable Vampire

7,050 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Millionaire 200
gaia_nitemareleft gaia_angelleft wings just sound like a waste of ye time

Big Member

9,800 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
The only thing keeping Gaia from re-releasing the wings to way more people is the minute backlash from the people who actually bought into this hoop-jump.

Foot + bullet. For us and them.
so were exactly do you find the formula,.,....do you have to buy it...

clarion's King

Super Model

mehcats
so were exactly do you find the formula,.,....do you have to buy it...

They are rare drops from the Alchemist`s Case.

Eloquent Informer

37,875 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Balance Begets Creation 500
  • Waffles! 25
The first post of this thread hasn't been updated in forever; it's all kinds of obsolete. Here, have some complete info.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff