Welcome to Gaia! ::

Frankly, I don't even see why we need them, when you can just as easily go into the MP and use that handy dandy little search feature, and simply by typing the name of whatever RIG, and "Premiumci"- example: "game on premiumci", the feature will how you the new items from the RIG, if they're listed, without need for people making lengthy lists, getting stressed trying to make the list look pretty and to have all the items up and listed as quickly as possible. I mean, Gaia's already done the work. I don't get why people don't just play for their items, pop them up in the MP so they have a listing, and people find the items the old fashioned way. Rigs lists just seem like wasted time and effort to me. What are your opinions?

Lonely Prophet

The time and effort is worth it.

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

15,300 Points
  • Heckler 50
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • 50 Wins 150
Why do threads like these always come out whenever we have RIG lists, and no, sometimes you can't search for RIG items. neutral

edit: Did you even try searching for "game on premiumci"?

Also, I think it's fun for almost everyone.

Receiver

User Image
I just type in "game on premiumci" and got 100+ pages of results. Clearly the lists are more convenient for finding the newest items

Golden Gaian

Well, it's not /your/ wasted time and effort, so instead of making a thread about it, you could just... keep your distance? sweatdrop if you take a look through the thread the purpose becomes pretty clear. People are having fun with it and that's really all that matters. (Also, personally, I find forum item lists to be a much more organized place to look up the new items)

Fashionable Nerd

User ImageUser Image
♥ ♥

Because I'd be ******** damned if I wasted my time searching
all of that s**t out instead of just using a nice, simple list.

Having things all nice and neat in a list that goes down the page,
one item after another, is much better imo. I don't have the
patience for it any other way.

the rats in the c e l l a r you know who you are
Ex Squared
The purpose of a list is also to be a center for discussion around the item updates biggrin

like, a place to go to talk about the new items and stuff.

also sometimes gaia's MP screws up and deletes tags so it becomes pretty useful to find these lists and know what the items in a CI are biggrin
But threads discussing the rig are always made well before the actual list threads get made, so again, even if that were true, i still don't see the need for a rig list, if the items can be found in the MP and rig discussion threads are already made. Rig list just seems like showboating for prommies to me.

Perfect Saint

First thing I look for. It's very convenient.
It's quite helpful. I find myself posting links in the Site Feedback and Questions several times to help people with the RIG items.

Rapire's Queen

Demonic Cutie-Pie

A lot of RIG items don't even get tagged right away or if at all. And come on, with tags like "game" and other common words I'm not gonna sit on gaia and waste my time trying to look for over 30+ new items that I have no idea what they are called or will look like. neutral

If you wanna use the MP to look for the items fine, but not everyone needs to go through such troubles when it can easily be avoided. Not to mention I can save tons of time and do something a lot better.

Fluffy Creature

Cherry 6ok
Ex Squared
The purpose of a list is also to be a center for discussion around the item updates biggrin

like, a place to go to talk about the new items and stuff.

also sometimes gaia's MP screws up and deletes tags so it becomes pretty useful to find these lists and know what the items in a CI are biggrin
But threads discussing the rig are always made well before the actual list threads get made, so again, even if that were true, i still don't see the need for a rig list, if the items can be found in the MP and rig discussion threads are already made. Rig list just seems like showboating for prommies to me.

But the tags aren't always correct or come up with countless unrelated items. Try searching for "game on" in the MP and see how accurate the results are.

Angelic Nitemare

I liked your thread, but only for one reason.

Because I get the feeling very few others will. It was a pity upvote.

The lists are incredibly useful for day one research, especially since the tags in the MP are unreliable some of the time. And having an organized LIST HELPS KEEP ITEM TYPES YOU LIKE EASIER TO RESEARCH.

(Damn caps lock. I don't care enough to fix it.)

The GCD has been through this. The lists are here to stay, may has well adjust to it.
Kiyoura
Why do threads like these always come out whenever we have RIG lists, and no, sometimes you can't search for RIG items. neutral

edit: Did you even try searching for "game on premiumci"?

Also, I think it's fun for almost everyone.
I did search "game on premiumci" and found the new RIG items that way. Why would I help and inform someone else to do something that I hadn't?
doi

meh. I think it's more fun discovering the items on your own rather than having it handed to you, like "here's a list because we're lazy and like to neglect Gaia features that do the same thing I'm doing". when did it stop being fun discovering and putting the effort in to find those items, yourself? Wouldn't it make discovering that new item all the more exciting?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff