Screw "Promote My Post!" 0.72307692307692 72.3% [ 94 ]
Total Votes:[ 130 ]
This poll closed on August 27, 2013.
No longer accepting new votes.
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Angelic Nitemare

Xerrio
Ridley Starsmore

It has the detriment of costing way too damn much and can't be used on already created thread.

Tomorrow it will be launched so it can be added to an already created thread.

Great. Doesn't solve the main problem.

Angelic Nitemare

Landusk
Ridley Starsmore
your not the only one since I have to deal with spammers and assholes =w= So thanks for playing!

-pull a switch to have her drop into trap door-

-Floats there, as Bunneh can fly.- Welcome to the GCD. You post an opinion thread, you better be open to ALL opinions. Dropping people out makes you look like an jerk. And in my case, is likely to be ignored. stare

BACK ON TOPIC:

Look, to be honest, the feature caters to the "LOOK AT MEEEE!" posters out there.

So...the CB, the GD, and to a limited extent, the exchange and charity forums.

It is a bad call for discussion forums.

Magic Hobo

lol well I'm not going to use it, I never make threads.

100gc is hilariously overpriced either way. Maybe if, like, you could use your own images and logos to make things pretty. Even then... even then.

And who's to say it won't backfire magnificently in artshops- as in oh god look at that douchenozzle with their pimped post, they must not be that hard up for gold if they're paying for trifles like that

FXMLDR's Wife

Hopeless Sweetheart

Kitty Gnar-Gnar

100gc is hilariously overpriced either way. Maybe if, like, you could use your own images and logos to make things pretty. Even then... even then.

And who's to say it won't backfire magnificently in artshops- as in oh god look at that douchenozzle with their pimped post, they must not be that hard up for gold if they're paying for trifles like that

lol it's only one dollar

Angelic Nitemare

Kitty Gnar-Gnar

Or RP threads.

"You paid a dollar to promote THAT storyline?...Waste of a dollar."

Angelic Nitemare

Yerosh
Kitty Gnar-Gnar

lol it's only one dollar
Which could be used on two of the birthday items in the cash shop, and either kept or sold for gold.

The thread pimping does nothing.

Magic Hobo

Yerosh
Kitty Gnar-Gnar

lol it's only a one dollar

You can get a lot better things than a shitty preset art flob for a dollar.

Like a snickers bar, or an ebook, or a tube of toothpaste.

Or a Bunnihilation.

Commanding Berserker

25,525 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Hero 100
  • Battle: Defender 100
Ah well what can you say. =w=

Devoted Husband

Kitty Gnar-Gnar

I don't know, Catena. Some of us like their threads to look as special as they feel. Ehehahaha...

Magic Hobo

Samuel Elias Carswell
Kitty Gnar-Gnar

I don't know, Catena. Some of us like their threads to look as special as they feel. Ehehahaha...

Is there an opium den header, then? biggrin

Devoted Husband

Kitty Gnar-Gnar
Samuel Elias Carswell
Kitty Gnar-Gnar

Is there an opium den header, then? biggrin

If there is, I plan to find it. Ahahahaha~

Fluff Powerhouse

16,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Jack-pot 100
I can see how it would be useful to some trying to stand-out in event forums, and how it would pull in some revenue to the site, but I don't expect it to make a decent profit purely because of how annoying it seems to be to others and how much it costs to change a simple header. Heck, I've only seen 2 promoted posts in the GCD since the release... and from what I've seen, user feedback on the feature is largely negative.
Though my feedback is biased because I am not a supporter of the feature, and in fact loath it.

Adblock is my refuge.

Devoted Husband

Ridley Starsmore
Kitty Gnar-Gnar

Or RP threads.

"You paid a dollar to promote THAT storyline?...Waste of a dollar."

Some of us want to promote said threads not so much to draw others, but to annoy the tar out of others.

I find the pursuit of irritation well worth the investment, personally.

Professional Novice

I don't think I like it. I think they should make it more expensive. Otherwise, the forums are going to be full of "pretty threads", and that will just be ugly, not to mention it would defeat the purpose.
Y'know it is a little strange that there have been colored posts and gaudy flobs that people waste time/money on for years now and this is the final straw

I mean besides the lack of customization it isn't really that ridiculous of a ploy

If they had just implemented some sort of emotelike thing
It would actually fit in pretty well with the entire "create your own world" deal

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff