Sparkly Noob

12,650 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Popular Thread 100
Etre BeIIe
jawful
Etre BeIIe
Why did people pay over 500mil Gold for ugly Grizzly Hats then or over 1bil for a Halo whereas noone even bats an eye when there's free halos like the Tinsel Halo being given away? Definitely not because of those poses or the hat itself, it was a sign of being a rich Gaian.

that's a dumb reason for owning an item

addendum: i know people who like the grizzly hats because they think they're cute, or because that specific shade of brown matches their favorite pair of shoes. and even if there are "better" halos released (which probably only came into existence because the donation items were so unattainable), wouldn't the originals still hold sentimental value because they were made first? they're like a piece of gaia history!

It may be dumb to you, but that's how things work. Why do you think people buy Chanel, Gucci or Louis Vuitton bags? Because they're the only cute and pretty bags out there? Or because you can carry your stuff around better when you wear those? Not really. Theres plenty of fakes for 20$ that look exactly the same, but people still go into those highly expensive stores and spend their money on those prestige bags. And then you see them walking around, with their heads held high and full of pride for that bag. It's a sign of being rich. Not everyone can easily spend 1000$ on a bag. You don't see those brands go bankrupt, because people love to show off. Cars, bags, clothes even electronics (Apple, Alienware, or whatever) anything is ok, as long as the brand has the right image and the right price to portray that highly exclusive image.

I used to work for Abercrombie and their clothes have shitty quality, but people still dish out 100$ for a horribly ugly top or even more. Not because they're great clothes, but because of the brand and the image it portrays. Because not every single person out on the street can afford them. And because it gives their customers the feeling of being special in a way.

As someone who can afford to wear Chanel / Louis / Guess
I agree with this.

Devoted Heckler

Kid Jak
Fanny Flaps

Inexpensive IRL sale items often cost more in petrol to travel to return than you would get back. Expensive items are often paid for by credit/debit cards which can often take weeks to refund, by which time the item is often no longer on sale.

Then guess what you still have that item. No one came into your house in the middle of the night and stole it just because some one got a better deal then you.

Fanny Flaps

It's not resenting working for pixels, it's resenting needlessly working harder than you needed.

You still received the payoff in the end. You got what you wanted. if you didn't want it then don't be mad at others who got a deal.

Fanny Flaps

You seem very insecure as if you're projecting your own feelings of inadequacy as others feeling superior. If your self worth wasn't tied to items then you would not be concerned that others might feel more important than you.

Lulz really stretching there.

Fanny Flaps

Imagine you had a mortgage for 40 years and just paid it off in the beginning of 2008. A few years later and a quarter of the value of your property has been wiped off - equating to 10 years of your life wasted. It happened to a lot of people. Is it a case of "cry moar" or do they have a right to resent those who caused the crash? I'd be willing to bet you'd be pissed off but then you were probably in elementary school 10 years ago so cannot imagine the situation.

And they still have a home. No one said Equity is set in stone. The Pound the Dollar and the Euro fluctuate every day. The US housing market Did crash and that did happen.

so in conclusion keep the personal attacks to yourself trying to attack the other person do not support your argument.

The only one doing personal attacks here is you, darling.

No one is denying markets fluctuate, just that people get pissed off when they lose time/money/effort and they're entitled to feel that way.
If you can genuinely say you'd completely happily work for 40 years for something people then got for 30 years work then...well...I'd either not believe you or think you're nuts.

Either way, please get over your elitism obsession as it's boring and bordering on spamming.

Tricky Powerhouse

11,900 Points
  • Battle: KO 200
  • Survivor 150
  • Ultimate Player 200
pistoIs
Undead Hatter

actually
i want to adress the 20k user thing
yum_puddi
if you look @ dev notices over 100k people participated in the halloween event
so 20k isnt gaia's max amount of users
4laugh

They don't subtract mules now rethink that, if every user has at least 1 mule and played that would increase the amount. The fact about it is that there are 20k users online MAX in a single day. Most avg will be 5-15k users. That is a small number of active users daily. Don't try that s**t with me, Either way 20k or 100k that is a SMALL amount of users compared to other websites. If you avg have 15k users online out of 100k then you need to step up your game.

Cute Transform

16,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Marathon 300
  • Full closet 200
Naya Merai

I didn't plan on spending my money on here, I don't have money to spend anyways. And it's gaia and the flynn crap that is raising prices not the users. If they're gonna push a few bil into the economy with cash obviously no one's gonna list low anymore.

woah woah woah
I donno... do you exchange much or vend much? If so you've probably seen listings disappear, 7 at a time, and watched as the ABP skyrockets 600K-2m at a time (Depending on the price of the item)?
Well there are some people who try to take advantage of the flynnflation and buy out all listings to raise ABP and in turn control the price of the item. My example I've used here on the GCD is there's a person I've seen in exchange selling 42 1st Gen Zodiacals. Yesterday there was someone with 600+ of some other liked item, I can't remember now.

But the inflation has been made worse than it should have been due to the users on here. Don't blame solely Gaia.

Questionable Creature

CoIgate
Naya Merai

I didn't plan on spending my money on here, I don't have money to spend anyways. And it's gaia and the flynn crap that is raising prices not the users. If they're gonna push a few bil into the economy with cash obviously no one's gonna list low anymore.

woah woah woah
I donno... do you exchange much or vend much? If so you've probably seen listings disappear, 7 at a time, and watched as the ABP skyrockets 600K-2m at a time (Depending on the price of the item)?
Well there are some people who try to take advantage of the flynnflation and buy out all listings to raise ABP and in turn control the price of the item. My example I've used here on the GCD is there's a person I've seen in exchange selling 42 1st Gen Zodiacals. Yesterday there was someone with 600+ of some other liked item, I can't remember now.

But the inflation has been made worse than it should have been due to the users on here. Don't blame solely Gaia.

Well Gaia started it all then. They wouldn't be trying to take advantage if Gaia wasn't already pumping a ton of gold into the site with cash, making it easy for users to actually get sales with op items.

Cute Transform

16,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Marathon 300
  • Full closet 200
Naya Merai
CoIgate
Naya Merai

woah woah woah

Well Gaia started it all then. They wouldn't be trying to take advantage if Gaia wasn't already pumping a ton of gold into the site with cash, making it easy for users to actually get sales with op items.

Yeah, but the entirety of the scope of the situation lies squarely on the shoulders of those who AI any given item though. neutral

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff