Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fashionable Guildswoman

25,825 Points
  • Married 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Brilliant Light 450
It's not tacky or cruel.
January will be here soon and people always make those resolutions to get healthy and loose weight.
It's targeting that audience.
If you don't like it then turn your volume down and click another tab while it's playing.
Check back later to get your cash.
xx I met my fate xx
If you're this easily offended put some blinders on as you go about your daily life.

I'm a fat woman and even I think that being offended by a commercial is just a bit over dramatic.
they act as if it's a PTSD trigger

which it's not.

Cat

I wouldn't blame Gaia too much for this. New years is around the corner and this is the time weight loss companies make the most revenue because of people making new year's resolutions to lose weight. Anywhere you would see ads (TV, YouTube, etc) there will be an influx of this type of ad in the next month or so. Gaia just happens to be one of them.

We have a wide mix of ages on this site, and some of us are old enough and mature enough to take this ad with a grain of salt. But if you are a young impressionable teenager, all of the "snacks" the people in the ad were eating were junk food, and regardless of your current size, if you're indulging in lots of junk food for the holidays (like a lot of people do), you'll probably need to go on a diet at the start of the new year. Regardless of your age.

There shouldn't be anything worrisome or offensive in this ad. Take a breath and try not to take things so personally.
What are your thoughts?

I don't have a problem with the video. I think it highlights a major problem with overeating.

Anyone else seeing only this video over and over?

I didn't see it before now. I mostly see the Dodge, Jeep, Fisher Price, Lysol commercials.

What ads get on your nerves?

I can't really think of any specific ones.

Do you even earn GC?

Yeah that's the only way I can obtain it.

Distrustful Gaian

26,215 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
false colors
xx I met my fate xx
If you're this easily offended put some blinders on as you go about your daily life.

I'm a fat woman and even I think that being offended by a commercial is just a bit over dramatic.

which it's not.

I'm not surprised. I posted on tumblr that my husband and I were excited at the prospect of having another baby and I got no fewer than five messages from people saying that it triggered their phobia of pregnancy.

It was one sentence that read "So excited to be trying for a baby, hopefully by this time next year our family of 3 will be a family of 4!"
xx I met my fate xx
false colors
xx I met my fate xx

which it's not.

I'm not surprised. I posted on tumblr that my husband and I were excited at the prospect of having another baby and I got no fewer than five messages from people saying that it triggered their phobia of pregnancy.

It was one sentence that read "So excited to be trying for a baby, hopefully by this time next year our family of 3 will be a family of 4!"
Wait are you serious

the sad part is that I believe much of the time a lot of the people who hassle folks like you on tumblr are just bored trolls but there's people who legit are like that.

i have a phobia of vomit but i'm not gonna scream at people for puking if they have the norovirus. i just avoid them or don't search for s**t relating to vomit.

Distrustful Gaian

26,215 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
false colors
xx I met my fate xx
false colors
xx I met my fate xx

which it's not.

Totally serious. They said it was horrible that I didn't tag it as pregnancy or trigger warning blahblahblah.
I rolled my eyes because c'mon...seriously? I get that it's a real fear, I do. I'm sure there are people who think my fear of clowns is stupid but at the same time...the mention of the word clown isn't going to make me go all "EEEP! My sensitive psyche!"

I hate tumblr, the only reason I'm there is the sims community and they're worse than the rest of tumblr.

Wait are you serious

the sad part is that I believe much of the time a lot of the people who hassle folks like you on tumblr are just bored trolls but there's people who legit are like that.

i have a phobia of vomit but i'm not gonna scream at people for puking if they have the norovirus. i just avoid them or don't search for s**t relating to vomit.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff