Welcome to Gaia! ::

Heroic Pumpkin

22,600 Points
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • There are two sides... 50
  • Squash Smasher 50
I'm annoyed. Every single GC video ad is for weight watchers. It's tacky and cruel. It has a song (If you're happy/sad/bored and you know it eat a snack) as you watch people eat. Not only overweight people but average weight people. There are a lot of teens on facebook so I'm worried about the effects of watching this ad 6 times a day will have. You can mute your computer and switch tabs but you still see it. AND you have to choose what food you crave when you're happy, sad, bored or stressed in order to get your GC.

What are your thoughts?
Anyone else seeing only this video over and over?
What ads get on your nerves?
Do you even earn GC?

Precious Shoujo

Meh, I get at least 11GC when watching the ad when they're not from Daily Cash. Do it 10 times and I earn at least 110Gc per day. Really, I don't have an opinion to it. I eat my feelings, but who really cares.

Divine Muse

I see this ad enough on my TV

Adblock

It's a blessing

Shy Poster

13,115 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Cart Raider 100
I mute all of those Gaia cash ads, and I always switch to another tab or go do something else while they're playing. But yeah, the current ads annoy me, what I've seen of them. I don't care to watch people stuff their faces, it's kind of gross. The ads don't apply to me at least, I only eat if I'm hungry. But I could see how it could be upsetting to people. It would be nice if it at least wasn't the same ad on every single page. It annoys me when it's the same ad on each page for days and weeks at a time, even though I don't actually watch them. It seemed like before they had this particular ad, there was more variety.

Dangerous Elder

19,325 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Generous 100
  • Winged 100
I was wondering about that commercial myself.

Special Snowflake

I don't honestly care what the ad is as long as I get GC from it. *shrug*
I'm not so easily brainwashed by a commercial even when I was a kid.

Dangerous Friend

19,400 Points
  • Trick or Treat 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
Woow... careful now, if you get angry you'll eat a snack.
My mule has been on GC earning duty for the past few days, I'd say 60% of the ads were the WW one :l You best bet they are cranking them out because Thanksgiving ended and Christmas is around the corner, the time of year people eat themselves silly so they are trying to help you talk2hand

Kawaii Nerd

I believe you can report GC ads to gaia itself, the commercial is pretty problematic honestly

EDIT
The info you need might be here

Special Snowflake

Zetsubou Usagi-Kuma
Meh, I get at least 11GC when watching the ad when they're not from Daily Cash. Do it 10 times and I earn at least 110Gc per day. Really, I don't have an opinion to it. I eat my feelings, but who really cares.
11GC?!?!??! I'm jealous crying I only ever get 1-3GC... 4 if I'm lucky and some of those vids are 5 minutes long sweatdrop

Precious Shoujo

Sand Dancer Shaka
Zetsubou Usagi-Kuma
11GC?!?!??! I'm jealous crying I only ever get 1-3GC... 4 if I'm lucky and some of those vids are 5 minutes long sweatdrop

Are you watching Daily Treat or Cash Tree? What I do every day is go on Cash Tree's videos. I use the 1st cash tree video option (the green "Earn Cash" button), watch the video (Weight Watchers usually give out 11GC or something, I don't know about the others), wait until I get confirmation, then click the green button again to watch another video. This can happen at least 20 videos in a row. (Granted, not all of them are Weight Watchers, but hey, Gaia Cash is Gaia Cash.)

Magical Girl

26,725 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Invisibility 100
If you have an issue with it, go and make a fuss about it over on Weight Watchers social media pages. They will be forced to respond, because it's their job to do so. It's not really Gaia's fault.

I don't really care about the content of GC videos. So long as I get my GC, I'm happy. They could have a video about how murdering children is good and I'd still be ok with it. Not like I'm actively watching those videos.

Special Snowflake

Zetsubou Usagi-Kuma
Sand Dancer Shaka
Zetsubou Usagi-Kuma

Are you watching Daily Treat or Cash Tree? What I do every day is go on Cash Tree's videos. I use the 1st cash tree video option (the green "Earn Cash" button), watch the video (Weight Watchers usually give out 11GC or something, I don't know about the others), wait until I get confirmation, then click the green button again to watch another video. This can happen at least 20 videos in a row. (Granted, not all of them are Weight Watchers, but hey, Gaia Cash is Gaia Cash.)
Yeah, I do both, but my Cash tree is almost always empty... usually my cash trees videos only dole out 1-2 GC where the daily vids are 2-4GC sweatdrop I guess you got the lucky draw wink

Zack Mcdol's Widow

Dedicated Dabbler

17,050 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100

It's honestly even worse when you think about how many younger kids are on the site and already think they're irredeemably hideous and then this thing comes along. I'm big, don't care, just give me my gcash, but I'm in my mid-20's. I'm surprised this gets the okay when obviously beer and cigarettes don't.

Space Witch

37,750 Points
  • Cosmic Healer 200
  • Screeching Savior 100
  • Haunting Echo 75
This is in really poor taste and these ads should not be allowed here.

mindshk's Prince

Kawaii Misfit

The ad is 100% true. There are people like me who eat their feelings away and if I hadn't gotten the wake up call I did I would have probably been morbidly obese by now. So I don't really have an issue with the ad or WW. I am annoyed that it's the SAME DANG commercial every FREAKING time. I'd like some variety please. dramallama wahmbulance

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff