Welcome to Gaia! ::

Tsukimio's Husbando

Aged Phantom

Not any more really, the last item I bought was august of last year

when I could afford the market, I didn't generally regret purchases because if I bought an item I didn't have anything to work with Id just sell it for a small loss or gain or buy even more items to work with it. That's how I built outfits before.

Hygienic Guildsman

Eclipsed Banshee
I loved the Mini Gourmet.... Bought it then promptly regretted it because I couldn't figure out how to use the arm mod the way I wanted to.... I tried to resell it but kept taking it off the MP. Now it's sitting in my Inventory and I'm content because I know it's there when I finally need it. I'm afraid to sell it in case I do want it back because of the inflation.

I regretted selling my Nochi for the longest time.... but I did finally get over it.
I bought Case of Pietro last night and although I have yet to use it meaningfully (other than just the gloves because they happen to match) I'm happy to let it sit because it's a good item to have, and I know I'll need it someday for sure.

One thing I can't get past is that I limit myself to buying items I believe won't go down in price significantly, which is usually MCs. But I think I'm actually going to start grabbing a few EIs now because of how many useful poses they have.

Hygienic Guildsman

Little-Missy-Moo
Brodie4
Vampire_Hunter_CJ
I have always been really psyched to get items with voodoo-themed poses - things like Jinxi's Charm and Ruined Souls. And I don't think that I have ever used one of those poses for an avatar. I've sold them before, and always end up re-buying them so that they can sit in my inventory and gather dust.
I'm kind of trying to get used to the idea of having items to sit in my inventory, not that I'll never use them but so that they're there when I need them.

I used to sell everything that I wasn't currently using on my avatar before I realized I might like to have them in the future. But I really don't see myself using demonic items in the future.

There's always Halloween. emotion_yatta
Hmm. The price may go up on them, too. I guess I might hold off until then if the market stays the same.

I don't know whether to keep my gold in items or pure because I don't know what is going to drop in value. gonk

Prismatic Unicorn

76,950 Points
  • Fairy bread fancier 500
  • Just A Regular User 500
  • Wing Mastery 100
Hmm... sometimes I've been unhappy with my timing on buying an item (I remember buying an animated item for 400k to have it drop to 80k in a week), but I can't think of any purchases I regret. I have kicked myself for selling an item too early though (for instance I sold my spare Agape for 1 mil in 2012, and yeah... emo ). A weird positive of the constantly inflating economy is that it's hard to lose gold on purchases in the long run (although your gold does become progressively more and more worthless in terms of buying power).

VVhip
Animal items man, animal items.

Do you mean companions, or I ams, or the more cosplay ones (like ears or a tail)? Or just all of the above?

Brodie4

I don't know whether to keep my gold in items or pure because I don't know what is going to drop in value.

THIS. With Gaia dropping big-ticket items in item gens, plus gold progressively becoming more and more worthless, it is a quandry. I guess the best thing is to firstly, buy items you like and will enjoy wearing, and secondly, I try and diversify what I buy, so if one thing drops like a stone, I won't have lost all of my nest egg.

Stellar Succubus

Zzyli

VVhip
Animal items man, animal items.

Do you mean companions, or I ams, or the more cosplay ones (like ears or a tail)? Or just all of the above?

Oh, ones that fit on the animal base... have 'em, but I never use 'em!

But now you mention it...

Prismatic Unicorn

76,950 Points
  • Fairy bread fancier 500
  • Just A Regular User 500
  • Wing Mastery 100
VVhip

Oh, ones that fit on the animal base... have 'em, but I never use 'em!

But now you mention it...

Oh, the [Animal] items. I bought one outfit for an animal base from the gold shops, and since then have basically ceased to think about animal bases. You can probably tell that by my question to you. sweatdrop

Unless I could get a very similar look to my base look as an animal, there's no appeal to the system. I kind of wish they'd port a couple of the [Animal] exclusive items over to the human base though.

Chatty Friend

11,775 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Contributor 150
I hardly regret buying anything but selling in the Exchange is the biggest mistake I have made, I made huge losses there on some items that I could have listed in the MP and gained a small profit from! ><

There is two thing's I do regret buying with Gaia Cash and that's Flyn's Booty just before Gaia HQ released Flyn's Chest and Midnight Countess!

Midnight Countess is so hard to actually match with anything, that and I don't have many monochrome, black and white colored items in my invo! @___@;;;

But Gold wise I managed to nab some items that were on my wishlist when they deflated, which is pretty awesome! ^^

Demonic Abomination

40,775 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Battle: Level 10 250
gaia_spoons Do you struggle with having unspent gold in your account?

Hahahahahahahahaha

I wish! I struggle with not having enough gold to spend.
My wishlist grows and quests are even more unattainable due to inflation so I have been contenting myself by spending the gold I do have on alchemy.

Invisible Phantom

Shrimp_Man
I am the embodiment of fear and evil

I splurge bought Scouring Hatter for 310mil the night before they put out the big packs of Fairy Tales. I could have saved about 100mil if I had waited. However, since I wasn't planning on selling it any time soon, I don't really care about what it went down to. I just sadface a little at the loss of the gold. *shrugs*

of the House of Demonic Dreams

I did a similar thing--bought stellar night for 310mil and it was released in cutie cuters a couple hours later--dropped to 70mil over night. Sold a His Darkness to get it, too, which is now at 1.7 bil. What I sold went 500mil-1.7mil and what I bought went 310mil-90mil.

/facepalm

Manly Man-Lover

Cherubim ruby wings, Incubi amethyst wings and cream nightmare scarf. emo

Stupid Cis. mad

Shameless Bibliophile

16,450 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Tycoon 200
I regret buying any rig singles ever. Maybe one day I will actually heed this advice, instead of thinking "Oh, this time will be different!"

Other than that...not often. I have a habit of buying things juuust before they get a rerererererelease, but I typically love them enough to not mind. Well, too much anyways.

Alien Elder

27,440 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Candy Fiend 150
  • Candy Massacre 50
Nearly all of my items are for keeps, I never regret buying them even if they plummet drastically in price.

Usually the ones I sell in my shop are stuff my sister throws my way... xd

Heroic Senshi

Before inflation, I sold my Steel Plated Ninja Band with a few other things to afford an Erebus Moon.

The Moon has oddly lowered in price since...
- Not really, usually I'm able to fit them into an avi somehow, but I haven't bought any super expensive items that I can recall.

- Yes, in the sense that I try to keep a certain amount of gold on hand in case any items on my wishlist/quest suddenly deflate. Bound Warlock for example, picked that one up recently. Don't know what to use it with yet, but I'll make it work.

- Hum...don't really have a best, I tend to buy things to keep so, when I buy something I make sure I wanted it. Well, I guess I did get a decent deal on Royal Macaron and Maker of Pies though. Can't remember others. Worst...Merina SDPlus, bought at 270m or so right before it was released in a RIG. Oh well. I still like it. c:

- MP, since I'm bad at making offers so Exchangers will probably think I am an idiot, haha. I'd rather take my chances on watching the MP.

kween please
yes... forest fawns
the flower crown is GORGEOUS but like wth do you wear it with the tones are weird and the pixelling texture is like nO OTHER

I love Forest Fawns ♥ I agree though, it's hard to match. This is the best I could come up with so far since buying it. :I

User Image
Not yet, cause items I don't like, I am profitting off of with inflation. sweatdrop
Gotta do what you gotta do.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces