No 0.38848920863309 38.8% [ 54 ]
Gold please 0.2158273381295 21.6% [ 30 ]
Total Votes:[ 139 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Fluffy Vet

Lazarus Larkin
Nightsong
Lazarus Larkin
I can barely even see your avatar because it's so pale.

And I have some cosplay accounts because I find it amusing.
I'm so pale I make the KKK go DAMN

What amuses you about it?

Doing it.
Like finding just the right pieces to match up into a costume or the idea of having an avatar that shows your fan-gasm for whatever show/manga/book/whatever you costume is from?

Fluffy Vet

Yeata Zi
Nightsong
Yeata Zi
Yes.

She is.

I'm usually pretty cute when I'm not cosplaying <3
:>

So many cosplay people! I'm actually kind of suprised it's so big here now. It used to be all about the art contests....
I only do it because I'm in a guild that does theme dress ups on certain days of the weeks.

Otherwise I'd pretty much never do it. biggrin
Oh that's so cool! That sounds like the most awesomest of reasons for cosplaying like ever!!!!

Salty Pirate

46,975 Points
  • Grunnyland Dabbler 50
  • Grunnyland Collector 150
  • Grunnyland Expert 250
Like I like having an account that is a cosplay account, so I made some, and I have them.

rofl

seriously it's not any more complicated than that
I think that judging a person for how it's virtual avatar looks like is dumb. I've met people who dressed their avatars in a funny, lame or cheap way and were still the best people to go to when in need of a good thread or conversation.

Yes, I understand that one of the main points, hell, the principal appeal of this site are the avatars, but to go as far as to judge someone based on that is not what I'd consider normal .

Flint Jakobs's Compadre

Feral Faun

To show off my outrageously hairy hide n' abs. But it's mostly about my snake. emotion_dealwithit

Fluffy Vet

Auricus
I think that judging a person for how it's virtual avatar looks like is dumb. I've met people who dressed their avatars in a funny, lame or cheap way and were still the best people to go to when in need of a good thread or conversation.

Yes, I understand that one of the main points, hell, the principal appeal of this site are the avatars, but to go as far as to judge someone based on that is plan dumb.
I think it's kind of like judging people based on clothing, it shows a person's personal choices and those can be interpreted to mean various things about the person who chose them. I can't help but think certain things of people with certain avatars, like someone in very basic starter clothes might be a bit of a n00b or someone in some really expensive but poorly put together items doesn't have a lot of sense of style. I don't necessarily make sweeping judgements upon what they're like as a person but I'm influenced none the less.

Fluffy Vet

Lazarus Larkin
Like I like having an account that is a cosplay account, so I made some, and I have them.

rofl

seriously it's not any more complicated than that
Ah ok, I was just curious :>

Unholy Spark

42,875 Points
  • Haunting Echo 75
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Wintersday Bard 50
Baby talk is obnoxious.

On the serious notes, avatar appearance is kind of a filter to me. Having been around this site for so long, you begin to notice trends with certain types of people. Not always 100% correct, but on the whole, avatars a lot of the time represent someone well.

I do judge people by their avatars, but it's usually only for my benefit. I don't go out of my way to tell people their avatars are ugly. But if I see an avatar that looks like a 4 year old clicked a bunch of items and hit save, I'm going to think they're a pretty boring, uncreative person and I will opt to not talk to them unless they talk to me. They are also less likely to be remembered.

If a person can wow me with their avatar, I will most likely take note of their username and be more inclined to start a conversation. It may sound conceited or whatever, but we all have our own filters.

Fluffy Vet

Slick Southpaw
To show off my outrageously hairy hide n' abs. But it's mostly about my snake. emotion_dealwithit
That's a damb big snake you got there I hope you don't choke it. lol

Salty Pirate

46,975 Points
  • Grunnyland Dabbler 50
  • Grunnyland Collector 150
  • Grunnyland Expert 250
To be honest I barely even look at avatars, I always read posts first >.>

Unless something really jumps out at me for some reason.

Fluffy Vet

Adnama Lavode
Baby talk is obnoxious.

On the serious notes, avatar appearance is kind of a filter to me. Having been around this site for so long, you begin to notice trends with certain types of people. Not always 100% correct, but on the whole, avatars a lot of the time represent someone well.

I do judge people by their avatars, but it's usually only for my benefit. I don't go out of my way to tell people their avatars are ugly. But if I see an avatar that looks like a 4 year old clicked a bunch of items and hit save, I'm going to think they're a pretty boring, uncreative person and I will opt to not talk to them unless they talk to me. They are also less likely to be remembered.

If a person can wow me with their avatar, I will most likely take note of their username and be more inclined to start a conversation. It may sound conceited or whatever, but we all have our own filters.
Ubububububububu who's a cute little avatar oh yes you are uboooooo 4laugh rofl

That's exactly how I understand it, though perhaps I don't take it as far as you do. I'm more about making assumptions about what kind of people are behind the avatars, I'll interact with them regardless of look but my attitude towards them might be different. I feel that your view of things is easy to understand though, it's something that we just take from life, we judge people by appearance and without that same ease of judgement here we project it onto the avatars people choose to disclose to others.

Flint Jakobs's Compadre

Feral Faun

Nightsong
Slick Southpaw
That's a damb big snake you got there I hope you don't choke it. lol

B} doesn't matter

User Image

Fluffy Vet

Lazarus Larkin
To be honest I barely even look at avatars, I always read posts first >.>

Unless something really jumps out at me for some reason.
I always look at avatars because honestly I want to see what other people are doing with items and to see if there's any neat little tricks I can copy or if there's an item I haven't seen before, I want to know what that is, yeah?
Nightsong
Auricus

Yes, I understand that one of the main points, hell, the principal appeal of this site are the avatars, but to go as far as to judge someone based on that is plan dumb.
I think it's kind of like judging people based on clothing, it shows a person's personal choices and those can be interpreted to mean various things about the person who chose them. I can't help but think certain things of people with certain avatars, like someone in very basic starter clothes might be a bit of a n00b or someone in some really expensive but poorly put together items doesn't have a lot of sense of style. I don't necessarily make sweeping judgement upon what they're like as a person but I'm influenced none the less.

Alas, I'll have to agree with you on this. It's normal for people to judge someone based mainly on "what they look like" or what they're wearing. Heck, even I have committed that crime, but then again, this is a virtual avatar, most people here just throw at their avatars the maximum amount of items they can hoping that they'll look richer than other members. Even when those items are not as fancy or uncommon, they just try to saturate their virtual avatars with as much gold as they can, so how am I going to judge someone based on that. I know a lot of people pour huge amounts of money to this site (huge being an exaggerated word, of course) and that might give them an edge over the less fortunate users, and that might even reflect their acquisitive power and lifestyle outside this web site, but still, It's hard for me to judge someone if his avatar is wearing a pink speedo, a clown wig, shades, a cigarette and some items that don't even make sense.

Kawaii Nerd

13,000 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Timid 100
M-my avatar is cute!
...in his own way...

I judge people way more than I should by their avatars... Like, if they tend to make the same kind of avatar all of the time I tend to associate their personality with the "personality" of that style.

It doesn't matter, though, because I rarely converse with people face-to-face. So we're all good!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff