Welcome to Gaia! ::

Tiny Chibis's Partner In Crime

God Eater

Eh, I'm kinda neutral about it. I love anons and people who go out of their way for others. But this year just seems a little bleh for holidays for me.

User Image

Feline Bookworm

I don't tend to gift more at any time of year than another, I gift when I come across someone
that strikes me as deserving and kind regardless of the time of year.

Having Christmas in mind might make me keep a keener eye out for deserving people but generally
it's the same as any other time of year for me on Gaia. ^^

Lord Elwrind's Queen

Dangerous Fairy

55,065 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Poison Master 250
  • Winged 100
Dashing Valentine
I wish people would recognize that there isn't JUST Christmas in December. There's also Hanukkah. I am Jewish and would love if my holiday got a little recognition....

There is also Kwanza that don't really get a mention either (starts day after Christmas and lasts seven days). Personally, I do not celebrate it. But I think there are some that do.

I am kinda wishing we had a different term for the Holidays that included it all.
I'm not a fan, really, but that's because there are too many people who make passive aggressive begging threads, or passive aggressive "I didn't get what I REALLY wanted" threads, or just not appreciating gifts in general. I usually only stick to gifting friends, but sadly, most of my friends have long since left Gaia. I may make a freebie art scribbles thread on my main, but I dunno. I'm sure I'll get people whining about not getting drawn or not liking what they got for free, ect.

I mean, its nice people go out of their way to buy things for gifting, but the unappreciative people just take the fum out of it for me.

Unleashed Humorist

27,415 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Gaian 50
I tend to anon gift people who I enjoy talking too during the holiday event. I also like receive gifts from others and it always surprise me that someone took the time to spend something one me. Maybe this year I'll do art freebies.

Omnipresent Genius

15,075 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Conversationalist 100
I'm not really that excited? It's a really nice thing, but I almost never get gifted anything--although I don't post much in the forums so that's my fault. But it's more like a nice event to watch from the distance. 3nodding

I don't gift people very many things...I don't have a lot of gold and I wish I could get everybody something from their wish list...you know, something with meaning. sweatdrop

Stone-cold Cat

20,840 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Citizen 200
Dashing Valentine
I wish people would recognize that there isn't JUST Christmas in December. There's also Hanukkah. I am Jewish and would love if my holiday got a little recognition....

If my memory serves correct, there are anons who gift under the guise of other holidays as well.

R1NDO's Buddy

40,250 Points
  • Rightful King 500
  • Superior Hero 500
Dashing Valentine
There are holidays all year round but Gaia only ever "celebrates" the typical commercial holidays of Easter, Halloween and Christmas.

But there are people who gift for all kinds of holidays.

Ruthless Shapeshifter

Nyadriel
Dashing Valentine

There is also Kwanza that don't really get a mention either (starts day after Christmas and lasts seven days). Personally, I do not celebrate it. But I think there are some that do.

I am kinda wishing we had a different term for the Holidays that included it all.

I think its between "Happy Holidays" and "Season's Greetings" as terms most
used my greeting card companies to reflect all the different variations
of the end of the year Holidays.
After all one call also call it Solstice. XD

But in my head its developed more into Xmas (the commercial holiday)
as opposed to Christmas (the religious celebration). Kind of.

Magic GO

I think one of the best things about Gifting Mules are the creative messages they include alongside their gift. Christmas on here is awesome. heart

Special Snowflake

I'm excitied for the season... gifting not so much as I don't tend to get gifted xd but it's just exciting for it to be this time of year, makes me all warm and fuzzy inside.

As for Hannukah... didn't Gaia do items in Hannukah colours in a prior year. It's not like every seasonal holiday gets recognition here... I'm pretty sure the Muslim new year is a big thing, but never get recognition/Chinese 5/5 is big/ Eid/ any other one but also doesn't get recognised. I'm not saying you shouldn't ask for it, but it's sort of unreasonable to expect every holiday to be recognised. It's normally done that the majority holiday is the one that's gone with, in Middle-east it'd be a Islamic one, in China- a Chinese one.... In the west a Christian one.

I don't celebrate Easter but I'm gonna enjoy it, and I'm not gonna stop someone else who isn't South-east Asian from enjoying lunar new year. I think we all can enjoy the sentiment of a season. It's not about the name of the holiday, it's about reminding ourselves of what really matters, at least to me anyway.

Codebreaking Mage

11,650 Points
  • Hero 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
<! A cold wind blows through the thread, chilling souls and flesh alike. !>

So, it is the season of returnings.

Spam6467's Wife

9,600 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Mark Twain 100
Agh, I have like no preparation. I've been gifting a ton right through the year, so now I'll have to super-gather gold to keep up. *sigh*
Sifen Yamishi
Are you excited for the Christmas Gifting Season?
Not so much. It's going to be full of begging threads, Anon threads, etc.

Have you ever/do you have a Gifting mule?
Nope.

Have you started hoarding gifts to give out over the season yet?
No. I might send out stuff from my inventory. Depends.

General Nostalgia @ Gaian Christmas gifting/receiving
Unsure....

I pretty much gotta agree with you. I honestly don't partake in Gaia Christmas gifting season due to beggars and other things. I also think some people ask for items that are inflated to hell and back too, so it's hard to be a nice guy/girl and give it to them.

If this were IRL it'd be a different story...

Stone-cold Cat

20,840 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Citizen 200
Sage Feathers
I think one of the best things about Gifting Mules are the creative messages they include alongside their gift. Christmas on here is awesome. heart

yes i agree.
It's really heartwarming sometimes.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas