Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hot Genius

10,300 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Firestarter 200
Does anyone know what's caused this? Prices have really shot up. Is anything being done to counter it? Anyone know anything about it that I didn't ask and wish to share?
I'm not sure what's causing it, though i know the admins initiated the Gambino donation event as a gold sink so there was less gold out in the public, though it didnt work very well.

Questing Firestarter

I think part of what's causing this, is, that the sorting functions of the market place don't work right now (and haven't been working for a while).
I bought items overpriced a few times myself because I overlooked the good deals. sad
It's really hard to compare prices there. And I'm waaaaaaaaay to impatient to shop in the exchange although usually you'll get your stuff there a lot cheaper than in the marketplace. sweatdrop
yah, i'm questing for bani clips but they've been going up a lot lately sad

Hot Genius

10,300 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Firestarter 200
That shouldn't affect it though... Or maybe it should, but I don't think so.

Noob

<center>I myself thought the realease of those march letters made everything rise. People seemed to start hoarding maddly then. I think those donations items caused it because they made other donation items go up by being high priced and used for hoarding.

Handsome Shounen

17,150 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
Prices have been shooting up since December. ^^;;

Dapper Mage

I know that the sealed envelope prices are rising because of the past 2 months. People are expecting better items every month, and are charging people extra because of it.

Hot Genius

10,300 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Firestarter 200
schoogie
yah, i'm questing for bani clips but they've been going up a lot lately sad
Well the effect took an awful long time to actually sink in, and prices DOUBLING is a bit much, Angellic scarfs were like 200k and now are like 450k
well the prices of letter items will go up yes...but I don't know about the other stuff sweatdrop
PS love your sig whee

Noob

Druki
I know that the sealed envelope prices are rising because of the past 2 months. People are expecting better items every month, and are charging people extra because of it.
<center>That's exactly what I thought. And it rippled throught the gaia prices. They small one rises to above usual, then the next highest rises and etc. but more depending on the item. Like the D-tail, it went up into amazing prices long with a lot of items.
The inflation seems like its at a endless increase.
Mostly because the hoarding of donation items, especially the
2003s.

Noob

FrozenSyne
The inflation seems like its at a endless increase.
Mostly because the hoarding of donation items, especially the
2003s.
<center>That's exactly what I thought, when people started hoarding the smaller ones to buy the bigger ones, and etc. until they got many 03s everything kinda went crazy. I bet you once this months letters are released there will be another inflation. It will be bigger than the last. Because the prices will be so high, it will make some more complainers about over pirced items and massive inflation.
People are greedy, that's why.

Also, supply and demand. The less of one item there is, the more it costs. We have... a lot of members....

Hot Genius

10,300 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Firestarter 200
Yes great and all but this is a sudden thing in the past week or so, you know?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff