Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ruthless Hunter

75,950 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Runway Supermodel 1000
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0
”Tell me why am I still here when it’s all gone; I’m living with the ghost of yesterday
Tell me why am I still trying to hold on; I’ve got to tear it down to let it go”

OMG, I can absolutely relate to everything said in the OP xd
Can't name any recent ones off the top of my head since I've been cycling through a whole lot of different songs and genres lately, but back when I was level grinding in zOMG big time to get to lvl 10, especially while in the Old Aqueduct, I used to have this on endless repeat:

It just fit the whole mood so well emotion_dowant

User Image

Durem Mage

59,325 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Cookie Collector 400
  • Conquerer of Familiars 350
Sometimes, I don't listen to anything when I'm browsing around Gaia. I usually just have my fan on in the background. The sound of it always relaxes me, even when I sleep. But, it really depends on the mood I'm in. I mostly listen to anime soundtracks on Youtube. I listen to Yuki Kajiura's music the most! heart I feel like my day isn't complete without listening to music. xd

I've always kept up to date with my inventory. It took a while to organize how I wanted it, but it was worth it.

Thieving Scrounger

36,475 Points
  • Married 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
I like to play music when I play Word Bump or any of the jigsaw puzzles.

Beloved Fairy

34,050 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Lapin Patrol Avior: Victory! 50
When I'm at home I either have Netflix running in the background or I just pop my iTunes on shuffle. For specific Gaian tasks though, usually if there's a new game or something (like switchem) I'll throw on some good video game music and play that for a couple of hours. It helps!

IRL Noob

I used to listen to music anytime I was on the computer! My favorites are soundtracks, electronica, britpop, and celtic stuff. But right now I've been on a youtube kick for awhile. I like to put on scary videogames or japanese cooking shows in the background -- mostly because I don't care about the sound quality of these things coming through my crappy mac speakers.
(Brief tangent: regrettably I think my old cans are starting to give me headaches after prolonged wear. sad They're very nice Grados that I used to wear at least 8 hours-ish a day, but I can't stand to wear them for more than an hour or two at a time now. I've been looking into getting the Mad Dogs + Schiit setup once I save up some, since those seem a very comfortable option.)

I've never really associated any particular songs with Gaia, but I think if I did I might grab at the stuff from Lonely Island to fit quite a few of the forums.

Stellar Succubus

I didn't know until recently (within the last year or two) that we could ctrl+select items to move things in bulk around in our inventory.

A tedious job that took hours is so quick now.

All I ever do is just move large amounts of items I will never use into storage. everything else just sits in chronological order. Usually I don't listen to anything. I just click away until I'm done, and it takes only a short amount of time.

Shaun Holder's Sidekick

Sparkly Shapeshifter

I don't listen to anything specific while browsing but I always listen to appropriate music while working on avatar art commissions. If I'm going for a "cute" character I'll listen to cute uplifting music, if I'm going for something more dark I might listen to some more violent music, I like aggrotech for that. If I'm drawing a Steampunk character, Steampunk bands. And so on. I find it difficult to draw if I don't have fitting music or silence.

Spicy Treasure-Seeker

36,740 Points
  • Nova Novice 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100
I was going to make several playlists for Gaia actually. And for every story I ever came up with (lots of which are Gaia related) I have a playlist too. You can find a lot of soundtrack from various games there. Mostly stuff I found on youtube, without knowing the game.

Shade

16,900 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Team Devin 200
  • Punk Patrol 250
i usually have whatever im into at the moment playing while i browse gaia
like, right now im listening to centuries by fall out boy (dear god i said i'd never listen to them but this song holy s**t)
and later ill be listening to FEMM or perfume or a weird playlist i found online

the only time i don't listen to music is if im writing up a roleplay post and i concentrate properly
i'll end up writing the lyrics into the post instead

Wolfenspyre's Waifu

Demonic Vampire

Only time I really listen to music when playing certain games.
Such as Kingdom's of Amalur: Reckoning, I usually have a bit of Mudvayne, NiN, Devin Townsend, Tomahawk, etc playing,
but I turn down the iTunes music, so it's more like background music, and turn off the in-game music.

I have trouble listening to music and reading, so that's usually why I don't listen to music while browsing.

Sahri's Partner

Dapper Mage

Huh...good question. Oftentimes I have one of my many random playlists playing in the background, but a lot of the time I like the quiet. (Unless my upstairs neighbor is "sharing" his music with me, in which case the headphones go on and the music gets turned up.)

IRL Glitch

24,725 Points
  • Olympian 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100

Usually I have a tv show or movie playing in the bg so I don't listen to music much when I'm surfing unless I have a song stuck in my head.

Mysterious Trickster

Yen Quest
Kain-Senpai
I like listening to the news, honestly. Some stuff is interesting to know. Most is just regurgitated information that's already known.

Yup. Sometimes, I just get very enthusiastic when I work on something. Lawls. Yea. I blast that song throughout the house. Lately, I've been on a Guardian's of the Galaxy kick. The music is so good.
That's the problem I have with news, repeated information (at least some news get ongoing updates). But I guess if you're one of those folks who works all the time, and is need of catching-up on latest things, then there's that.

I normally listen to songs I like, but the majority of it doesn't suit with whatever activity I had in mind. It might be because I enjoy country/worldly, melodies, nostalgic songs, and the like. Some are just nice to have in the background if you're casually talking with another Gaian.

Yea. When you work 9-5, the news keeps me update on some things.

Normally, I have grooveshark playing in the background of my Gaia profile. It has a variety of music, from anime to video game, and rock to trans. The GCD is a bit more enjoyable when certain tracks are playing. XD

Inuyasha's Fangirl

Rainbow Goddess

31,215 Points
  • Let There Be Color 500
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Market Browser 100
I gave away all of the items I didn't want that were worth under 1 bil. Then once I had a little under 600 items, I organized it enough. Too lazy to completely do it haha

**I wish I was organizing it while I was listening to my playlist of some random jpop playlist I chanced upon

A Hoarder

21,525 Points
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
I don't have any specific music for anything. All I do nowadays is vend and forums. Today I went from Rise Against, to Eminem to American Kids by Kenny Chesney. My music is all over the place!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff