Welcome to Gaia! ::

MitsuOmitsu's Waifu

Eloquent Bibliophile

17,625 Points
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Married 100
  • Generous 100
I don't think that you can be "too old for Gaia." Maybe some threads might be more or less welcoming for someone of your age group, but I don't think you should have to leave because you aren't the average age.

I'm a college student and know plenty of other fun-loving college students here. I don't see any reason why we cannot continue to fit in here for years to come.

Now, if your interests change as you get older, that's another thing, but "too old for Gaia?" The idea just seems ridiculous to me.

Hilarious Cat

4,850 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Never.

But thats just IMHO(in my humble opinion)
Dogtato Kun
Never.

But thats just IMHO(in my humble opinion)

and a popular opinion you hold whee
I Killed The Pope
Caffienated
Neeeeeeeeeeeeeever! Although it's rather sick if old people are RPing in an adult way with young teens or preteens. That's just too old to be doing that. So, for Gaia, no age limit.

If old people did come here, I'd expect them to have both the good taste not to RP and even if they did, to have the decency not to be E-*****]
In my opinion, I have no preference to age limit. But I do believe that since they are older than the rest of us, then they should show good examples to younger ages, like know when to spam or not, no flamming within forums or go off topic without an accompaniance to what is relevant to topic, or showing good ___manship.
I wish there were more old people on Gaia. Then more people would get my silly outdated culture references.

Or maybe I just suck at humor neutral

Tasty Shapeshifter

There is never too old. One is never too old to do anything. They might have trouble doing certain things as they age but they can still do it. Being too old for gaia is just silly. Stay in touch with your childish self. There is however I believe a too young for gaia. There are more older people who discuss more serious things that younger children shouldn't see just yet. Plus they might not be developed enough to know how to detect people who are trying to take advantage of their naivety.

5,500 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
Considering the PEOPLE running the site are at least 29 (If Lanzer's profile b-day is correct) then I say no age limit.

Hell I'm 20 and I'm still here. Gaia keeps me from killing people.
From reading most of this thread I've noticed that most of the people on here seem to have this idea that once you turn 25+ you turn into this drooling pedaphile that wants nothing more from the internet than to get some underaged girl to cyber with you.

And that's pretty freaking pathetic.

Where is this idea coming from? I know that there used to be the belief that you couldn't trust anyone over 30, but to think that once you hit that age you turn into a perv is just silly.

Dapper Elocutionist

I'm 24, and I don't plan on going anywhere. xp
your not old till your dead
Valgav
I'm 24, and I don't plan on going anywhere. xp

I'm 26. That's even worse. xp And I don't plan on going anywhere either.

Dapper Elocutionist

Wow, your account is even older than mine. xp

It's topics like this though, when I realize most people on this site are still young. Makes me feel really old sometimes. neutral

13,600 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
as of 7pm PST today I'll be 34 and i'm not going anywhere eather
oh and my 56 year old dads on here too
Valgav
Wow, your account is even older than mine. xp

It's topics like this though, when I realize most people on this site are still young. Makes me feel really old sometimes. neutral

I'm a true oldbie. blaugh

And they make me feel old as well - and I'm really not all that old in the grand scheme of things.
I'm 21, 22 soon. and the only place i am to old for on here are some threads. usually they are about things like "i'm in grade 9 and i cheated on my math test OMGWTF?!" so i usually avoid those... sweatdrop

But a lot of the converstations on here usually involve a bit of life experiance, which age offers.

When i first came to Gaia it was mostly 16-29 year olds

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces