Astral Witch

31,700 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Hunter 50
  • Miasmal Lake Visitor 25
VO so are you playing the summer Event?

Dapper Genius

ALL HAIL VO

Oh hay there. Welcome back. Thank you for the lovely hat. Does this mean you're gonna stick around for a bit?

Your art rocks, btw.

You should totally do an ATA with the staff!

Dapper Genius

VO
Bomber? What did I bomb? sweatdrop

InvaIid User
VO

Are you the real bomber? o;
Welcome back

Durem was bombed a few days ago by a dark elf named Faris.

The GCD found him and Gaia Police caught him. :O
Ceravis
VO
Bomber? What did I bomb? sweatdrop

InvaIid User
VO

Are you the real bomber? o;
Welcome back

Durem was bombed a few days ago by a dark elf named Faris.

The GCD found him and Gaia Police caught him. :O

He talked to me before he got arrested! I brought up some tiny detail in case it was potentially suspicious and he snapped and told me to get over myself. biggrin NPC interaction is the best.

I too suspected you for a brief moment, VO, because of the timing of your reappearance. >.> You lucked out this time, but I've got my eye on you...

By the way, I have another long-winded, detail-obsessed Gambino/G Corp related question (getting sick of me yet?). I'll use an earlier post I made on the subject.

Quote:
Johnny was 42 years old in October 2004 [1][2]. According to LabTech 062, G Corp had been around for at least 25 years at the time [3]. If we take his recollection as correct, Gambino could not have been any older than 17 when he started the company. (For his part, he claims that G Corp was around for at least thirty years prior to H2k4 [4]; if his recollection is the right one, he was no older than twelve. [...] I have assumed 062 was right due to the former estimate being more realistic, [...])

Given his genius, as well as the pressure he puts on Gino, I've been able to accept this information as it was given, but I can't possibly pass up the chance to hear the "2004 perspective" on it. Did you have any specific age in mind when you created the character? If not, do you feel he could have pulled it off, or would you suggest a different time frame?

Dapper Man-Lover

Aye dios mio, VO was here! eek

I hope you've been doing well, man! 3nodding
Heya, I dropped in for a bit, but didn't have much time to really get into it. sweatdrop

Tear of Fate
VO so are you playing the summer Event?

Green Gaian

I was recently hanging out with my cousin, so I downloaded the game on his tablet thingamajig.
So we pretty much established the Gambino's as having had a long family history. It's possible that Labtech 062 was around at the time that Gambino's dad was around.

The Gambino's were a very male-centric bunch, who valued the sons as the heirs that would continue the empire from generation to generation.

That's why so much pressure was placed on Gino at such a young age. Gambino was hard on him because it was his responsibility to make sure Gino would grow up to be the man that he was himself.

In terms of an exact age, we never really decided on it. It's kinda like the Simpsons, where no one really ages but the stories continue on anyways.

Hope that helps! 3nodding

LabTech Kestin

By the way, I have another long-winded, detail-obsessed Gambino/G Corp related question (getting sick of me yet?). I'll use an earlier post I made on the subject.

Quote:
Johnny was 42 years old in October 2004 [1][2]. According to LabTech 062, G Corp had been around for at least 25 years at the time [3]. If we take his recollection as correct, Gambino could not have been any older than 17 when he started the company. (For his part, he claims that G Corp was around for at least thirty years prior to H2k4 [4]; if his recollection is the right one, he was no older than twelve. [...] I have assumed 062 was right due to the former estimate being more realistic, [...])

Given his genius, as well as the pressure he puts on Gino, I've been able to accept this information as it was given, but I can't possibly pass up the chance to hear the "2004 perspective" on it. Did you have any specific age in mind when you created the character? If not, do you feel he could have pulled it off, or would you suggest a different time frame?
VO
So we pretty much established the Gambino's as having had a long family history. It's possible that Labtech 062 was around at the time that Gambino's dad was around.

The Gambino's were a very male-centric bunch, who valued the sons as the heirs that would continue the empire from generation to generation.

That's why so much pressure was placed on Gino at such a young age. Gambino was hard on him because it was his responsibility to make sure Gino would grow up to be the man that he was himself.

In terms of an exact age, we never really decided on it. It's kinda like the Simpsons, where no one really ages but the stories continue on anyways.

Are you saying Gambino inherited his wealth and power? We have always been told of how he forged it all himself (here is the most comprehensive backstory I can find). Wouldn't we have known if his father had been a comparably influential person in semi-recent history? Certainly Johnny may have inherited his personality and charisma. But what you're saying vastly contradicts the established image of him and I therefore find it distressing. crying

...okay, okay, I know I should just get over it and stick to my own interpretation, seeing as characterization isn't the most strictly enforced thing around here anyway, but I'm just the kind of person who can have a crisis of canon. What's the story, then? You yourself said he was the one who started G Corp (page 15, though obviously they've done a lot more than that), so that alone contradicts what you're hedging about his father having owned it beforehand...

Don't get me wrong, I don't mean to be belligerent or anything, but I am a ruthless warrior, master of the elusive blade of canon, and character continuity is my cause. ninja

Dapper Genius

-looks through thread-

VO, is it bad I never noticed you were gone? sweatdrop

I'm a bad community member! gonk

You're right, Gambino did build his wealth on his own in Gambino. The original story was that he did come to the Isle of Gambino penniless and took it over and grew his wealth from there. The Isle de Gambino wasn't called that until he took it over. Of course, we never mentioned where he came from. So, you never really knew what his father did. Also, the Secret Underground Test Facility was always hidden somewhere in the northern snowy lands that no one knew about.It may have very well existed before even Gambino came to the Isle de Gambino. So... I'll just leave you to ponder about that. wink

LabTech Kestin
VO

Are you saying Gambino inherited his wealth and power? We have always been told of how he forged it all himself (here is the most comprehensive backstory I can find). Wouldn't we have known if his father had been a comparably influential person in semi-recent history? Certainly Johnny may have inherited his personality and charisma. But what you're saying vastly contradicts the established image of him and I therefore find it distressing. crying

...okay, okay, I know I should just get over it and stick to my own interpretation, seeing as characterization isn't the most strictly enforced thing around here anyway, but I'm just the kind of person who can have a crisis of canon. What's the story, then? You yourself said he was the one who started G Corp (page 15, though obviously they've done a lot more than that), so that alone contradicts what you're hedging about his father having owned it beforehand...

Don't get me wrong, I don't mean to be belligerent or anything, but I am a ruthless warrior, master of the elusive blade of canon, and character continuity is my cause. ninja
VO
You're right, Gambino did build his wealth on his own in Gambino. The original story was that he did come to the Isle of Gambino penniless and took it over and grew his wealth from there. The Isle de Gambino wasn't called that until he took it over. Of course, we never mentioned where he came from. So, you never really knew what his father did. Also, the Secret Underground Test Facility was always hidden somewhere in the northern snowy lands that no one knew about.It may have very well existed before even Gambino came to the Isle de Gambino. So... I'll just leave you to ponder about that. wink

LabTech Kestin
VO

Hmmm. That is something to think about...G Corp just gets more and more interesting now doesn't it ninja Thanks for the clarification, as I was not ready to believe any less of our great leader than I did before. xp The way I see it, Gambino's father was one of two things: a watered-down Johnny K., or a well-meaning but anxious kind of guy with no idea how to handle his son's slightly unsettling ambition...

*consults questionsforvo.txt* All right, two more for now. Does Gino have a middle name? And were the Von Helsons originally intended to be vampires in disguise, or did that revelation occur because everyone already thought so anyway and the staff just went "sure, let's go with that"?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff