Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anxious Bunny

I've been on Gaia for a hella long time and I've seen inflation happen.
This isn't another "wow how did this happen" thread. Those are tired af.

But but but I also play Guild Wars 2, which has a cash shop kind of thing they call the Gem Store.
They allow you to convert your gold into gems if you don't want to spend actual money.

Idk I feel Gaia should totally set up something like this?????
Y/N ?
Y/ whoa gorai this is a dumb thread ?

Anxious Bunny

Thread title sounds like I'm some n00b asking a question, dunnit

Loyal Exhibitionist

Won't happen.

Gaia wants you to buy GC/gold from them directly. They won't give you a gold-to-GC conversation at all, because that would just make their revenue drop.

Leader

This will never happen because the owners of gaia will not allow it wink

Jishin's Husband

Sparkling Star

18,125 Points
  • Big Tipper 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Generous 100
It would be awesome, but since Gaia Interactive very obviously wants its users to spend real money to use the site, it ain't ever gonna happen.

Inquisitive Rogue

15,525 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Firestarter 200
  • Threadmaster 200
I wish sad

Eternal Demigod

★   ★   ★  ★   ★

If there's an official conversion rate, it could potentially screw users over as well.
If they did this where u spend more gold to get a smaller increasement of gc that would make major gold sink ppl would still pay for the gc with real money cause they run outta gold trying to get items in the gc shop.

Big Member

20,000 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Magical Girl 50
Crazy idea, but what if there was a gold sink that gave you some change in GC? I mean I guess on the whole that could be a bad idea, and very unlikely to happen, but just brainstorming it doesn't seem like that bad of an idea.
*shrug* idk
Hasuki Aatisuto
Won't happen.

Gaia wants you to buy GC/gold from them directly. They won't give you a gold-to-GC conversation at all, because that would just make their revenue drop.

*pinches butt*

Benevolent Cutesmasher

14,050 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Be honest I think it would actual screw up the economy and cause massive deflation of straight buy items from the cash shop which in turn would probably cause a massive drop in sale by regular cash buyers who now find their real money purchases valueless.. so no not a great idea the only reason why Guild Wars was able to do what they did was because they did it on launch.

An established economy like Gaia's would probably cause a massive crash (Not the good kind).

Loyal Exhibitionist

Beast Henshin
*pinches butt*

Fresh!

... ;3

Relentless Glitch

Won't be happening.
Gaia likes real money.

Gaia Cash
Quote:
Gaia cash is a virtual currency on Gaia, primarily used to purchase Cash-Only items and Monthly Collectibles, and is completely voluntary to purchase. Gaia Cash can also be used to buy regular gold items from NPC stores as well, but there are certain differences between Gaia Cash and Gaia Gold that are not going to change:

Gaia Gold can not be converted to Gaia Cash.
Gaia Cash can not be transferred between accounts.

There will be times where Gaia Online will grant Gaia Cash at its sole discretion, and you can also get free Gaia Cash through offers found here.

SOURCE

Perfect Saint

People convert GG to GC and buy Gold Gens then get more GGs to sell into GCs to buy more Gold Gens...

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

We could power my household forever!

No Winner

33,650 Points
  • That One Hero 500
  • 10000 High Score 300
  • Magical Girl 50
I'm sure if this ever becomes a thing, it'll be a 100 quadrillion helluva lotta gold to 1 gcash or something like that

Loyal Lover

Gonna be honest, every time I pop into GW I think about what if Gaia had a gold convert to GC type system. Kinda glad I'm not the only one who ever thought about it though. It sounds like a good idea and I for one actually thought Gaia ought to do it, but after reading King Blackwater's post, they got a point. GW had that system right from the get go so it works. Tossing that idea into Gaia in the middle of a s**t storm might create another s**t storm. gonk BUT maybe not. Can't really say for sure. We wouldn't know how Gaia would convert gold into Cash. How much gold for how much Cash kind of deal. Would it be enough to cause an impact or would it be something for more people to say "Why bother" and would rather BUY cash than convert gold, making the system unused and tossed away just like that bidding/auction thing we had at one point. Not to mention, if people used it, there'd be a hell of a lot more Verge members that's for sure. hahaha. Cash shop and Verge items would plummet, I can only assume the same would go for any RIG items. We can't just have something work on Gaia now can we? biggrin

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff