Welcome to Gaia! ::

-rubs my face against a cache-

Oh silly sack of random junk, tell me your secrets... 1 100.0% [ 69 ]
Total Votes:[ 69 ]
< 1 2 3 4 >

Vermillion Shapeshifter

I don't really care for alchemy components that can be crafted through GoFusion, since most of the formulas require other expensive items so it's not really worth it anyway.

What I'd love to see in Alchemy is a formula for STAR charms, since those are the ones that I find harder to get. Really, where did people get them from when the DC wasn't updated? Even Heart charms were more expensive than the star charms, that's how I was able to craft Keiko's Trifle, Volant Daydream and Princess Golden Fan for free, I sold my hearts and bought star charms, and that even generated some profit for me. But since star charms are more expensive now, I'd really love to get an alternative for getting them other than GC and DC.

`Russell Ace's Fangirl

Russell Superfan

57,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Russell Ace: Super Handsome Cards Dealer 500
I am the embodiment of fear and evil

Personally, what I'd love to see them implement into GoFusion to make my quest to make all the MANs would be items like Bolt Deodorant and Businessman. I can eventually earn enough tickets for the PillowMAN and for components needed for MANequin. It's really only those two items that are such a pain in the a** for me to finish my MAN collection.

Other than that, I really only have a handful of wearable items I need for formulas that I refuse to buy for exorbitant prices only to end up destroying them.

of the House of Demonic Dreams

Diligent Defender

39,725 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Who watches the watchers? 25
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Ridley Starsmore
No, not every day. But I have a wild card and a Diamond that I have gotten since the new DC. And I know I am not the only one.

And I have fused over 100 items for myself and others so far. The cash seems to have been to introduce it, and the cash offered bundles are more of a speed up. But it isn't needed at all to play it. The charms are so commonplace, just about any item can be made with enough time.

Patience is very helpful, be it Fusion or Alchemy. Took me 2 years to make 10 in Alchemy. Not everything is supposed to be instant, and I think this seems to be what is bothering you is it's just not falling into your arms.

But it's not supposed to. It's suppose to take time. Cash just speeds it up. And personally, I can wait. 3nodding

But enough about that, let's get back on topic! What sort of things would you like to see them bridge the Alchemy Fusion gap with? And remember, helpful works better than "They ain't gonna do it."

Because you don't know, they may like your idea and go with it!
I don't have the resources to pay billions of gold to craft items for keeps, and I certainly can't afford to do it to vend with all the competition. Just buying heart charms is enough of an expense that getting 1 every 100 caches is almost attractive. I've made items, and I've kept a couple, but overall I can't justify the cost. And you must be logging in to a different Gaia than I am, because the one I play with stated that all features must pay for themselves. Gofusion was originally a pay to play feature, and they introduced cashless methods after people weren't falling over themselves to buy charms. They will continue to pressure users to pay for it. You can see it in how the charm requirements for newer items are being increased to accommodate the influx coming from the DC. Bull King and it's companions: 25 heart 2 star. Autopsy scar: low level, single pose, alchemy item, 50 heart 25 star. Red Cyber goth Suit, same, 25 heart 10 star. The fusion requirements are going to keep increasing. People with large amounts of gold can "be patient" and buy them UP in the MP but those without such resources are going to have to pay cash at some point or go without.

2 years to level 10? I didn't get there until a week ago and that's only due to someone donating a ton of caches and having hoarded most of my ingredients from the time the Bitfrost started selling formulas. That and inflation making crafting costs look like spit. I have plenty of patience.

New formulas at a standard (and fairly cheap cost) are the only things I would be happy seeing in gofusion. I would rather see the component RIG in Alchemy for the reasons previously stated. But better in Gofusion than never.

Diligent Defender

39,725 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
`Hydro
Sweet Sentiment
I think the inclusion of Alchemy items in Gofusion is a terrible idea. Gofusion was introduced as a "pay to play" system and while they have opened it up to allow "no pay" methods of acquiring charms, they are restricting cashless access to high-tier (diamond charm) items. Given Gaia's recent track history with implementing changes, the idea of further blending between Gofusion and Alchemy fills me with dread. 5~10 Diamond charms for a single Monarch Butterfly seems like the mildest of offenses they would commit. And Diamond Charms are mostly bought with money. (So fat chance ever crafting them.)

I'd rather they use this moment to address the Alchemy system itself; with all the Heart Charm hunters there is a monstrously huge glut of caches on the market. It'd be the perfect time to implement that "rare component RIG" in ALCHEMY. Not that they would ever do that. emotion_eyebrow

I know this to be too true. I had a lengthy discussion about a need for a RIG for the old items a while back.
http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/gaia-community-discussion/alchemy-untapped-gold-sink-potential/t.92482919/

I'm worried with the wrong move, GoFusion could wipe out alchemy. I didn't see a need for the new system, but that they'd tied them together is frustrating, yet it helps alchemy too. They could continue allow the two systems to work in tandem, and make something really good out of GoFusion but giving us the components in another way besides extremely rare finds in towns and Flynn...

And hopefully Alchemy, a site feature we wanted and asked for for a long time, will survive.
Honestly their selection of Alchemy items felt less like "helping" alchemy and more like they threw us a bone in hope that we'd pay for the pleasure of chewing on it. They selected items that are popular but extremely difficult to craft due to the pool of necessary items being decimated, and listed them at ridiculous costs compared to first gen Fusion items.

Dragon Storyteller

52,425 Points
  • Heart of a Dragon 500
  • Embrace of Destiny 500
  • Empyrean Scribe 0
Sweet Sentiment
`Hydro
Sweet Sentiment
I think the inclusion of Alchemy items in Gofusion is a terrible idea. Gofusion was introduced as a "pay to play" system and while they have opened it up to allow "no pay" methods of acquiring charms, they are restricting cashless access to high-tier (diamond charm) items. Given Gaia's recent track history with implementing changes, the idea of further blending between Gofusion and Alchemy fills me with dread. 5~10 Diamond charms for a single Monarch Butterfly seems like the mildest of offenses they would commit. And Diamond Charms are mostly bought with money. (So fat chance ever crafting them.)

I'd rather they use this moment to address the Alchemy system itself; with all the Heart Charm hunters there is a monstrously huge glut of caches on the market. It'd be the perfect time to implement that "rare component RIG" in ALCHEMY. Not that they would ever do that. emotion_eyebrow

I know this to be too true. I had a lengthy discussion about a need for a RIG for the old items a while back.
http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/gaia-community-discussion/alchemy-untapped-gold-sink-potential/t.92482919/

I'm worried with the wrong move, GoFusion could wipe out alchemy. I didn't see a need for the new system, but that they'd tied them together is frustrating, yet it helps alchemy too. They could continue allow the two systems to work in tandem, and make something really good out of GoFusion but giving us the components in another way besides extremely rare finds in towns and Flynn...

And hopefully Alchemy, a site feature we wanted and asked for for a long time, will survive.
Honestly their selection of Alchemy items felt less like "helping" alchemy and more like they threw us a bone in hope that we'd pay for the pleasure of chewing on it. They selected items that are popular but extremely difficult to craft due to the pool of necessary items being decimated, and listed them at ridiculous costs compared to first gen Fusion items.

The items, yes, kinda felt like that. But by throwing Charms into the Philosopher's Caches, I think, were a step toward balancing the two systems together.

Diligent Defender

39,725 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
The thing about an Alchemy component RIG in Gofusion is that a lot of items that would benefit from such a thing, are fail items that are, in a sense, worth far less than even one heart charm. So I don't see how the value of the RIG could be balanced against the cost to Fuse it, where I could see there being more of a balance with it being Alchemy crafted.

As an addendum: If Inizio Formulas were made available for fusion at the price of 5 Diamond Charms, and Monarch Butterflies and Demon Flies could be fused for 1 Diamond Charm each, I think this would go a long way towards Gaia fulfilling the long ago promise of back wings. Diamond charms would probably shoot up to 10~20 Billion, so there would be much more incentive to buy them from Gaia. Users happy because formulas are accessible "freely" and Gaia is making money. Everybody wins. Cheap price is key. Would help use up the caches too.

Diligent Defender

39,725 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
`Hydro
Sweet Sentiment
`Hydro
Sweet Sentiment

The items, yes, kinda felt like that. But by throwing Charms into the Philosopher's Caches, I think, were a step toward balancing the two systems together.
Except the glut of caches is destroying crafting because cheap caches means you can't vend components to cover crafting costs on the way up. The components are the most expensive to craft (High failure rate, high cost) and the only ones that don't rely on limited RIG/DC/zOMG grants.
I would love to be able to craft some rare bugs with charms...hopefully not with too many diamonds. sweatdrop

Oh! I would also like to see awesome new baroque furniture in GoFusion, all different styles and colors for your house. heart
Homes just don't get enough love you know?

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
Bowie-Spawan

When I was leveling alchemy, what stood out to me was the severe lack of wearable items that could be crafted with only cache components :/
I wish they added some nice new recipes that need tons of cache-only components.

That is an excellent point.
It didn't actually click in my mind until I read your post. That's exactly my problem with Alchemy. I wish there were wearable items made from cache-only components. (At least, I didn't see any when I searched but I guess some could exist.) I'm not interested in a system where I have to destroy multiple wearable items just to get one wearable item.

When GOFusion first appeared and looked mainly like a CS-only alchemy, I wasn't even that bummed. Sure, I didn't think I could participate due to lack of funds, but I also had no qualms over unequippable charms being turned into wearable items.

As to Ridley's OP, I would love to see an update that tied the systems together in some way.... But only as long as it's optional. Like, right now, how you could open caches to find charms, but it's not a necessary step in the process.
In general, these things are all outdated. Come on, where's my update to the paper hats and such? I'd love to make more hats and accessories out of the trash users find in Towns. o wo

Angelic Nitemare

Sweet Sentiment
Ridley Starsmore
No, not every day. But I have a wild card and a Diamond that I have gotten since the new DC. And I know I am not the only one.

And I have fused over 100 items for myself and others so far. The cash seems to have been to introduce it, and the cash offered bundles are more of a speed up. But it isn't needed at all to play it. The charms are so commonplace, just about any item can be made with enough time.

Patience is very helpful, be it Fusion or Alchemy. Took me 2 years to make 10 in Alchemy. Not everything is supposed to be instant, and I think this seems to be what is bothering you is it's just not falling into your arms.

But it's not supposed to. It's suppose to take time. Cash just speeds it up. And personally, I can wait. 3nodding

But enough about that, let's get back on topic! What sort of things would you like to see them bridge the Alchemy Fusion gap with? And remember, helpful works better than "They ain't gonna do it."

Because you don't know, they may like your idea and go with it!
I don't have the resources to pay billions of gold to craft items for keeps, and I certainly can't afford to do it to vend with all the competition. Just buying heart charms is enough of an expense that getting 1 every 100 caches is almost attractive. I've made items, and I've kept a couple, but overall I can't justify the cost. And you must be logging in to a different Gaia than I am, because the one I play with stated that all features must pay for themselves. Gofusion was originally a pay to play feature, and they introduced cashless methods after people weren't falling over themselves to buy charms. They will continue to pressure users to pay for it. You can see it in how the charm requirements for newer items are being increased to accommodate the influx coming from the DC. Bull King and it's companions: 25 heart 2 star. Autopsy scar: low level, single pose, alchemy item, 50 heart 25 star. Red Cyber goth Suit, same, 25 heart 10 star. The fusion requirements are going to keep increasing. People with large amounts of gold can "be patient" and buy them UP in the MP but those without such resources are going to have to pay cash at some point or go without.

2 years to level 10? I didn't get there until a week ago and that's only due to someone donating a ton of caches and having hoarded most of my ingredients from the time the Bitfrost started selling formulas. That and inflation making crafting costs look like spit. I have plenty of patience.

New formulas at a standard (and fairly cheap cost) are the only things I would be happy seeing in gofusion. I would rather see the component RIG in Alchemy for the reasons previously stated. But better in Gofusion than never.

(Wow, are you always this negative?)

As for buying components, it is one way, yes.

I'm talking about really patient.

But hey, you can complain if you want. I'll be over here. Doing fun things. xd

Diligent Defender

39,725 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Nikko Roseus
I would love to be able to craft some rare bugs with charms...hopefully not with too many diamonds. sweatdrop

Oh! I would also like to see awesome new baroque furniture in GoFusion, all different styles and colors for your house. heart
I'd like to just see that in Aekea. Who cares about fusion? Extras like working mirrors, or house skins, or housing bundles might be fusion worthy. Remember the cost of charms. sweatdrop
Just give Gaia the idea of how much beef they could make if users could craft rare bugs with diamonds in GoFusion, and the cows will come rolling in. pirate
Sweet Sentiment
Nikko Roseus

I'd like to just see that in Aekea. Who cares about fusion? Extras like working mirrors, or house skins, or housing bundles might be fusion worthy. Remember the cost of charms. sweatdrop

A working music player would be good enough I think, like a simple radio or a fancy record player that plays Gaia music.
Also even though we have big pianos I would like to see a harpsichord that if you click on keys it plays a little tune. 3nodding

Animated housing items could be a good seller but I'm scared they might just put those in the cash shop like the fire place.
If only they had it to where you need x amount of heart charms to make the others ones that I'd craft more.
Alchemy is a butt sometimes.

Cirala's Wife

Married Witch

26,375 Points
  • Married 100
  • Budding Witch 250
  • Conventioneer 300
I would support more of a union between Alchemy and GoFusion, though there might be little chance for this. It's hard not to believe the release of GoFusion is Gaia's permanent "fix" for Alchemy. The majority of Alchemy seems to be broken (well, really it's the formulas that are broken, due to the crazy flux in item prices, rendering certain formulas completely useless), and not wanting to even touch Alchemy again (in true Gaia fashion), Gaia just created a new crafting system altogether. I'm worried now that Alchemy may be ignored from here on...

On the bright side, I must agree that GoFusion seems like a better crafting system and is more MP-proof since formulas don't involve Equip items.

Really, though... I think the better solution from the start would have been to fuse the GoFusion system with Alchemy to make it an Alchemy revival (no pun intended), since GoFusion lacks levels and formulas to buy. Still, perhaps it's better to not sell formulas, since they run a high risk of becoming unbalanced due to item supplies and prices. Many things don't seem to be future-proof here on Gaia, but maybe there's a little hope for GoFusion?

Still, GoFusion is lacking in story and substance... so it would be nice to see some involvement with NPC's? Maybe Cresento and Nicolae can mosey on over to GoFusion? ;_;

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff