Welcome to Gaia! ::

Nimble Explorer

User Image

WHOA WHEN'D YOU CHANGE YOUR AV GENDER?

@Freak: What camps did you join? I like Science's labcoat and Fitness's windbreaker the most, personally. Best boss-defeat item is unarguably the Fitness gloves. And then maybe the Science beaker and tongs. The Juvie spork is pretty lulzy, though.
A while back I did. I was only going to keep it for a bit until I got into the way the clothing layers on it. So I made it permanent.

I joined Gino's camp

Misleading Architect

35,475 Points
  • Their Undying Love 500
  • Attending the Ball 25
  • Ian's Valentine 100
So does it matter which bosses you hit when? I'm not at level 5 yet, but plan to keep going..

Actually, Liam said he hadn't known his father since he was 5...
I'd thought for a while that he might be Edmund's kid, but now i;m not so sure.
I still think Liam and Lance may be related- they look somewhat similar.
Purplesnoopy
So does it matter which bosses you hit when? I'm not at level 5 yet, but plan to keep going..

Actually, Liam said he hadn't known his father since he was 5...
I'd thought for a while that he might be Edmund's kid, but now i;m not so sure.
I still think Liam and Lance may be related- they look somewhat similar.
*Walks in wearing a red tango dancer's dress* Would Liam's hair suggest that he, unlike Ian, does nt dye his hair? He did once mention not being able to go for a hair cut do to the Kill Billesque incident, but would that related to the hair in any way?

Shameless Conventioneer

Citrine Knight
User Image

@Freak: What camps did you join? I like Science's labcoat and Fitness's windbreaker the most, personally. Best boss-defeat item is unarguably the Fitness gloves. And then maybe the Science beaker and tongs. The Juvie spork is pretty lulzy, though.
"Not even time to finish my cake?"

I joined Science Camp and Rich Camp on my mule. I kinda like the science camp coat and the rich camp jacket, but not enough to actually use them.

NO. THERE IS NO MORE TIME, EVEN FOR CAKE. FOR YOU, THE CAKE IS OVER. YOU HAVE REACHED THE END OF CAKE.
Totrue-Tufaar
*Walks in wearing a red tango dancer's dress* Would Liam's hair suggest that he, unlike Ian, does nt dye his hair? He did once mention not being able to go for a hair cut do to the Kill Billesque incident, but would that related to the hair in any way?

Kill Billesque? I'm sorry, I don't seem to remember that incident. Could you please go over that again? I don't remember something like that. XD;

Romantic Lunatic

12,850 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
Rychi
Totrue-Tufaar

Kill Billesque? I'm sorry, I don't seem to remember that incident. Could you please go over that again? I don't remember something like that. XD;
John Tucker Must Die.
Totrue got the movies mixed.
EvilAuthor
John Tucker Must Die.
Totrue got the movies mixed.

Oh, that's right. XD I remember now.

I think Liam does dye his hair, but only just the tips of it? And Ian no longer dyes, or bleaches, his hair.

I wonder if they will ever do anything with Liam's back story. Why he came to Gaia, why it was relevant for him to mention his parents and all. But, it was so long ago that maybe they just forgot it since a lot of people gave up beating on that horse, too. XD;

I think that's the problem with anime twists about families sometimes. It's kind of hard to realize or pick out the resemblances between family members so when references are made to them, you kind of scratch your head about it. I

Romantic Lunatic

12,850 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
Like how in Sailor Moon Rini's hair is pink despite the fact that her mother is blond and her rather has blue/purple hair?
Or how in Fruits Basket, you have a large group of cousins with no explanation of how they're actually related [beyond saying they're cousins] and no one resembles anyone else?

I think Gaia's a little better then typical anime. After all, Gino does have a few traits in common with his father.
And for Ian...I caught on to how he and Louie have the same nose. Admirably, I thought Louie and Ian were the same person...but now in hindsight, I can see the family resemblance between them.

While it might be too much to ask Gaia to actually remember their own plot, I do believe they completely ignore the importance of families looking like family.

3,150 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
It'd be kinda nice if there was a story arc for him. In fact I think the NPC's should get some more BG to them and not just Johnny and his fam (though I love Gino to bits and would never complain to seeing more of him <3) but I am curious what the deal is with Liam. And I'm curious about Josie too! Are those markings for show? Or do they mean anything? LoL

Also about Rini and pink hair, I heard a "theory" than in anime, if one of the parents is blond, and the other parent has dark hair (be it brown or black) then the child, especially if it's a girl, is gonna have pink hair XD. It's like the cuter equivalent to brown or having one color over the other lol.

Gracious Genius

hi guys!
Long time since I've been back.
I'm now 777 days old on gaia!

Anyway, was anyone else a little sad about having to fight Gino?

Devout Bibliophile

*comes out of lurking*
I didn't want to fight Gino. I just pretended that all of the hits were going straight on to the Von Helsons instead.
*pokes head in* BWAHAHAHAHA ninja

...So the Harem is still here!?
*walks in and looks around nervously then speaks in a soft voice*
I....I would like to join the harem...
Neko Tifa-chan
*walks in and looks around nervously then speaks in a soft voice*
I....I would like to join the harem...

Then welcome, Miss! *hugs* Welcome to the Harem! ^^ Your name is now added to the list.

Miss PP2. XD How ridiculous. Of course the Harem is still here. The Gambino family is a strong and hardy bloodline, and by association, those who adore them are equally as strong and hardy. Mmhmm.

Yes, I do think that Gaia is better with their familial resemblances than most other anime. They don't have all bishounen all the time, so the characters don't have to rely on their hairstyles to be distinct. XD And those distinctions can run in family ties. Like how you mentioned, EvilAuthor, that Gino does share distinct traits with his father. *eyebrow waggle*

I think though, that in Liam's case it's a little different. They probably meant for him to look a certain way for a possible plotline, but since they never did anything with it, he doesn't really carry a certain resemblance to anyone else at the moment. It's weird.

Haha, the whole Blonde + Blue/Black = Pink thing always made me confused too. XD In anime, genetics is a system that does not exist. Everything is a grab bag of features.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff