I love gaiaonline trivia! 0.55555555555556 55.6% [ 30 ]
I could take it or leave it. 0.2962962962963 29.6% [ 16 ]
I honestly don't care enough to care about trivia. 0.14814814814815 14.8% [ 8 ]
Total Votes:[ 54 ]
< 1 2 3 4 >

Flz
This is really interesting O.o
Thank you so much for posting it :3

You're very welcome, thank you. First post will be updated when I find some more. Thinking of expanding this with departments information.
Signwriter
Zeroah
Signwriter
Mokoni
Kinda shocked that wiki is last

I'm surprised that wikipedia's even on the list eek
rofl
Me too. Wiki can't be trusted talk2hand

It really depends, check the source material to be sure, but there's some good information out there on wiki on many non-controversial topics. I definitely agree with the notion of not taking anything you read on there for granted though. Wikipedia can be a great source of knowledge..if you're careful about the way you use it.
True true. But Im glad someone has posted some relevant info as to Gaia not deing

Moonlight Lover

19,600 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Alchemy Level 9 100
  • Champion 300
Signwriter
Flz
This is really interesting O.o
Thank you so much for posting it :3

You're very welcome, thank you. First post will be updated when I find some more. Thinking of expanding this with departments information.

I'll make sure to check back in to see what else you find smile
Zeroah
True true. But Im glad someone has posted some relevant info as to Gaia not deing

I have no reason whatsoever to believe it's dying. The much-touted neopets is far, far closer to dying than gaiaonline ever was / is.
And you're welcs. :,]
Flz

Updated a bit just now. :]
Trying to add some background information on the runnings of gaia as well as formal stats.

Revered Plague

35,450 Points
  • Abomination 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Thank you for putting up this thread. I didn't know most of those things.

They should do something about the ad revenues. Increasing that average would help the site.

Moonlight Lover

19,600 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Alchemy Level 9 100
  • Champion 300
Signwriter
Flz

Updated a bit just now. :]
Trying to add some background information on the runnings of gaia as well as formal stats.

Oh nice :3
This is really neat!
I can't wait to see what else you'll find.
Ping of Death
Thank you for putting up this thread. I didn't know most of those things.

They should do something about the ad revenues. Increasing that average would help the site.

You're very welcome. I'll try my best to make this thread an ongoing effort, though I'm not on as much as I might wish to be at times.

Thing about the ads revenue is, it's hard to discern what their current ads revenue is, the average I'm taking it spans the entire duration of the site, and gaia wasn't anywhere near as ad-happy as it is nowadays, the fact that gaia didn't have any ads up for years knocks the average daily ads revenue down. Wild guess is aprox. 2K+ a day from ads currently? Who knows.

By the looks of it, it's the cash shop keeping them fat and happy at the moment, next up being Monster Galaxy and zOMG, though even the company admits zOMG hasn't been too effective in pulling new people in.

Sparkling Loiterer

14,300 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
omg, hahahahahaha! xd

I rarely emerge from lurking, but I must say, I quite enjoyed these trivia facts. the "the 5th most popular google search term that leads to people coming on gaia this month is 'mental puppet' " thing literally made me LOL. I am so including this in my new blog entry. (will credit/link, of course! ) So thank you for that laugh, I needed it. :,D
RainbowBubbles
omg, hahahahahaha! xd

I rarely emerge from lurking, but I must say, I quite enjoyed these trivia facts. the "the 5th most popular google search term that leads to people coming on gaia this month is 'mental puppet' " thing literally made me LOL. I am so including this in my new blog entry. (will credit/link, of course! ) So thank you for that laugh, I needed it. :,D

You're welcs :,] I know, right? It surprised me a *lot* to see 'mental puppet' is listed above even Monster Galaxy, I don't even know how that term is related to gaia eek

Invisible Regular

Signwriter

You're very welcome. I'll try my best to make this thread an ongoing effort, though I'm not on as much as I might wish to be at times.

Thing about the ads revenue is, it's hard to discern what their current ads revenue is, the average I'm taking it spans the entire duration of the site, and gaia wasn't anywhere near as ad-happy as it is nowadays, the fact that gaia didn't have any ads up for years knocks the average daily ads revenue down. Wild guess is aprox. 2K+ a day from ads currently? Who knows.

By the looks of it, it's the cash shop keeping them fat and happy at the moment, next up being Monster Galaxy and zOMG, though even the company admits zOMG hasn't been too effective in pulling new people in.

I don't think that sponsorships would be figured into the ad revenue, so that's probably a decent chunk too. Also, even if zOMG doesn't pull tons of people in, it has a very dedicated user base who supports the game in every way they can.
twiterpert

I don't think that sponsorships would be figured into the ad revenue, so that's probably a decent chunk too.

You're right, they wouldn't. I'd love some closer info about revenue from sponsorships.

Sparkling Loiterer

14,300 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
Signwriter

You're welcs :,] I know, right? It surprised me a *lot* to see 'mental puppet' is listed above even Monster Galaxy, I don't even know how that term is related to gaia eek

haha, yeah, it makes me wonder if we even want to know why or how it leads to gaia........................................ *curiosity strikes*
.........you know what? I'm trying it myself! twisted

........hmm. After scrolling through 3 pages of results really fast, I didn't see anything vaguely relating to Gaia. When I changed the search term to "mental puppet Gaia", all I got was this thread. xd what a mystery.
RainbowBubbles

haha, yeah, it makes me wonder if we even want to know why or how it leads to gaia........................................ *curiosity strikes*
.........you know what? I'm trying it myself! twisted

........hmm. After scrolling through 3 pages of results really fast, I didn't see anything vaguely relating to Gaia. When I changed the search term to "mental puppet Gaia", all I got was this thread. xd what a mystery.

I know, right? :<] I tried that yesterday, I failed at finding a connection, too. xd Thanks for joining in the laugh :,]

Barton Nerd

14,825 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Abomination 100
  • Nerd 50
22 minutes is the average? Now I'm embarrassed.
I probably spend closer to 22 hours a week on
this site. ^^;; I keep trying to remind myself
of all the unused accounts/mules, but
it's not working yet. Dx

Thanks for the Gaia trivia! It was a fun read!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff