Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ruthless Shapeshifter

J 4 C K
Yorugami
User Image
J 4 C K
Well, if they were single use items, they'd have to be in the gold shop, to ensure you could get them at any time. Gold shop items tend to not be that expensive, really.

The last time there was a change to the actual base-base, they had to edit ever single item to accommodate. I can almost guarantee that fisty dream will stay a dream u.u

Aw man. You make my fisty dreams die so hard. D:

Hm. But maybe they can make them like Elven ears. XD Or of the fisty kind.

>>; Well with the Halloween Skins being all 20 Wing Stickers. I'm somewhat
afraid what Gaia would do with those single use potions.
Sorry. I hate killing fisty dreams. Everyone has their own fisty dream.

Like I said, it couldn't happen now, but if that's how it was from the start, then maybe.

;D Continue on with your potion-y dreams my friend.
I'll do the same with my eternal fist-y dreams.

Ruthless Shapeshifter

Raba-san
Yorugami
Raba-san
Hmm, I wonder what the reception is/will be for these new halloween skins

I think there was an old thread about that.

Mostly people didn't really notice much difference. XD I've been using the old Dark Elf skin
since they came out and changed into the newer skins. Personally...since I barely
ever bare skin on my avatar...there isn't much of a change. >>;

Though the Vampiric skins are less skinny-dehydrated looking.

Yeah, they're definatly more built like they human skins. I noticed mostly on my other account, because I used to have the old vampire skin and then I got a mohawk. The head on the vampire skin is smaller so it caused the green slime thing to happen. So I changed my skin back to human for a while. Then I tried the new vamp skin and no green slime. Also no mandatory eyes and teeth either. I think this was gaias way of releasing a new skin for all the people who were bothered about those kind of things.

O_< It looks a bit too human though. Nothing really stands out anymore and make
the skin "vampire". It's just another human shaded skin. XD

Perfect Pumpkin

Yorugami
J 4 C K
Yorugami
User Image
J 4 C K
Well, if they were single use items, they'd have to be in the gold shop, to ensure you could get them at any time. Gold shop items tend to not be that expensive, really.

The last time there was a change to the actual base-base, they had to edit ever single item to accommodate. I can almost guarantee that fisty dream will stay a dream u.u

Aw man. You make my fisty dreams die so hard. D:

Hm. But maybe they can make them like Elven ears. XD Or of the fisty kind.

>>; Well with the Halloween Skins being all 20 Wing Stickers. I'm somewhat
afraid what Gaia would do with those single use potions.
Sorry. I hate killing fisty dreams. Everyone has their own fisty dream.

Like I said, it couldn't happen now, but if that's how it was from the start, then maybe.

;D Continue on with your potion-y dreams my friend.
I'll do the same with my eternal fist-y dreams.
I think I'm going to replace the term "pipe dream" with "fisty dream"...

Ruthless Shapeshifter

J 4 C K
I think I'm going to replace the term "pipe dream" with "fisty dream"...

Fisty dreams can have less innocent connotations as well. XD
It's a funny term.

Questionable Loverboy

Yorugami
Raba-san
Yorugami
Raba-san
Hmm, I wonder what the reception is/will be for these new halloween skins

I think there was an old thread about that.

Mostly people didn't really notice much difference. XD I've been using the old Dark Elf skin
since they came out and changed into the newer skins. Personally...since I barely
ever bare skin on my avatar...there isn't much of a change. >>;

Though the Vampiric skins are less skinny-dehydrated looking.

Yeah, they're definatly more built like they human skins. I noticed mostly on my other account, because I used to have the old vampire skin and then I got a mohawk. The head on the vampire skin is smaller so it caused the green slime thing to happen. So I changed my skin back to human for a while. Then I tried the new vamp skin and no green slime. Also no mandatory eyes and teeth either. I think this was gaias way of releasing a new skin for all the people who were bothered about those kind of things.

O_< It looks a bit too human though. Nothing really stands out anymore and make
the skin "vampire". It's just another human shaded skin. XD

True, mostly, but not quite. It still has the shading. Pair that with the right eyes and mouth and its very effective. In fact, I think we have fangs that look very similar to the old skin. But yeah, these new skin aren't for everyone. Especially because of the sticker price. Like I said, its more for those who were really bothered by the skinnyness and not being able to change everything.

Predestined Survivor

11,525 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Survivor 150

The two skins on gaia that I love are Tropical Disease and Easter 2k10 Gambino Egg. That green skin tropical disease makes a awesome zombie emotion_zombie I also love the gambino egg for that too.

Anxious Gaian

11,900 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
I like a few leg mods. At first i hated the trilune leg mod but now i'm starting to see why it's so popular!

I think Leg Mods are the flavour of the month and will be pumped out with practically every RIG/EI.

I think some are pretty cool, but some of them can be really ugly and overused.

Perfectionist

14,400 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
User Image
The only time I got into skins was when I first joined Gaia. It was a pretty short phase.
I really wanted something close to white skin at the time & Masterpieces was the only one I could afford.
Bah, I don't care for that one nowadays so I'm glad that phase was short.

I have an obsession with body mods right now, especially the Sugarsuite leg poses. <3
I've been wanting to use this one for forever but could never make an avi that I was happy with when experimenting.

I don't have any preferences with leg or arm mods. They keep coming out & I like most of them.
I'll never say never with the mods, most likely...

Fluffy Wolf

14,800 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Team Edward 100
I'm kind of on the fence for body mods. I like them, but there's something about the stockiness of the avis that I like. I find that a little too much mod could make the proportions of the avi look a bit odd. I guess you can balance that out with body mods for arms and legs, but I dunno. I do use them sometimes though.

I'm actually a rather plain person when it comes to mods, and skins. I like trying them for a certain period of time, but I actually prefer to go crazier on the clothing items themselves.

Dantrech's Princess

Demure Trash

there's a few body mods that I really like!! but also other that are so ugly imo! xd

cherubic leg mod is... so ugly imo... >___<'
same for Supreme Student Council legs... ughh so not comfortable pose!! >___<'

rever noir legs are one of my favs <3 so pretty legs+shoes!!
and NSWF, I absolute adore it <3
lovely/little lucie legs are so nice too, and arms from clerical nurse, L. luxury is so nice too

and knotty legs!!! <3

Premium Gaian

I pretty much think people need to usre jsut all the skins, and try to make something with it. Because it's funny, halloween ahs allways been about getting skins, only because everyone use to b***h about there not being enough skins. Now hardly anyone uses them : /

Deadly Dark Elf

11,850 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Battle Hardened 150
What's this about imps now? stare

Inquisitive Bibliophile

I like the concept behind base mods, definitely. But I'll admit that some leg and arm mods take some time to grow on me. I'm more open, in general, to leg mods in that I like most leg mods immediately. But it's easy for the angle to completely throw off the center of gravity on the avatar and make them look like they're tipping forward or backward. And I hate that. The thorn heels in Rosamund's Revenge immediately come to mind as a culprit.

I initially hated that mod because the placement of the straight leg makes your avatar look weirdly tilted forward. I've found that you can disguise it sometimes, depending on what you pair the leg mod with, so it's grown on me and I find myself using it far more than I thought I would. There are a lot of other leg mods I thought I'd never use for similar reasons, that eventually I found a use for. There are some leg mods I think I will always hate, though.

Arm mods, to me, are an entirely different animal. I hate about 95% of the arm mods we get. First of all, I understand why they have to be 'gloved' so they can be used with all skin tones. But most of the time the sleeve-glove thing they have going on just looks really weird to me. Secondly, I don't know if tiny arms are just really hard to pixel but most arm mods look oddly thin and noodly to me. The other difference between arm and leg mods that really kills the whole arm mod thing for me is that--when you move your legs, it's pretty easy to avoid repositioning other body parts to compensate for the leg position. But when you move your arms, because all the muscles are connected, it tends to impact torso, neck and head placement. Arm mods on our avatars only reposition the arms though--and since we don't really have necks to speak of, this can make the shoulder area look incredibly awkward. I realize that this is a limitation of the avatar base and not that the artists suck or anything. But it contributes to why I'm super picky about arm mods.

I also think it's very easy to make the arms too long and the hands freakishly large and clownish. For some reason, making awesome legs seems to be much easier for the artists than making awesome arms. But that just means when we do get an awesome arm mod, I'm really happy about it.

I'm okay with skins but I don't like the potions because I change my avatar far too often, and get bored with them. So I like skins that are part of items, so I can switch them out frequently.

Fluffy Glitch

I seem to use the White Body Ink the most but my favorite would have to be the gimpy because it was the first item to use a potion within it. All potions/skins weren't a part of any items. Plus the fact it was an EI and not a RIG item = bonus in my opinion.

These new potions are alright because they provide the variety that has been wanted in that we now can have dark vampires and not have Zhivago be the only one.

I'm also digging the light dark elf skin because it's a pale gray and reminds me of a character I rp off of gaia as.

As for leg or arm mods I have used leg mods and hate arm mods.

Interesting Entrepreneur

11,850 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Invisibility 100
I love body mods and skins. Of course what kinds I like are just my taste.
But I like the mods from the case of pietro poses the most especially the faces and gloves.
I use them on every avatar I make. no question.
but the use of other mods vary just depends on the item and if I have other items to match them.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff