Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ruthless Shapeshifter

Gaia has gone a long long way since it first started but I think almost everyone
still has an inkling of the days when Grombies reigned in Elitist Supreme (Note: This is a hyperbole. No need to feel offended, but if you want to defend your grombieness, you're free to do so.) or the follow-up rage of the ultra-skinny vampires and the first waves of the Dark Elves. There was pretty much a furor for new skins almost every time there was an event. So much so that we had a few most horrible attempts at skins which I don't think a lot of people even use anymore. (How rare are Imps nowadays yes? Or the Fright Skin?)

So, then the time came that people pretty much got sick and tired of skins.

Now came the parade of Body Mods. I didn't even know I NEEDED an item like this
until Gaia came around and made them. HOLY GAIA GODS AND ARTISTS THANK YOU!

I've always thought of the Male base as being necessarily stocky and short and now with
multiple leg mods available...I finally feel that the Male base can compete with the female
base and not look so annoyingly stocky. (Also makes me wish they'd offer some of the
female leg mods with an option to take off the stiletto heels. /sigh)

Another surprise was the hand mods. Wow. We can actually cross our arms now.
You can express so much emotion with items like these. It just kind of annoys me sometimes
that hand mods in comparison to leg mods tend to be almost always more feminized.
Usually appearing too small on the male base.

Also....HAND MODS = I can finally open my eternally male clenched fists!!!

So GCD, (excuse me for the long wall-post)
gaia_spoons Anyone still remember the epicness of the Grombie?
gaia_spoons Skin, skin, SKINS! -Most Favorite? Hatest? Want more? Oft Neglected skins you wish people wore more?
gaia_spoons Leg mods: best poses? Prefer them long or short? Girly or nicely gender nuetral?
gaia_spoons Hand mods: What's the pose that you use the most? Poses you wished Gaia made?

Perfect Pumpkin

There are only a few body mods that I like, my Faun Legs being one. I used to be totally against them, but I've grown to be more accepting of them as items over time. I'd still prefer any thing that modifies how your base looks to be single use items though.

Ruthless Shapeshifter

J 4 C K
There are only a few body mods that I like, my Faun Legs being one. I used to be totally against them, but I've grown to be more accepting of them as items over time. I'd still prefer any thing that modifies how your base looks to be single use items though.

Single use items? -- by which you mean like the skin potions? O_O
Would this apply to even leg and hand mods or even face mods?

Questionable Loverboy

Hmm, I wonder what the reception is/will be for these new halloween skins

Perfect Pumpkin

Yorugami
J 4 C K

Yes. It would cover any item that affects how your base looks. It doesn't make a lot of sense for real legs and feet to fit in to my goat-y legs, does it?

Ruthless Shapeshifter

J 4 C K
Yorugami
J 4 C K

Yes. It would cover any item that affects how your base looks. It doesn't make a lot of sense for real legs and feet to fit in to my goat-y legs, does it?

I guess in a way if it were real-life and not items on an avatar site it would make more sense for one to have potions or "operations" to get body modifying items. XD But ouch...that would be hell on my Gaian wallet...
However...I guess with the Ringmaster legs or Kind of Campus legs...they could be excused as being "slimming" pants/jeans with shoes thrown in rather than actual body mods? 8D -hence an excuse out of the potions thing.

Ruthless Shapeshifter

Raba-san

I think there was an old thread about that.

Mostly people didn't really notice much difference. XD I've been using the old Dark Elf skin
since they came out and changed into the newer skins. Personally...since I barely
ever bare skin on my avatar...there isn't much of a change. >>;

Though the Vampiric skins are less skinny-dehydrated looking.

Perfect Pumpkin

Yorugami
J 4 C K
Yorugami
J 4 C K

I guess in a way if it were real-life and not items on an avatar site it would make more sense for one to have potions or "operations" to get body modifying items. XD But ouch...that would be hell on my Gaian wallet...
However...I guess with the Ringmaster legs or Kind of Campus legs...they could be excused as being "slimming" pants/jeans with shoes thrown in rather than actual body mods? 8D -hence an excuse out of the potions thing.
Of course there would be exceptions. There always is. Those face mods you mentioned; most of them could be written off as simply make-up or something.

But would it impact your wallet that much? If the mods were all separate single use items, they wouldn't be bundled with so many other poses, and their use would be specific. It's hard to say really, but I think prices would have evolved differently. In current times though, it'd never work XD

Ruthless Shapeshifter

J 4 C K
Yorugami
J 4 C K
Yorugami
J 4 C K

Of course there would be exceptions. There always is. Those face mods you mentioned; most of them could be written off as simply make-up or something.

But would it impact your wallet that much? If the mods were all separate single use items, they wouldn't be bundled with so many other poses, and their use would be specific. It's hard to say really, but I think prices would have evolved differently. In current times though, it'd never work XD

Some people, like me for example, tend to change avatars often. So...it would definitely break me hard. D: Although I wish they did indeed have permanent leg and hand mods. Like hand modification potions that allowed male bases to open their hands and female bases to have fist hands without wearing gloves. XD Now that I'd LOVE.

Perfect Pumpkin

Yorugami
J 4 C K
Yorugami
J 4 C K
Yorugami
J 4 C K

Some people, like me for example, tend to change avatars often. So...it would definitely break me hard. D: Although I wish they did indeed have permanent leg and hand mods. Like hand modification potions that allowed male bases to open their hands and female bases to have fist hands without wearing gloves. XD Now that I'd LOVE.
Well, if they were single use items, they'd have to be in the gold shop, to ensure you could get them at any time. Gold shop items tend to not be that expensive, really.

The last time there was a change to the actual base-base, they had to edit ever single item to accommodate. I can almost guarantee that fisty dream will stay a dream u.u

Ruthless Shapeshifter

User Image
J 4 C K
Well, if they were single use items, they'd have to be in the gold shop, to ensure you could get them at any time. Gold shop items tend to not be that expensive, really.

The last time there was a change to the actual base-base, they had to edit ever single item to accommodate. I can almost guarantee that fisty dream will stay a dream u.u

Aw man. You make my fisty dreams die so hard. D:

Hm. But maybe they can make them like Elven ears. XD Or of the fisty kind.

>>; Well with the Halloween Skins being all 20 Wing Stickers. I'm somewhat
afraid what Gaia would do with those single use potions.

Peaceful Lunatic

Yorugami

Changing hand poses would be great, although I'd rather deal with gloves than permanent (as I change my avi a lot too). I'd like it so that it didn't look like she was going to drop the stuff she's holding at her side, but if she's not holding stuff, the open pose looks nicer.

Ruthless Shapeshifter

Ysavvryl
Yorugami

Changing hand poses would be great, although I'd rather deal with gloves than permanent (as I change my avi a lot too). I'd like it so that it didn't look like she was going to drop the stuff she's holding at her side, but if she's not holding stuff, the open pose looks nicer.

Maybe Elven Ear style. XD There could be one for every skin type?

>>; Male clenched fists can be so annoying since without open gloves
sometimes the hands get buried under the longer sleeved items and it looks
like you have stumps instead of hands. /sigh

Perfect Pumpkin

Yorugami
User Image
J 4 C K

Aw man. You make my fisty dreams die so hard. D:

Hm. But maybe they can make them like Elven ears. XD Or of the fisty kind.

>>; Well with the Halloween Skins being all 20 Wing Stickers. I'm somewhat
afraid what Gaia would do with those single use potions.
Sorry. I hate killing fisty dreams. Everyone has their own fisty dream.

Like I said, it couldn't happen now, but if that's how it was from the start, then maybe.

Questionable Loverboy

Yorugami
Raba-san

I think there was an old thread about that.

Mostly people didn't really notice much difference. XD I've been using the old Dark Elf skin
since they came out and changed into the newer skins. Personally...since I barely
ever bare skin on my avatar...there isn't much of a change. >>;

Though the Vampiric skins are less skinny-dehydrated looking.

Yeah, they're definatly more built like they human skins. I noticed mostly on my other account, because I used to have the old vampire skin and then I got a mohawk. The head on the vampire skin is smaller so it caused the green slime thing to happen. So I changed my skin back to human for a while. Then I tried the new vamp skin and no green slime. Also no mandatory eyes and teeth either. I think this was gaias way of releasing a new skin for all the people who were bothered about those kind of things.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff