Total Votes:[ 132 ]
1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Demonic Abomination

40,775 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Battle: Level 10 250
User Image

The 1st Gaian Anniversary Ball took place on February 18 2004.
Next Month will mark 10 years for gaia, a full decade has passed since this site took off and our community has grown so much since then.

I personally am eager to see how gaia plans to celebrate this milestone and hope they
have great things in store for us in the future.

gaia_crown Do you think we will still have an Anniversary Ball?
(With the current story-line moving so slowly I doubt Gino would be home in time to host it at the Mansion.)

gaia_crown Anniversary Items. Think we’ll get something awesome this year?

gaia_crown What are you most looking forward to for gaia’s landmark year?

gaia_crown How would you thank the gaia staff for 10 wonderful years?
(credit to Magus for bringing this up)

Discuss!

Gino's grown up so much in the last 10 years!

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

gaia_gaiagold R.I.P Johnny K Gambino. gaia_gaiagold

Fixed the poll, more gold for you now emotion_awesome .

Seems we will be getting an event:

Tsukita-chan

Kenny already said we will get an event and free item's from it! 4laugh
Quote:
Next month we have Valentine's Day and Gaia's 10th Anniversary and yes, we're going to make it rain up in here. I'm talking the whole shebang, fun, excitement, nostalgia, and free stuff. Your head may very literally explode from all that we have planned. Stay tuned for actual details on this, but I'd advise you mark your calendars and stock up on essential goods since you won't want to leave your seat...

full journal entry here

Salty Pirate

46,975 Points
  • Grunnyland Dabbler 50
  • Grunnyland Collector 150
  • Grunnyland Expert 250
Huh, I can't get your spoiler button to do anything.

I never expect anything awesome on Gaia any more rofl But I'm nearing my own 10th anniversary, this June. Pretty bizarre to think about... I've been a Gaian for a third of my life.

Questionable Darling

i can't believe it's been so long; time just has a way of sneaking by, i guess. whee

june will be my tenth anniversary this year and it's a little mind-blowing to think it's been that long.

clarion's King

Super Model

Lazarus Larkin
Huh, I can't get your spoiler button to do anything.

The post style gets in the way. Click near the top right corner of the button.

Demonic Abomination

40,775 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Conventioneer 300

Hmm maybe the buttons broken? I'm fairly certain I have the code correct.

I hear ya, I've just past my 9th mark this December. Its quite the thought how the sites been with us so long. I joined in my teens so it feels as though I grew up with gaia in a way 3nodding

Demonic Abomination

40,775 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Conventioneer 300
Magus

The post style gets in the way. Click near the top right corner of the button.

Thanks Mags heart I've centered it now so that should fix it ^^
10 grand years. No matter how many years you been here each and every one of us has a valid point of experience. I just wanted to throw that out there before this becomes a thread of "I been here x years and know more than you."

Cheers to Gaia and here's to many more years. I hope this place continues to strive and provide us with the items and events we all enjoy.

*Raises up her glass*

Salty Pirate

46,975 Points
  • Grunnyland Dabbler 50
  • Grunnyland Collector 150
  • Grunnyland Expert 250
Aw man I still have my anniversary photo. Those were the good old days, when I was actually excited to hear from NPCs instead of wishing they'd just ditch the manga entirely and not bother any more, lol

Buggy Punk

Aha, jesus. I thought Johnny was holding Gino's severed head at first. That'd be a hell of a party favor.

I hope we get cake and some kind of halo. Maybe a pink and blue halo?

Demonic Abomination

40,775 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Conventioneer 300
Chuva De Estrelas
10 grand years. No matter how many years you been here each and every one of us has a valid point of experience. I just wanted to throw that out there before this becomes a thread of "I been here x years and know more than you."

For sure! Without new members gaia couldn't continue to grow. New users have a whole world to discover, and hopefully many more years to make their mark on the community.

Green Gaian

No telling what Gaia will throw at us. Explosions? Shocking twists? Diedrich? Diedrich exploding in a shocking twist? Whatever happens some will love it, some will hate it, but we'll all be back the next day.

Tipsy Warrior

14,900 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
WOWzers 10 years?

i feel so olld gonk

Buggy Mage

I really hope they make something that is appropriate for a 10th year anniversary. 3nodding

clarion's King

Super Model

You know what would keep it kind of exciting? If we got a free EI that contained a bunch of event items packed into one that evolved every day during the week of the anniversary. I mean, the stuff that we would already be getting—just in a different format so it's not so boring. Or an anniversary rig. Kind of like the 7th anniversary envelope, but random.

All I know is that I don't want to pay for anything, but I also don't want to just click a link and be handed something. Still needs to be exciting and fun.

Also been thinking what could be done as a thank-you to the staff, but so many of them lay low and stay hidden. So it's hard to think of something to do beyond making a simple SF thread.

Demonic Abomination

40,775 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Conventioneer 300
Magus
Also been thinking what could be done as a thank-you to the staff, but so many of them lay low and stay hidden. So it's hard to think of something to do beyond making a simple SF thread.

That's actually a really great point. I'm not even sure what the staff roster consists of anymore since so many of them have come and gone.
Too bad we couldn't hijack DJ Hellsing's monthly update video with a "thank you" one instead. I'm going to add that as a discussion point in the o.p.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff