Welcome to Gaia! ::

Omnipresent Spirit

I'm sure we have all noticed Gaia's Halloween themed items and recolor frenzy. We've seen this in previous years, but not to this extent. With Halloween just being the start of the holiday season, it makes me wonder how this will carry over to upcoming holidays.

gaia_spoons How do you feel about the influx of Halloween items and recolors?
gaia_spoons Do you think this will be a norm for upcoming holidays?
gaia_spoons If so, what holiday(s) are you looking forward to getting item/ recolor bombarded with?
gaia_spoons Which of your favorite items are you looking forward to seeing be given the holiday spirit?

Bashful Faun

15,190 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Tycoon 200
I don't mind that they get festive with their recolors but I do wish they weren't so dull about it. Apparently Halloween only means black, orange and similar.

If the trend keeps up I am already dreading February

Dangerous Darling

gaia_spoons How do you feel about the influx of Halloween items and recolors?
I like most of it! I do wish they'd try for more variation, but how much can you really expect from greedy marketers? ^^
gaia_spoons Do you think this will be a norm for upcoming holidays? Undoubtedly.
gaia_spoons If so, what holiday(s) are you looking forward to getting item/ recolor bombarded with? Christmas! We'll actually get green! and a red that's not linked to blood or demons etc.
gaia_spoons Which of your favorite items are you looking forward to seeing be given the holiday spirit? Ermm. I haven't thought about that at all. o.0

Flint Jakobs's Compadre

Feral Faun

Meh, marketing in color schemes based on holidays has always been a huge hit or miss for me:

Case in point:

-if it's not ridiculously girly, the shades generally do not look good on the d-tone
-black comes in 348534905 different shades on Gaia, and 99% of them look like a dark gray on this base

I would look more forward to Christmas stuff if it meant more silvers and rich greens but that's nearly never the case, instead it's mostly 2934345034 gold items + some red or weird green or that stupid off color pale blue

I just keep horrendously low expectations at this point. Saves my wallet. cool

Golden Fairy

11,350 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
AtrosM
I don't mind that they get festive with their recolors but I do wish they weren't so dull about it. Apparently Halloween only means black, orange and similar.

If the trend keeps up I am already dreading February
I think its about time i cant wait for christmas. going to be tons of new red/white colors!!!

Victim

honestly catch meow already kind of struck me as a thanksgiving/christmas item
if we get more like that i wouldn't mind

Demonic Abomination

40,775 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Battle: Level 10 250

There were some requests for more Orange items in general and Halloween is the perfect time to do it so I don't mind. Theres been some cute items too, I'm just lack the gold/cash to worry about them.

Magical Phantom

i LOVE all the halloween items/recolors!!! no such thing as to many in my book! mrgreen
and i would love every holiday getting the same item storm! the more selection the better.
and im not one of those people that gets mad just because i cant buy everything... and demand gaia only make new items/recolors when i can afford them. lots of items every day is great emotion_yatta

Destitute Bibliophile

I, for one, really like a lot of these recolors. There wasn't really any orange items that worked for Halloween in my book besides some of the Jack items together. Now, there's items in orange that really don't have to be linked to Halloween to use.

Wish I could afford them. Stupid car payments.

Now, for Christmas, as long as the green isn't more bright garish green that matches nothing but other Christmas items, I'll be super happy. Dark green in particular. Forest green to be precise. I would love me some of that. emotion_drool

Mega Bit

i'm dreading a bright red/bright green combo in the x-mas time. Hope they don't go too nuts with it.

I'm fine with all the orange items, because we practically never get them otherwise. If they finally sit up and pay attention, then great. I do wish they'd pair orange with something other than brown/black though, i'd be more likely to actually want the item then.

Questionable Warlord

The Halloween items are all really nice, especially when they aren't just orange but contain Halloween motives like pumpkins. The witch items are great and I wish we could have seen more zombified items like the tiger pet. Of course more bloody items or bloody versions of old items.

People were asking for more colors and I think it's okay to shower us with orange pixels because this is the best time for it. Christmas will be dominated by white and red items then?
Nevertheless, it would have been nice to see other colors as well. There were a couple of green recolors as far as I know. Tons of witches and bats...for the girls.

Overall, it's nice. I associate orange with Halloween so it gets me in the mood.

A Snack

I wish gaia would use neon/toxic green and purple, for their halloweeny recolours
since orange & black aren't the only halloween colours
despite what gaia seems to think.

It'll probably be the norm but I can't say I can complain much
since most of it will probably be for humans anyway.

Unholy Spark

42,875 Points
  • Haunting Echo 75
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Wintersday Bard 50
We have enough orange, neon green, and brown for years to come.

Though I'm ok with it since those colors are pretty nice and don't get love any other time of the year. Plus Halloween is my favorite holiday. Christmas is probably going to get really forest green, which is also good. emotion_dowant

The only holiday where I'll probably run for the hills is Easter. It will be a pastel nightmare.

Omnipresent Spirit

Slick Southpaw
Meh, marketing in color schemes based on holidays has always been a huge hit or miss for me:

Case in point:

-if it's not ridiculously girly, the shades generally do not look good on the d-tone
-black comes in 348534905 different shades on Gaia, and 99% of them look like a dark gray on this base

I would look more forward to Christmas stuff if it meant more silvers and rich greens but that's nearly never the case, instead it's mostly 2934345034 gold items + some red or weird green or that stupid off color pale blue

I just keep horrendously low expectations at this point. Saves my wallet. cool

Yeah, Christmas has potential for some nice recolors, but like you said, I doubt it'll happen. I'm hoping for some more rich fall colors in November, especially olive, burgundy, earth brown, mustard, etc. Mostly because October is usually dominated by Halloween colors, December is basically Christmas, that just leaves us with November for nice autumn tones. sweatdrop

Omnipresent Spirit

BIacksmith
The Halloween items are all really nice, especially when they aren't just orange but contain Halloween motives like pumpkins. The witch items are great and I wish we could have seen more zombified items like the tiger pet. Of course more bloody items or bloody versions of old items.

People were asking for more colors and I think it's okay to shower us with orange pixels because this is the best time for it. Christmas will be dominated by white and red items then?
Nevertheless, it would have been nice to see other colors as well. There were a couple of green recolors as far as I know. Tons of witches and bats...for the girls.

Overall, it's nice. I associate orange with Halloween so it gets me in the mood.

Yeah, I do like that not everything they're doing is orange/ brown. My favorite thing is seeing how creative they get making holiday themed sets. I was so happy seeing the adorable additions to the gold shops yesterday evening.

I'm just hoping that Christmas isn't just a gaudy color parade and we get greens and red in dark rich tones.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff