Welcome to Gaia! ::

ok so in a recent reply I made I realized that the newbie might not know what the "chatterbox" was so I refered to it as "the forum called the chatterbox" to better help.

so do you think there are any other gaia lingo words that we are using and don't realize it?

discuss:

gaia jargon words (words developed by people on gaia about gaia that outsiders wouldn't understand)
involentary use of gaia lingo
newbies posting in the wrong forum
this guy ----> idea (who uses him?)

Ice Heart's Queen

I think the Hitch Hikers Guide to Gaia thread already has an extensive list of jargon.
http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7349085
3nodding
One might not understand the difference between "n00b" and "newb" gonk

Dapper Gatekeeper

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Bookworm 100
I think you could have just said "the chatterbox forum" XD. Other than that, yes I think there's alot of jargon that is specific to gaia, and others that is even more specific to a paticular forum, that even people outside that forum wouldn't know what the posters were talking about.
Dorg Endo
I think the Hitch Hikers Guide to Gaia thread already has an extensive list of jargon.
http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7349085
3nodding

yah but it also has things outside of gaia and usernames and other crap.

Dapper Gatekeeper

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Bookworm 100
Marvin_Depressed

I think that's used all over the web though. If it's not used all over the web, it is definatly used in mmorpgs frequently.
Aigon
Marvin_Depressed

I think that's used all over the web though. If it's not used all over the web, it is definatly used in mmorpgs frequently.

I'm going to trust you on that.
I use him...like this

idea
rolleyes

and probably newbs dont know who/what Gambino and Vonhelson are or maybe the admins/mods etc.

[Kold]'s Husbando

Questionable Receiver

12,175 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Married 100
  • Cool Cat 500
There are some who don't know what "sig" means or even what a signature is. sweatdrop

Dapper Gatekeeper

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Bookworm 100
Shady Tradesman
Aigon
Marvin_Depressed

I'm going to trust you on that.

You should. *plays many mmorpgs...
Jiro-san
I use him...like this

idea
rolleyes

and probably newbs dont know who/what Gambino and Vonhelson are or maybe the admins/mods etc.

well that's cool

admins and mods are in forums across the internet. perhaps if this was people's first forum....
I have heard several new people ask what threads are. gonk
Marvin_Depressed

you really arn't that old of a member. I haven't had anyone ask me.... so that's strange. mrgreen
Sig, siggy. >.> Ava, avi, avvi, avvy, avie, avvie. Downgrading. Emoticon Rape. Quote Towers (which should be gone! D=). And I don't think I've seen the word 'bump' so many times since the first RS forum. o.O;;

But I use alot of lingo from other forums, and I think it confuses people. Like I'll still say 'logged' when someone logs out or when I'm randomly logged... out. ._.;; And I'll use the term H-Scroll sometimes, meaning the horizontal bar which only shows up when the page is stretched.

Dapper Gatekeeper

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Bookworm 100
Marvin_Depressed

That's not a term that is unique to gaia though, that's something that is used in most ,if not all, forums.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff