Welcome to Gaia! ::

OG Noob

ROMVLVS
During 'prime time' the time that most Americans are relaxing, in the past one ofthe more active periods on Gaia, for close to 10 minutes this thread got 0 replies and yet only 4 threads are higher than it in the GCD.

I can only extrapolate this as proof that the lack of users has led to the cost cutting profit increasing nature of Gaia's death.

How long do you think it will take before Gaia's servers are sold to some Chinese WoW knock-off?

What the hell are you going on about? Go in the GD. That place is crazy fast with replies and there are a lot of users who post there. People don't go in the GCD as much because it's generally a boring forum to begin with.

Elocutionist

9,200 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Gaian 50
Attrinity
ROMVLVS
During 'prime time' the time that most Americans are relaxing, in the past one ofthe more active periods on Gaia, for close to 10 minutes this thread got 0 replies and yet only 4 threads are higher than it in the GCD.

I can only extrapolate this as proof that the lack of users has led to the cost cutting profit increasing nature of Gaia's death.

How long do you think it will take before Gaia's servers are sold to some Chinese WoW knock-off?

What the hell are you going on about? Go in the GD. That place is crazy fast with replies and there are a lot of users who post there. People don't go in the GCD as much because it's generally a boring forum to begin with.

It's not nearly as active as it once was, and honestly the GCD probably used to be as active as the GD is now.

Kain-Senpai
Plus, didn't Sisky put that rumor to rest?

She did:

siskataya
Regarding the notion that this sale indicates that Gaia is going to close:
As far as I am aware, this is not the case! We're doing ok, and shall continue rolling along in our fabulous way. Is this a tough economy for all businesses? Yes, it is, and Gaia feels the effects of that economic downturn like any other company. That said, feeling effects does NOT equal going down the toilet. So, unless I am completely blindsided by something myself, I'd like this rumor to be put to rest. I feel that Gaia has a bright future, and will continue to be an amazing place for all of us.

Well, I think that about covers it! Thanks for taking the time to read this post. If I've missed anything, please feel free to post in this thread with your questions, comments, and feedback. I'd love to get a dialogue going!

Not to seem overly dramatic, but Enron's CEO said that his business was having record profits up until the point where it tanked.

Sentai

19,375 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Battle: KO 200
  • Cool Cat 500
if you believe that gaia is dying because it doesnt make a profit then that has been the case since day one. this site has always been in the red.

Mysterious Trickster

ROMVLVS
Attrinity
ROMVLVS

It's not nearly as active as it once was, and honestly the GCD probably used to be as active as the GD is now.

Kain-Senpai
Plus, didn't Sisky put that rumor to rest?

She did:

siskataya
Regarding the notion that this sale indicates that Gaia is going to close:
As far as I am aware, this is not the case! We're doing ok, and shall continue rolling along in our fabulous way. Is this a tough economy for all businesses? Yes, it is, and Gaia feels the effects of that economic downturn like any other company. That said, feeling effects does NOT equal going down the toilet. So, unless I am completely blindsided by something myself, I'd like this rumor to be put to rest. I feel that Gaia has a bright future, and will continue to be an amazing place for all of us.

Well, I think that about covers it! Thanks for taking the time to read this post. If I've missed anything, please feel free to post in this thread with your questions, comments, and feedback. I'd love to get a dialogue going!

Not to seem overly dramatic, but Enron's CEO said that his business was having record profits up until the point where it tanked.

People learn from the mistakes of the past, lest they want to repeat history.

Shaggy Grabber

ROMVLVS

Wait what? Enron went down because of rampant fraud.

Fluff Powerhouse

16,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Jack-pot 100
ROMVLVS
Attrinity
ROMVLVS

And GD used to be active as the Chatterbox too.
My praying mantises tend to have under a year to live. If I was constantly worrying about them dieing I wouldn't have much fun with them. I treat Gaia the same way.

Dapper Darling

ROMVLVS
Gaia jumped the shark. You ******** watched it.
      qft

I'm not sure why everyone seems so resistant to the idea that Gaia's lights could easily go out.

Welcome back Rom :c

Attrinity
      GD is significantly slower as well, used to be difficult to make the front page of any thread.
Urgh I don't want gaia to die, but all the signs are there. Let's hope for a miracle.

In a relationship with Magica

Shirtless Fatcat

I don't understand why people are so high on denial they can't see whats right in front of them.

Look how few users are online.
"But thats because they got rid of all the bots"

I used to frequent GCD around 07-09.
Threads would either be posted in or fall off the front page within 15 minutes in prime time, and 30 - 60 minutes at 2am (the time that I'm posting this).
Right now, the bottom thread of page one is timestamped 5:30pm. Over 8 hours ago. What more proof do you need than that?

Sarothril's Bae

Feline Shapeshifter

13,350 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Battle: Rogue 100
I agree with you fully, I kinda love how when people on Gaia don't like hearing something they just rate it as bad and throw a fit how things are actually doing fine.

IRL Glitch

24,725 Points
  • Olympian 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100
          From where I stand Gaia's users seem more inflexible than the website. The internet is a constant stream of change and interests. The staff has sincerely attempted to keep up with what is hip; Facebook games were a focus for a while because they believed it would interest users and draw in more money. While it wasn't an extremely successful endeavor it was still an attempt to adapt to current entertainment rather than doing the same things as before that nostalgia lovers tend to dote on and exemplify as reasons the site is in a decline. While there are less users, the focus on cash shops has been effective in catching more users' interests in donating in spite of nay sayers. It's disheartening to see so many people feel as if the site is decline. Even if it may be so, it always seems to boil down to the users longing for the old ways which tend to be less efficient and secure, while "money-grabbing" (servers and developers aren't cheap, people, not even mentioning the remainder of staff and developments) tactics seem to be a main complaint.

Moonlight Sweetheart

52,925 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Coloring Champion 0
  • Snowball Sharpshooter 50
If you know there are other threads, that makes this thread essentially spam. Breaking the rules for putting more than one topic of the same subject in the forum.

Kawaii Lunatic

I still don't believe Gaia is in any way dying.
They're a company, they have to do everything in their power to make money of they'll go under. I have no problem with that.
It's not like you have to use the cash features.
Also, websites change. They have to. I may not necessarily agree with all the changes, but I accept them. And I simply stay away from features I don't want, like Towns 2.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff