Welcome to Gaia! ::

I went to the Gaia Panel at Anime Boston, and some of the things that are going to be coming around soon are very VERY interesting. To say the least. 3nodding

7,800 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • First step to fame 200
  • Citizen 200
Morwen Laicoriel
True, it probably won't be like Neopets.

Maybe it would involve the minigames somehow. Or battling.
"Slay lanzer in the battledome and get a halo!"

Ice Heart's Queen

I hope that the Quest system would incoporate the forums. Such as you have to make 100 posts, 20 in 5 different forums and those posts cannot be reported as spam/flame/innopropiate in any way or you have to start over. Then you would gain a step in the quest and have to accomplish a different task such as viewing 10 people Gaia Homes who aren't on your friendlist. Talking to the NPCs could also be part of the quest system, like solving an arguement between Ian and Sasha where you have to wait a period of time between talking to them.

I was just trying to think of time consuming things...possible but requires patience. Afterall the admins do want some things to be more effort then others for fun 3nodding
LiL Miss Tank
I went to the Gaia Panel at Anime Boston, and some of the things that are going to be coming around soon are very VERY interesting. To say the least. 3nodding

**pokes**

And?

(note: this is your que to then tell us what they said)
Dorg Endo
I hope that the Quest system would incoporate the forums. Such as you have to make 100 posts, 20 in 5 different forums and those posts cannot be reported as spam/flame/innopropiate in any way or you have to start over. Then you would gain a step in the quest and have to accomplish a different task such as viewing 10 people Gaia Homes who aren't on your friendlist. Talking to the NPCs could also be part of the quest system, like solving an arguement between Ian and Sasha where you have to wait a period of time between talking to them.

I was just trying to think of time consuming things...possible but requires patience. Afterall the admins do want some things to be more effort then others for fun 3nodding

Those are some AWESOME ideas. ^_^

I wonder if any quest could somehow use your avatar?

Ice Heart's Queen

Morwen Laicoriel
Dorg Endo

xd Like go naked for a week? ...ohhh that would be mean I'd go crazy!

7,800 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • First step to fame 200
  • Citizen 200
Dorg Endo
Morwen Laicoriel
Dorg Endo

xd Like go naked for a week? ...ohhh that would be mean I'd go crazy!
How about: "wear flaming pants for one week"
Wow, I whole week? XDXD I wonder if I could hold out that long? I mean, I change my outfit generally like...twice a day.
PyroGriffin
LiL Miss Tank

**pokes**

And?

xd Just making sure I had someones attention... Well I heard nothing of a Questing system, but there is going to be a suitcase in which you can dump you're items (bottomless), Also there is going to be a new thing coming out which allows you're avatar to walk around the maps, and chat with people... I can't really think of what else there was, Ohh yeah the house updates (yards mostly)... smile

Ice Heart's Queen

Morwen Laicoriel
Wow, I whole week? XDXD I wonder if I could hold out that long? I mean, I change my outfit generally like...twice a day.
Twice? Thats a normal number I think. I bet if you average all my changes it would be 2 or 3 times a day. But I do change 10 or more times in a row then I stick to that outfit that made me happy for a lil while. (usually two days XD )

I still hope that Quests will be more then convential mini games. B/c I'd love to solve NPC conflicts, and do thing which are more then just the same action over and over. Fishing for instance is basically the same action over and over, cast, reel in, try to keep fish between the lines. Alternative things with possible story I think would be fun.
Ohhh yes and they also hinted (if not told us straight out) that Gambino is actually living! wink

Edit: They also said possibly a comeback of the G-corp, that means theres going to be a chance to be a zombie again! Not to mention, after I asked them the said they might bring back chances to become invisibobs!

Ice-Cold Girl

It'd be cool if the quest system tied in with battles later on. Seeing as the admins have already gotten some neat item ideas from Ragnarok Online, I wouldn't mind them using the quest sytem from there either, bwahaha. My one complaint with iRO is that the drop rates for items from monsters is so low, so it takes forever to finish certain quests.

It certainly isn't impossible, but it's very time consuming. But I guess that's the point. The people with the rare items are the ones who stayed committed to the task. Either that or you can fork over a mountain of zeny. I got the craziest offers from strangers sometimes... I guess I know how Gaian Oldbies feel when they get pestered about their old donation items sweatdrop

The other things people have mentioned sound pretty cool too. Cause item collecting quests get excrutiatingly boring after awhile. And Gaia isn't really focused so much on games anyways, but rather the avatars and the community.
I like the idea of quests being getting a certain amount of an item from a minigame.

I was thinking about the "mining" minigame rumour a few months back.

"Find X amount of gold."

Another thing I was thinking is if it is released along with the battle system we would have RPG style quests. "Go to Y and get me P."

If the battle system had the options for "Partying" It would make it cool for people to help nOObs complete quests.
hahahah quests are to get items when its like halloween when you had to do stuff for jack and stuff

800 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
LiL Miss Tank
PyroGriffin
LiL Miss Tank

**pokes**

And?

xd Just making sure I had someones attention... Well I heard nothing of a Questing system, but there is going to be a suitcase in which you can dump you're items (bottomless), Also there is going to be a new thing coming out which allows you're avatar to walk around the maps, and chat with people... I can't really think of what else there was, Ohh yeah the house updates (yards mostly)... smile

eek that's the awesomement (oui, french on my mind xp ) thing I had ever heard! eek I always wanted to have us walk around on the maps.. That'll be hard though, wouldn't it? o0.

For the quests, I think it has to do with defending the city or something npc related. I like the idea of talking back and forth between store keepers to find out information or help out a problem 3nodding

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff