Welcome to Gaia! ::

Lady Pants

I can usually recognize almost everything. There are a few times I have forgotten a pose in something and will have to ask, especially if it's something I wouldn't really use myself like punk inspired or animal parts.

As far as full on making a copy, nope, not me. I will mark down clever pairings I have seen others use and maybe try them myself someday or become inspired by the colors in someone else's avatar.

Buggy Mage

Serethielle
I used to make that a little game for myself.
But then I'd just be on my merry way; I have a life, you know.

But how does knowing the items qualify as not having a life?
I actually have mine available for this brief time.
I noticed these really nice green eyes on someone's avatar the other day. It really stumped me. I'm almost positive they were Petit Cherie. The one's I saw were rounded similarly but darker green.

Lionheart

Fire 0ak
Serethielle
I used to make that a little game for myself.
But then I'd just be on my merry way; I have a life, you know.

But how does knowing the items qualify as not having a life?
I actually have mine available for this brief time.
I noticed these really nice green eyes on someone's avatar the other day. It really stumped me. I'm almost positive they were Petit Cherie. The one's I saw were rounded similarly but darker green.
But I don't sit there and identify every single item on a cluttered avatar. I mean, even moles/makeup have separate items.

Thieving Lunatic

I'm familiar with most items, but there's a few poses and such that still stump me. That's where the equipped item list comes in, or failing that, asking the person. I tend to be pretty on top of things, though--haven't had to ask in a while.

Fashionable Nerd

I actually can't anymore. Mainly because if I think an item sucks as a standalone
    I won't know the name because I don't care for it. But to see people make
    it look good.. that's when I actually become interested in the item. But I still
    won't know the name. XD

Even so.. I sometimes don't know the full names of things I own.
    Like the giant black horns from St. Paddy's Day.. I don't remember the
    name at all. I think on tektek I'd just put in a part of the word and the item
    shows up. That's what I do for most things.. remember part of the name
    and just use that. I'm a cheat that way. xd

Sometimes it's inevitable that avatars end up looking similar to others.
    Especially if there are mods on it and there's only so many things
    you can do with it.. I would never outright just take someone's avatar
    though. At least not to my knowledge. I bet we've all made avatars
    someone else has made at one point. It's kind of like having an idea.
    You have an idea but the same idea was probably thought of by tons
    of people over the centuries. xP

Lonely Lover

I'm usually too noobish or busy with school to be in the know of nicer items. If an equipped list is not disclosed, I will not ask. I might want to take a look at how versatile an item is, for future reference, but I don't copy the avatar, because some people have tried to copy mine; it's disheartening.

Revered Plague

35,450 Points
  • Abomination 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Not anymore ever since I started spending less time on Gaia. A couple of months ago I can name most of the items but I'm too busy now to look at lists and all the new items.

Magnetic Lunatic

Since a lot of people use the newest items for avis, it's pretty easy. I don't think much of it. I definitely have no interest in copying anyone.

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
back when I exchanged I could, basially up until 2007 maybe 2008.

Since then I kinda stopped following every item. And now there are tonnes that I wouldnt have the slightest idea about. There are now many items I stumble across in MP looking for the finishing touch to a avi, which apparently have been around for years that I never knew about

*shrugs*

Dapper Genius

7,800 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Brandisher 100
  • Loiterer 100
I used to be able to, but then I ******** off for a few months and lost my talents. 8<

This must be how the Invisible Woman must feel when she walks under a falling sack of flour.

Magical Girl

26,725 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Invisibility 100
Not anymore. Too many RIGs and I don't keep up with lists of what's in them.

If I don't know what an item is and their equipped list is hidden, I just wait until I find someone who has their equipped list visible.

Lavish Lunatic

Lets just say that if someone is wearing an item that I do NOT recognise, then I get curious. xd
Because really, I used to know all items + names by heart, nowadays, I usually recognise the item and I can probably tell you if it's GS, CS or RIG or other (event etc.) and from what period (how long ago it was first released), but names is getting rusty.
rofl

Thank goodness.

Illuminated Star

19,900 Points
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Senpai's Notice 100
User Image I love marveling at the creativity of avatars around here but not to the point of finding out the equip list in detail. I'm too lazy for that.

Over the years I've been here, I prefer to rake up my own look and try my best to look unique even if I'm going for demotic aka common color themes xP

I have my equip list hidden though, so as to conceal the mysteries within. Haha. In other words, I do not wish to see a duplicate of myself running around =P User Image

Godlike Ghost

gaia_crown
I can recognize most items on people, even people with layered/cluttered avatars...
but then there are also items where yeah, I *recognize* them, but I can't remember the name.
like the one time I was in tektek and was looking for the white leg-mod like Heart x Mind except standing still, and it took me forever then I remembered it was Faded Revenant lol
but that's mostly just me being forgetful

I also don't remember a lot of the generic pink/mint/cream items that come out with nearly every RIG and are always 2-3mil, because I tend not to use those color schemes and I'll never have any of them anyway...

Seriously though, if I don't know an item someone's wearing, I'll look at the equip list. if that is disabled, I check tektek. If I can't find it in tektek, I'll either give up or ask. I've never had anyone not answer if I asked, but if they did, I really wouldn't care. You can always ask Q&A.

Salty Rogue

I used to be able to do that. Now I can only give a decent idea of where said items came from, or a keyword in the name, or just how to find it on tektek D;

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff