Welcome to Gaia! ::

Green Fairy

27,450 Points
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
I've been enjoying the caches - almost free leveling up in Alchemy. Once I even pulled out a pack of 1000. biggrin

I posted the other day about how I got a Bento Bunny, and since I collect bunny items, that made me really happy! Same with the Usamimi I got last night - I'd been meaning to fuse one of those at some point, now I can save a few charms.

Which are another thing I've gotten out of there on occasion - heart charms only, but that's fine by me.

My green fairy wings were a DD catch also, and I would have sent that person a thank-you note, except they were anonymous...

Festive Investigator

Today I got a Fremere's Guard 8th Gen, wrote them a thank you.

Valiant Jackling

yamiangie
Today I got a Fremere's Guard 8th Gen, wrote them a thank you.

I've always enjoyed that item. Love the glowing eyes pose!

Unholy Saint

29,690 Points
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • Healer 50
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
After reading this thread i got this song stuck on my head whenever going to the dumpster:

I got some bundles from loyal's project (rigs are my soft spot)

Familiar Noob

8,250 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Tipsy 100
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
I received 2 Caches in a row, not that I am complaining though!

Is there a reason why there are so many in the dumpster dive?

Valiant Jackling

Nostalgic Mitten

Ever since Gaia made bundles of caches available in BiFront (1k and 500 packs) people have been buying them, unpacking the bundles and donating the individual units to DD in mass. There are some users who buy a couple 1k bundles a day and donate them.

Familiar Noob

8,250 Points
  • Tipsy 100
Erailea
Nostalgic Mitten

Ever since Gaia made bundles of caches available in BiFront (1k and 500 packs) people have been buying them, unpacking the bundles and donating the individual units to DD in mass. There are some users who buy a couple 1k bundles a day and donate them.

Ah, that makes sense, any reason for all the donations? To help people out? or to troll the masses?

Valiant Jackling

Nostalgic Mitten
Erailea
Nostalgic Mitten

Ah, that makes sense, any reason for all the donations? To help people out? or to troll the masses?

A bit of both, really. It was started by a small handful of wealthy users who wanted to help people get a head start on Alchemy, as the feature was SUPER expensive to participate in (the cache's cost 50k each to give you an idea, and most recipes require at least 10 ingredients (most even more than that) from specific color caches, which are granted at random from the Philosopher's Cache).

But as it's popularity grew, so did the number of people who disliked this happening on a regular basis. And as they complained there were user who started dumping in cache's just out of spite to those who complained about it.

There are still users who do it with pure intentions though, and the majority of users seem to enjoy it - whether because they participate in alchemy, want a shot at the rare drop heart charms in the Philosopher's Cache or simply want to sell the components held within them for some easy made gold.

Familiar Noob

8,250 Points
  • Tipsy 100
Erailea
Nostalgic Mitten
Erailea
Nostalgic Mitten

A bit of both, really. It was started by a small handful of wealthy users who wanted to help people get a head start on Alchemy, as the feature was SUPER expensive to participate in (the cache's cost 50k each to give you an idea, and most recipes require at least 10 ingredients (most even more than that) from specific color caches, which are granted at random from the Philosopher's Cache).

But as it's popularity grew, so did the number of people who disliked this happening on a regular basis. And as they complained there were user who started dumping in cache's just out of spite to those who complained about it.

There are still users who do it with pure intentions though, and the majority of users seem to enjoy it - whether because they participate in alchemy, want a shot at the rare drop heart charms in the Philosopher's Cache or simply want to sell the components held within them for some easy made gold.

That is pretty awesome, I love that people did in spite as well as pure intentions.

Cheers for updating me on this, it actually made me go and craft a formula. Got me a 10 pound guppy, cuz.. dat face.

Buggy Punk

I got an Animal item I think yesterday from a user whose name I can't recall. :_; It's super cute though and I was psyched when I realized what it was. It has a fur!

[Animal] Rumble Hero, so if anyone donated one recently, thank you!

Valiant Jackling

Nostalgic Mitten

That is pretty awesome, I love that people did in spite as well as pure intentions.

Cheers for updating me on this, it actually made me go and craft a formula. Got me a 10 pound guppy, cuz.. dat face.

No problem xD

Alchemy can be a decent way to make gold, too. Your odds of crafting things 1 level below you are waaaay better than crafting at your current level, though (you get less EXP, but you save more money). Just a warning. Level 1 is easy just because it's the starter level, but one you get to level 2 you might find those lvl 2 recipes failing more than succeeding. So if you want to level up, use the free cache's to make things 1 level below what you are and then sell them in the MP.

General rule of thumb:

- recipes requiring only cache based components have low rates of success (you could try 30 times and fail if you are doing recipes at your current level, but those one level below you tend to succeed in 1-3 tries)

- recipes using actual items (along with cache component) have high rates of success and tend to succeed in 1-3 tries, even if they are at your current level.

The issue with recipes using items is they tend to be ridiculously expensive because the required items were from limited time RIGs. So if you want to do those sort of recipes and not use butt loads of gold, look for the recipes that use gold shop items. There aren't many, but there are a few (the Meat Club, for instance, for lvl 4 alchemists).

Otherwise stick to the cache component only recipes and do the ones that are one level below you.

Alchemy Guide

Skylex Nevaeh's Husband

Shirtless Demon

17,050 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Caches, caches, more caches. I don't really need them anymore since I am level 10 now so... I either just trash them or sell them back if I am not lazy. Haven't gotten an item since people flooded the DD with cache.

Trash Witch

I pretty much only get caches now but hey, free chances at heart charms.
Before, back in the days of 100 pack item gens, I'd pull a lot of good stuff

full list of half decent - GREAT A+ things pulled from DD.

Fairies Abode
Lulling Lucie
Tender Loving Manner
Donna del Carnevale
Dark Sweeping Princely Hair
Sugary Sweets x 1 - Opened, got Faustine's Bottle
Shop Class Savant
Hatofowl
Norman
Astra-127: Grey Blinking Purity Eyes
Cherry Blossom
Azrael's Shadowgear
SDPlus #259 Johnny Holmes
Arctic Crest
REMemories
Luck's On My Side
Masquerade 10th Gen.
Swanky Gent
Charming Majokko Dorobo
Astra-117: Sparkling Night
Hollywood Dream
White Heavenly Unmentionables
Trickster's Stratagem
Inverse Russian
Josie's Journey 2nd Gen.
Lunar Countess
Nymph Adora

Fashionable Guildswoman

25,825 Points
  • Married 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Brilliant Light 450
Just pulled out a Smouldering Helm.
NIFTY!

I'll take that over these caches any day!

Aged Noob

9,150 Points
  • Beta Consumer 0
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Beta Contributor 0
So far, I got a silver faerie wing (astro)(i dont know what astro is for huehuehue) and a brown bun bun plushie ( I can't remember the exact name of the item). I hope someone dumps a kiki kitty plushie and find its way to me MUAHAHAHAH!!!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff