Welcome to Gaia! ::

Rare

Jealous Prince
Sir Black Tea
Jealous Prince
Beast ******** no

I'm tempted to block everyone in this thread for suggesting it.[/quote]How dare people enjoy the same thing as many other people. How dare they. [/size:ejrpab
ejrpabzo:3="Beast ******** no

I'm tempted to block everyone in this thread for suggesting it.[/quote][size=11][color=#666666]How dare people enjoy the same thing as many other people. How dare they. [/color]

I'm only laughing because I can't comprehend how this meme could be seen as enjoyable.

Seriously, all memes are awful, but this one wasn't even ORIGINALLY clever or funny. I'm trying to block it on all the websites I go on.
It's just a really sarcastic looking dog with ridiculous things a dog would probably not actually think.
Why do you or anyone else for that matter even care and let their feathers get ruffled over something if lots of people like it, how does seeing it effect you past scrolling a little further or overlooking it on to the next thing?

Is it really that hard to comprehend how other people with different tastes and thoughts and general world views about things can enjoy something you as an individual with similar complexity can't?

I can understand how seeing a similar thing frequently can be tiring but the internet is like a public mindspace and you share it with many people so you are going to see many interests, and repeated trends that you might not particularly like, and the sooner you understand that peoples interests have nothing to do with you or what you like/dislike, and don't really effect you or what you like if you don't want it to, the happier your internet experience will be. There's no point in getting mad at people for liking something. (like the person I responded to seems to be)

I'm not even the biggest fan of the Shibe meme either I just happen to be really interested in that breed of dog, and I was long before the Shibe meme (it's not even shibe it's Shiba), but If people are genuinely enjoying something and it makes them laugh or smile anyone who calls them stupid and act like elitists over their sense of humor should be rightly told to ******** off with their negative ******** opinions and bullshit attitude towards others about it.

Is it so hard to comprehend that because I don't enjoy I would not like to see it?

I literally have no idea why you're lecturing me-- I'm not on some crusade to hate all people who like a stupid meme. I also never directly spread hatred towards anything except the meme. I also never called anyone stupid or acted elitist at all. It seems like you are paranoid of others who don't enjoy what you enjoy if you're getting so angry over my not liking something. Why is that? I'm genuinely curious what sort of egregious error I made yo incite your unneeded rage.

By the way, I'll be as negative as I want and take whatever attitude I want. Your attempt to police how I feel is frankly a negative ******** opinion and bullshit attitude.

cxnceited's Senpai

Omnipresent Spirit

17,900 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Cheercrusher 50
AliceLoathesWonderland
NO ******** NO.
It is the most retarded meme ever.
I am sick and tired of it.

This.

Party Partier

Sir Black Tea
Jealous Prince
Sir Black Tea
Jealous Prince
Beast ******** no

I'm tempted to block everyone in this thread for suggesting it.[/quote]How dare people enjoy the same thing as many other people. How dare they. [/size:ejrpab
ejrpabzo:4="Beast ******** no

I'm tempted to block everyone in this thread for suggesting it.[/quote][size=11][color=#666666]How dare people enjoy the same thing as many other people. How dare they. [/color]

I'm only laughing because I can't comprehend how this meme could be seen as enjoyable.

Seriously, all memes are awful, but this one wasn't even ORIGINALLY clever or funny. I'm trying to block it on all the websites I go on.
It's just a really sarcastic looking dog with ridiculous things a dog would probably not actually think.
Why do you or anyone else for that matter even care and let their feathers get ruffled over something if lots of people like it, how does seeing it effect you past scrolling a little further or overlooking it on to the next thing?

Is it really that hard to comprehend how other people with different tastes and thoughts and general world views about things can enjoy something you as an individual with similar complexity can't?

I can understand how seeing a similar thing frequently can be tiring but the internet is like a public mindspace and you share it with many people so you are going to see many interests, and repeated trends that you might not particularly like, and the sooner you understand that peoples interests have nothing to do with you or what you like/dislike, and don't really effect you or what you like if you don't want it to, the happier your internet experience will be. There's no point in getting mad at people for liking something. (like the person I responded to seems to be)

I'm not even the biggest fan of the Shibe meme either I just happen to be really interested in that breed of dog, and I was long before the Shibe meme (it's not even shibe it's Shiba), but If people are genuinely enjoying something and it makes them laugh or smile anyone who calls them stupid and act like elitists over their sense of humor should be rightly told to ******** off with their negative ******** opinions and bullshit attitude towards others about it.

Is it so hard to comprehend that because I don't enjoy I would not like to see it?

I literally have no idea why you're lecturing me-- I'm not on some crusade to hate all people who like a stupid meme. I also never directly spread hatred towards anything except the meme. I also never called anyone stupid or acted elitist at all. It seems like you are paranoid of others who don't enjoy what you enjoy if you're getting so angry over my not liking something. Why is that? I'm genuinely curious what sort of egregious error I made yo incite your unneeded rage.

By the way, I'll be as negative as I want and take whatever attitude I want. Your attempt to police how I feel is frankly a negative ******** opinion and bullshit attitude.

You are making quite a few assumptions about me there. I kindly request you not make anymore of them.

I wasn't lecturing you or attacking you but I can see how my response can be taken that way because I can be pretty heated with my thoughts over things that irritate me I'm sorry that it seems that way, it was not my intention. (people taking their dislike for a thing, out on other people like the person I originally responded to.)

I addressed my comprehension of your lack of enjoyment of it as "I can see how it can be tiring." and that response just brings me back to the point of why not just overlook it onto the next thing, I simply don't see the point in wasting MORE energy and time dwelling on something you dislike in order to intentionally try to remove all traces of it from whatever places you go to online, more energy than it would take to just go past it and ignore it. But I really do understand how it can be tiring. I am tired of many memes.

I am not angry or in a rage that you dislike the shibe meme, just because I expanded on my thoughts to you.

I don't enjoy the Shibe meme. I already stated this once.

There is a difference between simply disliking something and disliking people who like something you dislike.

There is no policing here. you can be a negative wad all you want if that's really how you want to live your life. Just don't spread your negativity towards things onto other people who associate with things.

If you read my words more carefully you could have figured that out for yourself instead of needing to be told..
"Negative ******** opinions and bullshit attitudes towards others about it"

No where did I say you can't have a negative opinion about it.

Stellar Succubus

Keen Incisions
VVhip

I never made the correlation haha. Thank you

Haha neither did I until a few weeks ago when someone else pointed it out... so I'm passing on the favour ^__^

Rare

Jealous Prince

You are making quite a few assumptions about me there. I kindly request you not make anymore of them.

I wasn't lecturing you or attacking you but I can see how my response can be taken that way because I can be pretty heated with my thoughts over things that irritate me I'm sorry that it seems that way, it was not my intention. (people taking their dislike for a thing, out on other people like the person I originally responded to.)

I addressed my comprehension of your lack of enjoyment of it as "I can see how it can be tiring." and that response just brings me back to the point of why not just overlook it onto the next thing, I simply don't see the point in wasting MORE energy and time dwelling on something you dislike in order to intentionally try to remove all traces of it from whatever places you go to online, more energy than it would take to just go past it and ignore it. But I really do understand how it can be tiring. I am tired of many memes.

I am not angry or in a rage that you dislike the shibe meme, just because I expanded on my thoughts to you.

I don't enjoy the Shibe meme. I already stated this once.

There is a difference between simply disliking something and disliking people who like something you dislike.

There is no policing here. you can be a negative wad all you want if that's really how you want to live your life. Just don't spread your negativity towards things onto other people who associate with things.

If you read my words more carefully you could have figured that out for yourself instead of needing to be told..
"Negative ******** opinions and bullshit attitudes towards others about it"

No where did I say you can't have a negative opinion about it.

Again, I never said anything towards anyone who liked the meme-- only that I don't want to see it and will block it on other websites. You seem very heated about something that was not said.

However, you said to me, and I quote,

Jealous Prince
If people are genuinely enjoying something and it makes them laugh or smile anyone who calls them stupid and act like elitists over their sense of humor should be rightly told to ******** off with their negative ******** opinions and bullshit attitude towards others about it.

This was in reply to what I originally said. You are obviously directing this statement at me-- if not, who? a vague idea of people who may or may not be negative? And now you speak condescendingly to reiterate that a veiled attack wasn't attacking me at all while calling me a negative wad. Oh dear. You're spreading "negativity towards things onto other people who associate with things." If you're so angry we can take it to PMs if you want to keep talking.

Angelic Angel

31,125 Points
  • Master Librarian 500
  • Storybook Royalty 500
  • Party Machine 500
yes just for the butthurt

Party Partier

Sir Black Tea

Again, I never said anything towards anyone who liked the meme-- only that I don't want to see it and will block it on other websites. You seem very heated about something that was not said.

Jealous Prince
If people are genuinely enjoying something and it makes them laugh or smile anyone who calls them stupid and act like elitists over their sense of humor should be rightly told to ******** off with their negative ******** opinions and bullshit attitude towards others about it.

This was in reply to what I originally said. You are obviously directing this statement at me-- if not, who? a vague idea of people who may or may not be negative? And now you speak condescendingly to reiterate that a veiled attack wasn't attacking me at all while calling me a negative wad. Oh dear. You're spreading "negativity towards things onto other people who associate with things." If you're so angry we can take it to PMs if you want to keep talking.

I already know you didn't, how are you missing that. All of my previous response is me correcting assumptions you wrongly made about me.

That part in particular is not specifically addressing you or anyone in general unless you or they are included in the number of people acting like an elitist d**k over peoples taste in humor. This is what it looks like to have a response directed at you. So unless you are one of many who have acted like a t**t to other people because they like something silly don't take it personally.
It is directed at people who act like elitist a** holes with negative ******** opinions and bullshit attitudes towards other people over stupid s**t.

This is why you shouldn't make assumptions and you should read carefully.
I don't wish to speak any further with you over this because you can't keep yourself from making incorrect assumptions about me even though I asked you not to.
I will state for a second time
That I am not angry or upset.

Sparkling Senshi

ugh, no.
no encouragement of shitty, over exposed unfunny tumblr memes.

Rare

Jealous Prince
Sir Black Tea

Jealous Prince

I already know you didn't, how are you missing that. All of my previous response is me correcting assumptions you wrongly made about me.

That part in particular is not specifically addressing you or anyone in general unless you or they are included in the number of people acting like an elitist d**k over peoples taste in humor. This is what it looks like to have a response directed at you. So unless you are one of many who have acted like a t**t to other people because they like something silly don't take it personally.
It is directed at people who act like elitist a** holes with negative ******** opinions and bullshit attitudes towards other people over stupid s**t.

This is why you shouldn't make assumptions and you should read carefully.
I don't wish to speak any further with you over this because you can't keep yourself from making incorrect assumptions about me even though I asked you not to.
I will state for a second time
That I am not angry or upset.

Now you're just being passive aggressive to veil that you're personally attacking me. Tiresome.

Don't bother replying.

Star

Honestly, I don't like the Doge Meme. It irritates me.

I'd still freak out and wear the item like crazy though.

Tricky Shapeshifter

12,200 Points
  • Junior Trader 100
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
I don't mind a Shiba Inu companion item, but a doge reference item would be a bit gratuitous. Not that Gaia doesn't have a president for silly items, but having that item released might attract meme parrots.

Amorous Witch

what? I havent seen this ever before....O_O

....cant unsee whats been seen.... gonk

captcha: what. ever

Healing Healer

17,400 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
I had a feeling this topic would go to hell quickly lol

Friendly reminder that there was a huge backlash during McSourface/Fremere's Guard. Do people care now? No. Same thing with MLP, it was hated for a few weeks, then people got over it because it's not a big deal to pander to groups of the userbase who like something. Remember the Homestuck references? Are people still fuming about seeing people wear the items? Nope. All three things I listed are barely even worn on avatars today anyway, so if Gaia introduces another meme, whatever it may be, it'll be worn for a month and then forgotten like all the other memes before it.

In short: it won't affect you. I'm willing to bet all the people who threatened to leave after MLPgate didn't actually leave the entire site just because of a few damn items.

Space Seraph

14,300 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Mark Twain 100
I just want an item that has the word "wow" hovering next to our heads. That is all.

Partying Member

15,825 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Window Shopper 100
never heard of doge. rofl but it seems funny. Go Gaia, you can do it Make everyone's happy heart

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff