Welcome to Gaia! ::

lnvidia's Senpai

Hardcore Weeaboo

23,950 Points
  • Yandere no Murasaki 500
  • Murasaki no Lifu 500
  • Tsundere no Murasaki 500
so i went on a site where they calculate site web worth and the price of gaiaonline i s 2M$
here the site
so what will you do if you are the CEO of the site?
Do you think gaia is worth 2M$?

Perfect Saint

Looks like Gaia deflated due to constant re-release. I think it was around $20M around 08-10.
The amount is just based on traffic. So the amount they get from sponsors and GC is not factored in?

Mega Hoarder

I really doubt they would sell it for that little.

Jeering Heckler

Does Gaia even post its financial stuff to the public? Apparently the quickest way to appraise a website is to triple its yearly revenue. $2.3m sounds kind of high, considering.

stukky's Fangirl

Fairy Type

60,050 Points
  • Cute Monster 500
  • Manchurian Candidate 500
  • Budding Witch 250
that site only takes into account things like add revenue and sponsorships. If you factor in cash shop sales, gaia is worth much more than that.

Fuzzy Bear

id buy this site if i had a bunch of money.

Demonic Bookworm

30,400 Points
  • Consumer 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Citizen 200
Snow Danger
that site only takes into account things like add revenue and sponsorships. If you factor in cash shop sales, gaia is worth much more than that.
Indeed, Gaia's worth according to that and another website being thrown around to 'prove' that the site is dying might just prove that adblock is a bigger threat to Gaia's future than the reviled Gold Gens.

stukky's Fangirl

Fairy Type

60,050 Points
  • Cute Monster 500
  • Manchurian Candidate 500
  • Budding Witch 250
OtakuJeannie
Snow Danger
Indeed, Gaia's worth according to that and another website being thrown around to 'prove' that the site is dying might just prove that adblock is a bigger threat to Gaia's future than the reviled Gold Gens.

what are you babbling about

gaia is making money hand over fist in the cash shop emotion_facepalm Do you realize that the sales of Nekola and the first recolour (Nekolita I think) were about 20K$ alone? It's hard to calculate the money made from things that aren't sold in limited quantity as the numbers aren't immediately apparent, but a website that can make well over twenty thousand dollars a day isn't going to shut down because people use adblock.

PK Flash's Datemate

Dangerous Rogue

18,200 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Informer 100
Snow Danger
OtakuJeannie
Snow Danger

gaia is making money hand over fist in the cash shop emotion_facepalm Do you realize that the sales of Nekola and the first recolour (Nekolita I think) were about 20K$ alone? It's hard to calculate the money made from things that aren't sold in limited quantity as the numbers aren't immediately apparent, but a website that can make well over twenty thousand dollars a day isn't going to shut down because people use adblock.

...I never thought to count how much selling out of the LQIs would be. o:

Dang.
For all we know there may be a holding company with multiple investors who owns Gaia Interactive, or simply multiple investors who each have a piece of Gaia, so they can't really just sell it off the fly. Multiple people have to agree that they want to sell and you only really control/own Gaia and can be it's puppet master if you are the majority shareholder.

Even if you are CEO it doesn't mean you can do what you want because the Board of Directors aka shareholders or their representatives can still vote to fire you if they don't like what you're doing, unless you hold more than 50% of the company and make yourself the CEO.

This site is definitely worth more than 2mil though.

Skylex Nevaeh's Husband

Shirtless Demon

17,050 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
I'm sure Gaia makes more than 2m in sales a year. They're worth more than that. Pssh.

Friendly Member

11,350 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Popular Thread 100
Snow Danger
OtakuJeannie
Snow Danger

But then also realise that it's spending it just as fast as it's making it. Their server farm has got to be robust enough to take the constant barrage of BUMP that goes on in Chatterbox. It's got to stand up to resource-heavy flash games. Devs need to be paid, artists need to be paid, bills need to be paid ...

Before you know it, 20K is a flash in the pan. I get where you're coming from though; people are spending cash on Gaia. That said, this is likely the first year that they'll be able to post some profits. For yeeeeeeeears, Gaia ran at a loss.

Obsessive Phantom

17,725 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Megathread 100
OtakuJeannie
Snow Danger

The only reason I even started using adblock was because of Gaia and its newly implemented center-theme thing. I'm not interested in my entire screen being an ad, tyvm.
Their own greed made a lot of people get adblock just for this site.

Distrustful Gaian

26,215 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
If I won the lottery I actually would consider buying Gaia. It's been my internet home for ten years..I'd do everything I could to repair the site and put the community first.

Unfortunately I'm betting it would take more like 20-200mil to buy Gaia. 2mil seems a bit low for such a big company.
You can't trust those websites. They don't determine the real worth of a website. Most if it boils down to revenue and userbase.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff