Welcome to Gaia! ::

What do you think of this increased freebie gold grant?

Awesome! More free gold to keep up with inflated prices. 0.53370786516854 53.4% [ 95 ]
No! We're trying to get more gold out of the system. 0.21910112359551 21.9% [ 39 ]
Unaffected. I don't think it's a significant change. 0.17977528089888 18.0% [ 32 ]
Pink Links? Wtf are those? 0.067415730337079 6.7% [ 12 ]
Total Votes:[ 178 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Beloved Lightbringer

34,775 Points
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Cosmic Healer 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
I opened one and got 300,000,000 gold (which was my first, surprised indication that they'd even changed). Apparently that's a pretty good payout.

The update is in direct request of users from Monday's AtS. Based on their recent Staff Updates and changes, I'd say it's quite likely they're going to change the giftboxes as well. (Now, if only they'd change the items dropped in the DC...)

King Noob

- - -
I'm against gold generators of any kind.
Poofing gold out of nothing for any reason is something gaia needs to stop.

However... Such nostalgia surrounds pink links for me.
I remember back in the old days.
When you got a pink link, and it gave you 1k (2k?) each time, you had hit the ******** jackpot. It was glorious.
I want pink links to give that feeling again.
Heck, I still want them to be actual pink links into threads. Not the floating box bullshit.

So despite my better judgment, i'm happy about this change.
- - -

Alcopops's Pardner

Bloodthirsty Bunny

33,440 Points
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0
  • Miasmal Lake Champion 500
  • Miasmal Researcher 200
This is good, very good. This is the only sort of "gold generator" we should have, because it happens purely by chance.
Every payout needs to be increased so Gaians have more to work for. GGs need to be gone soon enough, because then people will find no more use in them.

Handsome Destroyer

Haha, I also haven't been opening my pink links in anticipation of increased payments...

...the weird thing is, now that it's happened I still don't feel like opening 'em. I dunno. The last time I "redeemed" a Pink Link, it was still a pink link. Just getting gold out of nowhere feels weird now.

Maybe I'll donate 'em to some Charity threads.

Bunny

Ah, looks like they're going down in the MP! Understandable since most of the grants are 20m - 40m.

Super Spirit

Wow, was wondering if/when they would update it!

Feral Star

Queer Mishel
Robexa Nebulon
omg...this is straight up turds...

I always open mine right away cuz I like opening things ; n ;

; 7 ; Oh no! I'm the opposite. I hoard everything... though I honestly don't get that many pink links, and I never bought them since they only granted 10k during the time I was opening a few. Plus, they were selling for 10k - 15k on the MP, so I figured it was more profit to just sell them. xD
oo, what other things do you hoard? I must learn from my error! haha

Shy Gaian

13,750 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
I'm pretty sure this is the first time in my Gaia existence that holding onto the junk I do is actually ridiculously beneficial for me. Nowhere near lucky enough to get more than 100 mill, judging from the five I opened. It's odd seeing staff respond to user feedback without skewing it in their own image ala Alchemy when first released and Gaia Aquariums. Feels like I'm in the twilight zone. *watches staff closely*

Stop freaking out about the "inflation" guys. Pink links are RARE. You only have like a 1/6 chance to get one within the rare chance(s) you have of getting one of the 3 giftboxes, 2 trunks or pink link within the month. They only look as common as a CS/GS gold gen now because no one opened them due to the low gold amounts so there's a s**t ton lying around. That should fix itself very quickly now.

Handsome Destroyer

I know this isn't a statistics thread, but since I misclicked and opened one, might as well note that I got 75 mil out of it.

okay bye whee

Bunny

Staff have finally commented on the increase of Pink Links gold grants during today's ATS.

Answer
Question
Why were Pink Link updated with more gold?
We wanted to let all our players know that Pink links have been updated to provide additional amount of gold for our players. We implemented this change to provide our new players the chance to get some gold to be able to purchase items through the market place without being forced to purchase Gcash for them.

We are currently aware economy issues, and we are taking steps right now to improve the overall economy for all our players.

Angelic Blob

Besides 'bandaid over a wound' approch. Can someone get a word to have the original Chance Items updated. That means the Pink, Blue, and Brown giftbox.

Rainbow Tycoon

33,625 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Tycoon 200
Eh.. I'm a bit worried about inflation, but they are rare so...
Maybe I'll just give one to someone on Christmas...

Deathly Protagonist

50,415 Points
  • Charging Power 75
  • The Committee Staff 25
  • ReAnimated 50
I have six of them..will post my results...

Total is:
341.1 million

Chatty Friend

11,775 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Contributor 150
I'm happy that the Pink Links have finally been updated! ^^ The old payouts for them was far too low and alot of users would have had a hard time gaining enough gold from them to help fund their quests or gain the item/s that they want,
It's about time that Gaia listened to the community!

I do hope that the Gift boxes and wooden trunks and golden trunks get updated too, I wouldn't even mind seeing some old items or even some gaming items re-released through them! Heck maybe adding some more Charms to the giftboxes and trunks for go fusion would also be a fun idea! ^^
The blue gift boxes could have mostly star charms in there for example.

I would love to see some angelic furniture being granted in the golden wooden trunks or something =3

Liberal Fatcat

And this is why Ive been saving pink links for over a year.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff