Welcome to Gaia! ::

Yes, I'm getting a bit of a reputation for making these threads... xd

Anyway, this is a discussion about the colours of the gaian community.

Do you find the background colours soothing? Fun? The perfect shade to portrait gaia?
When you see the colours in the street, do you immediatly think of gaia?
Are there some items on gaia you recognise the colour of IRL?
Is your avatar colour co-ordinated to suit your personality?
How many colour combinations do you use? 2? 3? As many as you can?
Do you believe the pink used in the word 'Gaia' is aimed at females, whereas the blue contrasts this for males? Or do you find this unisex?

PLEASE DO NOT QUOTE THIS FIRST POST
Personally, I saw a car a few days ago, and immediatly though 'that's exactly the same colour as my gaia glasses....' xd
When I think of Gaia I think of the pink and blue...it's just Gaia's color, kind of nondescript in its own way. And it can be quite soothing to see for the first time after a long day.
My avatar is indeed colour co-ordinated for me; I'm quiet and plain, and I don't like to be bright, so my avvie matches me pretty well. I have 3 color combos going on right now; it wasn't intentional, it just evolved that way.
Zarmina
When I think of Gaia I think of the pink and blue...it's just Gaia's color, kind of nondescript in its own way. And it can be quite soothing to see for the first time after a long day.
My avatar is indeed colour co-ordinated for me; I'm quiet and plain, and I don't like to be bright, so my avvie matches me pretty well. I have 3 color combos going on right now; it wasn't intentional, it just evolved that way.
3nodding White, blue and black? Nice. surprised
blue and white

Space Werewolf

I don't mind the colour scheme, although I would mind a more muted one.

As for my avatar colours...I happen to like red, black, white, and grey. Blue and purple shows up occasionally. I dress my avatar more for style than matching.
Um. Yes. XD

The background colors are kind of mellow I guess... yawnish whatever.
I tend not to see these light blues on the street... it would be kind of weird. But I guess I would think of gaia.
-blink-
Sometimes the colors of my avatar reflect me irl... but usualy I just wear what I think looks good for my avatar.
I am boring with the color combos.
Its unisex... because guys wear pink all the time XD Actaully if the blue was aimed at guys... this really would be mostly a guy site... BLUE IS EVERYWHERE -hides-
I like the polarity black and white brings thus my outfit but my hair is cropped and bright red. 3nodding
-I don't like Gaia's background colors much, but oddly enough they're always in my color combinations for my avatar (at least two). I keep hearing how Gaia is a name for Earth, so I personally think the right shades of green, brown, blue and yellow could make it much nicer. With like, little leaf designs or something. I personally think they chose dull colors.

I skip the next two questions because I don't think of Gaia much anywhere else. If I do I completely zone out and don't even really take notice to other colors from where I'm at. Which reminds me, I have a letter to send.

-I'm not sure about the personality one. o_o It seems that everything on the avatar relates to a storm though. I've got black like storm clouds and white like the usual, nice day ones; the blue for the rain, the purple and yellow for the lightning. I'm sure you've seen it portrayed in both of those colors before. And my username is Wraen too. o_o Although usually I hear people pronounce it as 'Warren', wtf? D:

-I'm random, but it's mostly 2-3, not including black and white or those little smidgens of colors, like the pink in the KiKi Kitty's ears.

-For this question I'd say unisex because pink used to be a boy color and blue for girls, and then got switched around at some point..

Edit: If I read one of those questions wrong, tell me. I'll fix when I get back. >_>
Personally I think although Gaia is pretty much attached to the whole white, blue, and pink, it's not nice on light sensitive people...

I think of outfits on Gaia when thinking of new accessories to design in real life. 3nodding

My av is color-coordinated to match my personality, yes...for the most part...I guess... sweatdrop

I think the blue and pink are just...colors they used that looked ok together and that most people think of for sites with an atmosphere such as this. 3nodding Not much of an eye sore, and still neat looking lol (except for light sensitive, my light sensitive friends can't surf gaia much because it's so much brighter than most sites)
Gaia's colors could never change. It just wouldn't be Gaia. It couldn't be red and blue, it couldn't be black and white, it HAS to be light blue and pink. Actually, I love the color scheme. It's a nice, calm environment so people won't be so spastic or angry when posting. surprised

And pink is so my favorite color.
Zarmina
where are you gettimg the butterfly wings from there cool can boys get them.
I dont know if you were here for the big layout change last year. But the colors used to be less hard on the eyes. When the layout changed, people started getting nauscious (sp?) and getting headaches and stuff.
I kinda like the color scheme. It's simple, nondescript and has a soothing quality. I guess green instead of blue would make sense, but the blue/pink combo fits better with the chibi-esqu style of the avatars.

kougramaster666
Personally, I saw a car a few days ago, and immediatly though 'that's exactly the same colour as my gaia glasses....' xd

Well, at least you're getting out... 3nodding
Daisuke no Kage
I dont know if you were here for the big layout change last year. But the colors used to be less hard on the eyes. When the layout changed, people started getting nauscious (sp?) and getting headaches and stuff.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff