Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pommes Frites's Compadre

Cluttered Codger

44,400 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Fashionable Fancy Dress: Avant Garde 100
  • Vicious Spirit 250
Back when bald avatars were considered glitches, I had a mule whose entire shtick was having said glitch. When we finally got them as an option, I wasn't that despondent since I've come to meet so many other people who had experience with the bald glitch and wanted to keep/regain/have it!

Dapper Genius

7,800 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Brandisher 100
  • Loiterer 100
Neziar
Back when bald avatars were considered glitches, I had a mule whose entire shtick was having said glitch. When we finally got them as an option, I wasn't that despondent since I've come to meet so many other people who had experience with the bald glitch and wanted to keep/regain/have it!

Yes! This sort of thing is what I mean... where a glitch can enhance your enjoyment of the site, in a way. That sounds awesome rofl bonding over that. Do you ever chuck on a bald avatar for the sake of it now?

Beloved Perfectionist

Lulu the Mainspring Lady
Dan D Lie N
WAHHHHHHH i just changed my avi back to normal. but i really did love the missing black glitch.

User Image

i am kicking myself for not sticking all this on a mule lol

I did like yours. Seemed one of the more 'distinctive' examples of the glitch (and hence part of my inspiration in creating the thread).

I half-expected you to keep it, honestly. Was it a hard decision not to?

oh now i feel special emotion_kirakira

surprisingly it was pretty hard to change, especially since my normal avi is well.... me.

but once they fixed the glitch i was like .... wait... no one could make this avi no matter how hard they try.... so i kept it for a lot longer than expected.

it feel good to be back to normal but i miss it

Dapper Genius

7,800 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Loiterer 100
Dan D Lie N
Lulu the Mainspring Lady
Dan D Lie N
WAHHHHHHH i just changed my avi back to normal. but i really did love the missing black glitch.

User Image

I did like yours. Seemed one of the more 'distinctive' examples of the glitch (and hence part of my inspiration in creating the thread).

surprisingly it was pretty hard to change, especially since my normal avi is well.... me.

but once they fixed the glitch i was like .... wait... no one could make this avi no matter how hard they try.... so i kept it for a lot longer than expected.

Same reason I feel torn with this avatar.
I'm fond of my ********, but I feel like I've become well-known by my rainbowery. Kind of becomes a bit of a Sophie's Choice when you have a distinctive look, doesn't it? : (

Pommes Frites's Compadre

Cluttered Codger

44,400 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Fashionable Fancy Dress: Avant Garde 100
  • Vicious Spirit 250
Lulu the Mainspring Lady
Neziar

Yes! This sort of thing is what I mean... where a glitch can enhance your enjoyment of the site, in a way. That sounds awesome rofl bonding over that. Do you ever chuck on a bald avatar for the sake of it now?

I recall using the sunstaff's sunburst pose to 'shine' on the avies' head. Lately, I haven't thought much of it now that we have oh so many hair and wig variations. (Another thing with the bald mule was that she would collect sasha's wigs, since they were one of the few kinds of wigs that the site had. Looking back, that was so lame shhhh)

Beloved Perfectionist

Lulu the Mainspring Lady
Dan D Lie N
Lulu the Mainspring Lady
Dan D Lie N

Same reason I feel torn with this avatar.
I'm fond of my ********, but I feel like I've become well-known by my rainbowery. Kind of becomes a bit of a Sophie's Choice when you have a distinctive look, doesn't it? : (

i just noticed you signature! i k ow who you are and while i enjoy your faceless ********, i lovvvee your avi which funny enough i have been meaning to tell you

Magic Hobo

The only glitch I really have any kind of nostalgia for is the InvisiBobs. I never had that glitch myself, but I remember people having great fun with it.

I feel like a glitch has to be really, really ridiculous for people to have fond feelings towards it. Green goo? Natsomuch. But the black holes and the disappearing everything glitches recently were just so ******** nuts that people loved them... but I am not heartbroken that they're fixed. I didn't like the thing I made with them enough to keep it, although it was cool to play around with when it was there. More than missing those, I'm really more so looking forward to what will go wrong next. biggrin

Ice-Cold Victory

Not so much a glitch, but there was a time when you could layer different eyes. They updated layering and suddenly I couldn't pair my Oisin eyes with the fluttery lashes from Oculus Mythica anymore :c Back then, I changed my avatar all the time so I thought it best to just change my avatar and get it over with before I got too attached.

That's kinda my philosophy on glitches nowadays: enjoy it but don't get attached! I like changing my avatar too much to keep a glitch for long! Some people get really attached and the glitch becomes like, part of their identity. Good for them, I guess...it just ain't me, though.

As for my current avatar, it's fun but I'll save a new avatar when I can come up with a nice outfit. I'd run around naked all the time if I could but I don't want any trouble!

(I actually still have an outfit slot saved where the Oisin eyes layer with Gimpi in a really cute way and it still works...but it's such a dated avatar that I haven't worn it in a looong time).
The Rogue Fedora
I think that under my scarf, I still technically have no mouth.

I think that since I started, they redid the way mouths work like three times or something, and at one point I lost my default mouth, but never saved a new one.

Though it's kind of irrelevant, because I always wear a mouth covering scarf or the like.
Ahahaha, same exact story. That was back when I wore my nm scarf 24/7. So when they did the whole mouth swapping thing and I lost my old original mouth I had no mouth. They have officially added a no mouth option to the menu at this point, but still that was a little blast to the past in my memory banks. xd

Reveler

I'll probably keep mine for a while.
I wonder how long it will be until they start re-saving avatars?

Lavish Lunatic

Oh god. You've just reminded me. I MUST CHECK WHETHER MY FAVORITE GLITCHES STLL LIVE!

You never know what all these fixes might do to them! emo

Tipsy Reindeer

I do love this avatar, and it will pain me to see it go once I finally decide to change (or is forced to, whichever comes first). This one is probably the first I've become real attached to- probably because it looks nice, and because I know I won't be able to make it again anytime soon.

It's actually put me in a kind of dilemma... I love changing my avatar. I mean, I came to gaia BECAUSE of the avatar system and what I could create with it. So not being able to change mine is... well hard, to put it simply. It's basically put me into a minor lose/lose situation; either I lose this neat avatar that can't be created ever again, or I lose the one feature I get the most enjoyment out of. Or start over on one of my other accounts which would mean basically the loss of this account... It's just... I don't even know. I get attached to things very easily so that doesn't help things along either.

I have decided that yes I will change eventually, later this month come the release of one of my favorite video games. Until then I'll keep this one while I can.

Lonely Fairy

13,925 Points
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
I've never really been attached to glitches. I'm glad to see them go.
The only glithces I like are the ones in flash spaces because it's kinda funny to see people sliding around, or random wavy blue boxes, or people cut in half or whatever.
And glitchy video games.
Glitchy video games are the best. My best friend and I actually like video games more if they glitch out on us.

But as far as avatars go, I don't really care.

Hoarding Shapeshifter

25,650 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Spirit Hoarder 500
  • Fluff Reclamation 250
I can't bring myself to resave my avatar....even though I'm usually an I am item so being "human" is weirding me out...

This transparent face/body is just too awesome

IRL Exhibitionist

11,300 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
I remember when the EI would evolve and I had the previous stage equipped, I could keep the previous stage and add the new stage. So I would have one item and 50 different poses used.

then gaia up and fixed it. stupid gaia [>_>]

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces