Welcome to Gaia! ::

Is this a good topic, and can you stop from or stop people from being rude?

Good topic 0.36781609195402 36.8% [ 32 ]
Bad topic 0.39080459770115 39.1% [ 34 ]
I will stop being rude I guess 0.045977011494253 4.6% [ 4 ]
No being rude is too fun trololol 0.19540229885057 19.5% [ 17 ]
Total Votes:[ 87 ]
1 2 3 4 >

Tricky Powerhouse

11,900 Points
  • Battle: KO 200
  • Survivor 150
  • Ultimate Player 200
Hello I would like to bring up a topic about others being rude in the Gaia forums (Mostly all over Gaia such as Pm's,comments, and virtual worlds)

Alright so alot of the time while your on Gaiaonline you might be minding your own buisness like let's use the GCD that is now under a challenge to get it moving again. Being rude in the GCD has a negetive response on other people in the forum, if you offend one he or she might tell his friend not to go there that is one effect of being rude in the GCD or any place on Gaiaonline. Now I am not using anything as a example as I refuse to bring up people but will give a example of what went on I guess.

Example: You are finding threads make a post using the same response you did in the other forum,and someone comments that your a broken record and should get over it.

Example: Your minding your own business get a comment or Private message saying something offensive to you, and more making you upset.

Example: Your in rally asking to asking to race, and someone tells you to shut up noob no one races. gonk

Those are a few examples I have provided to get your minds moving on how rudeness can effect a person. Now if you have had someone be rude to you post it if you wish or use my examples, and say what you would of done if someone did that to you!

Alright so I know spoons are for hgih class GCD'ers but I don't know what to call the questions to be discussed.

How can you stop people from being rude?

Is being rude on Gaiaonline worth it, does it make you feel or look cool?

If your a rude person how can you stop your self from hurting others, mamby like your mom or dad said to you when your younger "if it isn't nice don't say it at all" Could you follow that?

CHALLENGE INSPIRED BY THAT ONE GUY biggrin
Try not to be rude no more in the GCD or other forums (let's say gcd for now because we don't want to get over our heads gonk

Disclaimer this isn't for attention

Frozen Sex Symbol

User ImageUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

For topic sake I will defined rude as the unnecessary spam/troll garbage .
Not because they are being honest and did not soften it up their response.

How can you stop people from being rude?
- No. Not at all. They are online and I cannot be there to physically smack them every time they say something rude. Its up to the person to be rude or not, nothing I can say or do will stop them. Its just best to ignore them till they get bored and report when necessary.

Is being rude on Gaiaonline worth it, does it make you feel or look cool?
- Ah the power of the internet. It gives people a mask to post things they would not say in real life.
Its shitty but some people enjoy that "i r makez u conFortablez i r win". Its stupid.

If your a rude person how can you stop your self from hurting others, mamby like your mom or dad said to you when your younger "if it isn't nice don't say it at all" Could you follow that?
- Again your asking people who are rude if they will change. They will change when they grow up hopefully. Its easy to post a unintelligent rude answer "lol u sux nerd" then to come up with a real critique/debate. The rude people don't care and know they can get away with it. Its sad these people don't take it upon themselves to do what is right.

Dedicated Loiterer

14,625 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Champion 300
  • Ultimate Player 200
Ignore. It is the best way. Not only do you deny that person the pleasure of having your attention, you can act like you're above it.

Sometimes people have bad days and need to take it out. Sometimes people take pleasure in being rude. But seeing as it's the internet, you can just pretend they don't exist and enjoy what you're doing.

Flaming, harassment and trolling you can report - which might feel even better, because they could get a warning which might scare them into behaving better.

Keep in mind though, a lot of people mistake disagreement for rudeness. Just because someone doesn't go along with your statement doesn't make the person rude. Criticism, which you often will get in a debate, is not a bad thing. It's something that should make you think, not upset you.
i feel you are asking people to make rude remarks if what you post is only 40% on topic and 60% unrelated spam with the one you clutter all the other threads, the worst part is that the post is like 4 lines long and then you answer back with half a line of spam, people forget this is a discussion forum i don't have a problem with people being rude to others who treat the gcd as a hangout thread in the cb

Magic Hobo

You say 'being rude' like it isn't an integral part of my personality. Rude and not ginger.

All right, sometimes I keep myself from posting something particularly spit-filled if I don't want to get in a fight, but it's not to spare anyone's feelings. Bluntness has a place in society. If you get told off and you're not some kind of rare terrestrial jellyfish you're probably going to think about why someone was impolite to you. Was it because of some thoughtless behaviour or idiot comment that you can do better about in the future? Yes? Well, you're a better person for having heard it, then. If not? You're a member of Chordata for a reason, report and/or block their a**.

And I mean, really. You don't get all choked up in tears over someone cutting you off on the highway or elbowing past you in a department store, unless your medication dosage has changed recently and then you're in trouble anyway. Why on earth should you let someone saying rude words on the internet affect you any more than something that happens IRL?

Liberal Bloodsucker

10,950 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Quote:
Try not to be rude no more in the GCD or other forums (let's say gcd for now because we don't want to get over our heads

Uhm, how about be respectful to everyone in every forum despite what they do to you? It's ridiculous to just be kind to the people in the GCD 'cuz you know them or something, be nice to everyone and maybe bad energy will stop going around. (:

Not saying this to the OP in particular, just responding.

Sweetest Chocolatier

We never gave up, we never will.
I think being rude to anybody over the internet is pathetic. People need to hide behind a monitor to be tough? It's immature
In the end, if that's the best they can say about us, it'll do.

Tricky Powerhouse

11,900 Points
  • Battle: KO 200
  • Survivor 150
  • Ultimate Player 200
Floriography
i feel you are asking people to make rude remarks if what you post is only 40% on topic and 60% unrelated spam with the one you clutter all the other threads, the worst part is that the post is like 4 lines long and then you answer back with half a line of spam, people forget this is a discussion forum i don't have a problem with people being rude to others who treat the gcd as a hangout thread in the cb

I have a feeling you didn't even read this topic. I tried my best I am not perfect, I am not good at making topics.

Enigmatic Foe

36,100 Points
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100
You can't stop them, its their right to be rude, wether people like it or not. Plus, its the internet, as long as people can stay anonymous here, they will keep on being douches.
Roxore
I did read this thread and I did read the post that "inspired" you to create this thread, the one you posted "ignored k bye" or something else (complete spam) that's what I meant with treating the gcd as your own personal hangout and not as a discussion forum

Time-traveling Senshi

The problem is people just don't think what they say and do online can affect a person on the other side of the net connection. The old adage of "it's the internet suck it up" is an excuse many use to brush aside the actions of others because they think no one is ever serious on the net. Look at what happens when someone posts about how users treat each other and cite an incident that happened to them as an example. People call them babies and tell them to grow up and suck it up because no one ever means what they say on the internet. Heck, I'm seeing that attitude in this very thread. Sometimes they just don't get it.

Disagreeing with a person isn't being rude. Calling them uninformed on a subject isn't being rude. Saying they're gravely mistaken about something isn't being rude. Following them around from one part of the site to another to post inflammatory comments in every thread they make and on their profile, now that is being rude. It's not that people should "suck it up", so to speak, it's that the other half of the problem is younger people these days are being told that life has no winners or losers because we're all winners and that no one is more special than the next person. They're being told that there's no geniuses in the world and that no one is more deserving of being in a special class for smarter people. They're coddled to the point that anyone who looks at you funny is rude and mean and shame on them for ever thinking those things. In the end, people need to learn to realize two things A. yes what you say on the net can have a negative affect on people and B. not every negative thing said towards someone is rude it's just the opposite of what you think.

8,625 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Generous 100
You can't stop people from being rude online.
They feel that because they are behind a monitor, they can say whatever they want.
And they can, don't get me wrong, they can do whatever they want.
But whenever I see somebody being rude, I laugh at how immature they are.
It's like, Really? You aren't mature enough to just keep quiet and go about your business? rolleyes

It's one thing to be blunt and honest, and another thing to be rude.
If you call someone an "idiot" for example, that is just rude.
If you state your opinion on something all while not doing any name calling, you're being honest & mature.

Personally, I am not rude to anyone.
I'd like to think of myself as a very respectful person and I just move on instead of wasting my time name calling and spitting insults.

dancing_ice's Fangirl

I always thought that if you can't grow a thick skin, spend less time in the internet.
I won't go out of my way just to be purposely rude, but I don't like to baby anyone either. xp
'Slay your own dragon'. is my motto. lol
Some people need to.
It's their way to feel better.
Regardless of how it goes down insulting and hurting other people online makes them feel like they are superior for a few moments.
It's usually people that are hurt and could use a little kindless themselves.

Of course some people are just giant whores with sticks up their butts and won't change ever.
Honestly, the only solution is to not give a s**t.

I'm not here to adjust anyone's poor attitude, and nothing I say is going to change anyone's poor attitude if they have one...so why am I going to waste my time. I just shake my head & move it along. smile

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff