Welcome to Gaia! ::

What's your New Year's Resolution?

To do more for charity. 0.047058823529412 4.7% [ 4 ]
To eat less. 0.12941176470588 12.9% [ 11 ]
To drink less. 0.035294117647059 3.5% [ 3 ]
To spend less money. 0.15294117647059 15.3% [ 13 ]
To find a real life dinosaur. 0.23529411764706 23.5% [ 20 ]
To create a New Year's Resolution. 0.22352941176471 22.4% [ 19 ]
Mine is too awesome, so I shall send it to you in a PM. 0.17647058823529 17.6% [ 15 ]
Total Votes:[ 85 ]
1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 2448 2449 2450 > >> >>> »|

Shameless Exhibitionist

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Intro - Welcome

The castle near the village has always been there, it's been taken over by many different owners in it's history. From the outside it looks like an English castle crossed with a large house. The stone walls tower above you, promising at least four floors, not including the towers. There was a thick, warm coloured oak door in front of you. Above the door is an oak sign bearing the name and motto of the building in a dark blue colour, below is an ornate, Venetian silver mask that looks upon all the visitors as they enter and exit.

“Welcome to the Silver Mask. A meeting place, bar, night-club, inn, and many others."
"Please come in.”

There is soft music coming from within, the sounds of light conversation and laughter. Merriment and glasses clinking together, orders are being called and served, a warm light pours from the window. People are dancing, talking, eating and drinking. The room is full of bright and vibrant colours - spacious, designed with a ballroom in centre with seats and dinner tables surrounding it. At the far end there is a bar where people are sitting and drinking, conversing happily.

Will you join us?

Come dance at the Masquerade and find your imagination unlocked.

Please Visit Our OOC Thread

News

Current Plot; Nothing started yet, but there are the beginnings of one happening...

30th of June - Holy crap I need to update the news more. Taxim has finished his A-levels and has three months in which he's got jack all to do, he's escaped the school internet-blocks and will be back RP'ing at home from this day on. Thanks to everyone that's helped out! I'll be spinning some RP yarns in a minute or so.

23rd of October - Double crap, I need to update the news more. I've done a bit of clearing out with the Staff/Regulars list and deleted a few of the people who seemed to have stopped turning up to Gaia at all. More information on that down on the section. Once again, if anyone has any ideas for improvment, let me know in the OOC chat link above! Also, have created a new rule and slapped it on rule number 2 - the Silver Mask now has 12 rules/guidelines. I hate reading them too, but please do it at least once so you don't have to do it again for a loooong time.

25th of October - Started up the poll for the costume contest - the poll will run for a week, and then depending on the poll, we will settle a date within a day or two afterwards. Vote all please!

The Weather Today

Today is a little better than yesterday. It's still a little drizzly here and there with the odd spot of rain, but at least the clouds are grey, and not stormy black.

Shameless Exhibitionist

Rules

Disobeying the rules shall usually get you beaten outside with an Idiot Stick. It must work, since we're giving people their own sticks to beat people with.

While this isn't a rule, it can be a guideline. Here we use the Day-By-Day way of roleplaying - when you sign off for the night, your character goes to bed, leaves the tavern or wanders off. Since most people in the Inn use this, it keeps the roleplay flowing easier if visitors continue the way. ^ ^

1st) Obey the Gaia ToS as usual, if you don't then it's your fault if it gets picked up or reported. Take it to PM's if you must do anything of the sort.
2nd) I'm not going to say "I am God, my word is LAW" as I don't agree with it. I believe that having a more free-form roleplay makes it all the more enjoyable for everyone. However, if there is an event that is causing me or a number of people discomfort, I will put my foot down. As I said, I'm not God, so if there are any problems with any of my judgements, please let me know and hopefully there will be some kind of compromise.
3rd) Romance is perfectly fine, just don't let it go too far - if you have to, take it somewhere else but don't post it here please. wink
4th) Please show respect to everyone else visiting and the staff, everybody will hopefully be coming in for a nice time and they don't want to be harassed.
5th) Don't God-mod, just don't.
6th) If you are a person that enjoys RP fighting, that's good - but if you attack my characters or those in my bar without organising it beforehand, even after I or they have expressed their desire for you to stop, I will throw your characters out of the bar and any complaints of Godmodding will be ignored. While I won't stop fighting if it's a mutual want for both parties, I even encourage it, I won't allow peoples roleplay time being ruined by people unwantingly assaulting their characters.
7th) Don't kill anyone unless it is discussed in a PM, that's just evil, and not in a good way.
8th) Please don't swear too much, I can stand the occasional cuss because something has gone wrong but swearing every sentence is just vulgar.
9th) Please post at least semi-lit sentences *walks in and sits down* just annoys most people.
10th) Enjoy yourself! Have fun, chat to people, order some drinks and have a nice time.
11th) Please don't advertise your own threads within the Silver Mask. If you want anything to be advertised, please PM me with the link and I'll stick it up with the Links. If you advertise in thread without my permission, I'll just delete your post.
12th) More rules will be added over the course of the Silver Mask's lifetime, so make sure to check back every month or so. If it's something urgent, I will PM all the regulars.

I hate making rules. I feel mean afterwards. sweatdrop Please read the rules at least once. If you do it once, most likeliness is that you won't have to read them again - and if you don't read them and do something wrong, Im'a smack you with the idiot-stick.

Shameless Exhibitionist

Rooms

There are many rooms in the castle, the first you see is the Ballroom which is connected to the Bar. As soon as you walk through the door, you are greeted with a large room with a soft, warm wooden dance-floor which is perfect for ball-room dancing. Behind this, there is the bar with it's range of drinks - multicoloured liquids and bottles hang from many racks and stand on the counters.

Next to the bar there are steps moving up to the rooms that are available, the keys are asked for at the bar and are given for free to customers. There is a small corridor next to the stairs that lead out into the garden and the swimming pool. The garden houses a large variety of both flora and fauna, trees of all shapes and sizes - the trees that line the maze are at least eighteen metres and still growing. The water in the swimming pool is not chlorinated, it is safely kept clean thanks to various filters for the spring water, so there are no worries about swimming.

There are many, many rooms within the enchanted castle, the various and strange rooms include; a fighting arena, a cinema, an armoury complete with medieval weapons, a garage, a swimming pool made out of a sinkhole underneath the castle, a spa, a theatre and many, many others. Even Taxim himself doesn't know everything about the rooms in the castle - sometimes, you may even find that opening a door leads to a completely different location than it did only a few days ago. Thankfully, each room contains a phone with direct line to the bar in case anybody wanders and becomes lost. The House Spirits don't play with anyone as long as they mean no harm, so all's good!

Outside Castle, Ballroom, Bar, Bedrooms, Gardens and Swimming Pool.

Shameless Exhibitionist

Profiles

Due to popular request, I shall say that profiles are not needed to enter. Walk-ins are most definitely accepted and liked, simply roll up with a character and walk in if you wish - profiles are mainly used to put up as regular visitors and employee requests.

After all this time I've finally updated the staff lists and taken off all those people that randomly left Gaia aaaages ago - if you are one of these people, let me know if you want to go back on whenever you get back! To new peoples, we'd love some more staff if you want a place to stay!

Profile Skin

[b]Gaia Name -[/b] (Your username. )
[b]Character Name [/b]- (Name/s you character goes by. )
[b]Age -[/b] (You can figure that out right?)
[b]Gender -[/b] (...)
[b]Description/Image -[/b] (Description and/or image of your character.)
[b]Bio -[/b] (Understandably, coming up with a history and reason for being here can be hard, so you don't have to do much. Just a short sentence on why your character is here will do. )

If you wish to join as a Staff Member, please pick one or a few jobs below and add them to the profile using the extra skin below.

Bartender, Cook, Waiter, Entertainer, Bouncer.

Staff Job - ( Bartender, Book and Entertainer - Example)
Speciality - ( Job speciality, - Cook: Chinese, Indian, etc. No speciality is needed.)

Staff

Gaia Name - Taxim Mask
Character Name - Lich'yllin Taxim - Taxim or Tax for short.
Age - Nine-hundred'ish.
Gender - Male
Description/Image - Slightly shorter than average for an adult, shoulder-length black hair that sticks up in un-tameable bangs, heterochromia eyes - one deep purple, the other bright emerald, that are usually covered with glasses. His outfit will change with each day obviously, but usually it is in a butler-esque fashion: formal shirt, tie, waistcoat, suit trousers and shoes spats. Taxim usually carries a black mask on his face or a black Trilby or Top-Hat with him, these are two shapes that his demon Ziteath usually carries when bored. In Taxim's child form, Taxim is the average size of a six year old with long white hair tied in an English Braid down his back. He will wear Ziteath as a small top-hat in this form. Closest Image for Taxim
Bio - Taxim used to be a bartender for the Caravanserai Inn until it seemed to fall out of business. He bought the Silver Mask Castle a while ago and has only recently turned it into an inn and bar. He won't speak much about his history unless you ask him about it, though he will let you know that he's been around for almost a thousand years, there is a lot of detail to the man. He is skilled with many weapons, old and modern, and many different magic styles, though he usually won't fight simply for his own moral reasons.
Staff Positions - Cook, Bartender and Innkeeper.

Gaia Name - Keto Van Alaphare
Character Name - Keto
Age -Almost in his 30s now
Gender -Male
Description/Image - keto has long white silken hair, crimson eyes, pale skin. Keto also has the pointed ears like an elf but that is due to a pact he had made with a dragon, "Till Death Do Us Part" is a phrase from the pact,[I know, sounds like they're married]. Keto can be angered very easily if someone does the wrong and or stupid things around him or says something of the sort. Sometimes he wear a set of black armor that bear several runes on each specific piece of the armor, and a very large sword that was built in an elven style but has a somewhat bad/good curse upon it.
Sexual Preference - Bisexual
Bio - There's not a lot to know about the brute, he was once a former solider, dragon slayer and all around arse kicker. Keto was brutally attacked by his own father, Vincent Alaphare, who is to thank for Ketos massive anger problem. There's one woman that he likes but knows he can never ever have her again, which depresses him and makes him into the cold hearted b*****d he can be.
Staff Positions - Bouncer and Guard.

Gaia Name - heavens-punisher
Character Name - Krato of Zerthia
Age - 28
Gender - male
Staff Job - Bouncer
crush: none unless he finds the right girl
Description/Image - Krato
Bio - krato is a man seeking to broaden his Horizen and learning diffrent types of martial arts. he is a kind smart man who has a good sense of humor. he longs for a place to call home and when he finds it...who knows

Gaia Name - Senza Nome
Character Name - Is most commonly called Senza-Nome despite its meaning (It means Without Name -literally-, or No Name, in Italian). Has a habit of changing her name every day, and with every person met. Would answer to pretty much any name.
Age - She appears to be in the mid 20's though she claims to not keep track of it
Gender - Female
Description/Image - Her body is thin, and like most ballerinas; on the edge of being considered anorexic. Like a mountain blossom her skin is as white as a ghost and as soft as the pedals of an edelweiss flower, with hair white enough to look like flakes of snow linked in chains to form the strands of her hair (It was no wonder some people thought her to be a ghost). Her eyes are unusually deformed, not in shape but in sight. Her pupils have dilated to an extent to make her eyes black making her able to see in the pitch darkness as any normal man in the brightest day, yet is usually blinded by the light very easily and prefers to stay in dark areas.
Bio - Her past began as a wild child in a gypsy camp full of life and joy. Yet after a misfortunate turn of events changed forever; embedded in thievish lore, old ties with pirates, tales of her being an allegory, intertwined conspiracies with many royal families, ruthlessness, greed, contracts with demons, stealing and eating souls, thought to be a made changeling of fairies, and other rumors. Some might not believe most of what they hear about her, but how can they when they after seeing the cheery and childishly optimistic woman before them who always seems willing to give a helping hand. Or is that just the influence of her gypsy childhood?
Either way, she came upon the castle one cold winter's day for shelter from the colder, and became captivated by its charm.
Staff Job- Entertainer
Speciality - Ballet, conjuring vivid life like illusions (if the public's mind is willing to believe them), violinist, and a bit of an opera singer

Gaia Name - Dahaka of the Sea
Character Name - Sea or Alex. either one works
Age - 24
Gender - male
Description/Image - Sea/Alex Pic
Bio - to be completely blunt, Sea is kind of an idiot. never thinking about what he says before it comes out of his mouth or acting on impulse have always been an issue. but it doesn't mean his heart isnt in the right place. Being accepting of all (until they prove that he shouldn't) is a way of life for him. also, he talks. alot.

And if you REALLY want to know his past. go ahead and ask him. cause there is WAY too much to cover in this bio without dragging on.
staff job - bar tending. its all he really knows how to do
specialty - making drinks and sometimes dancing. but not often.

~~~

Regular Customers

Gaian Name: Lady Isolde
Name: Matty Abernathy
Race: Human
Sexual Preference: Heterosexual
Description: A woman of slightly less than average height with dark mocha colored skin and long, extremely curly auburn hair. Wide, almost almond shaped eyes stare out at the world as a brilliant shade of hazel, though more green than brown. Slightly overweight but very curvy; she carries the extra weight well, her body full of curves with a certain grace and beauty of a Rubenesque model. Her clothing is worn, and she carries little with her.
Biography: Originally from the beautiful, but war and weather torn island of Haiti. After a series of tragic events, Matty finds herself wandering homeless since the age of fifteen. Painfully shy and very quiet, she moves from place to place, never staying for too long.

Gaia Name - sadow_wolf
Character Name - Seido (sadow)
Age - about 30
Gender - Female
sexuality - straight
Description/Image - Lean, well built. About 6'0" Normally wears a long black leather trench coat, a red 'n' black corset and black torn denim pants. Pale skinned, wounds heal slower than normal regeneration but shows almost no pain. When her black silken hair is down, it reaches her lower back, but normally wears it up in a warriors twist. She wears a spiked collar to keep unwanted leeches off, has crimson pupil-less eyes that normally have a black mist swirling in them. Her normal armor is engraved with strengthening runes and her helmet is shaped like a wolf’s head. She carries a long broadsword across her back and twin katanas at her hips. ((pictures will come later…maybe.))
Bio - Seido found herself at the silver mask one night. Something had brought her here, but she didn’t know what. She knew she was searching for something, or someone, but all she had of her memories were fragments. All she knows is that a man, with long, pale hair that seems to be around here a lot seems familiar.

Gaia Name - Lovely Arsonist
Character Name - Irya Sheen Inquiridor
Age - She appears around fifteen, but may be in her sixties/seventies, considering what she's said of her past.
Gender - Female, obviously!... Despite her flat chest.
Description/Image - Standing at around five feet tall, rather thin, and somewhat pale, Irya isn’t an exactly pretty nor feminine girl. Her fairly messy, short blond hair does not help this fact, considering the condition it’s in, and the fact she hides it under a wizard's hat from time to time makes it a bit worse. Often dressing in fairly simple attire of a white dress shirt and a long black skirt doesn’t help the situation either(Well,the skirt does). She reeks a bit of magical herbs,and often wears black gloves.
(Shorten her hair and [this] is how she would typically look. Her outfit changes from time to time.)
Bio - A bored traveller from a fantastic other world, Irya left the plane after "My friends either died, became boring after gaining immortality, or people knew what I was". With what she was(and still is) being a witch and a necromancer(Or, as she calls necromancy, 'The Art'. So, she'd be an artist?), it was no wonder she left. She seems to stop at the Silver Mask often, to rest in-between flying around on her broom, learning more magic, doing a bit of messing around with The Art, and trying to find a good place to set up a lab.

Gaia Name - Ysquiggle
Character Name - Silas Darkofoot
Age - 21
Gender - Male
Description/Image - Silas Darkofoot
Bio - Never quite knows where he is/where he's going, Silas tends to end up in interesting places, when interesting things happen.

Gaia Name - Marshall A_Ryukuo
Character Name - Waza
Age - 200
Gender - Male
Description/Image - Waza
Bio - Waza was born 200 years ago as a defender of animals, he was entrusted with the duty of defending animals from hunters, and poachers, but something went wrong during his creation, and when he was summoned the task was lost on him. In addition to showing no interest in the task, he was born a demon, which meant he was unable to be tied to the duty in any way. Now Waza roams the land completely free, untied to any morals or duties. Another flaw in his creation is his size, though he was endowed with amazing speed and strength to make up for it, Waza is only the size of a small puppy so he often gets mocked for some of his mischievous deeds, or evil attitude.

Gaia Name - Commander Badass
Character Name - James
Age - 24
Gender - Male
Description/Image - A silent toned man with an otherwise refined facial structure save a scar in between his eyes. He wears a formal coat, blue jeans, and thick heavy black boots. He has silver ears and tail which give him away as a half demon. For weapons he carries three katana, two on his back, one on his hip and then two revolvers on each side of his hip. A spirit of a girl follows him.
Bio - James spent many years hunting forces of The Worm and Dracula. He and his brother were solely responsible for the destruction of much of these dark forces. Unfortunately when they went to fight and ultimately destroy Dracula Tyson went missing, it was assumed he was killed or turned. James continued to fight without his brother before a succubus consumed most of his memory and life force. The succubus then sacrificed her physical body to keep James alive, but unfortunately his memory seems to be forever lost.

Shameless Exhibitionist

White List

Felmino - You're always welcome here even if you don't like to RP. Thanks for the banner once again! biggrin

Along with all the regulars and staff, without you the Silver Mask probably wouldn't be here right now. biggrin

Black List

Love Renewed - Earned the first place on the list for disobeying the rules and arguing.

Shameless Exhibitionist

Banners - All Your Sig Are Belong To Us

User Image

[align=center][url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/gaia-commerce/the-silver-mask-inn-and-bar-open/t.46797033/][img]http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e137/Sephirothsicase/B.png[/img][/url][/align]

User Image

[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/gaia-commerce/the-silver-mask-inn-and-bar-open/t.46797033/][img]http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e137/Sephirothsicase/C.png[/img][/url]

Much love to Felmino for these! Seriously, she's an awesome artist and currently working as a colorist. Check her out!

Silver Mask Links

The Silver Mask OOC Thread

Shameless Exhibitionist

Affiliates

If you want to become an affiliate of the Silver Mask, simply send me a PM and we can gladly exchange banners/links/papers/threats/assassination attempts and funeral rights. I'm not so sure about the last couple, but apparantly that's what happens in business! 3nodding

Precious Neko Inn!

Run by a good friend of mine, pop her a visit!

The Jolly Roger

User Image

Aarr ye landlubbers! Ye think ye man enough to have a drink with the Admiral? Pleasant people, pleasant place, a good place for a glass of cold rum!

User Image

Roll up to the Asper! Lovely people, lovely RP'ers and a great feel to the entire place. Well worth a check out!

Shameless Exhibitionist

"All right..." Taxim sighed, pulling on a pair of pristine white gloves. His shoes made "clip-clop" sounds as he walked across the varnished ball-room floor, making his way quickly towards the entrance doors.

Turning, he smiled and looked at the empty room, silence filling the air. While this was nice, hopefully it would change to fill with voices and conversation, laughter and friends. Turning to the door, he rested one hand on the bar before sticking the small silver key into the lock and turning. With a click, he pulled the doors back and opened them up to the fresh air. "Well, I guess I'd better wait for the first visitors..." Taxim grinned, smiling to himself as he hurried back to the bar.

We are now open! Welcome!
A loud clip-clop came from outside. It was the sound of a rather large horses hooves against the path. A soft tune was being played from a small purple hand held instrument. A sheer signal Keto was on his way.

Shameless Exhibitionist

The sound brought a smile to Taxim's face, a friendly face was on the way... Taxim stopped as he heard it, performed a U-Turn and walked back to the door. He stood just inside the door, his arms folded and waited for Keto. He probably didn't know where the stables where anyhow... the cool breeze ruffled his hair slightly as he stood there, eyes growing adjusted to the change in light.
"Taxim"came his loud booming voice as his mammoth black warhorse came into view with him on it. A playful smile spread across the rough looking face as he nudged the horse to go faster.
((Lurking))

Shameless Exhibitionist

(( C'mon in iUse, we need the support. wink ))

Taxim grinned and moved one arm, raising it to wave and flag Keto down. Afterwards, he cupped both hands and put them to his mouth, shouting back. "Keto! Nice to see you! If you just go to the right of the building you'll see a paddock for the horses!" Dropping his hands , Taxim pointed off to his left, Keto's right, and waved slightly, making sure that he would get the idea before folding his arms again and waiting.

Hilarious Fatcat

5,000 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Wall Street 200
User Image
"Just a quarter mile to the east..." a woman said, using the last remaining traces of light in the woods to read her map. Hope filled her heart as she noticed the thick groves beginning to thin. She picked up pace as the clearing made itself apparent...but she stopped suddenly.
"This isn't the Bay City Gates at all...this is some old crusty castle!"

With that, she threw the map to the floor. It was time to ask for directions.

She reached out for the door, which insisted on staying shut. She pulled a bit harder, and it wouldn't budge. With a growl, she lifted herself up, using her feet and hands to pull at the door.
And then, it opened, throwing the redhead to the floor.

With a soft laugh he knew what Taxim was doing. Maneuvering the horse in the direction of the stables he started to chuckle.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff