Welcome to Gaia! ::

What's your New Year's Resolution?

To do more for charity. 0.047058823529412 4.7% [ 4 ]
To eat less. 0.12941176470588 12.9% [ 11 ]
To drink less. 0.035294117647059 3.5% [ 3 ]
To spend less money. 0.15294117647059 15.3% [ 13 ]
To find a real life dinosaur. 0.23529411764706 23.5% [ 20 ]
To create a New Year's Resolution. 0.22352941176471 22.4% [ 19 ]
Mine is too awesome, so I shall send it to you in a PM. 0.17647058823529 17.6% [ 15 ]
Total Votes:[ 85 ]

Golden Gatekeeper

“Well…I suppose it’s better than sitting around on our arses here…” She muttered some under her breath before pushing herself from her seat. As Zoja reached to clear her away her dishes, the house spirits instantly took them from reach and went about cleaning up the remainder of any messes that might have been left behind.

And almost as instantaneously, luggage could be seen coming down the stairs ( assuredly from Zoja and Gustav’s rooms ) and headed towards the door…being piled into the side and trunk like compartments of a motor bike with a side car. As they watched all this, Zoja followed to make sure everything was in fact their own stuff before pulling a helmet off the bike’s seat, calling into the castle to Gustav. “Well…you might as well hop in. I don’t want to hear any arguments…because no matter what, I’m driving.” She simply stated as she climbed onto the bike and kicked it on.
Gustav raised his arms some in a sense of 'my thoughts exactly'. Only to have his brow wrinkled at the sudden liveliness of the spirits. Sort of staring awe struck at how things were flying and whizzing about adjusting themselves. Ducking as the suitcases were flown passed them, he raised himself scratching his head, "I can't help but feel the house is trying to kick us out." he mused while watching Zoja do all the work of checking the baggage. Following her out the door with the silly goof of a smirk on his face, still chuckling to himself and shaking his head some, until, "What." a glance at the side car and the helmet the doufus smirk on his face sliding off. Shaking his head while Zoja adjusted herself onto the bike. She would feel the space behind her fill up, his arms placed on the sides rather than wrapped around her, while the baggage was dumped in the side car, "Try not to crash us with that hangover of yours." Though as the engine roared, a vital question came over the 'I'm so used to others doing things for me anyways' ex-prince's mind, "Wait, do you even know where you're going?! " he added suddenly.

Golden Gatekeeper

Zoja stiffened at the feel of him behind her, only to look over her shoulder with a scowl on her face. “Well…there’s a map in the side car where YOU should be sitting…” She started with a bit of a growl in her voice as she called over the engine. “Surely you know how to read a map and point the way, eh? Assuming you can allow yourself to stoop so low and actually sit in the car where I can see you…?!”
"Should is an irrational word, my dear." Gustav said calmly while adjusting the strap on his helmet and making sure it wasn't ruining his hair all too much, "Besides, if I sat there, where would the luggage go? Or do you expect it to float along side us all the way there?" he snarked while pressing against her back some to stoop down and feel for the map in the lower cart, "Just....oh shut it, I don't like this anymore than..ah...there we are....I don't suppose you know the name of this forgotten unknown city? Or should I search for a local 'Cathedrals R Us'?" he amused himself in saying while reading the map. Turning it to the side and the other, his sharp eyes narrowing.....a pause....the sound of lots of folding, checking the date and year of when the map was made, comparing it to the roads he had already seen from being driven away from the mask and traveling towards the station's party.
His eyes drawing towards the map once more...yet, curiously enough, something kept on wanting to draw his eyes skyward. Expand his horizon in some cases.
"Follow the sun." Gustav found himself saying, a pause before repeating, "Follow the sun." as if the ring held some sort of key....He gazed back down at the map, Zoja would soon feel the paper of the map pressed against her and the feel of it being smoothed against her while he continued to study it. The cities and stations all made sense....yet there was a sort diagram about it that seemed...odd. As if there was an absence in the map that isn't quite clear whether it was uninhabited or a city, it seemed odd to Gustav, and he once again checked the age of the map. Well, if they were going to follow the groove of the way things were going, the odder the better it seemed.
Luckily what Gustav lacked in near inhuman singing talent, he made up with near inhuman sense of direction.
"North by North East...." Gustav started to explain....which continued on during the drive through sparse villages a town and soon quite the number of trees which quickly turned thick and forested...the sun by then was already starting to set...their destination not too far ahead.

(( Posted here and at the Cathedral ))

Dapper Explorer

(( Goodness me! Reading old posts from here ~Nostalgic~ it almost hurts! heart ))
The young detective Marek Belka Junior, with his hands cuffed behind him, tumbled backwards onto the green. Spitting what he anticipated as sand, and what turned out to be as grass out of his mouth, he shifted himself onto his knees to look around.

"What the...where the hell....How did this even happen?!!" he nearly yelled, pulling himself onto his feet.

Golden Gatekeeper

“You came through my interconnected roots of trees.” Came from behind him, a child’s voice of Danu who stood over him. Then…as Renatta and Wayra came through some time after, she would sigh. “Just how many more of you are coming through? I set up this network for my own travels, not yours!” She would say with a pout and a stomp of her foot…adjusting her glasses when they were jogged a bit off of her nose.

Wayra would help the princess up, her silver eyes wide at all the magic that was about…”Is this the fae realm you have told me about?” She would inquire, only to be corrected by the child nearby. “HA! Hardly! Daddy doesn’t have any tolerance for the fae! Calls them stupid inbreds or something!” She would declare. “My apologies!”
"Interconnected--?!" badaboom! toppled over Renatta and soon after Wayra. He tried to shoulder her off, and ended up getting a full vista up the princess's skirt.
"Yeeeak!!" went Renatta rolling off and inadvertently hitting Junior. This just wasn't his day! Panting Renatta would run her hand through her hair.
"I should hope not.." mumbled Junior while Renatta was helped up to her feet. The last thing he needed was Zoja to think he was running off on her. Renatta eyed around the place, studying it..as though, she had seen it in a photograph once... "We had no intention of coming through...in fact it was quite the accident.." explained Renatta while looking about. She turned about to say no to her knightly friend, but it seemed the girl beat her to it. Clearing her throat awkwardly at what Danu's father thought about the faes, she dared a glance at Junior to see how he would react.
But Belka jr didn't seem all too offended by it, or did he find it wiser not to comment thus giving him a higher chance to be helped and brought back? "So...would we be able to get back through the same system?" he hoped. "I have to get back."

"Oh-hoh?" went Renatta giving a sly glance at the detective from the corner of her eye. "Sudden change of heart?"
Junior said nothing.
"Or is it to spy on your sister while she..." she gave a sudden gasp, which nearly caused Junior to jump "I know this place!! Its...its the Silver Mask castle!" to which she pointed at Danu, "which, which makes you Taxim's daughter! And to think we could have popped in on them and asked for an antidote at any time!!!"

Golden Gatekeeper

“Yes yes yes…of course you can…” Danu would say with an off handed twist of her wrist…only for her to quirk a glance towards the two…only now noting that the man was handcuffed…only for the princess to point at her and declare her name. “Well DUH!” She said in a rather annoyed tone, only for her tilt her head. “What?” She then crossed her arm and tapped her foot to portray her annoyance. “What’s going on here? Why is he handcuffed, and what kind of antidote are you talking about?”

Wayra would step in to explain the circumstances, to which the little girl would roll her eyes. “Ugh…those two again? Gods…I thought I washed my hands of them when they left!” She sighed as she started to walk away, seemingly disinterested in the whole drama.
"And we'll end up exactly where we were, before being...transported here, unintentionally?" Junior wanted to make very very clear. Having a growing suspicion of how specific people had to be when it came to magic.

Renatta's brows popped covering her own mouth elegantly so not to blurt out the rude words she was thinking. Children these days! Or...wait...

Seeing how rude she was to Wayra, or rather to the whole lot of them, Renatta couldn't stop herself from leaning close to Wayra and whisper, "Honestly, the way Gustav re-told his stay, you would have thought she was this bundle of sweetness and candy canes, with a whole lot of...well, certainly not looking like a child." eyeing the small child walking away. Renatta tutted, "Can't believe it, my brother's a *****]"
This brought Junior's head whipping around with his eyes practically popping. Bringing on a whole new set of thoughts and things to say about Zoja and Gustav's new sentimental arrangement.

"Well, I guess we'll just head back now then. Sorry for the disruption!" she called veering Wayra and Junior towards their rooted 'exit'.

Golden Gatekeeper

“Yes yes yes…I control the network as it is…so I’ll make sure you’re back where you belong.” Danu insisted with a huff.

Children…HA!

“Child…?” Wayra blinked for a moment…and saw something other than a child for a brief moment. “I don’t believe she’s truly a child, m’lady…but only displays herself as such to us.” She started to say as they made their way to Danu’s tree. “In fact…judging by the size of this tree and the root system that brought us to this place…this child is perhaps far older than either one of you.” She started to explain before stepping through to make sure the coast was clear for them before the princess and detective passed through.
Junior gave a nod of gratitude.

Perhaps Gustav left out that detail when he had told it to her, or was it that she just wanted a reason to tease her older brother? Renatta leaned to the side to examine the tree better, looking around it, "Hmm I see your point." a quick glance back at Belka Jr who maintained a hard to read expression...was it possible he had seen what Wayra had seen for the briefest of moments too?

Seeing Wayra starting to pass through, Renatta linked her arm around the detective, about to express her thought on it being safer should they all link up together to pass through.
In the silence of their wait for Wayra to declare it safe, Junior kept looking back at the castle, "So this is where it all started..." he exhaled, his voice not even over a whisper. As though not wanting to disrupt some sacred ground. His thought trailed towards the dryad, wondering if she held any resemblance to the renowned Calliope. "It seems so...empty..."
"Perhaps even a little lonely..." feeling the ghosts of old memories rush about, from a more livelier time. She shivered.

Waiting in hushed silence for Wayra to declare it safe, they'd look up at the castle, occasionally pointing to certain parts of it guessing as to which door lead to where, which window belonged to whose room. Renatta even wondered if she spotted an upside down bird's nest on the ground at a distance, before stepping through together.

Dapper Lover

(( found it odd to see this up top of my subscribed forums!!!! Rose sending some love <3 ))

Golden Gatekeeper

Pleasantly Ridiculous
“I will do what I can to ease Lady Danu’s root system of the burden it might take, as well as protect all of us who are magically affected in the process.” Wayra vowed.

With one last sweep through the bungalows, making sure everything was set straight, the group took the speed boat to the smaller island. While Wayra sang and prepared the small tree for everyone who would be stepping through it, her drake flew off to discreetly dispose of the motor boat…to give the impression that it had been trashed by the storm if it was ever found again.

Once the drake returned, the drachne gave the ok for everyone to go through…where she would be the last to step in…just in time, being missed by the coast guards who rounded the bend…and found nothing out of sorts on the small island.

One by one, whoever stepped through first would tumble out first…into the overgrown and dreary garden that once glimmered in the moonlight and thrived in the sun in days long past. But now things were silent and dark, and the only light that seemed to glow was that of the tree that was scorched and missing a limb as 5 people and 2 strange creatures came stumbling out of its truck and root system.

Zoja would help up her brother and Gustav, while Wayra helped up the princess. Zoja herself shivered at the sight of it all…”It looked warmer when last we were here…” She murmured some. “It would seem the spirits have long grown silent here.” Wayra said in response, closing her eyes momentarily to regain her bearings. “We should head inside, before the clouds break and let down the rain.”

As the two strange creatures transformed to ride upon the shoulders of their respective partners, the rest would meander in…as a set of disgruntled eyes watched from the branches high up in the tree.

Inside, the spirits slowly came to life…progressively lighting the entrance way and the grand hall, eventually the bar itself as they cleaned the dust away and freshened the area up. The fireplaces awoke with bright flames, giving a warm glow that Gustav and Zoja would be more familiar with…but the place still seemed empty…too empty…too quiet…

Behind them the door closed with a slam, as an elegant looking woman stood there with her arms crossed. She was slender, with lilac colored hair that flowed down past her feet, and porcelain white skin that matched the shade of her blind eyes that stared through her glasses at those who had returned thanks to her tree’s root system. Gustav and Zoja would immediately recognize her, and perhaps Zoja and Junior’s father would mistake her for her mother…if only her skin were darker and her hair blonder…with those enchanting amber eyes and a voice like the sirens themselves. Surely his son wouldn’t be so taken by the woman’s daughter; even though history has a way of repeating itself. “Welcome back. How might I help you?” She said rather stubbornly. Instead of her mother's flair for Victorian and Elizabethan attire, Danu's gowns looked more oriental in style, complete with draping long sleeves and layers upon layers of robes that were held together with thick silks bound around her torso, trailing down her back.
I, too, remember that feeling. You are caught between all that was and all that must be. You feel lost.

User ImageUser ImageUser Image

Renatta nodded her consent, trusting Wayra. Doing her part with the others to help clean about the bungalow.
While waiting for the speedboat to be trashed, Junior would take in the scenery of the Caribbean. Not having had a whole lot of time to fully enjoy it. Wondering when might be the next time he'll see it. Renatta had her own mind buzzing and preoccupied of all that she'll have to accomplish by the time she was home. Gustav, ready to get out of this climate, was standing under the shade with his arms crossed. Peering through the palms to the skies. The cicadas starting up their songs in the distance, more inland.

They went and tumbled through the tree. It was, despite Wayra's help, uncomfortable and claustrophobic for Gustav. Gasping for air when it was his turn to tumble out. Surely won't be doing that again, he thought. When another heavy feel came over him. Raising his head, he shifted out of the way for the others to tumble out. Taking in the haunted gloom that was the Silver Mask.

A chill ran through Gustav's spine. Letting the strict contrasting difference from here, and the sunny warm Caribbean, soak in. His brows furrowed together, giving a distracted nod of thanks to Zoja for the help up. He just couldn't understand. Placing an arm over Zoja's shoulder, who shivered. He said just above a whisper, "Something happened while we were away. Something…" a theory came to mind, but Gustav couldn't bring himself to say it aloud, "…I dare not say." Hoping he was wrong. It felt like they were on hollowed ground. Like they shouldn't speak, or their voices would disturb the dust and gloom gathered there.

Renatta nodded her thanks to Wayra, before frowning at the old castle. Depressing was the only word for it. Junior brushed his knees off, muttering a 'thanks'. He turned to Renatta and said, "Is it possible it looks even sad-er than when we were last here?" Renatta lowered her eyes, not sure how to respond. Or if it was even wise to comment on such things while under the dryad's tree. "Wayra's right we should head inside." she sniffed the air, wiggling her nose, glancing at the heavy clouded sky, "It might just flood with how much rain those clouds are packing." she added, stroking her drake, while heading inside.

Junior stepped back some, eyes widening as the house spirits roused and set to work. "They're not ghosts..not the way you're probably thinking, that is." explained Gustav softly. Junior muttered something under his breath, jerking a nod. Too quiet was right, it made Gustav feel unsteady. Thinking, perhaps his theory wasn't so far fetched. It was clear something did indeed happen here.
With the door slam, and the yelp from an already spooked Junior, Gustav tightened his arm around Zoja some -if up until now she still wanted his arm over her shoulder-. Renatta pivoted with the rest. Junior was at a loss for words at the elegant sight of her, Renatta as well, more for the shock of seeing her in such an older state than the childlike one she and Junior had seen before. True, it was explained to the both of them that Danu hid her true age and form, but it took time to get used to seeing. A siren's daughter indeed, thought Junior. He quickly furrowed his brows causing the crease of his forehead to deepen. Strangely enough, Renatta felt embarrassed. Especially when she remembered all the cracks she thought of when having seen Danu as a child.
Gustav stepped forward and gave a gracious bow, "Hullo again, madam. We're sorry to disturb you Miss Danu. I hope our coming here isn't too much of an inconvenience for you. You see, we came here for various reasons. All simple really, in fact the majority of us will be out of your hair soon enough." Gustav didn't feel it was right to outright say her tree was being used as a shortcut for the majority of them. That they'd all be leaving such an already empty house so soon. It felt rude. Tactically, he then gave a hard pat on Junior's back, who took a few steps forward blinking. "With your permission, we'd like to have a look around to see if we missed any clues involving our mother's," a motion to himself and Renatta, "demon. Re-stock in supplies. As well as to stay a while, and catch up. Most importantly to see how you're doing." he added kindly. Sincere to his word. "We won't be too much of a bother, and I promise we won't sing." a wink to Zoja in his attempt to lighten up the air between the group and dryad.

Renatta's eyes widened looking at her brother, thinking something deranged his mind. Having planned on leaving sooner. Manners or not. But to Gustav's reasoning, now that they were here it made no sense to separate abruptly, and under such poor weather conditions. Something about it didn't feel right to the root of his feathers. Especially upon seeing Danu the way she was, and the castle the way it was. His big heart couldn't over look it, couldn't just ignore it and push on.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff