Welcome to Gaia! ::

Welcome! Any ideas on what we should add next?

Another room. 0.081481481481481 8.1% [ 11 ]
Expand the basement/catacombs. 0.22962962962963 23.0% [ 31 ]
Do something with the land outside. 0.26666666666667 26.7% [ 36 ]
Gold option! 0.42222222222222 42.2% [ 57 ]
Total Votes:[ 135 ]

User Image

"You follow....?" he encouraged. When no further answer came, he realized something must be wrong. "Hm... could you describe them at least? Or write it out?" What deity made it unable to speak their name...?

So if these deities were betting, who were they betting against? Were they against each other or on the same side? Did they win or lose? So many questions.

"I believe the first step would be recovering your bodies. The best place to start would be in whatever plane of existence you landed yourself in. Do you have a name or something to go off of from there?"

High-functioning Bibliophile

9,800 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Timid 100
"I can't. Not unless you already knew." She said in regards to her deity. "You would have had to have read about him." She then shook her head. "I don't know much else about the bet. I regret not asking more questions."

When the topic shifted to the plane she had taken Sinsayer and herself to, she smiled. "The world was not developed enough to have named their planet, but the main city we were near was Glinder. Tillitekka was rather close to it in retrospect. You had to pass a mountain ridge so most think of it as much farther than normal. We were staying in the ruins of a castle we are helping the small town nearby restore. There is a lot of history for the world although books on the subject is hard to come by unless you have been there." She explained. If she was allowed to, she would ramble off as much information as she could about the place.
User Image

Getoth sat back and allowed Rose to bombard him with information on this other world, trying to absorb as much as he could. Given his currently focused mental state, it was an easier task than it normally would be.

Important cities, background dealing with magic and conflicts between magic users and nonusers, specifics about the many languages spoken and what they looked like in written form. It wasn't until she mentioned magical alcohol that Getoth gasped, eyes growing wide. "Chelka," he whispered, the word slipping through without any conscious effort. Of all the places Rose could have landed, it was there!

"I haven't been, but i've had access to some of its reading material..." The remote... He wasn't sure why that particular item in Iris' possession occurred to him at that moment, but it contained the power to open gateways to other worlds.

9,800 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Timid 100
"Yes Chelka is the name!" The toy said with an obvious note of hope in her voice. When he mentioned he hasn't been but has access to the reading material, her voice wasn't as excited but still hopeful. "May I see that reading material?" She asked him hoping there was something it could hold that may be of use.
User Image

Getoth stood and headed for the bar. No point in keeping information hidden when it may be of help, not that he believed there would be much in that book. He grabbed the bag he'd left near his staff and rifled through it for a few moments before returning with the book in question. Getoth offered the journal to the puppet.

"Small universe," he muttered, a hint of his usual humor creeping through. The anger still burned, but he was slowly wrangling it into some semblance of control.

9,800 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Timid 100
"Indeed." The toy said before pointing to a quiet corner. "Is it okay if I study this over there. It is going to take me some time to translate it. I can show you how if you like since this is your book." She offered Getoth seeing as how he had been really helpful to her.
User Image

Technically it wasn't his book, but Getoth wasn't about to say no to an offer like that! "That would be very helpful." The chef cast one last look toward the kitchen. He hadn't stepped foot inside since arriving... but it could wait. He'd make sure to get some work done before leaving for the night, but right now Rose was presenting him an opportunity.

"I don't believe I got your name..." he finally realized. During their whole conversation, not once had they spoken their names.. Their previous interaction had been while Rose was drunk; actually Getoth was surprise she even remembered at all...

"Getoth," the blond introduced as he joined her to look over the book.

9,800 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Timid 100
"I am Rose. Rose Mandrake." She said seeing as how it was just the two of them right now. "The first thing you should know about this language," she said as the toy took light steps to the corner, "Is that the words are based off of intention. In English intention is implied or guessed at based on the person speaking to you. For this language you have it written down for you. It gives an added level of security when you cast spells since you need the correct intention while saying the words for it to do what you want."
User Image

"Oh...." he muttered. "Oh! Well that certainly makes sense...." Getoth began to see previous events in a new light. 'So when those paper cranes began multiplying and animating.....' he thought with sudden understanding. It was his fault after all. Huh, go figure.

"An ingenious system." And given how secretive the magical community was with their alcohol recipe, he wasn't surprised they'd utilized such a security measure.

9,800 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Timid 100
She nodded and would have grinned if the toy body allowed for it. "So with that in mind this is how you can read the words." She began as she taught him rather slowly how to read the words.

((Need sleep. Feel free to end the lesson whenever you like. Rose will be studying the book until I get back.))

Tactical Tipper

Yep, this has gotta be the place, Opal thought as she rolled towards the brewery. The girl was wearing roller skates, the kind that you can strap on over your existing shoes, and began coasting towards the old building in order to take it all in. The girl had been looking for a good place to explore, and this place fit the bill!

She was chubby and about five and a half feet tall, brown eyes obscured behind oval-shaped wire frame glasses. The girl appeared to be in her teens, dark brown skin marked with a few blemishes that she didn't attempt to hide with makeup. The small curls of her black hair were pressed down beneath the helmet she wore at the moment, sticking out of the sides haphazardly. Opal wore a few skirts layered together, all earthen tones, stopping just above her ankles. A dark brown sweater a few sizes too big for her and an old green military jacket provided warmth. In addition to a clashing multicolored scarf, two cameras dangled around her neck.

Opal lifted one the cameras and took a few pictures of the building's exterior. I bet this place is chock-fulla spirits, she thought, smiling. After she was done admiring the architecture, Opal sat down on the front steps of the brewery and took off her roller skates, revealing a pair of beat up old sneakers and brightly colored, mismatching socks. She managed to find room for the skates in her bulging canvas backpack. When the girl removed her helmet, her extended to its full volume, falling to her shoulders and framing her round face.

Opal hoisted her backpack and took a deep breath before stepping to the cathedral. She took a quick glance around, finding that the place seemed deserted. She only frowned for a moment before taking up a spot at a table and removing a few things from of her bag. She arranged a small laptop, tape recorder and video camera on the table, taking a quick inventory the gear. Waiting to see if an employee would show up, she started typing on the laptop. Opal was hoping to ask an employee a few questions, maybe that way she wouldn't get in trouble for trespassing this time.

Golden Gatekeeper

Why was she always leaving something behind? The dark skinned elf had looked frantically through her pouches for a tool she used to alter Femme’s leather coat into the cloak and hood she currently wore…but now it was gone! This was not like the elf with the near white hair, and she was growing ever more frustrated that she would have to yet again go into the cathedral and retrieve what she had left behind. Then again…it also meant she could just nab a quick meal and some water before heading out…thus saving the food in her pouches for later in her travels. Yeah…well…she checked the fruit, and ate up an apple that looked like it was about to turn. Can’t have that. She’d replace it in a bit.

Dressed in leathers and furs of the black and white variety, the dark skinned elf that stood at roughly 4ft pushed her way in through the cathedral’s door, closing it behind her as she cautiously took stock of the area. Once again, there was someone unfamiliar, sitting at the table looking at…some…flat…thing. She gulped quietly, tugging her hood over her face just a bit more as she crouched down, sniffing the air warily to see what this new person smelled like, and if any other scents of people the elf might have met before still lingered. Thankfully…Natalie’s aroma of hairspray and gunpowder had been swept away with time, so the elf didn’t have to fear for going into a sneezing fit.

Straightening herself up again, she padded apprehensively forward, wondering if she would manage to sneak past the new person on her way to one of the private lounges to look for her missing tool…

Tactical Tipper

Opal's attention was drawn immediately to the doors when someone entered. She smiled broadly and waved at the stranger. She noticed that the newcomer seemed a tad apprehensive, and concluded that she probably didn't work here based on her demeanor. Opal wondered why the stranger was dressed in those odd clothes. Wow, I bet she, like, goes on cool adventures and stuff! she thought. It took a bit of effort, but she resisted the urge to snap a picture of the stranger, not wanting to make her even more uncomfortable.

"Hi!" she said brightly, closing her laptop and moving to stand in front of her table, but not moving too far from her stuff. "How are ya, stranger?" she asked, wondering if she could loosen the newcomer up a bit. "Oh, beggin yer pardon, my name's Opal. Opal Clementine Langley!" she announced, a bit of a southern drawl in her voice.

Golden Gatekeeper

The elf paused in her steps, looking up at Opal with a set of piercing blue and purple eyes, though a lock of hair threatened to cover the purple eye. She stood there, slowly sizing the girl up for a moment. Taller than the elf, yes…doesn’t appear to be a threat. So many layers of clothes, well…it is cold outside. She leaned her head in to take in her scent again, blinking for a moment before she raised her hand. Poking out from the hem of her white leather sleeve were slender fingers that waved hello, one at a time like a spider or centipede walking about.

She wasn’t sure how to answer the girl’s question on how the elf was, other than to quirk a brow to show her confusion on the matter. As for the name…the long name of words she wasn’t sure she knew the meanings of…well…the elf would pierce lilac hued lips together, and decidedly gave her a nod…at least giving the impression that she understood…though…really, she didn’t.

Tactical Tipper

Opal's smile was tinged by a look of confusion. This strange lady just sorta leaned in towards her before offering an odd wave. All Opal smelled like was old clothes and a bit of lavender. The short lady didn't speak, just quirked a brow at her question and nodded at her name. Did she understand? It seemed so... Opal placed one hand over her mouth as she considered the situation. Maybe she could just as simple yes or no questions? She put her hands in her coat pockets and looked over at he stranger.

"Can ya talk? Ya from around these parts? Are ya, uhm, okay?" she asked, leaving a pause between the questions so the stranger had time to respond. She kept a smile on her face. Opal figured she wasn't from around here, based on her exotic appearance and behavior, but her mama always told her not to assume.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff