Welcome to Gaia! ::

Lonely Scamp

We Could Be Heroes

Charming Vice

Tenkai finished the rest of his Shirley Temple, including the cherry once he managed to fish it out of the glass. He could have just eaten it from the glass, but he figured that spitting the ice back out would be unsanitary. It didn't feel like the right thing to do in a place like this.

"Hmmm...that's a shame," said the monk. He genuinely found it unfortunate when two people didn't seem to get along. He took a moment to look at the incubus in question, who had just transformed his otherwise conspicuous hooves into humanoid feet. A barefoot man probably blended in a bit better with the crowd than a man with hooves. Most demons had some sort of glamor-related transformation ability, but succubi and incubi were by far the best at using it.

"I guess it's for the best, though," he continued. "He might want to eat you, anyway."

Somehow Tenkai managed to say this matter-of-factly with the most sincere, mild-mannered face possible, as if he was saying he was going to the store. In spite of the fact that it was unusual for a human to be able to tell that someone like Kreed was specifically an incubus, the remark was audacious at best. What business did a human like him have spoiling an incubus' hunt, especially if he was a prince?

Nevertheless, he needed to get another Shirley Temple, and he was generous enough to buy the pink-haired girl a drink. The bartender was a bit non compos mentis at the moment, but he had told Tenkai that there was an open bar free for their use. The monk started to rise from his seat when Kreed suddenly fell forward. It was the first time he had ever seen one that wasn't used to walking on human feet. He must have been rather fond of those hooves. The monk didn't mind them at all, but it seemed as if Ziggy's comments had made the incubus self-conscious.

"Oh dear," said the monk. "Are you alright?"

Original Bloodsucker

8,650 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Invisibility 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx╔══════════════╗
▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅ xxxxxxxxxxxxChance Arden xxxxxxxxxxxx«
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx╚══════════════╝
I need you to feel this,
I can't stand to burn too long.
Release inside of me.
For one sweet moment, I am whole.

Forgiven.

At least, she hoped he meant it when he agreed to forget whatever strange happenings had gone on in her absence. Despite her reputation, it wasn’t like Chance had been looking to find someone new; aside from a meal, she had no need for such baggage. Even Eneru knew his place as another weight for the woman to carry, but he wasn’t a burden in the traditional sense, and what little troubles they had paled in comparison to the other issues the Fae was faced with in her travels. Now that the world had returned to it’s usual mundane spin, Chance peered once more at the strange Incubus across the bar, along with the company he kept. While the monk wasn’t familiar, Ziggy certainly was, and a frown quickly dotted the features of the ancient beast while Eneru commented on whomever he had issues with. Probably the hooved boy, but even that wasn’t something that lasted as a dark swirl of shadow seemed to wash over the feet of the other male in transformation. Yeah, she caught small details like that, especially with what she did to her own body concerning shadows.

“We can’t all be so lucky.” Joked Chance as she slowly rose from her draped position, removing herself from his lap to slink back to her bottle at the counter. “Maybe you should go say hello.” Teasing her mate often meant throwing him to the wolves, literal or otherwise; though tonight, the pickings were slim and it seemed another Incubus in the Tavern was cure enough for her boredom. Tilting her golden locks while illuminated hues inspected Eneru, she waited for a response, still cautious of what he may or may not be tolerant of in their current situation. All the same, the Fae was notorious for pushing a few buttons and Eneru’s were no exception to the overall rule. Only, as she attempted to continued, a strange noise sounded through the bar and caused Chance to silence her thoughts. The other Incubus, on foreign legs, was stumbling about in attempts to better fit in; which only seemed to draw attention his way. Now, call Chance an equal opportunity harasser but this was just too good to not poke fun at.

“You seem to be having a few issues, Champ. Need a hand?” The buxom blond showed no sign of malice in her comment, though the look in her icy stare seemed to speak volumes regarding her intent. Having thought to walk closer, she kept her distance because of Ziggy and the Monk, neither of which seemed as interesting to toy with as the inexperienced male with bare feet. Turning once more to Eneru, she gave a gracious smile and brought two fingers to her forehead for a small salute. “We should get out of here, love. Let’s be adventurous for a change. I’m getting bored.” And Chance bored could be awful, if not truly terrifying. Her other hand raised the claimed liquor to her lips and with a moment’s wait, the Fae partook in another long drink from the bottle. Things could be worse for all parties involved, but with a lightened mood apparent on her delicate features, Chance was no immediate threat.

At least, not tonight.

User Image
                                            xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

"What a strange illusion it is to suppose that beauty is goodness."
Huginn could out-talk anyone, he'd never met someone quite so verbal as he had a tendency to be. He was also known as something of an obnoxious individual, although tiring might have been closer to the truth. He seemed a never ending font of energy and words, even if that energy and those words were often a mystery to others. He shook his head gently at the man. "No, no. Not exactly. I mean, that is correct. That would be Latin for raven. But I speak of what we're commonly referred to." Bah, he hadn't been around when they'd been named, it wasn't his fault they just went with the literal Latin translation. It seemed lazy in retrospect.

"I'm sorry, Amnesiac, I don't know what you're saying. Your gestures aren't very helpful either. No offense, I'm just not sure I understand waving your hands and pointing as well as the next guy." He smiled apologetically and bowed his head towards the other. When his partnered bird transformed into a lovely-ish lady, Huginn's brows shot up, but he made no other outward appearance of surprise. That had been a bit of a shock. "Can you turn into a bird as well, or is that something that only she can do? Sorry if I'm prying too much, I have this thing about information and people's lives." Now things had gotten rather interesting.

"Unfortunately I only understand about half of what you say, but I think that counts as my first question. Also, my apologies m'lady, didn't mean to come off as rude." He nodded towards the woman, a grin settling easy on his lips, the suited bird was a little curious as to the going ons around him, but not nearly enough to tear him from this new development.

Aged Reveler

User ImageUser Image

SELAS LAUTARI
╔═══════════════════╗
Te shordjol muro rat,
Te pabaren mange memelia.

╚═══════════════════╝

They both stared at him as they talked, the woman however completely unfazed by it all as Selas tilted his head and leaned forward trying to catch what Huginn was trying to say. Wait, did the man just call him an Amnesiac? Was that his nickname now? No no. With a huff Selas parted his lips to speak but since it clearly hadn't gotten across the first two times Fiachra doubted it would get across the third.

So she stepped in.

"His name is Selas Lautari. My name is Fiachra." She pointed to the white porcelain mask. "This is Gadge Chor." For a woman a pair who had been entirely unable to speak English just a second ago she seemed pretty fluent. She raised her hand just then to stop the question she knew was already heading her way.

"Being Parrot, I understand quickly. O Xonxano baro, is The Great Trick. You do too. Yes?" She inquired even though she already knew the answer.
"Only I do The Great Trick. Selas is still... Confused." Speaking of said man, he looked pretty irritated that he was still having a hard time keeping up. Even though he was around the English language as much as she was, the woman-previous-parrot had picked up much quicker than he had.

"Prohasar man opre pirende - sa muro djiben semas opre chengende...." Selas mumbled irritably, the masks lips pinched in a thin line. Clearly he felt undermined now, but if Fiachra was able to help him in this form, then she should do it quick when they had the time.
Her human form was always short lived.
User Image

How troublesome...

Always was within the ONS. The incubus could never seem to find a break, keeping his glacial hues on Ziggy and company. Why Ziggy disliked him was a mystery all to it's own, certain she hadn't a reason why herself. Come to think of it, the only recollection he could conjure is to the night that foul monstrosity entered the tavern. The same night Stardust here ran off with his lovely scarf he'd been meaning to get back ever since. Funny really, a thought to question the performer would otherwise earn him a smartass comment. Why bother? Just as he didn't bother to catch the second incubus alter his hooves in a haze of shadows. No. Eneru would keep his attention to the sake he'd been nursing. "Always the smartmouth, huh, Ziggy..." The mauve tressed male commented, without so much as glancing to the miniature being. Clear was the evidence in how impassive his ambience foretold, contemplating how to carry along with Chance who'd surely throw him into the wolves just for kicks. Honestly, she must have got off pushing his buttons despite the calm demeanor he acted upon. Eneru would simply lean forward and facepalm.

At the voice of his flame did his gaze motion to the Fae teasing his luck, removing her bountiful bum he scolded to keep stationed in his lap. No longer than a minute or so was the Fae tossing him to the wolves as predicted, taking yet another swig to cope at the request. "Maybe..." he groaned, minding his business while Chance carried on with her banter and other tolerance. Eneru would continue fiddling with his drink all until a body hitting the floor caused the incubus to turn slightly in his seat, lowering his gaze to the second incubus almost ashamed. How clueless could this guy get? He was pretty mindful of what he said earlier, tempted to spit lashings if not for Chance who deserved more his attention than anyone here. The same familiar embarrassment that arose when a certain "Master Incubus" entered the ONS. It was pathetic really, a memory he'd like to forget because for a first was he disappointed in his own lineage. Dear God...

Again did his lover's voice meet his ears, a smirk crossing his lips at the comment and then a chuckle. "It's more then a few issues. It's almost everything," he followed the teasing, taking yet another drink of his sake before his gaze fell on the busty Fae. Contaigous was her smile, snickering under his breath given a playful salute. At the request of leaving, Eneru was already to his feet, evident to how badly he wanted to spend the remaining night with his lover. "Yeah, yeah... Adventurous, right. Lead the way, Cap'n," he winked, waiting for the woman to carry herself out while he chased heel. The Incubus didn't want to stick around for much longer, assured fights would ensue between the two parties. An immediate threat they'd be in if they were to anger both him and Chance. Many have seen the monster Chance has proven to be time and time again.

But what monster could the incubus possibly turn into? A monster he much rather forget.

Eneru Killian
                                            "Stand at attention.
                                            And make sure you know the lines and yourself.
                                            Yet you'd say, "I'll be home alone again, waiting."

Original Bloodsucker

8,650 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Invisibility 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
User Image
▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅ xxxxxxxxxxZiggy Stardust xxxxxxxxxxxx«

You might have heard I run with a dangerous crowd;
We ain't too pretty, we ain't too proud,
We might be laughing a bit too loud...
But that never hurt no one!

"I'm not creepy!"

“Yeah, whatever you say.”
                                                Rolling her eyes as she spoke, Ziggy’s attention split between the strange Incubus and the Monk, reliant on one of them doing something interesting; which soon meant one of them would have an accident. Actually, it wasn't preordained or anything, just the luck of a clumsy demon trying to get used to new feet. Cracking a smile, the pink haired magician couldn’t help laughing – she was just that kind of person – and the sound was one without a doubt human. A snort first, followed by careless chuckles as her head shook back in forth, as though unable to believe it had happened to someone she assumed was gifted with supernatural reflexes. “Oh, you’re too cute. But not in that way, Bubba. I don’t swing that way.” Easing herself back into her seat, Ziggy tapped fidgeting digits on the table top and hummed quietly, amused by the state of affairs within the bar.

“I’m telling you, he’s not scary.” Commented the girl towards the holy man, her eyes widened a tad as she looked over to where he had wandered off to make drinks. “I don’t know what his motives are, but I highly doubt I’m his first choice when it comes to a meal.” Truth be told, she didn’t mind the snarky comments from others, and though she knew she’d be hearing more from others in due time, it didn’t seem to mute her own rude demeanor. “Besides, if I can’t poke fun, how will he feel accepted? He’s just another lost soul, etcetera etcetera. The fact he found his way here is astounding, considering how immobile he seems.” Clicking her tongue with a pause, she noted the glances she was receiving from Chance and Eneru, and her skin prickled slightly at the thought either of them had business with her.

It wasn’t that Ziggy didn’t like Eneru. No, no. It was more that Ziggy didn’t trust him because he was with Chance, and she didn’t trust Chance because the girl hadn’t been born yesterday. No one should trust Chance, as far as Ziggy was concerned, not after all the horrific things the Fae woman had been singlehandedly responsible. Was Ziggy the only one who remembered finding a disemboweled Arteo in the woods, torn limb from limb and crying? Of course no one else would keep up with those details, but that was just another occupation the endlessly busy necromancer picked up. Chronologically, the story was pretty open to interpretation, being she was just an eyewitness account, regardless how many massacres were stumbled upon. Maybe she had zoned out a bit while falling back on such thoughts, but she snapped to when addressed by a voice she hadn’t heard in some time; at least, not directed at her.

"Always the smartmouth, huh, Ziggy..."

“Would you have me any other way?” Ziggy quipped openly; still mindful she was talking to an owned man in front of his mistress. Whatever anger the two felt would be a combined effort, and though the jack of all trades with coral hair was constantly coming up with new tricks to try out, she didn’t know if her bag of magic’s reached deep enough to save her from whatever hole she dug. Still, far be it from here to play stupid and act like she wasn’t causing a bit of a stir – though this was tame and Eneru would have to admit that. “Why don’t you and your lovely lady go find a nice alley to ******** in, hm?” Overstepping her boundaries just a tad was Ziggy’s style, so even as a new creeping cold seemed to fill her lungs, she refused to freak out over it. Instead, she was once more preoccupied by the other patrons and their conversations, as any good eavesdropping con artist should.

Darlin', only the good die young~

2,825 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
User Image

Kreed was able to change his appearance, to a point, but he often never bothered to. He was a prince and there was no shame in his hooves where he came from. They were normal. But in this place... The rules seemed drastically different.

"Are you alright?"

"Fine!" The incubus shouted, finally pulling himself up straight. His pale cheeks were a tad bit rosy. How embarrassing.
Golden eyes looked up, then to the side. People were starting to stare at him. He was not blending in, not in the least. But was that a bad thing? If he stood out more, then it would draw more attention to himself and thus, he would have better luck finding food. It made perfect sense. This Ziggy girl must have been impaired in some way. She was unlike any girl he'd encountered. The women back home were pleasant and threw themselves at him.
Kreed was starting to get home sick without even realizing it.

His eyes darted to the blond woman who came near him. She was... captivating, for a human. In fact, Kreed was surprised how beautiful some of the women were away from home.
The incubus swallowed hard, then looked to the other incubus in the room, the one that seemed to follow this one around. He wasn't afraid... he was just being... cautious. Kreed may have been royalty, but the other incubus looked stronger. Kreed didn't want her that badly.
"I'll be just fine." He responded, his cheeks still hot. If he were going to embarrass himself he would have rather it not been around women. Kreed had terrible luck.

His attention was brought back to Ziggy. He arched a brow and tilted his head. "Don't swing that way? What does that mean?" As far as Kreed was concerned, there were no boundaries when it came to "interest".

Original Bloodsucker

8,650 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Invisibility 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
User Image

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅ xxxxxxxxxxxxChance Arden xxxxxxxxxxxx«
I need you to feel this,
I can't stand to burn too long.
Release inside of me.
For one sweet moment, I am whole.

Did she notice the other Incubus? Of course. Really, it was hard not to take notice of someone attractive in a place so… Unattractive in nature. A dirty slum tavern filled with the world’s finest outcasts, with little more to its resume than a view of the docks. Yeah, Chance had kept a watch over the happenings of this particular stranger just as she had with the masked fellow and his female companion; these were things one couldn’t afford to miss, especially if that certain person viewing the patrons was always on the lookout for hunters and the like. You didn’t get a reputation quite like Chance’s without cracking a few heads and if there was one thing assured, somebody had beef with her – but not just one somebody. Oh no, that would be an understatement, to say the least. Try hundreds of ‘somebodies’ with varying reasons from dead relatives to hired goons. Still, there she stood in all her white trash glory, shirt too tight and skirt cut too low, alive and well.

Everybody wanted a piece of the champ.

But Chance was no human, despite appearances based off her glamour, and those luminous eyes of hers were testament to whatever sort of otherworldly phenomenon she happened to be. Not that it mattered to those around her; based off her appearance, she was quite the stunning specimen. Never had she gone without a meal, lodging or a good ********, so in the eyes of said beast, life was rather good. Lifting a free hand to twirl one long golden lock, the Fae abomination let her vision fall on the stumbling, bumbling Incubus, and a smile adorned her delicate features. She’d make eye contact if he let her, though it was a very uncomfortable gaze to meet, like seeing into the swirling hues of an unknown predator. Everyone seemed to ignore that fact initially, but it was just that sort of look that got men killed, regardless how strong willed they imagined themselves being. “Can I help you?” So it was asked, a question to pry into the inner workings of the unknown being, as if calling him out in a fashion best suited for his race. Why exactly did he look her way, and what did he hope to accomplish by catching her attention?

Maybe it was her concentration on the male that eased her from striking out at Ziggy, because as far as the blond was concerned, the comment was a bit too accurate for the necromancers own good. Was it a crime to take a good pounding in a back alley? Goddess help anyone who tried to deny the Fae when the mood hit her; she’d take what she wanted, regardless the outcome. “Ziggy, isn’t it past your bed time? Little girls like you shouldn’t linger in places like this so late. Could be bad for your health…” Her smile continued to beam, void of her internal conflict between personal choice and sinister thoughts. After all, the monster within didn’t have full control, despite how adamant it was to claim it did. The Caetos only bothered her when it was in need of sustenance and tonight it was sated in that respect. Her plans with Eneru were hers alone, and not a soul within her or the Bar could come between Chance and her wayward lover.

Taking a few steps towards the door, Chance waited to see what Eneru was up to before the two took their leave. Lords forbid he have some commentary for anyone in the One Night Stand and she interrupted it by rushing him. They had time, after all. It was just her libido talking when she acted to make a quick getaway, working to usher the couple elsewhere so they weren’t rutting on the bar room floor like the animals they truly were. Still, he’d have to be timely with his quips if he didn’t want Chance to drag him away by that pretty hair of his; after all, her patience was finite and waned when sex was involved.

User Image

"What a strange illusion it is to suppose that beauty is goodness."

Divine Gatekeeper

13,075 Points
  • PvP 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Frozen Solid 200
XXXXXXXXXXXXXX a d e xxx a r l e q u i n
xxxxxxxxxxxxUser Image

User Image

THEXXMAGIXXOFXXSPACE

Jade sat idly by whilst Nathan talk and talked at her. It wasn't that his words bored her per say. It was that she'd feel rude to interrupt him now that he started to actually open up. Though, when he started going on about not wanting to share because it wouldn't be, 'family friendly', the girl couldn't help but wrinkle her nose at him. That just would not do. Jade was a powerful mage who worked for an organization more evil than she could ever imagine being. With but a though she could flay men's bodies apart and hurtle them into the sun. "Treating people just based on how they appear on the surface is a dangerous habit to live your life by. That especially applies to how you plan to talk to me from her on out." Once more, that glare came back into her otherwise beautiful green hues. This one lingered though, only softening somewhat so that she could continue with her compromise.

"How about this, humor me a little bit and I'll give you your drink back. And if at the end of it you desire to be alone to yourself I'll abide by that as well." The childish char she held in her eyes faded so as not to sully the impact of her promise, but as soon as she'd finished, it was back in a flash. As a good show of faith to go with what she'd said, the magi of space waved her hand mindlessly in the air. The exact same bottle that had been taken from the man prior was now standing none the worse for wear within Nathan's grasp. "Perhaps if you tell me a story I can tell you one of my own. After all, with someone of my talents there must be a story or two of value I can relay." Jade was even more giddy than before at the thought of talking more to the man about herself. That was because the girl absolutely loved to talk to others, no matter what the subject matter or situation. The excitement was killing her; even if the man didn't choose to share, she'd tell her story and be off. Probably a little peeved, but thankfully for Nathan, her anger was typically short lived.

User Image

〖ℴℴc :〗

Divine Gatekeeper

13,075 Points
  • PvP 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Frozen Solid 200
User Image

xxxxxxx xxxxxxx
Braelin
xxxxxxx xxxxxxx

▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀▀▀▀▀

User Image

Inside the their shared room, no, den at last, Braelin's body practically fell to the floor. His hand gripped the end of the bed frame to keep his tiny form upright thankfully. It was too much for him at the moment. He could only take so much stimulus at once. The tiring journey from his master's home to the city, traveling around simply trying to find the bar, and then the emotional flood of actually finding Cheswick again. No matter how strong he is, or had become, his mind just couldn't handle the stress and started to slowly shut down for some much needed rest.

Looking down at his clothes he nearly screamed at how weak he was to be manipulated like this. Forced to be the puppet of a man whose foul machinations more than planned to use the boy for all of his worth and then throw him out like a used up match - a brief flare for what could either be a critically important purpose, or a brief, momentary need. Steadying himself, he tore his jacket off of himself and tossed it at the opposite end of the bed. Underneath dress shirt soaked in sweat, his small frame held burnt out artificial muscles, though not that one could tell his body was but that of a golem. What a strange creature he is, no purpose in life, switching master to master whenever one used held no more use of the boy. At least none of them had permanently disposed of him. Zeno though, in his mind he knew the cruel man was not going to leave a loose end like himself just wandering around.

Finally, after what seemed like ages, Braelin tuned to face Cheswick; the only friend he had in this world which just seemed in constant motion against him. The closest person whom he could consider being in love with, even if it was childish and unconditional. If he could run away with the girl, he would. To keep her safe under his care could quite possibly the greatest dream he held. How closely his body remained tied to Zeno's control shattered any such thoughts and desires, however. If his master willed it, he would strangle the wolf in her sleep and go back to serving the next day without a second thought. And Braelin would rather die than do that, if only he could.

His pale hands slapped his face to rid him of such ideas though, the digits quickly working to take off the dampened fabric clinging to his torso. "Can we lay down together right now?" Any hint of bashfulness that the boy held was lost around Cheswick, deep green hues staring straight into her own. Really, he could only be like this around the woman. "I...need to rest for a while." Dropping the shirt to the floor, Braelin staggered over to the pile and collapsed face first into it, a light thump knocking up the stay dust that had collected over time. Still, that didn't stop him from talking to the silver wolf. "I need you with me. I couldn't bear to come all this way only to have you get taken away in a moment of my weakness." If he could move his body properly, he'd have looked to Cheswick in his most serious of expressions to emphasize how much he wanted to to stay with him. Childish as it was, he felt that if she was right there next to him that nothing could happen to her.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Questionable Conversationalist

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
blank in your head
yeah it’s hard to accept
the loss that you feel
isn’t easy to heal
Naтнanιel Sтraтғord

Jade certainly had a point when it came to the whole appearances can be deceiving thing, but there comes a point where one either stops caring, or are capable of dealing with just about anything. Both of these rang true for Nathan. He'd been around long enough that concern for his own well-being was never really at the forefront of his mind. Death was just something that happened, at least in his opinion. Not good, not bad, just... neutral. Hell, after dying as many times as he had, death lost the whole factor of scariness that comes with it being unknown. As for being able to handle whatever came his way, the fact that he was still alive proved that well enough.

"Fair enough. But you have to admit, you do appear to be quite young. As for how the tone of this conversation will continue... well, I'm sure you're a mass of terrifying power, but that doesn't really concern me. I don't experience pain, and I've already died a handful of times. So whatever you're capable of, I'm sure I've had much worse. That doesn't mean I'll be unfriendly, though."

His words sounded almost mechanical, like he'd been through this whole spiel before, but the smile he gave Jade seemed genuine enough. Not long after speaking he ceased rocking in his chair, allowing all four legs to come back into contact with the floor.

"I suppose I can indulge your curiosity. The most recent event of note in my life would probably have to be how I lost the person I love, showed mercy to a Fae who probably didn't deserve it, and, subsequently, I decided to leave this place for a while."

Pausing to take a short breath, since that was a bit of a long-winded summary, he continued.

"Well, most of the bar's regulars would be able to tell you that a maid named Annabelle used to work here. I say used to because she's dead now, but I'll get to that later. Anyway, the two of us eventually fell in love. Skipping forward a bit, we decided to have a picnic one day. Things were going fine, but then something I could best describe as a meteor broke through the clouds, and headed straight for the two of us. I managed to walk away relatively unscathed, because of what I am, but Annabelle... wasn't so lucky. Taking a closer look, I saw that it wasn't a chunk of rock that fell from the sky, but a certain Fae. I can honestly say that was the first time I ever let my anger completely take hold of me. I almost took her wings off, which would have killed her, except her lover decided show up out of nowhere. I still had plenty of time to rip her wings clear off, but for some reason I still don't understand, I let go. After that I left the One Night Stand for a while, since I had no reason to stay, and just roamed the world for a while. Until I found my way back, that is."

Nathan seemed lost in thought for a while, but quickly snapped back to reality. Running a hand through his hair, he leaned back slightly in his chair.

"Anyway, that was my story, how about yours?"

Lonely Scamp

The monk frowned a bit, feeling bad for Kreed regardless of the fact that he was an incubus. Tenkai surely had no reason to feel bad for a demon, but he couldn't help it. He was too good-natured for schadenfreude, and it was the first time he had ever seen a demon become embarrassed. Now the other incubus and buxom blonde over at the other end of the bar counter approached them, drawn to the incubus' sudden spill. Tenkai knew that demons of this nature loved being centers of attention, so perhaps this wasn't really embarrassment at all.

"I guess you're right," he replied to the pink-haired necromancer. "Please, excuse me for a moment."

While the four of them had their talk, Tenkai made his way over to the open bar that the bartender had pointed out to him earlier. It was best that he use it, if not just to give the poor fellow time to get everything in order. He could tell by the taste of his last drink that his mixing wasn't really impaired by being groggy, but Shirley Temples weren't that hard to mix anyway. The open bar probably didn't have as many selections as the actual bar itself, but it seemed like it was stocked with enough to suit his purposes.

As the monk fiddled around with the open bar, he could hear bits and pieces of the conversation going on between the four patrons back at the counter. He heard the blonde woman refer to his pink-haired acquaintance as Ziggy, probably the first name he had heard all night. Like a few of the others, she seemed to be a regular of this particular bar and was acquainted with the blonde and her mauve-haired incubus companion. Humans like Tenkai didn't have the same kind of hearing that other races did, but the fact that he didn't hear most of the conversation was less about that and more about not wanting to eavesdrop. This bar had given him little reason to do so in the first place, and for once the monk wanted to relax rather than play detective like he usually did. Most of the bars he visited were filled with dangerous non-humans and mages anyway, so it made no difference as long as things were going smoothly.

Tenkai returned to his seat just around the time the Fae had finished speaking, stepping towards the door. The tension that had been in the air between her and the incubus seemed to have abated, and it looked like they had some other business elsewhere. A shame, though Tenkai, his innocent good nature making him fond of company in spite of how unusual it was for a man of his nature to be in a place like this. But he was not without company nonetheless. He placed the two drinks he had mixed at the open bar on the counter, another Shirley Temple for himself and a vodka and tonic for Ziggy.

"There you go," he said, with the same cute-faced ( 3nodding ) smile plastered on his face. "Enjoy."

Unfortunately for Ziggy, Tenkai was not a bartender. Whatever skills he actually possessed, mixing drinks did not seem to be one of them. It wasn't terrible, but the vodka-to-tonic ratio was noticeably off, and he had over-garnished both of the drinks. Practically half of his glass was filled with maraschino cherries. They tasted alright, but they probably would have tasted much better if they were prepared by the actual bartender. But it couldn't be helped, really.

As the wise man said, you get what you pay for.
Oh my oh my, what a fortuitous day. A translator for little ol' him. That was a treat. It seemed this man and the bird had no trouble understanding English, which was a stroke of good luck to be sure. "So, you're Fiachra, tall foreign and dark over there is Selas. You know, oddly enough, your names sound as though they should be flipped to me. There's something very feminine about the name Selas. Then again, different cultures and languages often have different ways, don't they?" He paused for a moment, the great trick appeared to be nothing more than transforming from bird to a more humanoid shape. In that regard, yes he could preform it. It wasn't called anything so grand where he'd come from, but what the hell. He was getting some world experience here.

"Yes, yes. The Great Trick is something I can do. Is it something your people can do usually, or are you two special in some regard? Excuse me, once I get started I've been told I'm pretty hard to stop. Like a snowball kind of thing. Slippery slope. All of that noise." Huginn dismissed the notion and his own words with a wave of his hand, even as he continued speaking. "I have a few other questions, if you'll humor me a little."

Aged Reveler

User ImageUser Image

SELAS LAUTARI
╔═══════════════════╗
Te shordjol muro rat,
Te pabaren mange memelia.

╚═══════════════════╝

"Name is given by spirit..... Not how you say." She stated simply folding her hands in her lap as Selas kept to himself. He had heard his name but decided not to respond to it seeing as she clearly wasn't talk to him. Selas was obviously uncomfortable since he couldn't really join in the conversation.

"I can do The Great Trick, yes, but Selas... We do not know. We have lost many memories." she said sullenly her head slightly bowed forward as if she were looking at the table. Huginn had apologized to something about a ball but she couldn't catch more than that since as he just kept talking.

"Please speak plainly... It is... hard to keep up." She apologized softly.
"You may question. Yes." she added quickly looking from the corner of her eye to Selas. His eyes were clearly closed seeing as the red ruby on the forehead of the mask was open and observing its surroundings instead.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff