Witty Genius

10,350 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Signature Look 250
Desna
((*hugs*
I hope you are doing well.))
((I am. Balancing working from home and having kids, and having ADD... It's a struggle, but at least we're healthy and still employed. How are you? *hugs*)).

Lonely Phantom

Cryostix
Desna
((*hugs*
I hope you are doing well.))
((I am. Balancing working from home and having kids, and having ADD... It's a struggle, but at least we're healthy and still employed. How are you? *hugs*)).

((Wish work was better, but not awful. Dealing with stress and the like, but managing. Health... ugh. I'm not dead yet. The time change and things getting dark sooner always messes hard with my head. My sleep schedule is messed up and I keep ending up with about 5 or less hours of sleep, only catching 30min cat naps every once in a while. On top of my usual insomnia. It'll probably be December before things become normal-ish again.

Glad you are doing well, all things considered. Hopefully the kids aren't driving you too crazy.))

Witty Genius

10,350 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Signature Look 250
Desna
((Wish work was better, but not awful. Dealing with stress and the like, but managing. Health... ugh. I'm not dead yet. The time change and things getting dark sooner always messes hard with my head. My sleep schedule is messed up and I keep ending up with about 5 or less hours of sleep, only catching 30min cat naps every once in a while. On top of my usual insomnia. It'll probably be December before things become normal-ish again.

Glad you are doing well, all things considered. Hopefully the kids aren't driving you too crazy.))
((The kids are just... well, kids. They're a handful, but it's also a lot of fun to have them running around. The ADD is just not working with getting focussed when they're home and I got to work. I know what you mean though, I don't remember having a proper night. 5 hours is the max I get a night as well, and you feel that in your body, right? I know I'm getting older, but it feels like I'm nearing my 70s the way my back hurts sometimes... What happened to us, Des? lol It's good talking to you, though!))

Lonely Phantom

Cryostix
((The kids are just... well, kids. They're a handful, but it's also a lot of fun to have them running around. The ADD is just not working with getting focussed when they're home and I got to work. I know what you mean though, I don't remember having a proper night. 5 hours is the max I get a night as well, and you feel that in your body, right? I know I'm getting older, but it feels like I'm nearing my 70s the way my back hurts sometimes... What happened to us, Des? lol It's good talking to you, though!))

((I really hope my sleep gets back on track soon. I only got 5 hours last night. Two hours more than the night before. Blurgh... @_@
Life got to us! Wish I could get a good back massage.
It's good talking to you, too. ^__^ ))

Witty Genius

10,350 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Signature Look 250
Desna
((I really hope my sleep gets back on track soon. I only got 5 hours last night. Two hours more than the night before. Blurgh... @_@
Life got to us! Wish I could get a good back massage.
It's good talking to you, too. ^__^ ))
((Yeah, life sweatdrop I really do feel like a meme sometimes, like how troubled I thought I was as a teen, while in fact I had it pretty good, and now I even worry about the price of cheese... Also, my back is a real pain... Maybe being on Gaia can give me some of that youthfulness back lol ))

Lonely Phantom

Cryostix

((The more you live life, the more perspective and clarity you get about things in the past. And, usually, appreciation for the simplicity of it all. @_@ I'll take an end of the year exam right now over doing taxes.
Do you do any creative writing?))

Witty Genius

10,350 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Signature Look 250
Desna

((Funny you should ask. On 18 October 2020 my first ya dystopian novel got published. It's written in Dutch, as it is very much an end-of-the-world in the Netherlands kinda story, but it's a 300-page book 1 of a 2-part series. It is very well-received, so I am extremely happy with that. It's not like I'm getting rich with it, as Dutch ya is not that popular of a genre, it can still garner a 2000+ fanbase. My first print was 300 copies and has nearly sold out in less than a month.))

Lonely Phantom

Cryostix
Desna

((Funny you should ask. On 18 October 2020 my first ya dystopian novel got published. It's written in Dutch, as it is very much an end-of-the-world in the Netherlands kinda story, but it's a 300-page book 1 of a 2-part series. It is very well-received, so I am extremely happy with that. It's not like I'm getting rich with it, as Dutch ya is not that popular of a genre, it can still garner a 2000+ fanbase. My first print was 300 copies and has nearly sold out in less than a month.))

((Wow! Congrats! Wish I could read Dutch. XD So did you self-publish or work with a company?
I've been working on books that I hope to publish some day. That would be the dream. Even just getting a 2000+ fan base would be great by me.))

Witty Genius

10,350 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Signature Look 250
Desna
((Wow! Congrats! Wish I could read Dutch. XD So did you self-publish or work with a company?
I've been working on books that I hope to publish some day. That would be the dream. Even just getting a 2000+ fan base would be great by me.))
((I entered a contest and got in the final ten (out of 400). The first prize was a publishing contract, but unfortunately I didn't win that. After the contest, I got some feedback from editors that acted as contest judges and I started rewriting. Then I sent out my manuscript and I got a call back from a very small independent publisher saying she read with great interest and was familiar with the story from the contest. So I got picked up and then started rewriting again, this time with an editor from the publisher. But keep in mind there were like 15+ rejections before this, lol. The bright side of being in the Netherlands and writing in Dutch is that you don't really need an agent. Keep trying, though. I'm sure you'll get your story out!))

Lonely Phantom

Cryostix
Desna
((I entered a contest and got in the final ten (out of 400). The first prize was a publishing contract, but unfortunately I didn't win that. After the contest, I got some feedback from editors that acted as contest judges and I started rewriting. Then I sent out my manuscript and I got a call back from a very small independent publisher saying she read with great interest and was familiar with the story from the contest. So I got picked up and then started rewriting again, this time with an editor from the publisher. But keep in mind there were like 15+ rejections before this, lol. The bright side of being in the Netherlands and writing in Dutch is that you don't really need an agent. Keep trying, though. I'm sure you'll get your story out!))

((Oh, wow! Congrats on the final 10! That's impressive coming out of 400. I entered a contest once and nothing ever really came of it aside from "you didn't win anything". That was a long time ago, though. I've never really been motivated to enter anything after that.
Just 15 rejections and one call back is better than dozens of rejections and no answer. Which I know of a lot of people who have had that happen to them.
Maybe. Who knows if I ever will. I'll just keep my fingers crossed that some day it might happen. I've got three different stories going, all different. I wish I had more people in my life that liked fantasy stories to bounce ideas off of/provide feedback. I'm kind of doing this all on my own, with the occasional commentary from my dad.

So are you working in book 2?))

Witty Genius

10,350 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Signature Look 250
Desna

Maybe. Who knows if I ever will. I'll just keep my fingers crossed that some day it might happen. I've got three different stories going, all different. I wish I had more people in my life that liked fantasy stories to bounce ideas off of/provide feedback. I'm kind of doing this all on my own, with the occasional commentary from my dad.

So are you working in book 2?))
((That's what I miss most about Gaia and the old gang. We could just casually talk about our ideas and present stories. I also miss that type of feedback...

Yeah, so I've plotted the second part in the series and have a pretty elaborate outline. All I need to do is actually write the parts in now, but I've been procrastrinating for a while now, I really should get back to it sweatdrop It's just that the past two years have been dominated by writing the first one, that I need to reset my brains for a second. I have a good year to finish this one, so I should be fine...))

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff