Welcome to Gaia! ::

Sarcastic Daredevil

Considering Kalath was not exactly known for resorting to his breath weapon, it was not a surprise that Gustave took a moment to actually fully register the question Kalath had asked regarding the Kobolds' tolerance to fire. However, it made every bit of sense to the 'elf', in hindsight, how dumb his question had really been, considering the explanation Gustave had given not long prior.
Now, due to this embarrassing little derp on Kal's part, he found his cheeks heating as a crimson flushed his cheeks over the course of Gustave's re-emphasis. To hide this, Kalath kept ahead, refusing to glance back at the other as he pushed ahead. His gaze even focused on the light-sources as they approached.
By the time the topic had adjusted to speak more on the intelligence and ability of the creatures, the anticipation that the kobolds had likely planned a way to handle the two, the dragon's embarrassment had been forgotten.

Even more was the interest of the tunnel opening into a larger chamber, and the golden humanoid slowed his step as he turned his gaze to examine his surroundings, from the waterfalls to the hanging ropes, from the floor his bare feet fell upon to the walls that held the room. He was more interested in the idea of perhaps utilizing this discovery, future plans for after he would, undoubtedly, clear out the lesser creatures from the caves. Then came Gustave's question, snapping the dragon back to the task at hand, and his illuminated gaze shifted its focus towards the smaller redhead.

The initial expression was that of a lifted brow, lips pursing in puzzlement about the manifestation of his wings, before he managed to remind himself about Gustave's convenient adjustments to his ring enchantment. But then came the parting of golden lips, and a small puff of disapproving smoke.
"Well, I suppose. But I did just go through the effort of getting this shirt on, and I'd rather not ruin it."

Cry a ******** river.
Kalath would shake his head at himself as he closed the distance between himself and his partner, holding the sword that had been given to him out to be taken. Unless, of course, he was initially given a way to keep his sword arm free. a scabbard upon a belt? Regardless, the shirt problem needed to be remedied, considering that, unlike Gustave's spectral wings, Kalath's would have been tangible, real, and very much capable of tearing one of his only shirts currently able to properly fit his form. Fortunately, instead of actually going through the process of unequipping Gustave's goodies, the redhead thought to instead reach back and lift his shirt.

Unlike the magical eruption Gustave had mustered, Kalath's process was a bit slower and more strategic. From the skin stretching as the structures formed, to the scales budding and the adjusted pigmentation of the webbing that stretched from the base of the wings down to the base of his tail. Awkward was potentially a good way to describe the events, perhaps, and during that time, Kalath certainly felt rather vulnerable: as if he were performing some sort of biological function he didn't exactly want to be seen doing. However he made effort to show no signs of this embarrassment, and simply released the back of his shirt that he had been gripping to rest upon the base of his loosely-folded wings.

A luminescent gaze would turn itself back to Gustave, who clearly had an idea of what exactly to do, or where to go.

"I'll... follow your lead this time."

Company: Gustave

Spooky Mittens

Benevolent Spook

15,600 Points
  • Buggin' 500
  • Full closet 200
  • Candy Fiend 150
Gustave stood by and watched as Kalath shifted partially. The smallsword had been held out for Gustave to hold while Kalath did his thing. He wouldn't have to take the shield because it left Kal's hand free of course, but while he waited for Kalath to finish up he got to thinking. Hmmm, now that I think about it, Kobolds use pretty heavy weapons. He decided to put that thought aside for a minute as he slipped the smallswords back into his bag of holding and started fishing around again. Even as he did this, he kept an eye on Kalath's wing sprouting.

Part of him wanted to see this done just to see the limitations of his enchantment at work. It was such a fluid thing, very flexible in the way Kalath could shift. This could maybe get dangerous if Kalath ever loses control. He would think to himself as he observed the little shirt-lifting ritual. Gustave could relate though, it was probably better not to destroy ones own clothing for no good reason. When all was done, Gustave pointed down the first drop-off where he and Kalath currently stood.

"I'll go first, just in case, and you follow right as my feet touch the bottom. . . Hmm."

Gustave finished digging out the objects he sought from his bag. This time, a couple of cutlasses. They were pretty thick bladed, single edged naval swords in the same vein as a saber, but shorter and sometimes heavier. These had fairly plane solid guards on them that protected the hand rather well. Gustave would hand the longer of the two off to Kalath simply because he was taller by a large margin. While waiting for Kalath to take the weapon, Gustave would stare at his wings in admiration for a moment while he explained the change.

"It just occurred to me that Kobolds like to use big heavy clubs as their main weapon. Smallswords are really only good at fighting other smallswords or even shorter weapons."

Once that was done, Gustave would take a step over the ledge with his wings outstretched. He gripped the rope on his right hand but he kept himself well away from the wall as he descended. Allowing himself to simply glide down and using the rope to just control where he fell. Once there, he would step away from the stone wall. There were two light rods down here, nearly completely faded and providing only enough light to illuminate Gustave's form. He had a funny feeling like something was watching him, but his life-senses were failing him at the moment. He kept his eyes peeled and stood guard until Kalath made his way down as well.

Who With?
Kalath

Where At?
Kobold Caves

Numrigaaz

Sarcastic Daredevil

Heavier weapons? With his limited knowledge in weaponry and combat, Kalath hardly felt there would have been a difference in performance for him between the two types of swords against the suggested kobold arms. However no argument was made as he took up the new weapon, instead turning his gaze upon it as he examined it with curiosity, wings fluttering slightly as he worked to maintain his balance with the new addition to his shape by leaning forward and adjusting what weight fell where.

He would watch as Gustave took the lead as he had hoped, taking note of how Gustave guided himself by making use of the ropes. It was not until the shorter redhead finally landed that Kalath followed the example given.

Bigger wings meant a weaker point in agility, and Kalath struggled a bit in guiding himself in such a small area, but once the cave began to open up towards the bottom, movement felt a bit easier. Not to mention, the 'claustrophobia' cleared a bit.

Now, upon his own landing as close to Gustave that he could manage without knocking him over, Kalath found himself peering into the unlit areas, looking around with the aid of a third eye that exposed itself just above the center of his brows. Sure, the light of the rods blinded him slightly to the darkened areas, but he anticipated that he could at least see outlines, or movements. Shapes within the darkness.

Spooky Mittens

Benevolent Spook

15,600 Points
  • Buggin' 500
  • Full closet 200
  • Candy Fiend 150
As Gustave awaited Kalath's descent, he took a step or two nearer the darkness with his sword arm held out before him at about waist height. He could smell something quite strange, like a pungent incense of some sort masking his senses. In a way, this scent gave away what was about to happen, but it seemed to be preventing Gustave's other senses from working quite as well. These kobolds are quite smart, this is going to be more dangerous than I thought. He would think to himself just as Kalath set his feet down.

"They're using an aerosol toxin of some sort. I can't sense them at all. . ."

Gustave would muse aloud as he took in the scent a bit more. It's scent absolutely awful and his heightened sense of smell caused him to cringe at it as he draw his shield hand up to his nose in disgust. Odd. . . Kobolds aren't usually this clever. They were taught this by someone, they must have been. Gustave would think as he stepped up to the first light rod. No sooner had he knocked the glass-like apparatus with his foot than a tiny wooden spear came flying out of the shadows towards his gut. Thrown, like a javelin, Gustave barely had any time to react to it. A step back and to the left, and a swipe with his shield arm down sent the wooden shaft veering off course and scraping Gustave on his right hip.

"s**t! Ambush!"

This had been exactly what Gustave was afraid would happen. His call-out signaled the kobold ambush party to rush out into the dimly lit area. Two of them flanked Kalath, and three of the surrounded Gustave in a semi-circle formation. Each of them was armed with a tiny wooden club covered in metal beads, but one of them also carried a heavy mattock.

The leader of the group, clearly, this pickaxe wielding kobold led the charge at Gustave with his weapon raised, ready to sink it right through Gustave's chest with a heavy blow. Gustave would swipe this blow to the side with his cutlass, using the curve of the blade to direct the pickaxe away. While at the same time he would deliver a punch towards the Kobold's neck. They didn't have a lot of armor so clearly their main goal in here wasn't combat outright. The spike on the end of Gustave's hungarian forearm shield would find it's way into that particular assailant's neck, right though his wind pipe. Gustave would shove him off with a knee strike to the jaw, and the creature would stumble back with a gurgle from his throat-hole. This wasn't enough to put him down outright, but he was moving much slower now and wouldn't last long.

The next two would lunge in as well with their clubs up. Gustave would dispatch them easily first by stabbing the one on his left in the neck as he lifted his club to make a strike. Easy-peasy, this creature was unskilled in many things, combat was certainly one of them. The second would be dealt with by Gustave raising his shield up to meet the club as it cam swinging in horizontally. A simple off-angle parry and a rotation in his forearm allowed Gustave to direct much of the force of the blow past him, letting the club pass below his arm and whiff entirely. This would be answered by a harsh slash across the kobold's chest and neck, the weighty cutlass biting deep into his tough leathery skin due to the power Gustave would pack behind such a strike at this angle.

As for Kalath. . .

The first Kobold would run up at him from the right, club raised to swing a blow for Kalath's right knee. He seemed intent on taking it from behind. The Kobold to Kalath's left, however, had different plans. He charged in just slightly after with his club raised high above his head, fully intent on bashing Kalath somewhere in his torso, or if the first kobold was successful, in his horned head.

Who With?
Kalath, AMBUSH!

Where At?
Kobold Caves

Numrigaaz

Sarcastic Daredevil

"Is that what that is?"

The third eye slid shut at Gustave's vocalizaton of his observation, the horned redhead taking note of the observation and connecting it to his own inability to really make much out from the darkness.
But really, what sort of toxin was capable of affecting him? Sure, Gustave was simply a human with some improved features and an appealing figure, but a superior being such a Kalath?
Perhaps it was the scent itself? These thoughts did not take very long, occurring over the span of only a couple moments, and the tail end was clearly defned by his shielded hand lifting with an interest in covering his nose.
However this objective was never actually fulfilled, as an object pierced its way out from within the darkness, successfully being deflected by his companion.

Gustave was already advanced upon, and quickly taking action against the creatures that targeted him. Kalath, on the other hand, was a little less certain what to to in reaction to the two that chose to flank him.
The dragon's first reaction was to get away from the first swing, his wings flaring open to potentially even knock the creatures away if the angle was appropriate. It was an act of defense to simply keep the creatures from his 'self', while his arms lifted to guard his head in the event that his wings happened to miss the kobolds.

If the kobolds were knocked away, Kalath would have taked a turn towards the left kobold, hoping that the creatures would have been at least knocked off balance if they were not prone, trying to thrust the sword forward to pierce at the creature, rather than actually dance about and slash here and there. Of course, that curved blade... A thrust probably was not going to work nearly as well as a hack or a slash.
Didn't mean he wasn't going to try, considering it was what he automatically thought to do, once he had be given the opportunity.

Spooky Mittens

Benevolent Spook

15,600 Points
  • Buggin' 500
  • Full closet 200
  • Candy Fiend 150
Things were going rather swimmingly, weren't they? Gustave was having a grand old time slaughtering these peons who'd probably only ever fought other untrained peons and wild beasts before. He could only assume that Kalath was having a similarly easy time of it behind him, but something sudden;y seemed off.

The quick opening of Kalath's wingspan sent a breeze up Gustave's back, chilling his neck with a damp cavern air. I would have thought he'd have kept those tucked. Gustave would think to himself as he drive the point of his cutlass into the kobold who was drowning in his own blood already. That shut his gurgling up right quick as his heart was stopped by sharp steel. Gustave turned his head as he pulled his weapon back out of the kobold before him and watched as Kalath was sort of cowering.

Kalath had succeeded in brushing the two kobolds after him off with a strong expansion of his wings. The first one who was set rather low was pushed back onto his butt, but otherwise fully capable of continuing as soon as he stood back up. The second one was set a bit higher up, so he fell on his back and began to crawl away. The surprise had made him let go of his club and he was trying to get it back. So as Kalath made for that one in particular, he would be plunging the tip of his cutlass right into the creature's back.

The disguised dragon would find that the skin of these creatures was quite tough actually, and a lot of force was needed to penetrate them. Slashes would have to be executed very well, and thrust required some body weight behind them, but it wasn't as if they were as tough as raw hide. So with relative ease by comparison, Kalath would end his first kobold! He might even find that the cutlass wasn't even all that bad for thrusting either (though probably not optimized for these targets specifically).

"Always mind your backside~"

Gustave would puff out as he zipped up along Kalath's back with a flutter of his own sparkly wings. A snappy downward slash would come from his left side, tagging that particular kobold along the forearms. You see, in the time it took Kalath to approach and stab his first kobold, the second had gotten to his feet and was now charging in to make a strike with his club. Gustave readily disarmed him by cutting across his forearms, though he didn't hack quite deep enough to literally "dis-arm" him. Bleeding from his hands and forearm, he would drop his club and attempt to turn on Gustave and bite at his ankles.

Feisty bugger, he rather caught Gustave off guard with that one, but he'd catch the spike from Gustave's shield hand right in the back of his neck as he lunged.

"Great. . . Now I've got him all over me!"

Gustave would complain as the creature collapsed onto Gustave's shoes, his hands still clutched around Gustave's leg.

Who With?
Kalath, Dead lizardmen!

Where At?
Kobold Caves

Numrigaaz

Beloved Knight

User Image

Spooky Mittens

Numrigaaz

Stains watched from the canyon ledge on high. His blue mask was half way plied up to his nose, his scarred mouth revealed as he practically slammed potato chips into his face. He crunched on them until he choked, gagging and grasping his throat dramatically. He heaved, and the stray chip rocketed out so hard it jagged itself into the hardened earth like a hot knife gliding into snow. Stains looked at the bag, then to the razor edged chip. "When they said all new ridges they weren't kidding!" He snuffed, tossing the bag haphazardly over the edge with little concern for the environment. He had been stalking people, as per usual, but upon chance encounter stumbled upon an old...friend?

"Nothing seals a friendship like a battle to the death." He acclaimed, spitting chips about to himself, alone, atop the cavern's lip. He spun around finger raised to the air. "It is my duty to create plot wherever it may transpire! So then, shall I be a hero.." He eyed the battle below, creeping on his stomach like an inch worm until his eyes barely slumped over the edge "..Or a villain? Hmmm." He rolled to his back and pondered with his head hanging over the cavern's length. He felt over his two pistols, the reassuring press of his katana sheaths laced against his back giving extra weight to this most serious of decisions. Wiping specks of Lays chips and spittle from his mouth, he tugged the rest of his mask over, completing his ensemble in all it's azure glory. Maybe he could play anti-hero? He shot up to his feet, eyes slitting as he took on a Western persona. "You better watch yourself amigo. I'm in this, for the mullah." His voice gruff and full of sand, he spit as if the taken on accent held a bad taste in his mouth. Anti-hero was far too played out in Gaia. Besides, Gustave knew he didn't actually sound like that. "He would totally blow my cool vibe..." Looking back over the edge, Stains noted the fighting was nearing an end. His utility belt mounted cell-phone buzzed, and the merc clicked on his blue tooth head-set. "Tammie, bay-bee. Talk to me. What's up?" He walked heel over toe precariously along the cavern's lip, "What do you mean a new agent? Quitting you can't quit! b***h I MADE YOU!" Stains whirled around, back to the edge of no return with only his toes keeping him still balanced upon it's edge. "Double? You want double?? Workers comp!? Danger to your health what! One time with a rocket launcher and you're all up in arms I mean... A union! ********, I didn't mean to shoot his face off, he had a fly on his nose, I thought i could..Well tell his wife I'll pay for the facial transplant, not much of a ********' loss guy was busted anyways!! No, you calm down! I'm not yelling!! I never yell!!! Oh..Oh. Well see here...Hmm...Fine, fine, just pen me in on thursday and we can discuss this when I get ba-"

He slipped and fell all the way down into the cavern, banging his head and limbs against dredged out stones and mesas all the while. He landed feet first, miraculously, in an explosive crouch that shuddered the surrounding terrain, forming a mini-crater around him from the intensity of his impact...

He stood, looking gallant as ever, dust panning around him like a scene from every mediocre B-list superhero film ever.

"Did I...look cool?"

He toppled over, his body half broken and his lips loosing a deep, guttural groan of pain. "That seriously hurt.."

He clicked at his head-set, face dragging against the dirt as he struggled to lift his head up. "Tammie, write me up for one automated wheel-chair. Thank you."

Sarcastic Daredevil

That.... Worked better than his hindsight had expected. Just after initiating the thrust, Kalath had suddenly found himself in a pool of regret, only to see that the thrusting of his blade ended pretty well; dying kobold and all. Sure, the creature was a bit more difficult to pierce than he assumed a human would have been, but it had been pierced all the same.

Considering Kalath had made something of a terrible mistake in ignoring the other kobold, the situation probably would have ended relatively bad had Gustave not gotten in the way. Fortunately for horned redhead, Gustave certainly came to his rescue, firing off a little quip and taking out the other kobold.
"Thanks."

After a twitching flutter of his thickened tail, the 'elf' would straighten his posture, planting both of his feet on the ground as he re-adjusted himself, taking in the sight of the dead creatures, his wings dwindling to nothing as his attention shifted towards a displeased Gustave. Those bloodied clothes had been a gift from him, even.

"You know," The taller redhead would begin. "This is why I can't get you anything nice."

It had been intended as an affectionate little joke, but his own amusement quickly dwindled as his attention pulled away to above him, catching the sounds (and eventually sight) of a strange blue-clad individual toppled their way down the cliff of the cave. Each time impact had been made, Kalath could feel himself twitch ever-so slightly. Despite the final impact landing perfectly feet-first and in a crouch, he found himself cringing, only capable of imagining what that sort of forceful impact could have done to such an individual.

As the dust began to fall, The redhead turned his gaze upon the individual, his ears twitching to the sound of their voice. It was at this moment, the redhead began to relax, his lips parting with a questioning "... Sure?"

Then came the flop, and Kalath found himself retreating ever so slightly.What terrible timing for such a distraction.

Company: Gustave, some dead kobolds, and a ponce that just fell from god-knows-where

Spooky Mittens

Killer of Suns

Benevolent Spook

15,600 Points
  • Buggin' 500
  • Full closet 200
  • Candy Fiend 150
Gustave would give a bit of a chuckle as he listened to Kalath scold him for getting his clothing dirty. Of course, these had been a gift from Kalath and Gustave had so thoughtlessly gotten them stained with blood. Even so, he took a step back from the kobold that now lay bleeding by his feet and made to walk towards Kalath to apologize when he heard the strangest sound.

A body, crashing against the stone walls here and there in a rapid descent. A blue-colored figure in spandex fell onto the same ledge as Kalath and Gustave with a sundering thump. Slightly startled by the suddenness of his arrival, Gustave wasn't quite sure what to think, so he instinctively wedged himself between Kalath and this newest figure with his sword and shield raised. However, he quickly came to recognize the other man and instantly his eyes narrowed. Of course, it had to be him. Only that man could manage falling through a mile of solid stone. . .

"Stains. . ."

Gustave would rumble, his deep baritone almost at a growl as he slightly relaxed his arms. This was probably the least opportune moment for Stains to show up, but that made the most sense didn't it? He had an uncanny ability to arrive just when he wasn't wanted and when he was least expected. It even caused Gustave to drop the whole aggressive front and even chuckle out loud, watching the battered man flop to the floor.

"What are you even doing here?"

Gustave would ask as he lowered his guard completely and started to pad his way over to where Stains was. He sucked in air very deeply as he strolled, gathering his arcane power within his gut as he went. He poured his emotion into this flame he was building, thoughts of fondness and compassion rather than the usual anger and hatred. Instead of spewing red hot flames, as he exhaled he would expel a wave of golden light. It looked like fire, and it was quite warm to the touch of course, but this was certainly not a flame in the usual sense. Warmth, a type of healing magic that Gustave had learned from a particular individual by the name of Augustin.

While Stains had a fairly advanced healing factor, this would simply speed the process along to a near instant recovery.

Who With?
Kalath, Dead Kobolds, and. . . Stains?!

Where At?
Kobold Caves

Numrigaaz

Killer of Suns

Kallistiae's Wife

Fashionable Consumer

"My apologies dear. Sometimes my brother somehow manages to think with his stomach, instead of his fat head."

H
e spoke in a cheery tone with a s**t eating grin on his face, refusing to look at his brother on purpose. He refrained from laughing, giggling even. Though his brother likely heard him laughing in his head. Maybe the girl laughed, and maybe she didn't. Hartia cared not, either way. Despite facing some sort of possible wrath or vengeance from his brother for ousting him like that in front of a stranger, he would still place his drink order.

"I could go for an Incredible Hulk. But don't mix it half and half, go more like three fourths Hypnotiq, one fourth Hennessee. On the rocks....OH! And please dear, do not shake or stir it."

H
e refreshed his smile for his more classic one. That sadistic Cheshire grin, flashing his fanged teeth to the girl as his big green eyes slightly narrowed. Goodness, if he smiled any harder one might swear his porcelain skin would crack.

OutlawD One
Spooky Mittens

Beloved Knight

Spooky Mittens

Numrigaaz

User Image

Stains tried his best to crawl backwards from the strange light. "Oh no, foreign radiation! It was your plan all along to shrink my d**k! I knew it, no....no! No, no, neveeer!!! NUUUU!!!" He squealed like a baby girl, the back of his forearm draping over his forehead as if he were in a Shakespearean tragedy. The light rippled over him and filled him with warmth, and immediately his demeanor changed. "Oh yah, dat's nice yah? And a little on ze rump yah?" He rolled over and spanked at his shiny blue a**. His form was rippled over with steely muscles that echoed the perfect contours of a Grecian sculpture, as if the golden ratio had been literally applied to him during his deranged childhood up until now, the sharp report of his own self afflicted spanking cracking down and through towards the cavern low. His bones mended where all had been shattered moments earlier, and Stains had never felt better! Positioning himself in a head stand he front flipped to his feet right in front of Gustave and gave him a little mock kiss on the cheek through his mask. "Thanks babe." He winked and flexed like the Adonis wannabe he was, dropping to one knee before raising his massive arms up like two horns upon a mechanical beast. "Do you like daddy's biceps? Hmmmm? You don't have to deny it Gustave, you saved me because I'm a beautiful man. It's my dazzling blue eyes, isn't it? My ravishing complexion?" He gave a charming wink as he rose up almost nose to nose with Gustave, his hot stinking breath close enough to smell the distinct stench of sour cream and onion chips mixed with old, no doubt fruit fly pocked banana bread. Or s**t. It mainly smelled like dog s**t. He whispered low into the warrior's ear, all the while stuffing an autographed picture of himself into the cuff of his savior's shirt collar. "It might not be the real thing, but you can wax one off later to me in your free time." He backed up and held a lone finger to his mouth, shushing any response Gustave may have had as he slowly stepped away. Falling backwards from this position he caught himself in a nimble hand stand. He walked on his hands over towards Kalath, legs overarching his back like the claws of a praying mantis. "Who's the rookie?" He pointed rudely with one jutted boot toe right into the dragon man's face. "I didn't know you did teamwork. Or did you guys just come down here to sword fight." Stains was up on his feet and beside Kalath in half a moment... His speed was uncanny, like that of a viper but even more so. His elbow roughly banged into Kalath, but not as an attack, just as a jabbing, playful gesture. "And I don't mean with real swords. Haha! Get it? I'm talking about your dicks!"

Regular comedian this one.

Slinging his arm around Kalath's shoulder he brought him in as if he were about to give him sage advice.

"Hey, kid..."

Stains would attempt to pull him in even closer, nearly kissing the face of his blue mask to the dragon man's ear..

"Want an autograph." His eyes so close would reveal them to be absolutely bloodshot, his pupils dilated like that of a deranged psycho killer hopped up on angel dust. They rolled in terrible fashion, and his heavy breath like the incoming tide would unwillingly roll over Kalath's senses at so close a range. Come to think of it, the entirety of Stain's kind of stank pretty badly, but that breath...

Before Kalath could die from suffocation, Stains would release him and begin pacing the length between the two in curt, precise steps.

"Ah, the question of the day. Two points for Hufflepuff... Why am I here you ask? Well isn't it obvious?"

He looked to the sky, eyes narrowing like an epic hero. He pulled on a safari hunter's cap, applying a monocle with his other free hand all the while. Where was he getting these props..

Taking on the persona of an older gent of a simpler time, he gruffly mumbled out, "I'm here of course, my fine sirs, to hunt the most surely of games!" He cringed and the monocle exploded out from his eye socket, the hat flying off as he spun to point towards the lower canyons even further below. "A beast! A creature of cunning, and swiftness. One who dwells in the bowels of the depraved darkness below..."

Suddenly his once cheery demeanor grew very dark and his brow furrowed into a tight knot, his higher pitched voice drooping into a gravely baritone. "A demon. One who cast it's mind in shadow from the shackled tempest of malice, the howling bridge between the nexus of the known, and the dreaded abyss forever twisted into perilous confusion from it's constant tapping at the Rift between worlds. It is it who stole the souls of hundreds of children, thousands of women, and millions of warriors much like ourselves, and hath perpetually raped their essences for eons past..."

He brightened up immediately. "And I'm gonna cut it's ******** head off. You know, cause I'm dah baddest ********. You hear that? BADDEST MOTHA' ******** COMIN' DOWN TO WRECK YO' s**t BOOOI!!!!" He gave the double bird to the blackness below, whooping and hollering in a circle before regaining whatever semblance of composure someone like himself could potentially gather.

"Didn't mean to interrupt your fap party, but what the hell are you ladies doing here yourselves?" He looked about at the dead Kolbolds. "Ah, I see. Killing local endangered sub species of semi intelligent reptilian humanoids. Very noble. And illegal. What's this about Gustave? What did these lizard people do to you? Ew. Gross.." He poked one with his foot before pressing his boot hard enough upon it's downed face to pop it's juicy black eyes right out of their sockets. "Reminds me of a Stretch Armstrong for some reason. God damn you are mangy as ********.." He lifted it up with one hand, noting the scale-mites scurrying over it's back and legs, the stench of nasty lizard carcass falling over his senses.

His eyes narrowed over Kalath. "What, Flagon boy can't speak lizard ********] language? I frown upon the killing of lesser entities, especially when ya'll obviously far surpass these simple creatures in prowess. What's your game hmm? You like disrupting ecosystems you have no business ******** with, or are you both just ******** assholes?" He rose, neck already bulging in rising agitation.

"You guys didn't even kill these dredges for money. That's cold, even in my book. So fair is fair. I spilled my guts.."

"So don't make me spill yours. What's your angle? You hunting the Grislemorph as well?"

Sarcastic Daredevil

'Stains'? So, Gustave knew this clown, then? Kalath would watch, puzzled, as Gustave approached the incredibly blue individual, breathing a healing flame upon the squirming individual. It wasn't until the male returned ti his feet and 'expressed his thanks' that a low rumble began to emanate from the horned elf's throat.

Every thing this individual known as 'Stains' did was quick and quirky. Actions and vocalizations he would have expected to view from a Saturday morning cartoon, even. It was rather strange to say the least. Despite such a level of comedy to be out of place for their current location and situation, Kalath quickly adjusted, despite his insecure posture of holding his shield and cutlass close as he watched the stranger 'flirt' with his partner, only to, moments later, have a boot toe in his face, causing him to nearly stumble back in uncertainty of how to react.

THEN there had been the quip about 'sword fighting', and Kalath was surprisingly accepting to the strange man closing the distance between the two, taking the elbow jabs in the light-hearted manner than they had been intended, although the words that fluttered with them created a flare of pink within his cheeks, his white-gaze flitting towards Gustave as if to cry 'help me', and only to be pulled back towards the foul-breathed clown before the 'offer' of an autograph had been given.

"I-"
Not that he could much respond, between the foul smell and the quick actions of the other individual, before much of an answer was given, Stains had already fluttered back to Gustave's initial question: WHY was Stains here, of all places?

The explanation was given with much build-up, and the elf found himself nearly leaning forward with anticipation of the storyteller's words. From the pits of darkness, of malice and absolute wretchedness, the souls of thousands. He was there to slay.. a demon?

Now, this might have seemed strange, but Kalath could not help but wonder that, if there were a demon living within the depths below his 'lair'.... Wouldn't he have found out about the demon sooner by one way or another?
Perhaps Stains had taken a wrong turn, and accidentally stumbled across he and Gustave's mini-adventure?

He watched as the other's direction of subject changed, as the individual picked up one of the scaly rodents and exam pined it after crushing its skull in.
"Well-"

Had Kalath not been the insecure type, he would have easily been able to continue his speech when Blue Boy turned his gaze towards him, despite the narrowing of his gaze, and beginning of spoken assumptions. The redhead quieted down, expelling a small cloud of dark smoke as his gaze lowered.

"To clarify," The horned elf would rumble, straightening his posture as he returned his gaze to focus on Mr. Spandex. "This was self-defense. The only reason why we are even down here in these caves is to retrieve something they stole from me."

Company: Gustave, “Stains”?

Spooky Mittens

Killer of Suns

Benevolent Spook

15,600 Points
  • Buggin' 500
  • Full closet 200
  • Candy Fiend 150
Gustave Aodhart
As Stains moved to approach, Gustave would not allow the other man to enter within touching distance. No, that would simply not be granted for as "chummy" as Stains and Gustave had become with time Gustave had no fondness of being anywhere near him. Gustave would simply place his shield up as a sort of barrier as Stains lifted himself up. Attempting to put his nose in line with Gustaves would be met with Gustave simply turning his head away and snubbing whatever it was Stains was yammering on about. The picture that Stains attempted to place on Gustave's person would also be met with hosility as Gustave would belch up a plume of hot orange fire to incinerate said picture quite readily.

Gustave watched with baited breath as Stains turned his attention over to Kalath. That could have ended very badly if Kalath were a little more confident in his draconian heritage. Gustave couldn't help but chuckle a bit at the thought of Kalath engulfing the blue-clad-comic-book-character in fire just after Gustave went through all the trouble of healing his practically self-inflicted wounds. As Kalath responded to Stains' rather rudely worded request to know why they were here, Gustave felt this sinking urge in himself to put another hole in Stains' head.

"I'll ask you to respect the personal boundaries of others, Stains. Maybe observe some personal hygiene."

Gustave would scold as he turned his attention to Kalath.

"You don't need to justify anything to this one, Kalath. Besides, these mountains are your land anyway, aren't they? These vermin are clearly trespassing and stealing your natural resources, aside from what they already took from your room."

Gustave would explain as he would turn his attention back towards Stains. Something he had said there had Gustave wondering. . .

You can stop wondering maggot. He doesn't know what he's talking about.
Well, that clears that up. . .

The internal dialogue with his "nameless devil" would conclude rather abruptly.

"You must be in the wrong place though, Stains. Why don't you head up into the Breach and go bother the head chef for a while?"

Gustave would suggest as he turned towards the darkness where the ambush had been sprung on them. They were wasting time dealing with this mental patient. A guy who probably couldn't give you a straight answer on which way was up even if he wanted to.

Who With?
Kalath, Dead Kobolds, Stains

Where At?
Kobold Caves

Esther Ferris
Well that had certainly been quick. Orphen clearly knew what he wanted, maybe he was just a man of action and didn't like to waste any time? Maybe he'd been thinking about this sort of thing all day? Though his order was rather puzzling, since they hadn't been given menus and this wasn't exactly a rustic pub where you would usually order something like fish and chips. It must have been a coincidence. Esther just nodded at the order and began to scribble it down on a little pocket notepad that she carried.

"Mmhmm."

She would acknowledge the order very shortly, turning her deep purple gaze back towards Hartia as he started to speak. Jokes, Esther wasn't a very comedic person to begin with, but she gathered that this was more of a sibling sort of joke. Like Hartia wasn't actually trying to make her laugh so much as he was trying to piss Orphen off. She could relate to that sentiment, having several brothers of her own, and it did actually pull a chuckle from her throat like a bell, though probably not for the reasons Hartia had intended.

The Incredible Hulk huh? Never heard of it.

Esther was a chef, not a bar tender, but she did know a few things about various kinds of alcohol. Though, that usually revolved around wines and beers. The sorts of drinks you have with food, rather than on their own. Still, she wrote everything down on her little pad, even down to the "no shaking or stirring". Then, she stood and clicked her pen a few times as she pondered.

"Also, sorry. What is Oghren?"

She would ask as her attention turned back towards Orphen.

Numrigaaz

Killer of Suns

OutlawD One

Hartia Raye Pendragon

Beloved Knight

Spooky Mittens
Numrigaaz

"Self defense? I could kill these guys with my half erect c**k..." Stains sneered and tossed the corpse down into the depths of the ravine. Stains was psychotic, but he was some kind of wickedly attuned to vibes. He knew after his second battle and defeat to Gustave things were tense between the two, but the rudeness...

"My word. This one? And I thought we were practically bonded. What with your sword through my head and my knee in your face until near death, I'd call that a regular Hallmark moment, buddy." He snickered and took a knee to look down further into the darkness of the ravine. "Oh, he speaks for you horned one? Does he shake it for you after you take a piss as well?" His chortles trailed off and something in the depths caught his eye. "I'm just ********' with ya." In truth Stain's feelings were slightly hurt. He didn't mean to be distracting them from their work. Or whatever. He had just wanted to make them laugh, and that hadn't happened at all. Not even a single giggle.

What a bunch of stiffs.

"Blablabla. That's all I hear. You should know that by now Gustave. I've got a mind like a hornet's nest. Or a bag of popcorn. Mmm....Popcorn hornets..." He stroked his chin at the thought, then shook the thought away. He was frustrated now. No one laughed at his jokes, and he was being told he was in the wrong place. The wrong...place?

He stood and turned towards Gustave. "20 bucks and I'll leave. Square deal."

Sarcastic Daredevil

"Right."

Words could not begin to describe the embarrassment Kalath had for needing Gustave to even socially come to his aid. Shame was evident on the redhead's face as his white gaze lowered to the stone floor, and he appeared to bring his limbs close again, tail coiling around his leg to in front of him and curling close in a quiet, sulking response to Stains' words.

Despite the shift of tone in the words turning from critical to a playful 'I'm just joking', the dragon's feeling of being abnormally vulnerable did not change, though the source of this vulnerability was hard to place. Perhaps it was an effect of the toxin. Or maybe even the comedian's horrid breath.

The cutlass was shifted from one hand to being held by the shield-bearing hand, freeing up his left momentarily to allow the elf to reach up and brush a few crimson curls back and tuck them behind a pointed ear.

A deep breath was pulled in before being released past the golden male's lips, tiny embers mixing with the dark smoke that expelled itself through the exhale and illuminated the dimming area slightly and temporarily.

It was in this exhale that a small switch apparently had gone off, the redhead's luminous white eyes narrowing at the blue-clad individual and the shorter redhead before he turned his attention away, traveling more towards the darkened outskirts of their location, looking and feeling for a passageway as the cutlass was returned to his left hand. He was interested in discovering where the creatures he was specifically pursuing had fled to, and what exact path they might have taken.

"Origato wer malai tir lae jaci petranas"
Insecurity had been replaced with assertion. Or, sort of at least. In this case, the redhead spoke with purpose, his mind occupied with the sense of urgency regarding his need to find the creatures that had made off with his treasure.
What Gustave has said made sense: The kobolds were trespassing on his land, using his resources, and had stolen his belonging after breaking into his lair. He had every right to crush their little skulls into pulp if he so desired.

...And really, he would if given the chance, at this point.

Company: Gustave, “Stains”?

Spooky Mittens

Killer of Suns

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out