Welcome to Gaia! ::

Which of the following post styles do you prefer?

Very short posts 1-4 lines 0.11812627291242 11.8% [ 58 ]
short posts 5-10 0.27494908350305 27.5% [ 135 ]
medium posts 10-30 lines 0.42973523421589 43.0% [ 211 ]
Long posts 30+ lines 0.091649694501018 9.2% [ 45 ]
Novella's 0.085539714867617 8.6% [ 42 ]
Total Votes:[ 491 ]

Desirable Raider

9,875 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
User Image
~ Salaren Prefecture ~ Tavern ~

He laughed a deep, chuckling laugh that sounded like it ought to be from a slasher movie. His jaw gave a little snap at the end.

"I like you...your an interesting one. I would love to see your dragon form some time. I promise I will refrain from trying to pick jewels off your body with a chisel." was that his lame attempt to be funny? I think it was.

She wasn't giving up. She was going to keep pressing and with a smile and giggles to boot, no matter how little information he gave her. He decided to speak a little more.

"The star-children, yes...it is in our belief that they were alien because...human anatomy is just far to ... specific? Picky? I don't know. Besides, we look more alien than human any how. There are a lot of speculations regarding the Star Children. They came down and mated with humans too. Since the dragon king was in the guise of a human, and the star-children looked humanoid...well...we figure the dragon king wouldn't have known any different. I am interested in your technique, channeling seems to be a common gift amongst the supernatural beings of Gaia. Though...I do not need to have you do it to know what i am...I am not in need of confirmation of that." he would drink some of his drink.

"I am also not willing to share any more information regarding myself or my race at this current time, especially with a complete outsider. However, I do welcome you to Salaren, to stay and ... make friends. Allow us to learn about you and then maybe you may learn more about us." he told her raising his glass to her.

Sloads were simply secretive, guarded, protected all their treasures be they objects, people, or information. It was also a very very very minute hint that perhaps at this time no would pick up, but as hoarders of such treasure, they know and see a lot. The sloads held a lot of dirt on a lot of people and this is what made them so feared and deadly here in Samara. It was why no one bothered them. No one was enemies with a sload. There was no war in the Salaren prefecture and there never would be.

Desirable Raider

9,875 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
User Image

Heiden reentered the hot tub room and smiled seeing Rini.
                              'Hey...' he said going over and getting into the hot tub. She would note the dog tag he was wearing so black and stark off his pale flesh.
                              "oh...mmm...this is nice" he coo'd and sighed as his body took in the heat. It made him shiver.

Heiden would slowly submerge himself until he could go under once and then break the surface. He'd sit low with those plump lips of his resting just on the surface of the water. Water beads running down his face, off his hair and nose, those luminescent eye's watched Rini.

"So...does your father know that you are here in Samara visiting my mother?"

Cold Inquisition's Princess

Divine Streaker

User ImageUser Image

"Welcome back, Its nice to see you..."

She laughed, then stopped, glancing over his body. The dog tag, it did look amazing against him. It fit so well.

"Well, Stud..."

She purred lightly, and laid back in the water relaxing. IT was nice to relax and chill. When he inquired if Leo knew where she was, the woman had to think. She would gaze back at him, and sigh.

"I'm not sure, he may he may not, if he needs me, he has a phone....This reminds me, do you remember when you went to my room, at my Haven?....I need to get my stuff out of there, Would you or Oynx like any of my weapons, treasures, and books?....I need to downsize, or ask Father for my own catacombs.......but still...."

Desirable Raider

9,875 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
User Image

Heiden grinned at being called a stud. When she told him about how she needed to down size and offered some of her things he shook his head.
                              "No, that's alright. My mother has amassed such a stash of s**t, it's broken up between various places and various countries...I should visit some friends back in Ireland...oh how i do miss that place...anyways, just make sure you don't make your dad worry. I don't want to be tagged as responsible for anything now." he wiped his face with some of the hot water.

"Why do you need to downsize anyways?"

Dapper Hunter

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Opal Charolette

"Well I am glad that you like me Sir Boujeeus, you are very interesting in yourself. And I would enjoy showing you, so long as you do not try to chisel me.. That would cause your tools to break and if you succeeded to manage it, then you would hurt me.. Besides, I'm a dragon, therefore I sometimes shed some scales.. so gold and jewels can be freely given to friends," she replied with a smile.

Maybe she was too giggly or too smiley, but yet, it seemed to be working. But a pout slowly creeped up unto her face as she listened to his words. Well he didn't want her to make sure, but her eyes changed a second out of nowhere, most likely her curiosity, and sure enough her draconic eyes caught the colors of his aura that told her enough. She blinked and wondered why that happened, most likely because it was to reassure herself that he wasn't lying or that he was sure. Perhaps it was the reason her own Draconic side wanted to see that flow, to know it was there and that there was safety in that sight. Whatever the reason, Boujeeus would not doubt not notice it as he drank from his drink. But then the last of his words caused her to look him in the eyes as he reminded her that he wasn't willing to give her anymore information. He wanted to keep it secret, something that made Opal alittle sad, but at the same point smile. Perhaps having a piece of info here to a piece of info there could perhaps give her more benefit. She looked as his tankard rose and she did the same with a smile. Secretive the Sloads may be, but some of her secrets could very well break a couple of needed walls. But friends she enjoyed and she was finding the likelihood of friends here promising.

"A toast to the furture of friends and knowledge for the safe keeping. For me, a promise of a better life" she said with a kind smile.

onyx2047
onyx2047

He waited for a response, he wished he'd maybe bought some new clothes rather than spending the last of his money on mead and ale at the tavern. The bitter night air clawed at his bared skin like a vicious animal, the hairs standing on his arms and neck. He gritted his teeth and turned his head slightly away from the harsh wind.

As the door opened, the man momentarily forgot his reason for being there. He locked eyes with the woman, then hurriedly looked away, clearing his throat. He quickly composed himself, straightening his back, standing to his full six foot.

Although the Captain would see the man exactly how he looked, she wouldn't recognize how different he looked from the locals, thanks to the spell he'd used on his way to the ship. His piercing blue eyes shone from beneath the long, wild hair, adorned with various trinkets and decorations. His milked coffee skin reflected the dim light of the night and he smiled, offering his hand to the Captain and making eye contact with her again.

"I missed the procession earlier today, and was wondering if I might have a few minuets of your time?" He said, his voice like gravel. "I understand that you're the Captain of this ship, and wondered if you could fill me in on your reasons for coming to this beautiful place."

Divine Streaker

User ImageUser Image

"Am I a bad person for putting up with Leo that Im not hurt?...yet here I am crying?,nevermind, Dont answer that"

She would say quickly, with hope that he would drop it. She was more amused by his words anyway.

"Wow, across countrys....that is amazing....Ireland? What is? I have never been...or heard of it, wait maybe I have once....its on earthrealm right?"

Rini scooted closer to Heiden, interested clearly.

"Tell me more? and I...well I just do.....Theres too much to move? I dont want to waste good books..."

She laughs nervously.

"Am I a bad person for putting up with Leo that Im not hurt?...yet here I am crying?"

Lonely Lover

11,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Invisibility 100
Rini Virunas

"I don't mind. I don't know what I'm missing out on really." she waved it off with a flick of her hand. She'd never been able to eat. She'd tried it once, and it was awful. No, the only sustenance she needed was the most obvious. Nodding gratefully she returned the cigarette to her mouth, pulled out a lighter from god-knows where, clicked it a few times, and inhaled. She wasn't addicted, she just enjoyed the taste, the way it dried out her throat. Force of habit really.

"I suppose it does. No point in birthdays anymore, not when your face lies about your age. The only thing age does is mature your blood, and, forgive me for using such a romanticised cliche, like a fine wine." she almost laughed at her absurd turn of phrase. The way she spoke betrayed something about her background- Was their a hint of aristocracy in there? A sliver of fine upbringing? It certainly seemed to be buried down deep within, beneath the masculine exterior. Certainly, the way she smoked was like a man, deeply.

"Oh believe you me, you meet some amazing characters."

Desirable Raider

9,875 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
User Image
~ Salaren Prefecture ~ Tavern ~

Some of the other local sloads came in to order up food and drink. It hadn't been noticed before on account of they way the sload looks in general, but now it could be seen. Boujeeus was different. The other sloads had skin tones of green, blues, and greys while Boujeeus was the only pale skinned one. That was because he was an albino. Amongst the sloads, Boujeeus was their Opal.

Smiling at Opal he lifted his drink
                                                  "I'd welcome gold and jewels any day.To the future, to knowledge, to prosperity and to friendship."

Taking a healthy swallow of his dragons bane he sucked his tongue and teeth before letting his mouth smack.
                                                  "I don't feel you will have to worry about being hunted here...and by here I mean in the Salaren prefecture. I know you live with the Asper but...I can't say you wont be silently attacked by others...one piece of advice...stay away from the Cammona Tong. They are a crime syndicate here that is responsible for slavery among other things. If anyone is going to be your enemy here...it will be them."

His voice had gotten low, his eye's shifted to look around slightly to his surroundings.

Desirable Raider

9,875 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
User ImageUser Image

Location: Miniel ~ Asper ~ Captains Quarters ~ Ensemble: LOUNGE

Onyx was a chi manipulator and as such she could see aura at will. A species had specific colors to them, an emotion had a pulse pattern, and each individual also had their own pattern like a signature. She wanted to know who he was, what he was, she was surprised to see the color of purple. When his look upon was brief it made her try and tune into him. It would seem that he was slightly flustered at something, at her.

"I missed the procession earlier today... I understand that you're the Captain of this ship, and wondered if you could fill me in on your reasons for coming to this beautiful place."

Onyx considered him a moment as she stood there looking him over. His skin was lovely in its color, those eye's that hid shaded by his wild hair, were alluring. Stepping aside her hand made the ushering movement for her to enter the quarters. A place where both pleasure and business took place.
"come in." she offtered.
Once he was through her door she closed it and moved behind him following. When she could she brush past him"May i get you anything to drink? Rooibos perhaps?" she asked coming to a stop before the bar counter in her room.

Desirable Raider

9,875 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
User Image

"Am I a bad person for putting up with Leo that Im not hurt?...yet here I am crying?"

She quickly took the question back and told him not to answer and he wasn't going to, accept for the fact that she ended up asking this question twice. Her answers for her down sizing was vague, an indication that meant to Heiden that she didn't want to talk about it. First he would address the other questions she had before commenting on her initial question.

"Yeah, I mean Onyx is over two hundred years old by her immortal life. She's had a long time to gather items and work herself up an amassed wealth. Mostly human artifacts, none the less precious and priceless to most humans. Onyx decided to keep stashes around the world as to protect all of that wealth. And yes, Ireland is an earthen place. We have a family tavern there that is run by some friends of the family. Normal humans, to make things easier. It's called the Dragons Roost. My mother and father had opened it back when he was alive...it's peaceful there."

Heiden grinned a litte inwardly seeing Rini scoot closer to him. He chuckled crinkling his nose.
                              "To answer your first and last question, I wouldn't say your a bad person Rini. Maybe just confusing though. Your business is your own until you'd like to share it Rini. until then, it shouldn't matter what anyone thinks. Me or other wise."
onyx2047

He felt as though this woman looked directly past his eyes and into his mind. It was as if she were reading his thoughts, but he couldn't quite put his finger on it. The man smiled and brushed a hand through his hair, the decorations clicking and whirling. He stepped into the captains quarters as invited; Instantly, warm air cascaded over him like a soft blanket, it felt amazing. A disadvantage of his warm gypsy blood was his weakness to cold. Temperature had a direct effect on his abilities.

The young man sighed in bliss at the offer of such delicious tea, smiling at the captain.
"Rooibos would be incredible, thank you." he said, "Two sugars and milk, please."

He rubbed his hands together to warm them before lifting them to his mouth and breathing warm air into them. Standing in these beautiful quarters, he was suddenly aware of how under-dressed he was, with his ripped jean shorts and one sleeved shirt with no buttons. His bones were freezing, literally screaming out for the warmth of the tea but he waited patiently for the captain.

It felt strange to be on board the Asper as a welcome guest rather than a stowaway, it was such a warm and welcoming place when welcomed. The time he spent in the barrel in the lower decks was damp, dark and uncomfortable, but it was the easiest way out of the situation he'd left behind.

Devoted Seeker

9,025 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
LadyxLucii

User Image
                                User ImageAilsa Graystone

User Image

When you play with fire....

Ailsa looked at the new waitress with more interest then the last. Maybe she had dragon traits? Or at least reptail traits. She gave a soft smile and nodded. "Its fine. I'm short of use to it anyway."

Brad gave the new waitress a smile as well, bright green eyes flashing in enjoyment of what was going on. He was excited to be in this new place, and was absorbing everything with as keen of an eye as he could. That was a kid for you though.

When the woman asked for their order, Ailsa thought for a moment and then said, "A plate of jelly toast or something like it if you don't have it for Brad with eggs. For me... Some yogart and some scrambled eggs for me would be fine" She gave the woman a smile as she ordered and watched her leave.

This was turning out to be an interesting place that was for sure.

Then Kane asked his question and Ailsa looked surprised before she smiled and said, "Actually, I'm from Gaia. I'm not sure if its the same Gaia as this place is situated on but I am from Gaia. I was born in Lilith's Bosom Tavern and Inn. Its a - I mean to said it was- a nice little Tavern near a city who actually went through a lot of the same stuff as Lockeport. The demon who ran Lilith's was named Alyria and she was an energy demon."

"And I was born in Lockeport," Brad said, grinning.

-Sorry for the late reply. I got kind of involed in some Pagan research and lost track of time... :c

//[L]ocation: Resterunt//
                                              [C]urrent Music:
                                              Blue Flames//
                                              [M]ood:
                                              Cheerful//
                                              tatus: Unharmed//
                                              --- Your gonna get burn.

Desirable Raider

9,875 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
User ImageUser Image

Location: Miniel ~ Asper ~ Captains Quarters ~ Ensemble: LOUNGE

What a good looking little scrag-a-muffin, kind of cute, a little jack sparrow in him if you will. At least that what he reminds me of. Not quite a pirate though.

These thoughts could almost be read upon her face as she looked at him.

While he was veiled from her and she was unaware of such a thing, she could sense that there was something not right about his energy. Something that made her feel scrambled, a little confused and it hurt to try to figure it out to be honest so she simply stopped. Watching him stand there a moment she clicked her head to the side. The way he blew on his hands, the way he responded to the invite, the way he looked about her quarters with its Asian pirate vibe, it was his undoing. No matter. Onyx would bite that bait if only to see what the need for such a charade was all about. She hated sensing that something was up but didn't know what. That curiosity always seemed to get her into trouble.

Listening to his request she giggled. "hm...no."
No doubt such a blunt response would get his attention. She moved over to her side bar and began to pour a cup of Rooibos. She turned to him holding the cup...there was a sheen or maybe trick of light that flash across her eye's, a side smirk that was both coy and dangerous to curl the corner of her lips. Slowly she slinked her way over to him and only when she got directly in front of him, her large chest almost touching his, did she stop moving.
"Sit." and it was as simple as that.

If he sat she'd hand him the tea and tell him that Rooibos was better consumed natural, for it was naturally sweet on it's very own. She'd even go as far as to make him feel a little bad for even suggesting adding milk and sugar to it by commenting on how it would ruin that gorgeous ruby red color!

However, If he floundered instead, gave excuses as to why he couldn't, shouldn't sit, she'd drop the cup on the floor and he'd get nothing. There was always method to her madness. Would he make it to find out?

Divine Streaker

User ImageUser Image

"She is lucky to have such a life full of meaning, it is indeed no wonder why she is so wise, I love your mother, I really do, sometimes I wish she was my mother....Because of never having a real family, til recently, but you know thats life...."

She giggled lightly and thought about Earth Realm, she never got to see much of that did she. With a light smile she would move closer, and look at Heiden with intense serious intent.

"Heiden, you will take me to Ireland, please?"

She asked with a soft sweet tone, if not for the please it would of seemed like an order.

"I guess your right.....but I fear making mistakes....again"

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff