Welcome to Gaia! ::

Greedy Lunatic

8,850 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
"Schaden Freude." The demon grinned, stating what was, of course, his main appeal in entertainment. He snickered somewhat omenously before taking another drink from his beer. "Gambling.. Deceit.." He listed two more for Hell's sake, then began to notice the changes taking place in the witchling, and this made him grin all the more viciously. His shallow mind immediately began calculating ways to take advantage of her, and decided it would be preferable to trick the witch into his servitude, but for now he would just test the waters. He pulled out a deck of old-fashioned playing cards that appeared to be in mint condition from the 50s or maybe 40s. The demon had already seemed to be shuffling them as he pulled them out "Black Jack?" He offered the witch.
"Well of course you get pleasure from the misfortune of others," Casia snorted, eying the cards. She flicked the tip of her cigarette into the ashtray before smashing the butt to extinguish the smoldering paper and tobacco, "Rolling that in with your other two 'hobbies', that would make me quite foolish for taking up a demon's game." As her mind echoed in shouts of 'no, no, no', her mouth was thinking a much different story, one that was very clearly a resounding, "Well, why the hell not." But she wasn't quite snookered enough to not get the terms of the game. Her mother had taught her well enough, "Terms, prizes, conditions? I win, what do I get...and if I lose...well..." her voice trailed off, the question obvious. If she lost, what did she essentially lose? Also there was the fact that even her slightly befuddled mind could eek out the fact that he was a demon...and he was going to cheat. She was probably damned any way she went unless she could sneak in a little cheating of her own. Her hand fluttered as she propped her elbow on the bar, leaning toward the demon, her finger shifting to point at him, "I should know your kinds games by now, but each and every one of you are so damned different from the next, though you all play the same games. I once spent three years with a demon mark for losing at a game of mini-golf. Damned b*****d."

Greedy Lunatic

8,850 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
The demon cackled in his throat. "Funny story... Rules are Dealer quits at 17 or higher, over 21 is bust. Aces go both ways, and the game lasts seven rounds." Spiral had only planned on playing this game for fun, but if she insisted on gambling and prizes... "If you win I'll grant you a favor. But if I win, you have to entertain for the night." 'Entertain for the night' was a dangerous term coming from a demon's mouth. It could've meant any number of things, singing, pole dancing, down to doing embarassing and humiliating trivial tasks such as handstand and cartwheels, or maybe even 'keeping him company'. But Spiral thought it would be more interesting to let the witch do what she pleased for 'entertainment'. Things were so much more fun loose cannon. His slimy tongue slithered over his thumb and he dealt the first round of cards. Dealer had a Jack face up, and he had dealt her a 3 and a 9. The demon grinned.
It was so much easier to cheat when she was holding the cards and not some demon that was obviously having a lot of fun at her expense. Agreeing to the terms with a swift nod of the head, though the game had already begun, Casia studied the cards dealt to both herself an the demon with a practiced eye, calculating the odds and the risks. Twelve for her...and ten for him. So many cards that could put her over by just one point. And so many that wouldn't. It was all in the thrill of the game for her, not knowing what was coming next than in the winning and losing...though winning was certainly nice. Out of habit, she tapped a finger on the bar, indicating for another 'hit', before she realized she better vocalize as well,

"Hit me, darlin'," her voice had returned to its whiskey tones, low and smooth between imbibing the alcohol and sucking smoke into her lungs. Her eyes had brightend with the thrill, much as they would in a battle or any other situation that would have adrenaline pumping through her veins. Her tongue darted out to lick her lips. It was a pull. And addiction. A vice. Much like everything else in her life.

But what was life without a few risks?

Greedy Lunatic

8,850 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
Spiral continued to grin as his claws picked another card from the deck, a 4. "Sixteen." He chuckled darkly and quietly to himself. This witch was already becoming his victim, and he hadn't even manipulated the deck yet. Sixteen was arguably one of the worst numbers you could be stuck at in Blackjack, but that didn't mean she couldn't go ahead and risk another hit. This was getting fun already.
"Lady luck seems to be smiling on you so far. Normally, I get along with females just as well as I do with males." Though it was the completely wrong game, Casia was praising her poker face as her card was dealt and she added them up. Not a twitch, not a quiver of movement, it was the first modicum of restraint she had shown in anything since entering the bar. Instead her face was considering, though the urge to scowl darkly increased with each sound of glee out of the dealer. He was having far too much fun. Her mind ran over spells, dismissing them left and right. Substitution, transfiguration...all useless because he would taste the magic flowing off of her the instant she started either.

Humans were much easier to fool.

Her fingers tapped on the bar at the same moment she spoke, repeating the one of the last words she had said once more, "Hit." After the word flowed out, she leaned her head against her hand nonchalantly, toying with the moon charm of that earring before she twined a lock of hair around her finger. Her dark brown eyes lifted to stare at the demon, just an experiment, wondering if she could read him though she made no move to do so. It was doubtful, but it could be fun.

Greedy Hunter

'Oh joy. Demon angling for something from a human female,' Raven rolled his eyes and turned off, going back to his drink and downing the last of it unceremoniously. 'Where have I heard this story before?' He scoffed, filling the glass again and polishing off half in a single go. He wanted to make double-time for getting at least a bit hammered, especially now that he'd caught himself relaxing a bit more than he wanted to. Of course, he was around non-humans- the woman being an exception as humans who use magic never stayed 'human' for long- but he was still a bit more...comfortable than he needed to be at the moment. 'Hnn, demon seems like a right p***k if I've ever seen one. Odd to see a plainly hetero demon, too, especially one this blunt.'

The red-eyed male mulled over the rest of his drink, looking over toward the elven male with some interest and quirking an eyebrow at him. 'Can't figure this one out, either. Too nice for a trashy dive like this, and what the hell's with that outfit?' Raven blinked, taking another drink of the thick, potent liquor and glancing over the elf. 'Looks like too much of a prude to be a whore or anything, but... I think that, and he's in charge of a bordello. Just watch.' Raven smirked inwardly, considering the prospects of asking but pushing them aside for the last of his drink.

'Eh, much as I could go for a good lay, business first, then pleasure. Figure I'll down about a bottle or so before I start asking any questions.'
He reasoned, looking back at his glass, then the bottle and pouring himself another.

High-functioning Lunatic

Cyrus sighed, leaning back against the counter again and watching Spiral and Casia gamble. It seemed weird to him, but he rarely understood bargaining or gambles, anyway. Normally he made an effort to shy away from shady business, as it would bring trouble for him and his house if anything were to come knocking, but they seemed to be...Well, Spiral was enjoying himself, but Cyrus didn't even remotely want to consider the reasons why at this particular moment. He had, up until this point, been content to merely listen and enjoy himself, finding the mercenary gentleman rather crass, boorish, but insightful in his own way. His ears twitched slightly when he realized he was being...examined? Cyrus paused a moment, turning his gaze to the male and blinking curiously.

'Oh dear, that doesn't look like the most pleasant gaze ever. What's he thinking?' Cyrus sighed, tilting his head a bit. "Yes?" He spoke, breaking the odd silence and hoping to at least get an answer.

Greedy Lunatic

8,850 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
In what was to an extremely coincidental draw, the dealer pulled out a 5. "Twenty-One." He smirked with a cocky look on his face, noting on how interesting it was that he had drawn a three, four, and five consecutively, the odds of which were quite slim, considering how well he had thought to of shuffled the cards. He flipped over his own card, a meager 7. "You win." He grinned. Let the witch have a taste to draw her in, then crush her. He put the cards out of play and dealt a new hand. This time he had a King, and he had dealt Casia an 8 and a 6.
It was too much of a coincidence, even for Casia's tipsy mind. Her nose scrunched when the card was turned, even as the jolt of victory flowed through her. Don't get complacent, her mind chastised, but the words of wisdom were quickly brushed off. Movement registered on the edges of her peripherals but her focus was on the newly dealt cards. It was like a drug. Hit or stand...hit or stand...

One single tap.

"Hit." She'd always been too cocky for her own good.

Greedy Lunatic

8,850 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
The demon chuckled slightly as he dealt her the Queen of Clubs. "Twenty-Four. That's Bust." Again, like a machine he wiped away all the cards and put them out of play, dealing a new set. A 6 for himself, and an Ace with a 3 for her.

Greedy Hunter

"You either don't belong here, or you flew in from a brothel down the street. Couldn't tell which off-hand," Raven shrugged, turning to watch the demon and his 'victim' for a moment before rolling his eyes. Gullible, cocksure, sassy, and pretty much screwed, he figured those described the poor girl's situation right now fairly adequately. She was playing right into his hand, and Raven debated getting involved, but pushed the thought aside quickly. He was on the run, and getting a demon pissed for c**k-blocking was a surefire way to make his situation much, much worse.

...Still, an it was an opportunity for some amusement. Raven tapped the bar counter and looked back at the elf, glancing over to the two and hoping he had noticed what was going on as well. "On the off chance you're the ladder, I'd be only too pleased to angle you for a piece later tonight if you're of the persuasion. That, or some other saucy piece of a**. I'm impartial, really." Maybe a bit blunt, but he had the better of a bottle inside him, and it was excuse enough for now. The elf would probably get pissy and correct him, but on the off chance he didn't, it could prove to be a source of amusement.

'...Actually, a pissy elf is pretty amusing either way.' Raven though, mentally nodding in consideration as he took another drink. "Also, a bottle of Vodka. Cognac is too thick to drink for long."
Her breath hissed out when the card fell down and she fought back the urge to wince. But it was alright. They were both one for one. Her hand swept out to grasp the glass of vodka, the rest of the liquid quickly going down her throat before she slammed the glass down. An ace, lovely. Casia resisted the urge to roll her eyes, trying to decide what was in her best interest as her own judgement started going downhill. It didn't get past her that the demon's odds were slowly getting better and better. If she'd been fully alert...it would have alarmed her, but not now. Her cheeks were lightly tinged with a blush as the liquor rose through her body, loosening her muscles and unfortunately her tongue,

"You're a hell of a dealer," she wasn't apparently inebriated, moreso just...happy, and with a soft sigh, she tapped her finger, "Hit me." Four or fourteen...he was in a much better position than her with a six. Her momma never should have let her play with demons when she was little

High-functioning Lunatic

"Buh? Excuse me? I...What? Of course I don't 'belong' here. I...don't even know what I'm doing here in the first place," Cyrus huffed, giving the male a cold stare, but nodding in recognition of his warning. The demon was attempting something, and Casia was in trouble, even if he wasn't making a definite move just yet. Cyrus would have kept thinking about what his next move should be, if he hadn't heard that last bit and gone back to full-out glaring at the male. The tips of his long ears went red fairly quickly, a tale-tell sign that he was furious at the suggestion.

"I am not a whore! Good gods, man, show some tact you belligerent ne'er-do-well! Gods' blood, I'm a scholar, not a harlot!" Cyrus exclaimed, seething at the man for a moment before grabbing a bottle of Vodka and hurling it at him. "Take your drink, you witless reprobate! Gah! I hope you choke for that remark," Cyrus fumed, crossing his arms and turning away quickly.

Greedy Lunatic

8,850 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
Spiral made a rather disatisfied look as he pulled another 6 off the top of the deck. "Twenty." Technically she could still ask for another hit, but he didn't think she was that drunk yet. His nostrils winced slightly. Something smelled a little like wet dog. It had just then occurred to him that he had almost completely ignored the other male in the room, who was now inquiring to the elf if there was a** to be had. The demon grinned and snickered. He was more than just blunt coming on to the elf, and it was fairly obvious to him that this man was looking for a reaction, or on an off-chance, some a**. Thus they were dealing with a petty, miserable man who was probably already dead on the inside, or at least a large majority. It was curious that he smelled like a wet dog however.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff