Welcome to Gaia! ::

Minor Updates

Located on First Page 1 100.0% [ 22 ]
Total Votes:[ 22 ]
<< < 1 2 ... 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... 62 63 64 >

Deathly Codger

In the space between worlds, the Wolf walked along pathways hidden to the eyes of Man. The wolf's shoulders were two snow covered mountains that shifted, rising and sinking with his stride. Massive paws left craters in the dirt as the Wolf stalked between worlds. The beast had left the Cathedral behind, left the place of his death. He passed between realms, slipping through the seams of the world. The Wolf saw many things in his travel; much life, and much death. To him there was little difference. The nature of a Spirit blurred the line between the two. They were simply different states of being. Without mortal attachment there was no grief when you passed from one to the other.

The Wolf stopped. Lowered its nose. Sniffed the ground. Sniffed the air.

The Wolf didn't just detect scents. It could sniff out individual souls. Tracking by their aura.

He was close.

As he prowled the home of the spirits, he saw the many other residents of this realm. He saw the other Beasts, the true keepers. He did not hide from them - and they paid him little heed. Passing another spirit in this realm was akin to boats passing in the night. By the time you felt the waves they made, you had already passed them.

Most of the material world was foggy and blurred in this hidden realm. But certain locations glowed like beacons; churches and cathedrals were sharp and clear, lighthouses in the darkness. People of holy import were also easier to see; they were like magnets, drawing close to them the spirits that they prayed to. When a human prayed to a spirit, their voice was broadcast across the realm, unimpeded by time or space. Their voice rang out, played like it was on Ghost Radio.

The Wolf looked to his left. There was Torii Gate not far that was currently flaring brightly; it had recently been passed through. He walked towards it like the tides to the moon. Stopping, he saw footprints. A smaller pair that had been expanded, pressed out when a larger pair had followed in the same pattern. And now a third would do the same, as massive paws stepped down onto the footprints in the sand. Visible to mortal eyes would only be the slightest wisp of an image, the briefest flicker of color as a white paw stepped down, then faded away, leaving behind a massive paw print. The Wolf followed the trail, sniffing at the scent of the souls he tracked.

Ahead of him, he could feel as much as see the Shrine. Devoted to the Four Beasts, the Wolf could feel the familiar pull of the East Gate. He was a descendent, and though his tether to the Azure Dragon was frayed and worn it was tenable nonetheless.

And standing next to the Shrine, standing behind the man who was looking away and to the east, there was very briefly the image of the Wolf that could be seen by human eyes. Even then, the beast wasn't entirely opaque; his image was unclear, thin, like a faded photo negative superimposed over reality. It lasted only a moment, as he looked upon the two who occupied the garden. Their images were as blurred to him as his would be to them; but he recognized one soul. He hadn't met him, but he knew his scent. He had smelled it before, on Him, whenever the two had visited. He stared at this man with the round blue eyes, the only color that was clear and defined in the spirit's visage.

And then the image faded... And the Wolf stood invisible once more, the two bodies blurring as the Wolf stepped back into the spirit realm. This was not the right time.. not yet. But he had found this place, had found who he was looking for. So he would return. When the time was right.

((OoC: Don't mind me. Just passing through.))

Desirable Raider

9,875 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
User Image
                    User Image

Loction: Kuro Hitokiri - Roof Top ~ Threads: KURO

Hearing a deep voice behind him it made oni gasp slightly. She had been so focused and caught up that she hadn't detected that in which she ought to have been able to feel. His voice in this moment was like getting caught by your Senpai doing something you ought not to have been doing. Oni looked as much too. She spun around to face him immediately.

"Oh I um-" golden eye's deviated to her left of Tous.

"Hn-" her body jerked forwards but stopped.

Tous would see her eye's shift, searching. Normally Onyx could see aura...of the living. But if something was in true spirit form or realm be it because they could do so willingly or because they were truly dead, she would not be able to see them. Just feel them. And so Onyx was trying to locate where this sensation was coming from now that she was refocused.

"Tous..." she said his name softly though her eye's were not upon him.

Profitable Businessman

"You haven't been..."

His words were cut off. It was not directly because of Onyx, no. He had felt that presence as it approached, but he knew that if it was not benevolent, it would have never made it to that place. One thing that had been forgotten by most, was Tous connection to the world of spirits. It was almost as if he had felt the breath upon his back, his eyes closing as he raised his hand towards Onyx, as if to insure her it was okay. And then it was gone. A being had transcended the spirit world into the physical and then back.

"Okami."

It was not that Tous knew that it was in fact a wolf, or had seen it in any degree. Surely a being entering a place such as there would understand that there were more eyes on it than the two that stood in the physical world. It was in fact the use of Tous as a medium, by the only being authorized to do so, Seiryuu.

"I will see you soon. ... Onyx, have you neglected your training?"

His words paused, as if he had spoken into the wind to the wolf and then to Onyx. His words to Onyx on the other hand, were plain as day. No longer did he add the context of shodo to it, it was referring to the overall concept of training. To keep one's mind, body and spirit sharp. There were key elements that made him believe she had not continued. There was her shodo, which had frustrated her. Then there was her state of mind, which Tous believed could have lead to her stay within Kuro Hitokiri.

"When did you last meditate?"

Desirable Raider

9,875 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
User Image
                    User Image

Okami. -Hold of hand to halt.- I will see you soon. that was the gist of what she got. It made onyx blink a few times. What was happening here? The confusion was plastered to her facial features a moment.

"Onyx, have you neglected your training?"

Oni folded her arms to her chest. She cocked a brow. What was this all about suddenly? Perhaps her wanting to stay in Kuro had nothing to do with her apparent 'state of mind' but was more about peace. This is Onyx. Baby gets what baby wants. She had come here once seeking such a thing and was flat out and utterly denied. She would have her peace or else. On this note of peace, when Tous had asked when she last meditated she shrugged.

"Meditating is a dangerous thing for me Tous." and it was true for reasons he did not know about.

"Are you going to lecture me?" she relaxed her arms. She moved forwards a touch. Hips in a casual sway. Her golden eye's on dead lock to his face. That cocky signature side smirk of hers snaked over her fine pout. She began to walk slow circles now around him. Eye's moved in a slow drawl up and down his form as he stood in track pants and no top.

"If I tell you that I have been neglecting are you doing to strip me of my belongings and toss me into a cell?" she gave him a little verbal jab, clearly playing. She was a firey one to be sure. True South. Through and through.

Kallistiae's Wife

Fashionable Consumer

It was unfortunate for Ando that Momo seemed to have vanish without a trace. Perhaps she had actually granted that final wish she was holding onto. For the chances of her being taken or her simply leaving were slim to none. Though without becoming a mess about it, Ando knew it was best he kept on going. Sure he was growing attached, but he had accepted when he chose to protect her that one day she would be gone. Moving forward with life, he had managed to furnish his house with the basics necessary. Mostly just food and a futon to sleep on at night. Not like he would be home enough to live in it more than basic eating and sleeping. As such, he only got literally, the necessities. His back pay had been settled, and simply enough he would keep the money stocked up. Ready to use it but only when necessary. Again, he had lived most of his life with little to nothing, so to go without at this point was natural to him, no longer seen as a sacrifice.

"What do I do now?"

H
e muttered to himself with a sigh. Taking his keys and exiting his home, he locked up on the way out and decided it was time to head into Shinjiko HQ. While he had a moment to breath, it would be wise to abuse the time getting to know his new weapon. Even at this point he had never shot a firearm, having only held one thanks to Tous himself. It was given to him for a reason however, and when reason arose to use it, he must be prepared to actually use it. Literally, it took little time to walk the familiar path from his closely situated home to the Enterprises establishment. Entering the building now being much like going to his real home. Strolling up to the receptionist desk, he made sure to return waves and bows to the masses that allotted him such respect, as to return said respect. Though when he reached the desk he would come to lean on it with one arm.

"Konnichiwa...I need a spot arranged for me in the shooting range. And if you happen to see Shinjiko-sama upon his return, please let him know where to find me. Domo-Arigato."

H
e bowed his head without waiting for much of a response. And how did he now Tous wasn't back yet if he hadn't been in recently himself? Well, he wouldn't be head of security if he didn't know now would he? Proceeding to the elevator, Ando adjusted his tie, still not being used to wearing a monkey suit. His traditional Japanese fabrics were already missed. Though like the changing tides, one had to adapt for whatever reasons could be provided. And adapting was what Ando was good at, not questioning nor refusing. Adapting was why he was still alive at this very moment in time. No way he should have survived the previous so called terrorist plot. Yet here he stood, alive and well. When the doors opened to him, he stepped in, pressing a button for the designated floor he believed he should be going to. Then again, he really hadn't learned the building as well as he should have just yet.

Profitable Businessman

"I asked as a friend, not your teacher. But if that is the path you desire, I'm sure we can make accommodations."

Serious followed by his own playful jab. Tous smiled brightly though, hands returning and remaining behind his back. It had been a long time since he even had a student under him, one path that had not been finished perhaps. The larger male moved forward in one of the moments that Onyx was not in front of him due to her circling like a shark.

"Meditation in it's purest form can be dangerous to anyone. I do not know your personal status regarding such, so that's as far as I can go on that conversation. May I ask what you were doing? It's been a while since I've seen anyone create charms like what you did."

They had vastly different schools of martial arts, that was one thing they'd probably both agree on. His promoted the use of meditation to clear ones mind and become one with what their path laid before them. Some of the oldest members of his school even transcended into a near constant state of meditation, allowing their minds to be empty of things that could hinder their decisions.

Those days were long past though, and despite his training and his teachings, most of his original students had perished by blade. Another's or their own, in that regard. Gurando was a top subject of interest regarding the Shin family's style, but that man had already made his path before he had arrived in Kuro Hitokiri. Near everyone from within the village was well versed in the school though, so it wasn't as if he was the sole surviving member.

Desirable Raider

9,875 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
User Image
                    User Image

"I asked as a friend, not your teacher. But if that is the path you desire, I'm sure we can make accommodations."

For a moment her grin turned into a smile, a soft chuckle had begun. If he had stopped there, their little game of cat and mouse could have continued. She ought to know better though. The seriousness in his tone kind of diluted the illusion that they could have themselves some fun. His posture and the fact that he had step forward to continue his blabbing about meditation, well it was a touch annoying. Good God, she didn't want to talk business. Being here in Kuro had taught her something already. If she thought she was bad, she wasn't. There was always someone worse off than you.

"May I ask what you were doing? It's been a while since I've seen anyone create charms like what you did."

Never look a gift horse in the mouth. Tous' question was legitimate and she was humbled that he was even showing interest.
                    "I was going back to my roots. I gave up practicing the ways of my people. People called us elementals" she shrugged before turning away from him to walk back over to the terrace. Shin could still hear her as she spoke. She had taken a seat and was now sliding back on her shoes.
                    "We never used that term for ourselves though. We were known as the Vatra...um a type of..." she was struggling to find something to compare her people to "shamanistic...paladin? to the hall of virtues of war. We were faithful followers of Hachiman." her hands busied themselves cleaning up her inking gear.

"If your interested, I could tell you more."

Profitable Businessman

"Yahata no kami. A deity revered by all warriors and the great protector."

In a previous time there was no warrior who didn't pay their respects to Hachiman before battle. Tous had heard of groups that looked upon that kami beyond the normal respects before, though he had believed that the majority of those types had long since passed into the other realm. Most forgot or simply disengaged their relationship to the old ways, some for reasons beyond the idea of explanation.

"Yes, I'm interested in you and your people's connection with Hachiman. I'm assuming it goes beyond that of which was considered the norm by the general populous. And what of your practices, your peoples roll beyond simple survival?"

Tous moved after she had begun to clean up her tools, something that made him quirk his eyebrow. He had obviously interrupted her practices, which to some degree was and was not his goal. With light steps he came to stop at the edge of the roof, placing his back against the above waist high glass barricade that blocked bodies from falling off.

Desirable Raider

9,875 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
User Image
                    User Image

Onyx nodded to his words, given the go-ahead.

"It's simple really. Each person is guided by the stars. And each person was born to a 'house'. I was born to South and my element is fire. The difference is of course that some people were chosen for a little bit more. Who chooses such things, I wish I knew sometimes. Anyway, the hall of virtures housed and trained such people. There were kids from all over the world there. As a type of shaman we were trained how to hone our own birth given elements so that way we may do great things with them. Naturally there are boundaries and things we must never do. Ways in which you could lose such gifts. As paladins we were trained as sword-singers. The tier goes further. Some of us at the hall of virtues were 'destined' if you will for even more. Many could not handle the responsibilities that came with it. Some of the students never made it as sword singers. Sometimes it was the opposite. Others did both. Your greatest achievement as a sword singer was becoming Ansei. And this, this was a life long journey. It wasn't like achieving belts in some karate class." she paused in speech thinking for a moment.

"I was weaker in my "elemental skills". I made a better sword singer. We used ofuda's to help channel and focus our skills, our intent, our goals. Maybe it's the whole process of writing it out that makes it more effective? I don't know." she said touching on more or less why she had done what Tous had witnessed.

"So, elemental, sword-singer, your goal is to become Ansei. Pretty easy to follow yes? Turns out there was one more level that was possible. A rider. A rider is an elemental chosen to host the spiritual embodiment of an ethereal entity. They are the balance and represent one of the five elements outlined by the constellations. These...you know of." and her right hand came up to sort of direct momentary attention in the direction of Shinjiko's shrine. She kept her eye's upon him.

"I'm a shitty elemental, a stronger sword-singer but ultimately, more importantly I am a Rider. " she got to her feet. "The phoenix rider. And in case you are wondering, there are many that represent the same element slash house, out there." onyx turned her eye's outwards to the scenery taking in it's beauty.

"You know...every human being is capable of being an elemental. For good reason I am sure, that ability has been locked away within our minds by the Gods. Perhaps in previous times such an ability has nearly destroyed us? Who knows. How this door has been opened for some of us...is not an answer I possess. And I never really even bothered to ask to be perfectly honest." she was musing now. Looking back to Tous her smile was weaker.

"Anyways, after I screwed things up for myself, I stopped attending. Stopped practicing. I didn't know that I was a Rider then. The choices I had made in my life nearly destroyed the phoenix within. I am just looking to redeem what I feel matters. So...I'm going back to my roots and picking it up again. This time...when I draw my sword it'll be for the right reasons..." was she truly ready to walk this path? Only time would tell.

Profitable Businessman

Shinjiko remained there, eyes closing as she continued to speak. It was as if he could picture her life, the things that she had done to serve a purpose she didn't appear to have chosen for herself. In his life he had heard of people like what she described, but he couldn't be sure that it was the same. It truly intrigued the man as he moved from where he had been leaning to instead sit next to her. He remained silent until she had finished speaking, it was a lot to take in but it also raised questions of his own.

"So the connection to the phoenix, or what we call Suzaku, is true. And the Ansei, what was their purpose if you don't mind me asking? And what was your purpose?"

The questions asked pointed towards a variable that perked his interest. He wouldn't share that line of thought though, but it was a an old line of thought. Tous' eyes moved up, looking at the sky that was at times streaked with clouds, though it seemed as if they never crossed the path of the sun. Inside of his mind he could only ponder what he deemed an unknown.

Desirable Raider

9,875 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
User Image
                    User Image

Tous came to sit next to her and he listened. Something that Onyx had come to treasure most in times of late. A woman like her, well...she had little friends.

"Aye, it is true." she firstly responded to the connect to Suzaku. "We Vatra tend to believe that Suzaku, though a vermilion well...there's a reason why that and the phoenix is so similar. It's the form in which her grace as taken when given to others. After all, there is only one Suzaku. One vermilion."

The next set of questions were a little more difficult to explain but she collected herself and made the attempt.
                    "A sword singer can push and pull both his slash her own energy and that of others to a degree. It is far easier and more recommended that you push and pull your own. Better control. Legendary swords men and women and of course from this sprung other legends. Like those that created nearly magical weapons, katana. I am sure you have heard. I can assure you it's all true. Some of the Vatra did obtain such weapons. Like I mentioned before, a sword singers greatest achievement was to reach Ansei." she stopped speaking. Her facial expression spoke of a person trying to figure out how best to move forward. She managed though.

"Ansei ... has been only achieved by few. It is a level after being a master sword singer and like I said is a life long journey, a journey that most never reached. Ansei can produce a sword made of ones own spirit force. A force said to be nearly unstoppable. Being cut with Ansei leaves no visibly mortal wounds. The damage is done to one's spirit. Stories even say to the soul. They are the greatest of Hachiman's warriors." she spoke softly to him.

"We Vatra, at least as the legends go, are the soldiers, lovers and worshipers of Hachiman. Our duty was to aid in the balance I suppose. That's all I know about that. As for myself...well that's the million dollar question isn't it? I do not know what my purpose was or even if I still have purpose. I turned my back against it all because...I believe that I can make my own destiny. So I went out and lived my life. ******** up my life in the process. Found out the truth far too late. I don't think the Vatra exist anymore." and there was sadness in her voice.

"I'm sorry Tous. I don't mean to bore you with my non-sense. Like...break out the violins and cry me a river right?" she said sort of laughing it off like it was nothing.

Profitable Businessman

After she spoke, he shook his head in disagreement. The woman spoke of legends that many knew, perhaps not of the same name but they were there. There were others that knew this as truth, stories only read between the lines. His interest was indeed sated, his eyes returning to fall upon Onyx as she sat there. Some things were too close to a coincidence in Tous' book, that was if he truly believed in coincidence.

"I assure you, that your tales do not bore me. In fact, they interest me to a degree that has not been peaked in many years. I've heard stories like what you've talked of... and we both know that they are not just stories. Humor me one last time, if you want, how do your days of an assassin come into play?"

In most circles it would be considered fishing, but in Tous brain, he was looking for things that connected dots. There was no doubt that there was a complete concentration on what she spoke and how it was spoken, a thing that spoke something of itself in fact. Some of things spoken of explained a lot of other things as well, and that simply caused a smile upon his face. It was a step in the right direction in his eyes, and if her stories could bring either of them a moment of peace, then so be it.

Desirable Raider

9,875 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
User Image
                    User Image

Her chuckle tapered "Hm...well good to know." she said softly with an equally soft smile as she looked at him. Of course she was referring to him telling her that her stories are not a bother to him.

"Humor me one last time, if you want, how do your days of an assassin come into play?"

Her smile slide off of her face. She looked away from him, a random spot on the ground by her heel. She was apprehensive about the idea of showing him her most darkest of marks. She figured she was on a role. Might as well. She sighed.

"When I gained my immortality I was told that in order to be free that I must kill 100,000 evil men...so, I figured that the fastest and easiest way to do that...was to become an assassin. So, I joined Redstar." she told him.

"And of course that goes against the grain for the phoenix cannot exist where darkness dwells. It was how I had been killing my phoenix. It was during a time in which I still didn't even know I had it. By the time I did learn of it...I thought it was far too late. Something it seemed made the Phoenix hang onto hope."

There were pieces to this puzzle that Onyx still was not privy to. There were things that needed to be accepted that she just couldn't bring herself to do it. Some of which was because she didn't yet see it/recognize it. Others was because she was so damn defiant. Onyx at this point could not properly communicate with her Phoenix like she ought to be able to. She had never gotten past a few incantations as Vatra, having chosen back then to focus more so on being a sword singer. She did not know that what she had been told upon given her Kessen chu was not the full order of condition either. She was not aware that her choices and defiance prevented the role she was destined to play. And it was still unknown if she would ever be able to fulfill said role properly anyways. Unaware to the fact that she had things a little wrong, she was meant to be an immortal and was never meant to repent. It was a horrible ********. Perhaps if her grandfather had leveled with her so long ago, none of this would have happened. Onyx still had a lot to figure out.

Chatty Fatcat

9,450 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
User Image
Name: Leontias Métaliene

“AGAIN With this!?”

A man sitting in a cockpit of a spacecraft leaned his head on the back of the seat, in a vain attempt to calm his nerves. He was angry but far from surprised. The XM-1221 Models were known for their faulty parts and overall problems with the gears. Which was exactly the problem now, Sometimes it would just randomly activate the landing gears without giving any due notification to him. This would explain why his ship was now; whilst completely undamaged, is inside of a three foot ditch. He pinched the bridge of his nose as his cockpit opened up, he stepped up and leaned slightly outside of it. He recalled this place, and the trouble he had managed to get himself into last time, he was partially glad it was cleared up. So maybe it would be somewhat of a relief that he saw himself back…Maybe the town would be more welcoming? He wasn’t exactly sure.

It has been a while after all.

He slid his hands into his pocket, upturning an emerald of sorts. He took a second to stare at it before bringing the emerald into his mouth and chewing on it. It had been a while since he had gemstones and he forgot how crunchy yet succulent they were. Granted they were sort of bad for a malmosian teeth but there was no harm in enjoying any candy once in a while. Maybe it was about time he though about getting something to eat. Maybe a few groceries he found cooking for himself was a bit more fun than eating out anyway...people managed to complicate things like that...

Combative Duelist

An odd warrior from the West, the afro American male, to these lands may been a foreigner. To the surroundings he had seen them before, six Winters ago.

Walking through the village, the dark skinned, crimson High top fade Swordsman stuck out like a sore thumb in his ridiculously, rather smooth hair cut and tight fit burgundy leather zipper Jacket and shiny Missing-Nin Kirigakure headband - a rather deep scratch across the missing, killed Mist ninja whose name shall not be mentioned in said story.

Clearly, the afro American didn't fit the category of traditional Tengu with Suede rampage Joggers and Nike high top Black Boots. Halting boots that dug in the ground, the Twenty-One year Gaijin shouted from his Lionheart cupped hands to his mouth aloud the name of man that would not recall the day, he abandoned Shawn Trenity to his own death.

The yell of the American warrior shredding through air.

"Korooshiiyaaaaa !!!"

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces