Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dedicated Lunatic

Silver had disappeared at the same time Light disappeared, but this time it was no coincidence.
At first Silver would not leave his room on account he was out of his 'special drink' and had neither the energy nor the patience to leave the confines of his suite. Sayne still had not returned to resupply and Light was nowhere to be found to help Silver.
His condition grew worse as he became weaker. It seemed almost fate when one day he finally slipped and broke his dresser mirror, the shards of silver glass leaving minor cuts on him as he fell to the floor. He only had the energy to look upon himself and notice that for such minor cuts, they were bleeding very freely. Shortly after this observation, he lost consciousness.
The cuts continued to bleed, but instead of forming a puddle under his limp form, the crimson liquid seemed only to evaporate, as if it never was.
Silver could only guess how much time had passed. Days? Weeks? He couldn't tell. He only knew he awoke in his cold room feeling hungry.
Wait.
Hungry?
He felt drained, but in a different way. Not empty, but fatigued.
His stomach growled softly in protest. The sound coming from his own body sounded so strange,
he thought it might have been him growling without realizing. But it wasn't his lungs, it was his gut.
Silver pushed himself to a sitting position and remained there for a few moments before forcing himself to stand, ignoring the clinking of shifting glass beneath him. He reached a hand up to rub his head, tiredly looking down at his feet. It took only a few moments of blankly staring at the floor before he caught a glimpse of a reflection of someone else staring back at him. His head jerked up, eyes wide as he searched the room for an intruder, but there was no one there.
Thinking he was just hallucinating after being out for so long, he wandered into the bathroom for a hot shower to wake himself up. Being so groggy, he took his time and was careful to not slip and fall, as his muscles were achy and sore enough.
Finishing his shower, he grabbed his towel and dried himself off before turning toward the mirror to assess how awful he must look.
In the mirror of the bathroom he saw the same face from the shard of glass on the floor staring back at him. This stranger had a more golden olive tone to his skin and had no markings on his face, and his tired eyes were a deep, golden red. Silver stared at this naked figure in the mirror in horror before he realized that the man staring back at him...was himself. He lifted a hand to touch his hair, still the same length but the shade was something between a honey blond and hazel brown.
This isn't possible. It must be a dream.
He stared in the mirror and touched his own face.
He was wide awake.
But he couldn't be. How could he?
Silver rushed out of the bathroom and opened a drawer in his nightstand, frantically shuffling the contents around to his found what he was looking for. He held a photograph in his hand of Light sitting in the shoulders of a tall man with tan skin, brown hair, and red-orange eyes. He practically tripped over himself rushing back to the bathroom before he stood in front of the mirror, his gaze jumping from the photograph to his reflection in the mirror.
The face staring back at him resembled his mother, Light, and more dominantly, the face of the man in the photograph, Chaos Talon.
His father.
Was this a dream? Or was everything he remembered a dream?
Unsure of what was and wasn't reality, Silver got dressed in a dazed state. As he went to put on his gloves, he realized he didn't need to. His hand had no stains.
Stunned, he shuffled out of his room and closed the door behind him, wandering down to the bar.
The floor felt real, and the stairs were solid. The wooden railing in his hand seemed real. But he just couldn't be sure.

4,050 Points
  • Bidding War 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Profitable 100
Arianna had taken the twins to play outside with Irina. So the only one in the bar was Eirian. She had finished clean up, the place was practically shinning with cleanliness.
Since it was quiet, she decided it was a good time for meditation. Samael was away with Aristar in some devious scheme that she didnt want to be involved with.
So she sat in the middle of the room, with her legs crossed and hands resting on her knees, her eyes closed. She had changed in the past weeks. The more she trained and learned things, the less teenage like she looked. She was going through a growth spurt. She no longer looked like a scrawny teenager. She was filling up in some places and was starting to develop some curves.
While she meditated, she had no idea she was going through another weird change herself. Her skin tone changed to a darker shade, like Jade's when she was human. Her hair took on a caramel tone. And then she heard someone coming in to the room...

Dedicated Lunatic

Silver went directly from the main doors to the kitchen, trying not to be noticed. He hardly believed that dream or not he should worry about being recognized considering how different he looked, but he still felt an irrational fear that he will be. He opened the fridge and looked for something to eat, his thoughts wandering back and forth between what looked good and what could potentially happen next. If this were reality, and he had changed, he would either be treated as a new guest that had somehow snuck in or he would be recognized and questioned. He had no idea what could cause this change, so he couldn't explain it to anyone. He knew he couldn't skulk around and hide forever. With a sigh of dismay, he turned to a cupboard and took out a package of beef jerky. He hoped this was a dream and he would wake up, still the same person he was before but he had a sinking feeling this was not the case. He mulled over his next move while he chewed on a piece of the jerky.

4,050 Points
  • Bidding War 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Profitable 100
The twins had gone through major growth spurt and had become a little more independent. They both looked as if they were 4 years old, spoke with confidence, were very observant and sharp with whatever happened around them. Arianna would've loved to enjoy them more as babies, but to her dismay, she couldn't do so. For one, Jumana could tell when she someone was lying, the little girl didn't want to tell her how she could tell and was also able to speak to animals. Argene was the quiet one and liked to spend time reading. Irina and him would read books together for hours. He had not shown any special powers but there was no doubt he did have one, considering his parentage and the manner in which he was created.
Eirian had also gone through some changes and now looked more mature and more confident about herself, though she was still a little reserved and still had a hard time opening up. She had changed her looks too. Had dyed her hair reddish brown with silver highlights, which made her look like a rock star, and still wore punk style clothing though she was more feminine than before. Irina had learned a lot too, and though she was still childish, she was very well mannered. She had discovered she had healing powers and so, Aristar would sometimes take her with him to teach her healing arts. Now that everyone was less dependent on her, Arianna had more free time to do things she enjoyed doing. In warm days, she would go outside at sunrise to do some yoga and sometimes, the girls would join her. Samael spent most of his time with Aristar so he rarely came now. Though when he did, he still loved making Eirian and Arianna flustered with his shameless flirting.

Arianna was making some cinnamon rolls and hot cocoa for the kids. Irina was in the kitchen helping her. Jumana was sitting next to Argene, both reading a book about animals. Eirian was sitting by the fireplace on the floor, her legs folded beneath her, guitar on her lap, she had sheet music around her, scribbling things on it and then would play a few notes and hum, then go back to her sheet music to make adjustments. Things had been quiet in the inn lately, much to everyone's relief.

Dedicated Lunatic

Silver hadn't known how to handle his sudden change in appearance, so he had fled the inn for some time. To his relief, he still possessed his tiger form, so instead of seeking a town he could remain in the surrounding area close to the inn without ever actually coming into contact with anyone. In his wanderings, he had discovered even his beast form changed. Instead of a black coat with crimson stripes, his fur was a dark, golden blonde like his hair color, and his stripes were a normal black. After spending his whole life looking strange and out of place, he felt even more out of place looking...normal.
This was another reason he could not face Eirian, knowing she had been born with his empty, pupil-less eyes. Eyes he no longer possessed. How could she possibly accept him this way? For a moment, he understood why Light may have rejected him besides because of her grief. Before, he resembled nothing of his parents. He had looked like the child of a stranger. It was difficult to accept that someone was related to you if they look nothing like you.
He realized he eventually had to return. In the winter, food was scarce in the mountains and his tiger fur lacked the ability to keep him warm in freezing temperatures. And he had to admit...a hot bath sounded nice. Returning meant revealing himself, but he either had to face his family, or forever run and be considered a failure of a father for walking out on his children. That was at least one quality he didn't want from his father.
Silver trudged down valley to the inn's entrance and transformed into his human form, raising a hand to push the door open. He took a moment to scowl at his warm, olive skin before entering. He smelled fresh cinnamon rolls as he awkwardly walked to the bar and took a seat.

4,050 Points
  • Bidding War 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Profitable 100
Jumana was the first one to notice the newcomer, and hopped off the couch, Argene looking puzzled and then looking at Silver with curiosity. She walked over to Silver and looked up at him with her irisless eyes, and frowned a little in what seemed to be concentration. The little girl looked as if she was 4 years old, wore her hair down in curls, and had a yellow bow, and wore a yellow dress with a cream colored cardigan. She had black shoes on and creme colored stocking. She would have made an adorable doll if it wasn't for her eerie looking eyes. After a few minutes of scrutiny, she broke into a radiant smile and said "Hello, papa..."
Argene pouted at feeling left out and hopped off the couch too, ignoring his book. He stood in beside Jumana and frowned, his green jade eyes studied him and though there was slight recognition in them, there was doubt as well.
"That's not papa, Jumana" he said
She huffed and put her hands on her waist, then said "Yes, he is! Just read him!"
Argene looked up at Silver again with a more concentrated look this time and then something clicked in his head and then he smiled at Silver and said apologetic "Hello, papa. Sorry. You just look a little different..."
Jumana reached for him to hug him, Argene was a little shier than her when it came to physical affection so he just clasped his hands behind his back, and shifted on his feet, smiling shyly at Silver.

Dedicated Lunatic

Silver was practically holding his breath as he was held under Jumana's searching gaze, then he could swear his heart stopped when she said 'Hello papa'. He supposed he had forgotten Jumana had some developing abilities that gave her a deeper sense of people.
The corner of his lips quirked up in a nervous smile that remained plastered on his face as he then fell under Argene's doubting scrutiny. As he was trapped in this awkward silence, he reflected for a moment that at least this saved him from making an awkward introduction that would have been met with skepticism.
He reached down and lifted Jumana into his lap, smiling reassuringly down at Argene.
"I look a lot different. It's okay."

4,050 Points
  • Bidding War 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Profitable 100
"Yes you do! But it's not a bad look on you" Jumana said firmly and wrapped her arms around his neck, nuzzling her face into his neck. Even though Silver didn't interact much with them, she really loved him. Arianna had alwaysbsaid she was daddy's little girl and she was.
Argene chuckled softly and said 'I wasn't scared papa. I promise'. He then approached Silver, feeling a little jealous Jumana had him all for herself, and climbed on his lap too, then hugged him.

Eirian's attention to her music shifted towards her siblings and she dropped the pencil she had. There was a strange looking man holding her siblings. She put her guitar aside and stood up, feeling a bit suspicious about the man. Her reddish brown hair was pulled up in a messy bun, she wore.black leggings and a long red sweater that almost looked like a dress. She walked over towards Silver and said 'Excuse me sir, I am really sorry if they are bothering you...'

Dedicated Lunatic

Silver softly chuckled and patted Jumana's back.
"Well, I'm happy you don't dislike the way I look. I think I'm going to look like this for a long time."
As Argene climbed onto his lap, his other arm reached around the little boy to hold him steady. He sympathetically smiled at him, relieved that at least two of his three surviving children were so far very accepting of his new appearance.
"I wouldn't have blamed you if you were scared. I was when I first saw new look."
Silver looked up at Eirian and saw the suspcious look in her eyes. He probably would react the same way if he saw a stranger holding little Sayori in their lap. He shifted to pull the photograph of Light on his father, Talon's shoulders out of his pocket.
"They're not bothering me at all. Actually, I was just about to show them what their grandfather looked like." He said, offering Eirian the photograph.

4,050 Points
  • Bidding War 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Profitable 100
Doubtful, she took the photograph and studied it. Then she looked at him as his identity dawned on her, and said with wide eyes 'Da...Father?' She said puzzled as she leaned closer to him to look at him.
Silver looked so different...so normal...and the unfairness of it all hit her like a hammer, but she didn't show it. She stood back and handed him the photo, then said with a bit of concern 'what...what happened? Are you all right?'
Jumana smiled at Eirian and said 'Daddy looks very handsome, doesn't he?'
Argene simply leaned his head on his chest and snuggled against him. It was nice to have a parent around for a change.

Dedicated Lunatic

Silver waited in suspense, expecting disbelief or an accusation that he was yet another lost child of Light's, but Eirian made sense of the situation fairly quickly. Taking the photo back, he held on to it in case Jumana or Argene wanted to see.
"To be honest, I don't really know what happened. I fell, then I woke up like this. I think the only people who might be able to explain this are Sayne or Light." He knew the two had been making themselves scarce, but it seemed odd that they hadn't come around after something like this happening.
"You haven't seen them, have you?"

4,050 Points
  • Bidding War 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Profitable 100
Eirian shook her head and said "No, I haven't seen them...it's been very...empty around here..."
She studying Silver, curious as to what may have caused his change in appearance and was rather envious of it. There were days she wanted to look normal more than anything. Aristar had shown her what the outside world looked like, amongst humans and she wanted to experience it but felt way out of place, so she didn't have the courage to go out there. Arianna had talked to her about her days in college and her travels, so she was naturally curious. All she knew were this inn's grounds, her short time in the lab and Aristar's home. Of course, in her studies and research online, she had read about many things but it was a different thing to experience them in the flesh. She sighed and pushed her thoughts aside, then gave him a small smile, and said "Well, it's nice to have you back...." then she turned towards Jumana and said "Yes, Jumana, it does suit him..."
Jumana looked up at Silver and gave him an adoring, beaming smile.

Dedicated Lunatic

Silver nodded solemn understanding, going through the options of how he could get a hold of them. His transformation wasn't an emergency. He ddidn't feel any pain or discomfort. It was just...disconcerting.
Though Eirian was trying to hide it, he could sense some negative feelings coming from her and he found himself feeling guilty for something he couldn't help.
He wistfully smiled and shrugged.
"I guess now Light can say I've gotten more from my father besides his temper." Silver had largely outgrown this said temper, but he suspected it was the only way Light could see past the fact that he didn't look like Talon. He wondered how she would react at now seeing her son as the spitting image of his father. Feeling a bit uncomfortable about talking about his new appearance, he changed the subject.
"For how quiet it's been, it sure seemed like all three of you have changed too."

4,050 Points
  • Bidding War 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Profitable 100
Eirian smiled and said a bit shy "Yes, we have. well, mostly these two...they're not babies anymore. I can't say I miss changing their diapers but I do miss seeing them crawling about, getting into trouble..." and chuckled at seeing Jumana's frowny face. Jumana stuck out her tongue and giggled. Argene had fallen asleep against Silver, he felt very comforted and at peace in the arms of his father.
"You've changed too, sister" Jumana said and smiled at her, then said to Silver "Doesn't she look really pretty? That hair color and haircut really suits her. Arianna did it for her. We all think she looks more grown up..."
Eirian rolled her eyes and blushed slightly, but was smiling.
"I supposed I have changed a little..." she said
"Don't forget you can also knock Samael on his butt know that your fighting skills are better..." Arianna said popping her head out of the kitchen. She had heard Silver's voice so she came out to greet up but stopped short. There was a very good looking stranger holding her charges...she narrowed her eyes for a moment suspiciously. Wiping her hands clean on her apron, she came out and said "Hello there...are you a returning customer of the inn? Is there something we can help you with?"

Dedicated Lunatic

"Oh, they can still get into trouble, only now it's bigger trouble." Silver softly chuckled and gently shook Jumana, being careful not to stir Argene too much. He remembered when Sayori was growing from a tiny, helpless infant to a toddler with innocent eyes so adorable she probably could have gotten away with murder. And now...Well, now she was holed up in Zeno's castle. Right. The older they get, the bigger trouble they get into and the less you can do about it. Silver was thankful that his children seemed fairly content at the inn. Though he knew the time would come when each of them would want to branch out on their own.
"Eirian is very pretty, Jumana." Silver smiled as he agreed with the little one. His mouth started to open to say something else, but what ever it was he completely forgot as he turned his head to see Arianna coming out of the kitchen...With an even more fierce look of suspicion Eirian had on her face only a few moments ago.
"Arianna, it's me, Silver." He watched for her reaction, somewhat wary. But with Jumana and Argene in his arms he doubted things could get too awfully out of hand.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff