Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why the heck are you here of all places??

I was hoping the dorms would come back to life again. 0.21311475409836 21.3% [ 26 ]
This place gives me a tiny, nostalgic feeling for some reason. 0.29508196721311 29.5% [ 36 ]
I felt like paying homage to this tiny corner of the world. 0.09016393442623 9.0% [ 11 ]
I was just ninja-ing around...and now I'm gone! 0.17213114754098 17.2% [ 21 ]
Hand over the gold. 0.22950819672131 23.0% [ 28 ]
Total Votes:[ 122 ]

Truthful Gawker

Intro

Yep, hard to believe, but its true...I'm the guy who owns a girls' dorms. Who knows what sorts of trouble will go on if I take responsibility of it all. sweatdrop
Anyone and everyone is welcome to visit the dorms, the hotsprings, or the cafe here at the Hinata. 3nodding
User Image

Right next to the dorms is Cafe Hinata, for you eating and drinking needs. If you don't feel like walking the distance to this building, you can still get the same items inside where the kitchen is. ^o^
User Image

Here we are, the lobby right at the entrance inside the Hinata Girls' Dorm. ^-^
User Image

Here is the landlord's room, or my room if you think about it. sweatdrop
User Image

This is what a typical room looks like. Girls are the only ones who can get rooms at the dorms. If you're a guy, you can't get a room, but that doesn't mean you can't bunk in with a girl, if they let you that is. whee
User Image

And here we have a little view of what the hot spring looks like. Don't worry, it's a bit bigger than it looks. You can take a dip in the warm, relaxing waters whenever you feel like. If bathing outdoors in just a towel isn't your thing, the changing room nearby has a room full of bathing suits in case you don't have one yourself. Of course, considering this is a girl's dormitory, there are only female swimsuits at the moment. They come in either school swimsuits, two-piece bikinis, and whatever other swim attire I may have forgotten to mention.
User Image

By some magical alteration in reality, we now have a karaoke room near the lobby area. You can thank Konata Izumi for this new addition to the Hinata. Whether or not you'll see me in there, that remains to be seen. Anywho, if you feel like developing your singing voice, singing your heart out, or just want to get drunk (please don't get too out of control) and sing sweet gibberish music, then you're welcome to go in there and have some fun. 11/19/14
User Image

Guidelines

If you happen to be the kind of person who's a little busy with life, but still wants to RP every now and then to maybe unwind or have a little fun, then that's what the Hinata is for. I'm trying to post at least once a day to once a week, though I'd feel bad to let people wait for a week if they happen to want me to respond. So you can try and follow the same loose format if you'd like, though active posters are more than welcome.

To keep the thread from looking too messy, try not to make quote towers. I don't require it, especially since I usually don't do this myself, but if you want to make sure that another person that you're RPing with knows that you responded to them, quote them. Just erase everything in between the quote. Like:

And Densho waved his hand.
"Hey there Supa!"
Supacalifragilisticixpialidocious

Try to separate your OOC from your RP. You can use double [[ brackets ]], double((parentheses)), or any other creative way you can think of, just so long if it looks obvious that it must be OOC.

There isn't really a main storyline to follow. I just ask that you try to help make a fun and entertaining story when RPing with people in the thread. Though, if you can, try to RP with others that don't seem to have anyone else to RP with. I do my best to RP with everyone to not leave anybody out. I don't like being ignored, and I'm sure others would feel the same way. Just about anything goes when it comes to making the story fun and entertaining. Of course, don't go off and god-mode and destroy anything and everything in your path.

If you're going to attack someone, at least give the person who's receiving the attack a chance to defend themselves. It can make a story more interesting if the other were given a chance to receive the attack, dodge it, or maybe even counterattack. However, this is just if you're simply RPing without wanting things to be too complicated.

In connection with the attacking, if you really want it to be random where you don't know whether you're character or your adversary will come out on top, try Roll Dice from Post Action. I was thinking that this could be the way that fights or matches (doesn't always have to have violence involved) could take place around the Hinata. Both people will start with the same number of hearts, however many the both of you think you should have for the length of your fight, though 3 hearts will be the default, and each heart has 10 HP. For the most part, a person's HP can't go more than 10, except for some special situations which will present itself in the future. Basically, an attack depletes the HP first, and once it reaches 0 or less, 1 heart is taken away, and you start with 10 HP again, repeating the whole process until someone has 0 hearts and 0 HP. The person with 0 hearts and 0 HP loses the fight. Since this is the first time trying out this method, it'll be tweaked a bit to try to balance things out and make things fair when need be.

To find out exactly which way a person's HP will go, both people should throw two 6-sided dices before both people actually start the match. The dices will guide you as to what your next post should be like. (For example, if you rolled an Attack dice, then your next post would make more sense if you had some sort of attack action for your RP character.) I know everything can't be perfect, and some things might not make sense in the story if you had to do the sort of actions that the dice reveals. That's why it's just the recommended action you should take, but do what you need to do to keep the story understandable. (For instance, both people rolled a Counterattack dice, and according to the rules below, nothing happens. So no one loses or gains HP. Both people don't have to stand around and pose like you're counterattacking. You can do something else like the both of you attacking at the same time but come out with a stalemate.) All that matters is that whatever happens during the match, at the very least, the both of you just need to remember to add or subtract HP after each round, remove a heart when someone reaches 0 HP, and that you know who won or lost in the end.

Don't forget to keep rolling two 6-sided dice on each of your posts until someone finally wins the match. The first dice will determine what your character will do: 1 and 4 will be an Attack; 2 and 5 will be Defending; and 3 and 6 will be a Counterattack. The second dice will determine the strength of the first dice. One round is completed after both people have rolled their dice and determined who does what. Just repeat the whole process until someone wins. To give you an idea, this game is somewhat played like rock, paper, scissors.

Should both people roll an Attack, both will reduce HP by the amount shown on their respective second dice to the other person.

If it's an Attack and a Defend, the person attacking will have his Attack cut in half, rounded up. Should that Attack still be more than the Defending dice number, then the person defending will have his HP depleted by Attack minus Defense. (Att: 6 Def: 1 -> Att: 3 Def: 1 -> 3 - 1 = 2 HP lost to Defender) However, if the Defending dice number is greater than half of the Attacking dice number, then the defending person recovers HP by Defense minus Attack. (Att: 2 Def: 6 -> Att: 1 Def: 6 -> 6 - 1 = 5 HP recovered to Defender) Just remember that you can't go over 10 HP for normal circumstances. Also, you can't recover a heart if you lost one beforehand and happen to gain some HP that goes over 10 HP. Wouldn't want to have a match keep going on forever.

If it's Attack and Counterattack, the Attack is completely nullified to 0, whereas Counterattack does the amount of damage that is stated on the second dice.

If it's Defend and Defend, both people will heal HP by the amount shown on each person's respective second dice. Again, you can't recover a heart if you lost one beforehand and happen to gain some HP that goes over 10 HP.

If it's Defend and Counterattack, nothing happens for the counterattacker, but the defender heals HP by the amount shown on his second dice. Once again, you can't recover a heart if you lost one beforehand and happen to gain some HP that goes over 10 HP.

If it's Counterattack and Counterattack, no one gains or loses HP.

While this is happening, you're still RPing. Try to match your actions with whatever you rolled from your first dice. I think the order of posts matters, so just RP like normal at first. Whoever wins a round, the next set of posts should have the winner post last. Basically, these are considered the winners of a round: Attacker (whose strength is more than the Defender strength); Defender (whose strength is more than the Attacker strength); Defender (against a Counterattacker); and Counterattacker (against an Attacker). Other combinations, just post as you did before. (i.e. Ai posted first, Mi posted second: Both Ai and Mi rolled a Defend dice, so the next posts will still be Ai first and Mi second. If Mi posted first, Ai posted second: Mi rolled a Counterattack dice and Ai rolled an Attack dice, then the next set of posts would have Ai post first and Mi post second.)
I know, this all looks complicated right now, so it's best to show an example. When such a time actually happens, I'll update this to refer you to the proper page as to how this sort of fight/match will be done. Also, for the time being, let's keep the matches one on one. I have some idea of how to have group matches, but let's just keep it simple for now. Other people can still be part of the match to keep things random and hopefully make a more interesting story, though those people can't help in healing or dealing damage to either people involved in a match. At least this can prevent people from ganging up on one person and resulting in a likely victory for the person with a bigger group on his/her side.

Remember that this is an RP. So there could be some chaos, some fun, some drama, and all kinds of other things in between. The way I see it, everything is just make believe and all in good fun. Just because someone says they hate you doesn't mean that they actually hate you. That's your chance to make your RP character react in however way you want, whether like you yourself normally would, or some other unexpected way. If it was said in OOC, then...uh, alright, there might be a problem. The point is, try not to let anything and everything that happens during an RP be taken seriously. Just have fun with it and be entertained when you can.

PM me if there's a problem, whether it's with another person (myself included) or in regards to some other concern and I'll try to help find a solution. My goal is to try and have everyone who RPs in here to be entertained and have fun. PM me about any suggestions (like changing or adding a new rule to improve things, or a storyline to try) and we'll see if it can be possible.

One out-of-the-ordinary thing that's going on in the Hinata at the moment is that different anime characters will make appearances. You can try and adopt an anime character and RP that person or animal, along with your own RP character. Of course, try to do this only if you really know how that anime character would act most of the time. Just let me know by PMing me on which anime character you'd like to try and RP as before you start RPing as that character. I'd like to prevent two of the same characters from appearing at the same time, at least for now. This might be lengthy to explain, so I'm hoping that referring you to the particular page where this whole thing began might shed some light as to how your anime RP character should go about their business. (Starts here). Just pay attention to Hinata-sou Special Guest's Yuki Nagato for what's going on. If you still don't understand, PM me and I'll do my best to explain. If you still don't understand after that, no worries. Just set the adopting an anime character idea to the side and RP with your own character. It's just an idea if you're interested is all.

These guidelines can be changed at anytime should there be a need to. I'll try to at least announce the changes with a date on it so that you know what was recently changed. Aside from doing anything that shouldn't be done as stated in Gaia Terms of Services, Gaia-Appropriate Roleplay and from the other guidelines above, please visit the Hinata and have some fun!

Bulletin Board

1/1/19

Alright, maybe I should just not use this bulletin board since I use it only once or twice a year. Heck, it's been more than three years since I last put anything of importance up here. Oh well, I'll just use it since it's my bulletin board anyways. I can do whatever I want with it.

It's 2019 and things have been changing around the place, and I'm not really talking about the dorms in particular. That said, I wonder what this year will bring...and how long before I decide to post something else on this bulletin board. Hopefully not another three years or something...though it's probably gonna happen. Future me, you suck...

4/5/15

Jeez, can't believe that ten years ago, I took control of the Hinata Girls Dorms. There's been some bad times, but there's also been plenty of other good times to offset that. To all the people from the beginning, to now, and on to the future, thanks for continuing to have fun at the Hinata.

On a side note, it's nice to keep dreaming, right? Like being in that job you always wanted to be when you were a kid, having lots of money, getting that cute girl (or that hunky guy), and everything else in between. I hope that someday, the Hinata Dorms will become number 1 around here (Gaia Commerce). We're gunning for your crown, VC and GB! (Friendly competition of course.)

2/21/15

Alright...I just got bitten by Yuki Nagato, and now I suddenly have the power to change my, er, genetic...structure? I think that's what it was. Anyways, I can basically use just about any power that exists, and other people can do the same if I let them. I guess if some sort of trouble starts brewing from that portal, I'll need all the help I can get to keep things under control.

12/14/14

Guess my gut instincts were right. Something strange just happened, and it seems that I accidentally created some sort of portal to some universe where anime exists. I don't know if this'll be good or not, but so far, a certain Yuki Nagato and Konata Izumi just visited the Hinata. Who knows who else might pay a visit. I think I'll have to start writing down what happens from now until whenever in my journal, seeing as this is something that normally doesn't happen.

10/25/14

Just returned from being stuck in a different time. Although I'd like to just relax and enjoy being back home, I have a feeling something strange is going to happen...again. Randomness always seems to follow me around, after all. ( ̄^ ̄)ゞ

Room Listing

First Floor (Reserved)
-> - Room 401

-> - Room 402

-> - Room 403

-> - Room 404

-> - Room 405

I AM THE RAPTURE - Room 406 7/2/08

Yoyo Illuser - Room 407 8/20/07

Densho - Room 408 8/4/07

-> - Room 409

-> - Room 410

Second Floor (Reserved)
-> - Room 501

Rem Rem Kitty w/Zehaden - Room 502 8/26/07

-> - Room 503

-> - Room 504

-> - Room 505

-> - Room 506

Kitsukura-chan - Room 507 7/20/08

-> - Room 508

-> - Room 509

-> - Room 510

-> - Room 511

-> - Room 512

-> - Room 513

Konata Izumi - Room 514 12/14/14

-> - Room 515

Third Floor
Satsui Tsukiyomi - Room 601 6/4/10

-> - Room 602

-> - Room 603

-> - Room 604

-> - Room 605

-> - Room 606

-> - Room 607

-> - Room 608

-> - Room 609

-> - Room 610

-> - Room 611

Chii-chanx - Room 612 7/10/08

-> - Room 613

-> - Room 614

-> - Room 615

Fourth Floor
Gentil Amant_Plaisir - Room 701 11/1/13

-> - Room 702

-> - Room 703

-> - Room 704

-> - Room 705

-> - Room 706

-> - Room 707

-> - Room 708

-> - Room 709

-> - Room 710

-> - Room 711

-> - Room 712

-> - Room 713

-> - Room 714

BelldandyOMG - Room 715 1/6/14

You Are Here

To be updated sometime in the future. 4/5/15

First Floor
User Image

Second Floor
User Image

Third Floor
User Image

Those Who Help Keep The Hinata On Its Feet

User Image
Densho Hirokeshi
Kanrinin of the Hinata Girls Dorms and Hotsprings

User Image
.......Kojo
Manager of the Hinata Girls Dorms and Hotsprings

User Image
...Kitsukura
Captain of the KISS Brigade

User Image
(Has many names of different anime characters.)
Special Guests of the Hinata

Siggyfied Banners

User Image
[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7059181]
[img]http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a120/nandeska/hinata2.jpg[/img][/url]

User Image
[img]http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a120/nandeska/hinata3.jpg[/img][/url]

User Image
[img]http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a120/nandeska/hinata5.jpg[/img][/url]

User Image
[img]http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a120/nandeska/hinata6.jpg[/img][/url]

User Image
[img]http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a120/nandeska/hinata7.jpg[/img][/url]

Interesting Places Not Far From the Hinata

Wall of Doom

Suspected Noobs

Doomed Noobs

Hmm. Something tells me this place is..Quiet. ^ ^ -Slid in..Quietly, looking for the owner.- Helllooo?

Truthful Gawker

Hero=AllYours
Hmm. Something tells me this place is..Quiet. ^ ^ -Slid in..Quietly, looking for the owner.- Helllooo?

*hears someone*
AACK!!! oh no, a first customer!
i'm coming hold on a sec!
*rushes to the front without anything but his towel*
Densho
Hero=AllYours

*hears someone*

-She took one look at him and...Burst out laughing.-

Truthful Gawker

Hero=AllYours
Densho
Hero=AllYours

*hears someone*

um...is something the matter there, miss?
*looks down to see he's only in a towel*
OH NOOO!!! gonk i'll be right back
*starts running towards the hot springs but slips from the water trails left behind and smacks his face on the ground*
-SMACK-@_@ herllll???
Densho
Hero=AllYours
Densho
Hero=AllYours

*hears someone*

*starts running towards the hot springs but slips from the water trails left behind and smacks his face on the ground*
-SMACK-@_@ herllll???

-She giggled and wandered to him, stretching her hand out towards him to help him up.-

Truthful Gawker

Hero=AllYours
Densho
Hero=AllYours
Densho
Hero=AllYours

*hears someone*

-SMACK-@_@ herllll???

-She giggled and wandered to him, stretching her hand out towards him to help him up.-

um...thanks 3nodding
*as den gets up, his towel slips from his waist*
Densho
Hero=AllYours
Densho
Hero=AllYours
Densho
Hero=AllYours

*hears someone*

-SMACK-@_@ herllll???

um...thanks 3nodding
*as den gets up, his towel slips from his waist*

-She stopped giggling, and looked at him, turning bright red, grabbing his towel before it slipped down completely, and holding it up for him..- sweatdrop

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff