Total Votes:[ 8 ]
<< < 1 2 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... 143 144 145 > >> >>> »|

Dangerous Lunatic

6,500 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Maxwell Brooks

Location:The Alibi. Mood:Content. Company:Patrons of The Alibi.

User Image
Maxwell had finished his drink when the gorgeous red head stepped inside. His crimson eyes flicked over to her almost immediately. The pale man sat his glass down, and pulled one like it from behind the counter. He set it on the bar, and turned around to grab the kind of vodka she liked to turn back and set it on the counter beside the glass. He did this before she even asked if he missed her, or ordered her drink.

He smirked, and opened the bottle spinning it around on his palm. He looked at her, and nodded with a smile on his face. "Absolutely. You changed your hair, I like it." He didn't take his eyes off of her as he poured the strong, clear liquid filling up her glass nearly to the brim. Maxwell flipped the bottle around to it's right side up position, not bothering to look away. He set it on the counter, and laid the cap over the rim. "I assume your day went well? Getting dolled up usually puts women in a good mood. At least from my previous experiences with the female gender. Though it has been some time." His words were spoken with humor, though they were still very proper.

stillnohero's Husband

Toothsome Reveler

Just like a shark I will tear you apart...
you wont even know what you did...

User Image

█████████████████████████xx𝕂𝕒𝕚 𝕃𝕠𝕦𝕧𝕖𝕝𝕝𝕖xx█████████████████████████

"You like touchin' my face specifically or you just fancy ugly ********]
Kai snorted, and the sound was loud and unladylike in the quiet of the backyard.
"Shut up." she told him amiably as she shoved his shoulder, shaking her head.
She didnt consider Rod ugly. Make no mistake, he was no looker to be sure, with half his face melted so the only uniformity left was his eyes; but that ruined half of his face was just a part of his character now. He would have been incomplete without it, and so it did not bother her as it might have bothered some. She did not flinch away from touching him, even when her fingers met warped and twisted flesh. It was just a different texture.
This was how Kai made friends. Touch.
It got mistaken for flirting more often than she'd like, but she couldnt blame anyone for the misconception. It was the cultural standard, that touch meant intimacy. Rarely did people differentiate between the different kinds of intimacy that a single touch could mean.
Kai had lovers; and she had potential lovers.
Rod was too volatile to add to that mix.
That didnt mean she would not offer the comfort of touch, when she thought he needed it.
Rod was a hireling, but he was still one of her people.
She took that more seriously than some. It made her responsible for him. Not just his pay, or the way his actions reflected on her and her place of business, but for his well-being.
It was an Old World rule, one of those unspoken things that are true but never discussed.
The strength of the pack is the wolf, and the strength of the wolf is the pack.

Still, she let her hands fall away, absently wiping the smear of blood off of her thumb and on to the soft grey of her pants before she could realize what she was doing and swear in a half hearted fashion at the stain she had left on the expensive cloth.
"Ahdamn, that'll never come out now..."
She watched silently, leaning back a little so her weight rested on her arms that kept her propped up as Rod reacted to the soft squeaking of the little nocturnal flyers around them.
At first, she thought from the quickness of his motion that he'd killed one of the creatures.
She was pleased when she heard the soft squeaking from the palm of his hand that denoted the creature was still alive.

Gold eyes watched with curiosity as he stroked it, soothing its terrified tremors until it sat still and docile in his palm.
"Wanna hold my bat?"
Her lips curled into a faintly reuful smile at one corner, still looking down at the awkward bundle of fur and leathery wings, who's scrunched up, wrinkled face should not have been cute..and yet, oddly, was.
"...critters tend not to like me." she said, a touch of sadness in her voice. Kai liked animals too.
Problem was, not many animals like wolves.

She watched the little bat for a moment longer before she spoke again.
"You cant keep fighting me, in front of folk." she said softly. "You rare your head and snap like that, it makes me look like I dont got control over my own people. I cant afford that, Rod."
Not just because other competitors in the city would be watching her like a hawk, either.
If Vincent came to visit, and order was not kept in her House...if it looked like she couldnt manage what she had started here....
The little wolf shook her head.
"I aint takin' your teeth. Someone comes in here actually causing trouble, draws blood or threatens one of my folk, you bounce him. You break him in half or kill 'im if you need to, I dont much care. But I cant have you snapping at the heels of any weirdo what looks at you sideways. I cant have you questioning the way I do business." Her eyes came up to meet his, and gold clashed with black, holding there firmly. "This ain't a heirarchy like you seem to think it is. You prove yourself good to me, you be loyal and you serve well, and you'll get taken care of yourself. But this aint a game where you get to work yourself up to Mob Boss. You wanna be someones Master, you go in to business for yourself. You can leave with my blessing and a paycheck for the hours you put in. Here, you're no mans Master - least of all mine. All that talk of us being top dog, and putting our Masters under our heel? That s**t stops now. I've shot men for suggesting less."
There was a coldness in her eyes now that suggested her words were true. Rod was not the only one who played Guard Dog in this building.
Kai took threats against Vincent with a deadly seriousness, and had a long history of putting nice, large bullet holes in people for whispering things that Rod had all but shouted.
Her own brother was dead, for a similar threat. Her sister for even less.
"So heres the deal I'm makin you. You do as I say, when folk are about. Even when you dont like it. Even when you dont agree. You do it quiet-like, and when all is said and done you can b***h me out for it here in private, and run me down a laundry list of s**t you think im doin' wrong. If I think you got valid points, I'll listen. Im not unreasonable. But I cant have you fighting me or standing with tension when theres eyes watching. If that aint something you think you can do..."
The little wolf shrugged a little and stood, waiting for Rods response.

"But if it is something you can do, then you'll pull a nice fat paycheck here. Enough to be comfortable, buy a few girls and never be lonely again. Word of advice though, they dont like to bed in the dirt usually..."
she added with a flicker of a grin.
"I like you, Rod. You're a good sort...but I got more than a paycheck on the line here. I dont need any more...complications."

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...and I'll try to spare you the pain of my jaws
...but it's just in my nature to rip and to shred

User Image
        User Image

Location: Enjoying her cancer stick on the porch. Emotion: Bewilderment..? Wearing:
        Let it go … Current Status: Healthy OCC:

Oh No.
        Doll sat back, astounded at the fact her drink was awaiting those pretty lips to grace them. Bartenders knowing your drink, was usually not a very good sign. It normally pointed to flaws, like alcoholism, depression, and possible one night stands. Although, for this time, this one and only time, it was flattering; at least for now. But the beauty could only grin, as she reached for her drink. ”You good at this Maxwell. I impressed.” Transitions were hard for the rag puppet, hopefully the meaning in her words were found. A tiny wrist flicked slightly as she lifted the drink, the scent of her airy perfume following behind it. She took a sip, before a thin eyebrow raised to his next statement.
        ”My hair?” She had changed the style indeed, but as most females followed, it would only last a few hours at the most. Women were never happy. Cardinal rule. Her hands fell to her shoulders, as the Doll twirled a strand around a thick strand. ”Thank you.” She unsurprisingly reacted, admiring Maxwell’s natural path around a bottle. ”You lie Maxwell. I no buy that women not crawling over you. You sweet, kind, observant, not many men have these qualities. Believe me, I know.” A job reference drop? A self-stab at her own esteem? No. Doll was just painfully honest. ”But, even if it is true, you not missing much. Humanity in whole…has fallen, woman, just as much, if not more, than men. Really, you better off having pet dog.” Doll lifted her glass for a cheers, her sheepish smile never fading. The Russian wasn’t awkward, but she never had a problem saying what she wanted. In fact, she felt it was her job. Oh how she hated quiet people. Species too fearful of social rules to speak their mind, that is what really drove the Easterner crazy. Too bad most men thought the exact opposite…
        ”My day alright. Supposed to be vacation, but I worry about my girls when I gone.” She paused only to let out a regretful laugh, one that did in turn become awkward. ”How bout you?”

Dangerous Lunatic

6,500 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Maxwell Brooks

User Image
Maxwell shook his head, and laughed a bit more. "I have seen you in here several times, and you always order the same thing. You could not expect me to know your order if you ever ordered more than a simple glass of Everclear vodka." If anyone else came in, and ordered the same drink repeatedly he would treat them the same. He did favor her since not many other customers bothered to converse with him like she did. He nodded once more when she mentioned her hair, and expressed gratitude. "You are welcome. I must admit I liked it better before. To each their own though."

Maxwell pulled his glass over towards himself, and flung the lid off of the vodka bottle to pour himself a glass full. He picked the lid off of the bar, and laid it back on the rim of the bottle. He laughed again, shaking his head. "Most women do not know that I am over the age of twenty-one. And I thank you for the compliment. I am old fashioned in the way I treat women. And I am a one-woman-kind-of-man." His words were absolute, and he didn't go back on them. He wasn't the type of guy who went for the one night stand. "Both men, and women have transgressed. There are still a few good men, and a few good women out there I am sure."

Maxwell lifted his glass when she tilted her glass, tilting his own towards her. He drank down some of the strong, clear liquid and shook his head. He preferred dark liquor, but didn't want to drink all of the single malt whiskey. "I do know what you mean. I have a son, and I worry about him often. As for my day, it went along smoothly."

Beloved Knight

Kallistiae

He released the bat wordlessly. It fluttered like a dancer unto it's own song, a mechanical grace to it's twisting ascent into the star spackled abyss. Off shoots of nebulas collided across the onyx surface of Rod's eyes, and he seemed to expand slightly, the call of the pseudo-steel within beginning it's unwinding process. It was inevitable, the coil that riveted his every bone as alive in him as he was alive outside it's dominating presence; it needed to stretch, live it's own way in a world where it could relax and take root in it's dormant stage in peace. The dirt called to Rod, but he held his form because though the steel demanded attention, he was it's truest master still and he did not take orders from himself. He had time yet, an hour or so until the itching set in. And even then? He would become the monster if he had to, and what did that consist of? Several more feet gained and getting a hell of a lot uglier? Rod unlaced his shoe laces and kicked off his boots, tearing away his socks to place them to the rotted bench at the side of the back porch steps. He didn't bear any smell, oddly enough.

"[******** a monk. What's he to think. Like he'd spare opinions with anyone but his inner s**t-all. Don't trust the bald ********] He sniveled at how the monk hadn't wanted to show his weapons, shaking his head slowly. "But I ain't no fool. I won't bad mouth your Russian when he comes in, ********' drugga that he is. You want me to play nice than I can play nice like a good little soldier." He spit to the side and tapped Kai with his lone finger, his vision sweeping her golden oculars up into his own endless eyes. "I don't start fights. I end them. You have seen me merciful..." He gestured towards where the bat had fluttered off, eyes widening to encompass all of Kai's vision into his own. His teeth for the first time shifted in front of the wolf first hand, glimmering rows of arrow head sized teeth crackling their way to the surface of Rod's bleeding gums, each one viciously serrated to their tips to a needle fine point. "I will not question your authority, if you will not question my judgment until necessary."

"I'm your guardian Ms. Louvelle. I keep your name, your body, and your property safe... Trust that I wouldn't jeopardize all of those things by being a hot headed, unstable, insubordinate, c**t." He lightly, lightly tapped Kai on the arm.

"Ya ********' drugga."
        User Image
        User Image

Location: Enjoying her conversation with Maxwell Emotion: Bewilderment..? Wearing:

”You over 21!?” The puppet’s mouth formed a perfect ‘O’ in response to accusation that Maxwell reveled. Her eyebrows even claimed surprise at the statement, he looked so young! Doll even had to admit she felt a little odd, even though, she, herself was only 25. Well…before the stitch-like substance found itself on her skin. She placed her drink back on the counter, shaking her head in astonishment
        Wow. What a…
        Amusing face. Doll then giggled softly, indicating a well-played joke on the handsome man. Oh, she was ******** with him. Very little caused the little lady to wonder anymore…
        ”I kid, of course. You work bar. You either over 21 or undercover cop. Though you seem nice, I no think your intentions are pure enough for narc.” She clinked against his glass, and took a hearty sip. Okay, maybe Vodka was her thing…

”I guess I should mix it up. I would tomorrow, like a lime slice as well. It big step, keep up Master M!” The red-head smirked, feeling rather giddy, talking the nice man. Oh, she needed friends. It was not a good sign on the street when her best buddy was the one with a key to the alcohol. ”But truly, now-a-day, most bartenders suck. They hoity blonds, with fake attributes, fighting for tip. Very rare you meet one who enjoys job. Honest, you would be god in Russia.” The emerald eyes of the woman quickly flashed back, to the mans blood orbs, as she spoke again. ”We a genepool, who place large importance on celebrating life, both good, and bad. We want people we can celebrate with us. Not serve us.”
        Cheers to that.
        Doll shrugged her shoulders, allowing the memories of her home land to fill her for a moment, before…”I not cut it. It looks short, but really, I just clever and good with blowdryer and bobby pins.” A green shadowed, jaded eye winked again, playfully indicating another amusing poke at her new friend. Doll was a very joking person, although it almost seemed as if a mix of sarcasm and serious undertone fell as freely as the accent. ”Men like you are a diamond, now-a-day. Look, trust me. I own brothel. I see, between all six of my girl, hundreds of thousands a week. They all the same. I promise. Women are no better. “ Doll took a sip, and thoughtfully considered her next words. She rarely admitted her job, even though she was no longer a working girl. A lot of people cast her as a terrible person because of it, so rather than breaking freshly done nails on someone else’s face, she remained quiet. ”I assure there are good ones out there. I meet few. But it is a dying breed.”
        But then, the honesty spell suddenly broke. ”A son?” Now she was intrigued. It was odd, as some would say, but Doll took a very special interest in children. She, herself had been a parent, and found that there were some things that could only be spoken of in like company. ”You look no more than 21, remember? How old is he?”

Dangerous Lunatic

6,500 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Maxwell Brooks

User Image
Maxwell laughed once more at her assessment of his age, and shook his head. She was a riot to say the least, and he hadn't laughed in a while. He brought his right hand up, bringing up three slim pale digits. "I am over three-hundred Doll. I have never been involved with the police, and I do not care for the one's who abuse their power." Maxwell took his glass of vodka to his lips, and drank some of it before replacing it on the counter. He laughed again as she said she would mix it up, and order a slice of lime with her Everclear. "You have a good sense of humor."

Maxwell shook his head when she began complimenting his bartending skills. Before he worked for Kai, he had never tended a bar in his life. He honestly didn't even need the job he currently held. Three hundred years of life allows you to make enough money to survive an eternity. He simply liked the people, and wanted to learn the trade to suit his own purposes. "I only know how to entertain by flipping bottles upside down. I do not know the ingredients to any mixed drinks, and have been lucky that the patrons here order straight drinks for the most part."

He also didn't know anything about owning a business. His money came from investments, and simply surviving while saving. Maxwell wasn't the type to by private jets, and large mansions. He enjoyed the simple things. He didn't open his mouth when she mentioned owning a brothel since the thought of it made his blood boil. "I am not looking, but it would be nice to have someone to be with." He smiled, and nodded when she mentioned his son. "Yes, I have a son. He is half vampire. His name is Jack, and he is one-hundred and eighty-six."
        User Image
        User Image

Location: Enjoying her cancer stick on the porch. Emotion: Bewilderment..? Wearing:

”You look good for 300. Very nice.” Doll retorted to his hand gesture. While she was grinning, she was also being honest. Because beauty ran deep into her profession, she was more than happy to complement pretty people. After all, the world was a depressing place. Complementing someones looks was about as close as Doll knew to get a smile in return.

People were so vain.
        But the Russian still managed to let out a small chortle, and nodded. With the things she had seen, she could truly understand the not looking. After all, the puppet was closer to burning down all of humanity than settling down. It was certainly not out of the realm of possibility, but there were a few things to get out of the way. Her girls being one of them. As far as the age thing? It was odd. Doll grimaced in her mind about the thought of a supernatural being….But, she hid it well. After all, everyone was worth a chance in her eyes. Personality was one thing, morality was something that could be judged, but only after knowing the defended.
        ”I think you do good. Only room to improve, right?” Doll said, indicating to the many bottles behind him. Thousands of drink combinations, she would of course love to try them all. Or she would just help her bartender friend out. Either way.
        ”Wow. Over hundred. Do they get special birthday for that? Like, sweet…hundred? A new car?” Doll may have sounded ignorant, but it wasn’t her intention. She was very interested in learning about people, people in general. ”My son..” Doll stopped for a moment, her breath becoming rather shallow. ”Well. He is five.” Is. Is. Is.
        How she hated that word.
        ”I bet their fun when their older.”

Dangerous Lunatic

6,500 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Maxwell Brooks

User Image
Maxwell smiled, shrugging his shoulders. "Thank you. You look good period." He said with humor in his voice though he was serious. He lifted his glass for another drink of vodka, not relishing the nasty aftertaste it left behind at all. He nodded when she turned the subject to his newly obtained profession. "I do good as long as I do not have to mix up to many ingredients. I do hope to improve though. If you have any tips, they would be appreciated."

Maxwell picked his glass up to finish the last shot of his vodka, setting the glass back down. "Tell me that you do not actually like this stuff." He made a gagging noise as if to say that it wasn't good. "You must have a strong stomach." Maxwell let out another small laugh as she spoke of his son once more, someone he hadn't seen in twenty years at least. Twenty years was nothing to the half demon, but it felt like more. He simply shook his head. "We meet up every twenty-five years on his birthday. He is very wealthy so I buy him something meaningful that will last a long time. We spend the day together, and leave when the sun rises. He was much more fun when he was younger. We fought together, and spent much time together since I did not meet him until he was older."

Maxwell smiled when she mentioned having a son of her own that was five. "Do you see him often? It is important since when they are older they develop opinions about the world that will most likely conflict with yours." The pale man laughed a bit.
        User Image
        User Image

Let it go … Current Status: Healthy OCC: Last for the night. I’m exhausted.

At the mention of looking good, Doll should have ignored. Normally that came after or before a request, nine times out of ten a request involving the bedroom. It lead for an awkward moment when the puppet explained that as a “Madam,” She was no longer on the clock, and could make her own decisions about those types of matter. However, nothing came. Doll raised an eyebrow, completely taken aback.
        ”Oh…Uh. Thank you.” She said quietly, unsure of what response would be appropriate. For someone who worked constantly around people, Doll began to feel odd about her own speaking skills. Complements, sincere ones, had she missed a chapter in the “How-To” book for life? Most likely. The marionette pushed a small strand of hair away from her face, as she thought of a witty response.
        But nothing came.

A reassuring smile passed his way while he mentioned both the drink mixing and the time with his son. Perhaps he hadn’t quite gotten the joke about the celebrating birthdays, but either way, the father-like quality he displayed was strikingly beautiful. But as he continued with the questioning about her own flesh and blood, Doll’s hand gripped her glass with a knuckle-whitening grasp. The smile remained painted on, but a look of true sadness passed across her eyes. Her son. He is five.
        ”I see him everyday.” She said, quietly. ”He with me where ever I go.” The crimson haired lovely only felt the stitches on her joints tighten against her skin. This was going to leave a mark, that was for sure. ”I sorry.” Doll said, suddenly scooting the bar stool back and catching herself in a quick jump by her heeled boots. It was then that the force of her hand released the glass, causing it to fall to the floor and shatter in a million pieces. The ex call girl stopped for a brief moment, her breath caught against the airless room. ”I sorry. I..I…” Doll’s words suddenly became caught in her throat, ”I must go. Goodnight Maxwell. I pay for glass and drink tomorrow. I…” Doll’s grip hung on to her belted coat as she turned her head to view the ground. ”I very, very sorry.” She then turned on a heal, and rushed away from the bar area. Breaking the glass was one of the most idiotic things the Russian had done, and she was sure to face the music in the morning. For now, she just needed to breath. Rushing to the room she was assigned, she slammed the door, a mix of sadness and embarrassment for her actions rushing along with her. This is where she would end her night, and hope that all would be well in the morning.

Dangerous Lunatic

6,500 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Maxwell Brooks

User Image
Maxwell twisted the cap on the bottle of vodka to turn around and place it on the shelf. He turned around, a serious expression on his face. "You are not used to being complemented. Either that, or the compliments come with expectations. You should not expect that from me." He smiled, hoping to assure her that he wasn't like other men. He was pretty sure she knew that, but he wanted to make her fully aware. It certainly was not that she wasn't attractive.

He looked down at her hands when her knuckles became white, a saddened expression taking the place of the serious one that melted away the second he felt emotional pain emanating from her. Maxwell placed his hands up when she dropped the glass. "Please, do not worry about it. I will tend to it. And your drink is on me. Have a good night, and very sweet dreams." Maxwell disappeared, reappearing before the place where she sat. He bent down to begin picking up large pieces of broken glass. Luckily the glass didn't go everywhere, and he could clean it easily. He placed all of the pieces in the bottom of what was left of the glass and teleported into the kitchen to dispose of it all.

Max appeared behind the counter, reaching down into his pocket to pull out some bills and place them on the counter behind him where the beer pitchers went. "That was all your fault. You had to ask did you not? Stupid."
        User Image
        User Image

Spring is Here Current Status: Full of Anxiety OCC:

The Doll was sitting on her bed. A mix of light blue, with strands of turquoise eyes, glassy and still gawked the red-head. It’s plastic arms lay limp at his sides, blonde hair swept over his forehead casting an odd shadow of light across his two foot body. The stitches ran deep within his joints, but the smile still stood, unresponsive, lifeless, and cold. The picture of a perfect little boy, frozen forever, in times unlawful grace.
        And here was the woman puppet, tears falling quickly staring it down. Her gaze hadn’t switched, her eyelids never closed. All she could do was find herself lost in the beautiful marionette boy. Was it an heirloom? Something she valued more than herself? Or just a hunting memory?
        Doll stood, and paced over to the other toy. Sitting on the bed, she took his unmoving hand in his, and gave it a soft kiss. ”You are world, my darling. What a wonderful world I see, You are song I singing, you are my melody.” She whisper sang, the notes stinging her throat raw with agony. A subtle squeeze was passed from her fleshy palm, to the dead one the little boy had. ”I love you. Very much.”
        Reluctantly, Doll stood, releasing her cowl on the baby. The night before was rough, as the puppet had made a fool of herself on every security camera the establishment set up. Not to mention Maxwell, her only friend inside the immediate area. Breaking the glass was stupid, an idiotic attempt at trying to leave an unfriendly situation. A situation that she had brought up originally! Why did she have to mention she had a son?
        Had.
        Instead, she just made everyone involve feel awkward and annoyed. She only hoped that for now Maxwell would forgive her. For now, she made her way down the stairs, and to the bar. Might as well get the apology out now…
        ”Maxwell?”

Dangerous Businessman

Bjorn | Bear
The Viking

"Many thanks lad."

T
he middle aged Viking that looked not a day over 25 showed his gratitude to the man he assumed was younger than him. He grasped the cup in only his right hand, or rather a pitcher that was now his cup. He gulped down the pitcher in four grand gulps, sighing heavily in relief as he began to breath normally again. Setting his cup down, he refrained from requesting more just yet. He didn't want to drink too much water too fast. Sitting silently, he eavesdropped on the patrons and employees around, smiling silently to himself as he fiddled with his fingers in an awkward loneliness, though he was enjoying the conversations around him. It was interesting even if only a little.

Current Attire: Off-white cotton top, Black fur pants (bull pelt), boots.

stillnohero's Husband

Toothsome Reveler

Just like a shark I will tear you apart...
you wont even know what you did...

User Image

█████████████████████████xx𝕂𝕒𝕚 𝕃𝕠𝕦𝕧𝕖𝕝𝕝𝕖xx█████████████████████████

"I'm your guardian Ms. Louvelle...Trust that I wouldn't jeopardize all of those things by being a hot headed, unstable, insubordinate, c**t."
Kai watched as his mouth became home to a seemingly endless amount of teeth, serrated edges gleaming faintly, and she marveled that he was able to speak normally in a mouth so full of small daggers.
Her eyes drifted back towards where the bat had taken wing to join its brothers, and she made a thoughtful, not entirely convinced noise in the back of her throat.
She had no doubt that, in the world of 'keep target safe', Rod was fundamentally very good at his job - but she needed him to be able to do more than smack down threats or take a bullet.
She needed him to obey, without question of her judgement. He could doubt her all he liked in his own mind, or in private, but in the eyes of the public his silent obedience would back her up just as much if not more than his physical muscle did.

Her lips twisted into the faintest of smiles as he tapped her arm, and his touch was much lighter than it had been the other night, when he'd left a bruise the size of her hand high up on her shoulder.
"Alright then." she said, seeming satisfied at least for the moment. "Come back inside whenever you're ready - Im makin' steaks."
Kai might not have been that great of a cook, but there were a few things that she knew, and those few small things she excelled at. Namely, Fried chicken and anything that could be roasted over an open flame.
She gave him a little nudge with her bare toes, a return for his friendly jab in the arm, and turned to head back inside.

A pale head of hair popped its self out from between the swinging kitchen doors, gold eyes finding bjorn sitting patiently at his table, large frame making the furniture look like a childs toy. Her grin flickered to life in her amusement as she called out from behind the doors.
"Bjorn~! You want steak?"
Kai had never once heard the answer to 'do you want steak' be a 'no' in the entirety of her life, but it was always polite to ask.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...and I'll try to spare you the pain of my jaws
...but it's just in my nature to rip and to shred

ImNoHero

Killer of Suns

Lonely Scamp

One Truth Prevails2184

Killer of Suns
Kallistiae

ImNoHero

Although not quite the usual monk, there was nothing immodest about Tenkai's choice of attire that set him apart from any other monk. His robes covered enough of his body that it was difficult to even discern his build save for the hints of muscle seen on his bandaged-up left forearm. Even though his weapon had been securely wrapped in cloth, it probably wasn't too hard for anyone to figure out what it was just by looking at it. After all, what reason was anyone to carry a wrapped-up stick shaped object if it was really just a stick?

"Oh yes, hello," Tenkai replied to Maxwell as he basically addressed himself as a bartender. However, it seemed as if the monk had overlooked one of the rules of the bar before walking in. Somehow the thought of having to remove his weapon from its hiding made the monk slightly uneasy. He didn't like displaying it out in the open for fear that it might put others at unrest or attract some unwanted attention. It was uncanny how many strangers were so eager to fight that they'd challenge just about anyone with a weapon to a sparring match. Unlike men of that nature, or even men that commonly traveled with a weapon, Tenkai wasn't quite fond of fighting.

Of course, that was the least of his worries if they were asking to hold onto his weapon for him.

The monk looked over to Rod, the man Maxwell referred to as the "security team". Tenkai was pretty sure it took more than one man to make a team, so it didn't take the monk long to realize it was a figure of speech. No doubt the large, heavily built man was formidable enough to carry out whatever duties that would require an entire team to handle. Just as Rod was sizing up the shorter, seemingly meek-looking monk, Tenkai was analyzing Rod as well without being overly scrutinizing. It was only a few glances here and there, but it was enough for Tenkai to notice the seemingly unnatural quality of his musculature. Tenkai had met men who had their bodies genetically or chemically enhanced before, and there was always something too perfectly balanced or practically honed about them that set them apart from bodies built through rigorous training. If Tenkai had to guess, Rod was some sort of former mercenary, possibly a freelancer looking for something more permanent. At well over six feet tall, it almost looked like Rod had nearly a foot on the monk. In spite of his size, Tenkai did not seem to be intimidated. Rather, why would he need to be intimidated when there was no conflict to be instigated?

Their request was reasonable enough, to say the least. As much as Tenkai wanted to avoid broadcasting to the bar that he was armed, it couldn't hurt for them to at least see the weapon. Rather than follow Rod's motion to hand the weapon over, Tenkai would instead show them the weapon himself. He would do so slowly, but not so slowly as to seem like he was trying to pull a fast one on them. He removed the slung weapon from his shoulder and unwrapped the top end carefully, almost too carefully, revealing what was clearly the hilt of a Japanese sword. There didn't seem to be anything out of the ordinary about it, nothing overly ornate. It was well crafted in its simplicity, but that was it.

He's quiet today, thought Tenkai. Thank goodness.

The monk pulled aside more of the cloth just enough to show that there was a sheath hidden beneath that cloth and not some sort of secret weapon he was trying to hide under the guise of a Japanese sword. It would be enough to clear any doubt, leaving no room for anything that could possibly be a gun or some secret throwing knives or anything, but that was all Tenkai would show. He was loathe to unsheathe the sword arbitrarily, and even less inclined to let either of them hold it for him in spite of what Rod said.

"There," said the monk, feeling no need to actually describe what his weapon was. Surely the two of them knew what a katana was with so many Gaians running around with them all willy-nilly. He began to wrap the sheathed sword back up again. "Though I must apologize. I cannot allow this sword to leave my side. If it means I cannot spend the night, I will not trouble you. I'll have a drink and be on my way."

It was then that a woman approached the group, and Tenkai could already tell by the tone of her voice and her choice of words that she was a higher ranking staff member, if not the owner of the bar itself. What had started as a weapon confiscation rule had then turned into a partial confiscation rule, until finally it was cleared up that there was no rule at all. Tenkai was somewhat relieved, tying off the end of his sword's wrapping before laying it against his shoulder. There was another there as well, a similarly tall man who had a distinct nordic appearance to him, and yet there wasn't any sign that he was a member of staff other than the white-haired woman's seeming familiarity with him. She had to have been the owner of the bar with the way she talked to Rod, who had stormed off before Tenkai could answer his question. The monk raised his hand in futility, mouth agape as if he was about to say something, but by then Rod was already too far away. Tenkai's index finger drooped, his mouth flattening.

Retracting his hand, he turned back to the owner, raising his hands disarmingly. "Oh, goodness no," said the monk. "I don't intend to spill any blood at all, let alone on your floor."

The owner, whom Maxwell referred to as "Miss Louvelle", went off after Rod to speak with him after he stormed off. Difficulty between members of staff was not uncommon in bars, especially not in places like these. For a moment Tenkai felt bad about the situation, feeling somewhat at fault for its causation. Still, there seemed to be something peculiar about Miss Louvelle, but not in the way that Rod was. Rod seemed like he was human with some quality that set him apart from other humans, but the bar-owner had something else that seemed to imply she wasn't human at all. Was it simply the color of her hair and her eyes, or was there something that Tenkai could actually perceive that told him she was a werewolf?

"I apologize for any difficulty I've caused," he said. "My name is Tenkai. I am a monk, and a traveler. I can't really say I hail from anywhere anymore at this point, save the places I most frequently visit." Of course, Tenkai did have a place of origin, but that was a rather complicated story. Perhaps it wasn't the best kind of story to lead off with. "Anyways, some tea would be lovely if you have any."

(( I might have to edit this if I missed any details. >< ))

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff