Welcome to Gaia! ::

ℬernadette ℛiley

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

No more fire.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

User Image

meowmeow ernadette found it odd, though the woman knew she did have a habit
meowmeow of passing things by, not on purpose though.
meowmeow She was here now is what mattered now, her long
meowmeow fingers wrapped around the hot cup, her eyes
meowmeow closing as the heat moves from her hand all the way
meowmeow up her forearm. She didn't care how hot it was,
meowmeow she had burnt herself so many times she was able
meowmeow to handle a little heat. Both of her hands were now
meowmeow around the cup, lifting it so she could take a sip.
meowmeow "My name is Bernadette, and yours?" she asked
meowmeow him when she was able to speak. The cup was
meowmeow placed back down onto the counter as she stood
meowmeow there, her fingers playing along the outside of
meowmeow the cup.
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Outfit
"I'm Dave. It's really good to meet you." He smiled, pulling the stool he kept behind the bar out for himself. "Sorry to cut you off, but my friend Pavel here was just about to tell me a story. Your first love, I believe it was?" Dave settled down onto the stool, making himself comfortable. He took another sip from his cup, dragging his free hand across his scalp, pulling his dark hair back from his face.

Dapper Dabbler

Pavel nodded to Bernadette, "It is nice to meet you Bernadette," thinking he'd gotten off the hook, but Dave naturally didn't forget, so he scrunched his face for a moment before a light bulb turned on, "Well, my veery first love... I think that would have to be Nadya Shevelyova from 'The Irony of Fate.' Not Barbara Brylska, the woman who played her; she aged through the years. No, Nadya stayed the same and in a sense, I grew up with her. That movie was made the year I was born and aired the day of my first birthday. Then almost every New Year's since, I have watched it. It is a tradition, you see, like watching 'It's a Wonderful Life' every Christmas." Pavel smiled, "I surely thought I would marry a girl like her when I was a boy. But then I met another and another, each time thinking, 'this is the one!'" Pavel chuckled before looking back to Dave again. "How about you?"
"Me?" Dave smirked. He hadn't thought of her in so long... "My first love was when I was very young. She lived two houses down from me, and we used to play together. We would play everything, from cowboys & injuns to house & dressup... I didn't care, as long as she wanted to play with me. One day, we had a play pretend wedding..." He pulled the chain from beneath his collared shirt, "It's probably silly, but I keep that ring on this chain... close to my heart like it always will be. I miss her..."

A wave of melancholy swept over Dave in that moment, as though the walls were chrashing down around him. He stared for a moment at the opposing wall. His mind was somewhere else entirely, back in the warmth of the summers of his childhood, reliving, for the first time in a long time, what it was like to have someone like her. When his mind began to slide on to the next few years, he shook the thought from his head, wishing never to return to that thought. He forced a smile.

"How about you, Bernadette?"
Bernadette had faded away, something that often happened in this particular region of the Rockies; people simply went missing sometimes. Dave sighed deeply and took the now ownerless mug back across the counter to rinse it out. "Sorry about that, Pavel. Looks like we're down a guest." Dave moved out from behind the counter, wandering over to the pool table. "Care for a game?"
He looked over his shoulder toward the bar, smiling toward Pavel, but he was gone as well. Dave sighed deeply. "I'm so sorry, friend." He chalked his cue & racked up, breaking poorly and beginning yet another solitary game.
Raven would open the main door and step inside, the billowing wind and her frozen breath would attest to the cold weather outside but she would hardly seem bothered by it. Taking a few steps inside Raven would easily close the door despite the wind pressure blowing against it. Turning back towards the interior Raven would quickly scan the room noting the solitary figure at the pool table
"Ah, so this is the source of that invitingly invigorating aroma that I smelled outside. Well met good sir. I am Raven and if it is agreeable I would like to request a drink."
Dave smiled graciously. "By all means. What brings you out to such a remote place on such a cold evening?" He moved back behind the bar & washed Pavel's now abandoned mug, sighing deeply. He studied her face, deciding after a moment not to try & divine her beverage choice.
Raven would walk towards the bar, her footsteps would be light despite the appearance of her heavy looking boots and the rest of her outfit would be concealed underneath a buttoned up black duster with a hood attachment (which is down at the moment) Coming to a halt at the bar Raven would smile at the man with her Cheshire grin, her soft golden eyes would be seem to almost give off a slight glow and her fair yet slightly tanned skin could almost be thought to radiate warmth. She would be pretty with long dark red, nearly black hair, inviting lips and her voice would sound like the soft purr of a cat.
"Many thanks, my gracious host. I believe I desire something sweet and warm; however, I have not decided whether I would like a white chocolate mocha or just warmed chocolate milk.... hmmm..decisions decisions."
Dave's face flushed at her compliment, & he smiled widely. "That, my friend, depends entirely on whether you expect any sleep tonight." He began to scald some milk for her. His hands worked quickly, efficiently, as they always did. His manner was direct but subtle, & as she stood before him, he looked her over with his commanding eyes, measuring without judgment, simply taking her in. When the milk was warmed, he smiled again, speaking softly, "So, what did you say brought you all the way out here?"
"Hmmm...I've had enough sleep so I'll take the White Chocolate Mocha in a good sized glass. As for what brings me out here on this cold temperate night....well...a little more business than pleasure."
She would say in a bit more serious tone
"However, that is not to say that business must always come before pleasure, right luv?"
She would say in an alluring tone before ending with another Cheshire grin as her eyes would seem to caress the man's body with her intoxicating gaze
Her gaze surprised him, but he smiled sheepishly. "Very well," he said softly, working immediately on her drink. When he'd finished, he passed it across the bar and took a seat once again. "Won't you make yourself comfortable?" he asked, indicating the stool near her. "I hate to see a beautiful woman on her feet unnecessarily."
"As you wish, old habits and all that you know."
She would say when prompted with sitting but instead of taking a seat on a stool as he had indicated she would silently pick up the drink and have a seat over at the couch by the fireplace
"Why don't you come join me on this comfy couch of yours?"
She would ask as she would place the drink on the table still piping hot from being fresh, a subtle frown would flash across her face and be gone in the next instant, hardly noticeable meanwhile she would reach out with her left hand and tap the rim of the glass with no apparent affect but a mere second later the coffee would no longer be steaming
"Much better."
She would say under her breath

Hallowed Heckler

(( What a lovely little place! Haven't seen something this nice in years! -- A post following shortly ))

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff