Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hallowed Heckler

The cold outside was bitterly biting against any exposed skin, wanting a reaction. Demanding one as it were from the man that lazily trekked towards this haven in the winter's heart. Hands were shoved in his buttoned pea coat pockets so that one could barely see the lovingly knit gloves the male wore -- green and cream yarn was visible..barely. Thick and warm was the red head's creamy mint wool scarf . It billowed behind or before him whenever a breeze decided to test the metal of this lad... though by now the weather was getting a bit annoying, or so Zel thought.

Pale blue eyes peered out along the world and did indeed spot such a quaint shop. The aroma of roasted beans and warmth drifted along the snow, teasing and drawing him in. It couldn't be helped. A twitch of a smile from the flame red headed male grew. Disposing of the ciggarette in the proper recepticle, he moved inside... Stomping the snow off his boots first. Tracking snow in in a snowy environment was a big social no no.

"Mmmm..." he muttered to himself as he slowly unwrapped the scarf from his neck, letting it drape along his shoulders. "I go for a walk and find a cup of coffee... " He chuckled, taking a few minutes to peruse the menu and learn the ease of the land. Yep. . . He just found his new haunt. . . Now if the coffee was as good as it smelled... Ooh! Biscuts!

Poor Zel suffered from AD-OS, or ' Attention Deficit--OOOOOH SHINY!' This place was filled with shinies. Heck, just the book shelf alone could keep him entertained for a few hours. . . or at least until he was called away. But first! He needed to decide what type of coffee he wanted to imbibe in. And who he felt an inclination to talk to. But that was an entirely different matter and not truly worth mentioning.
Dave was taken aback by her response, & found himself at a loss for what to do. Her forwardness was...refreshing his mind offered, but it didn't fit quite right. As he re-piled his cards & slid them into the box, his mind began to whir. He wandered over to the couch, hesitating a moment before turning to stoke the fire. He didn't know how he felt exactly about her, there was something innately alluring, yet something didn't sit quite right with him. He lay another log atop the blaze, then turned to look at her, & just when he felt he could stall no longer, the door opened.

A handsomely dressed individual stepped inside, and Dave nearly sighed aloud. Doing his best not to offend, he smiled casually at Raven. "I'll be right back," then, to the new arrival, "Hello! Welcome to Dave's!"

He wandered over, smiling brightly. "The scones are fresh, if you'd like. You look hungry."

Hallowed Heckler

My, my. . . the scones did look delicious, Zel thought to himself. Then again, anything did sound good. So long as it was warm or had that lingering scent of heat. Voices muttered about the room barely did he heed, though he did take in mind that one appeared to belong to the owner.

"Ah! Yes. Thank you. Two...er any flavor. " This was supplemented with a visual by a point of the finger to the scones. Zel's eyes was still on the menu as he was deciding between coffee and tea. Difficult one. It didn't take too long. There was a pang of guilt for pulling the man away from... whatever he had been doing. But this was a business. Work came first. "And I suppose a Macchiato with a shot of caramel and amaretto. . . for here. . . Some storm outside, eh? " Might as well start a conversation, Zel mused as he flipped through his wallet for the appropriate amount to pay.
The wind was cold, certainly, but the air was stale beneath the evergreens. Strange evening for a walk, mused the lad, drawing his coat around him as packed virgin snow crackled underfoot. His left eye was watering slightly and dripped beneath his glasses as it always did on nights like these; his lips were dry and cracked. The faint aroma of of firewood burning accosted his nose from somewhere in the distance, and he turned to seek the plume amongst the wood.

We really cannot stay.

He found no plume, but the black contour of a cabin not too far along the trail was an equally welcome discovery. He lusted suddenly for a glimpse of human comfort, and without thinking, made his way timidly toward the unfamiliar mass.

We cannot stay, we are not welcome here.

But the mass was no cabin at all. A sign hung overhead: a coffee shop. The young man quickened his pace, stopping only as he reached the landing. But he dared not open the door; dared not pass beyond the threshold. He fingered the glass, gazing in across the room at a handful of unfamiliar faces. Then his glimpse caught briefly the eye of a man who stood behind the counter, and he froze.

We really cannot stay.
Dave grinned widely, picking out an apple cinnamon & a blueberry scone & beginning on the beverage. "Have a seat, anywhere you'd like." As he poured, his gaze wandered from the ginger-haired man before him back to Raven, who sat now alone on the couch. He cocked his head, still torn about his opinion of her. As his eyes roamed along the wall, he caught a glimpse of what may have been someone on the porch, but let it slide. Still, the feelings he'd been having all evening were starting to catch up with him. He shuddered, nearly dropping the fresh mug he'd retrieved. "I'm sorry," he forced out to the man, gaining his composure, "I'm not sure I caught your name."

Hallowed Heckler

Zel returned the grin as flavors were pulled from the racks. Mm.. They looked good, at least. "Er? Oh! Thank you. " Though that was the problem. Now he needed to pick which comfy chair he was going to sit in. Why couldn't there be easier choices?

His gaze roamed across the room, and Zel let out a sigh. Obviously he would have chosen a place by the fire. . . Hmm... So he decided to shake it up and head towards a delightfully worn and loved chair near a window. Oh sure, it'd be colder, but the coffee would more than make up for that. He then heard a question and paused just as he was about to make a step. Glancing back at the tender, Zel blinked at the question. "Eh. . . Sorry. I go by Zel. And I never said it. so don't be sorry about that. " He laughed softly to himself, "I'm so used to areas where they know me by name, that I hardly think to mention it anymore. Awfully sorry about that. "

And not once did Zel notice there was another person outside still in the cold looking in. Not that it was any of his business in the first place. Just a small note.
On the stoop, the young man, too, regained some of his composure. It's been too long since I have stepped out into the world, he thought, overcome with chagrin. His fingers slid down to the handle - hesitating only for a moment - then pulled the door ajar. A bell chimed.

Perhaps... perhaps just this once.

Inside the light was warm, even nostalgic, and the smell of coffee grinds infused with cinnamon aired the musk of loneliness in his heart. A smile warmed his lips and he loosened the scarf around his neck."H-hello..." he stammered, to no one in particular. His tongue seemed much too large for his mouth, and the shivering word he had managed to form with it was much colder than he had remembered. "Hello," he said again.
"Zel," Dave spoke softly to himself, saying it over as not to forget it. At the chime of the door, he looked up, a sweeping relief passing over him at the confirmation of his suspicion. "Hello, friend. Welcome. What can I do for you?"

He examined Zel, who now sat near the perilous bookshelf, & without moving merely said, "You're welcome to any of the books, if you'd like, though be careful taking them down; that old shelf has just about had it."

Dave wandered over behind the couch where Raven had been sitting to check on her; he bent at the waist & asked softly through her hair, "Can I offer you anything else?"

Hallowed Heckler

The book shelf sure did look perilous. But hardly anything to worry over save for when a large gust of wind would knock into the building causing an avalanche of novels to sweep across the.... Mentally, Zel dismissed that amusingly horrifying image and chuckled softly, settling in the comfy winged armchair. "Oh? Ah. Thank you. I'll wait until they get used to me before I prod at their spines. "

Assuming that Zel had both his scones and coffee, he took a sip of the delicious, caffeinated beverage , eyes gazing out onto the snowdrifts and falling snow. Hmm, he would have to drag his friends up here. Assuming that she was still around the area that is.

Movement caught the red-head's eyes. He took note that the tender had removed himself from behind the bar to where he had been earlier. Probably wooing the woman. What an odd place to do such. Not a bad place either.

And the apple scone wasn't half bad.
Dave gave up after receiving no response from her. She'd drifted off into some unknown place; the fire had consumed her attention. He walked away, toward the pool table, to finish his partial game. The soft clacking of the phenolic resin balls was therapeutic to the tender, as he pocketed the seven and then the eleven.
Dave had realized, after sinking another ball into the corner pocket, that as happened occasionally on the snowiest of nights, the customers had all gone again.

This place must be haunted or something... He thought it had been listed so cheaply due to its remote location, but as he came to realize, it was definitely due to the strange quality the walls had, that they would swallow up the people inside eventually. He wondered where they went, or really, if they'd been there at all to begin.

He poured himself another cup of coffee. He'd long considered getting a little cat to wander around the shop; he wondered if it would change anything about how the customers appeared & disappeared.

"Well, I guess I'll clean up." He was glad, at least, that they paid for their drinks before they disappeared; he was running a business after all. But as he collected the cups, he thought of them, almost fondly, as though some thousands of hours had passed.

Zel, the eccentric & energetic one; Raven, the pretty lady with what seemed like more than just a story to tell, & even the quiet one... had he even introduced himself?

Dave figured there was only one explanation: this coffee shop must be built on a rift in the universe or something. Where was the Doctor, or the Winchester brothers, or someone, to fix it? But then, maybe he'd been up here alone long enough he'd gotten a bit feverish... maybe no one had come in in years. Maybe he was the one who'd disappeared; stood stock still at the edge of a pool table for three years.

Maybe.

He set the cups in the sink, starting up the water & washing them gently. He hoped this lull wouldn't last; that somehow someone might come by... at least so that he wouldn't be alone.

Friendly Dabbler

[[OOC: Hello~! -echo- Oh my... Care for some company? (:]]
Neme-Goddess-of-Death
[[OOC: Hello~! -echo- Oh my... Care for some company? (:]]

[[That would be great! haha pull up a chair!]]

Friendly Dabbler

[[OOC:: sorry totally intended to enter yesterday like I said I would... But it was my birthday yesterday so I got drunk instead. XD ]]

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff