Welcome to Gaia! ::

herp

derp 1 100.0% [ 105 ]
Total Votes:[ 105 ]
< 1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 133 134 135 > >> >>> »|

Dangerous Businessman

User Image
Bishop snickered as he listened. Though he became upset at one particular thing she had said. Planning to lose. Hell if she was here to get beat up, all she had to do was kick any one of these gents in the nuts and take the beating. Though surely she would fight back. Perhaps she didn't have as much growing to do as she thought she did. Maybe she had more. As he raised off of the counter to stand straight again, he refreshed his smirk.

"Any excuse t' sign up is good. Jus' make sure ya' don' lose on purpose, It'd be bad for my business."

H
e mused as he lit a fresh cigarette. Exhaling as he continued to speak.

"Ya' thoughts reflect the purpose of this very place. It is designed fo' people t' find themselves so to speak. If ya' decide ya' want to practice lemme' know. I'm always down fo' a nice bare knuckle brawl."

H
e chuckled a bit at the remark. A cage was such a versatile arena. And Bishop was willing to put anyone through their paces inside of one of those things. The tenacity displayed in events like UFC are just too grand of an opportunity to pass up the chance of participating in. And because he wouldn't be in the tournament, Bishop could fight raven whenever, just cause. Hell, he still needed like four more fighters to sign up. Not bad having over half a roster filled in one day. Though the tournament wouldn't start for another couple of days.

"I promise I'll go easy on ya'."

H
e added on the end with a wink. To him it wasn't flirting, though it was teasing 100%.

Raven Kanzaki

Fashionable Lunatic

7,950 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Person of Interest 200
ImNoHero

The ℜ 𝖊 𝖛 𝖊 𝖓 𝖆 𝖓 𝖙 Guardian
"And as the Ascended One danced into Heaven, the Revenant Guardian returned..."
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Raven shook her head and laughed, unexpectedly amused. It truly was the one joy in life to be surprised so often. "This is why I can't--wont--kill you, even if Corvus wanted to, you've always had more at stake than I ever did in life. I am the last of my kind, and thank the Gods for that. Better you to move forward with your ideals than myself."

Crossing her arms along her ribs, Raven's weight shifted as she leaned back against the bar. The left boot crossed over the right, her braid draping over the left shoulder as she tilted her head down and adjusted herself comfortably. She was still used to feeling the Mahogany shaft of the Naginata pressed to her spine. Inhaling the hazy smoke around her, Rave expelled another long sigh.

"I don't expect a victory to happen over night. This body is new, and it took me a few months to get a basic motor functions working again. Every scar is in place, yet this body did not go through the same path my last one did. Fighting is not an issue for me. I was designed to fight. I was created to succeed. But I've come to learn that to truly find success, I must endure failures first. This place, this world, is new to me. Everything I ever knew, I'm going to have to put aside for now." At this, her expression changed from its thoughtfulness as she looked troubled. Her greatest dismay was not feeling like herself. Her powers were too radical, too out of control. Having a body back was beyond exquisite. Yet it was a hallow victory. It was not the skin she grew up in. It was foreign.

"Lets just say, I got a new pair of boxing gloves, and I need to break them in first before I start getting into the blood and sweat of things. Where are you hosting this shindig anyway? You got an arena hiding around here?"

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

4,050 Points
  • Trader 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
☯ Quántóu shén ☯

User Image Quan's ears perked at the proper name for his spear. At first he thought someone from the palace had followed him but it turned out to be a petite black haired girl. He smiled lightly at her "why thank you she's been with me for most of my life". He told her as he gripped the shaft of his spear, it was his most prized possession and had saved his life thousands of times, most of which he had gotten himself in to the mess but that wasn't the point. His eyes seem to sparkle when she asked if he was a martial artist."I know a little martial artist yes". A little was a understatement but he did not like to give out his name, no that ruined the fun. He liked it when people realized who they were facing though judging by where he was he wasn't sure if his name meant anything in such a place.

The girls attention was grabbed by a man who walked behind the bar, Quan guessed he might own the place or just worked their. Quan raised a eyebrow at the mouth full of metal. He had heard people now did things like that to their gums and teeth but never desired to see it for himself. He felt the familiar dryness in his throat and it bother him"Excuse me sir could I get a drink, I got dust in my throat from that fall".

Dangerous Businessman

User Image
At her last words, her question, he pointed over to where the floor had a hole in it. Created by a bar brawl that broke out not long before she arrived, though now it was over. but in the process, Hideo created it, and it dropped down into the pit. With a light snicker he would answer her.

"Yeah. Downstairs we got a pit ready fo' any an' everything. The stairs are by the restrooms, but someone felt like gettin' ther' faster."

H
e mused into a light chuckle before the small 'boy' requested a beverage. From the looks of it, the boy lacked money, and he didn't specity what drink he would like. And so he took it upon himself to fetch the man a glass of water. It was free and thrist quenching. As he set it on the counter for the boy, he would look him over once more. His admitting to being a martial artist caught his interest. Maybe he would sign up for the tournament. Line his pockets with a bit of cash if he won.

"Her' ya' go boss."

H
e mentioned while setting it down. His smile refreshed into his trademark Chashire grin. displaying his chrome teeth to the fullest, including the small diamond embedded in each canine on the upper jaw. Though this was a style, one that had seen Bishop a lot would know by now he didn't have some silly gangsta grizzil. These were his teeth. Surgically implanted as his original pearly white where knocked out of his mouth.

In a relationship with Lukan Wolf

Generous Bookworm

8,825 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Bookworm 100
II-Hideo Kun-II
Darkest Silver
User Image

Ushiko gave Hideo a small smile. "It's nice to meet you, Hideo, sir." she told him.

"Um... I'd love to stay for a drink, but I'm... kind of on duty. I work here, sir." she explained.

Ushiko turned to Jay, nodding at her order. A shot of Jack Daniels and a warm washcloth, got it. And Hideo wanted a bourban on the rocks.

"Um... R-Right away, Hideo, sir. Ma'am."

As she got up to leave, Ushiko remembered that she hadn't gotten Jay's name, either. She'd ask when she got back.

The minotaur made her way behind the bar, her hooved feet clacking on the floor with each step, and the cowbell around her neck making just a faint jingling noise with her movement. She ran a washcloth under some warm water, poured a shot of whiskey, and made a glass of bourban with ice in it. Placing them on a tray, she turned and hurried over to Hideo and Jay, presenting them to them.

"H-Here you are, Hideo, sir. M-Ma'am."

The sound of the front door opening alerted Ushiko to a newcomer. He seemed distinctly Chinese, and wasnt' wearing shoes. Oh... Wow. Hm... What was with Ushiko and her thing for guys who didn't wear shoes? Was it because the concept of feet was so foreign to her, being from a race that had hooves instead of feet? Or was it because she couldn't, and didn't need to wear shoes due to having rock-hard standing appendages?

Either way, she decided she'd better make it to the bar and attend to him. But first, she turned to Jay.

"Um... I n-never got your name either, m-ma'am. I'm Ushiko, U-Ushiko Touka. P-Pleased to meet you."

She set the tray on the table and bowed to her, both hands on her thighs.

Mood: Flustered
Thinking: Cute feet. <3
Wearing: Pictured + apron

Dangerous Businessman

Enzo Lord Of Ghost

Raven Kanzaki

OOC: Just in case. forgot to quote.

Fashionable Lunatic

7,950 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Person of Interest 200
Enzo Lord Of Ghost

ImNoHero

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

"Faster..." Raven echoed, swiveling her head to follow his linear indication. Both brows arched; a new place and already christened with a hole in the floor. She was going to love this place. With arms unfurling, she stooped to lift her jacket. Digging into the left pocket, she removed a large, leather wallet. It seemed impossibly stuffed with useless cards and foreign currency, neatly organized by origin and amount for each fold and pocket. Without looking up at either, Raven broke into another broad grin as she heard the young man's explanation, "All your life, I can relate to that. Weapons are kind of my thing, next to martial arts. A Qiang is an excellent weapon of choice! I may have to match my own experience against yours some day." Fishing out a fat wad of bills, Raven slammed it on the bar table.

"Next round of drinks for everyone's on me."

She briefly glanced back to the hole in the floor, curiosity burning at her. The pit...

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

4,050 Points
  • Trader 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
Raven Kanzaki

ImNoHero

☯ Quántóu shén ☯

User Image Quan's hand incircled the glass of water but did not lift it to his lips,he let the cold coming from it cool of his hands that were burning from the pain the impact caused."Xièxiè" He said in his native tongue and brought the glass up to his lips and began to drink. His throat bulged as he drunk, the cooling liquid refreshing his dry throat and giving his body energy but it couldn't replace what was taken from him. He sat the glass down and signed."Thank you friend now how about something that will numb the pain of bones? something strong" He asked the man as swung the spear around carefully so he could get at the bag hanging from it. His hand rummaged through the sack until he pull out a small but flawless uncut ruby.

The jewel seem to shine without any light hitting it as he placed in on the counter."Now how many drinks will that get me? oh and don't ask about my age I assure I am well over the legal drinking age". He told him with confidence in his voice and a slight sparkle in his eye.He turned back to the black haired woman when she suggest a match against her." Perhaps I haven't had a good fight in....a thousand years giver or take a few hundred". He told her and he laughed lightly. Some may thought his choice of words would be joking but in Quan's case he wasn't. He saw her pull out the wallet and by a round of drinks for everyone."Oh I wonder which of us is richer at the moment?". He said with a chuckle. Than the ruby began to shake as the flawless jewel turned to stone."...damn looks like am in big trouble". He mumbled quietly but sternly to himself as he quickly took the ruby now stone back and put it in to his bag.
Occ: Xièxiè= Thank you/ Edited
User Image

Cicily sighed as she pushed her hair from her face. She ran her fingers through her long blonde hair, her bright blue eyes peering at everyone around them. She wondered what to do with herself. It would be awhile until the person who would be restoring the floor to be here. She rolled her shoulders as they were a bit stiff from moving some of the things out of the way. She looked up to see a young man come in, and almost fall into the large hole. She sighed as she walked back to the office and started to look around for something to put around the circumference of the hole. She soon found some caution tape, for who knows what. She grabbed it up, and soon had that and tape and started to set chairs around the outside of the circle. She then started to weave the tape in and out of the chairs, taping them at proper times and soon had a circle of tape so everyone could see where the hole was, and no one would be able to fall in. She pushed her bangs from her face as she wiped her hands off. She looked over to see Bishop behind the bar. She made her way over behind the bar and started to clean up some of the glasses. She kept an eye on Bishop, and looked around to see who else would need something. She looked over at Jay, Hideo and Ushiko. The three seemed to be getting along well. So many people were here, and she was so glad that things were turning out well.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. OUTFIT

Dangerous Businessman

User Image
The fake jewel was omitted from his attention, even as the boy that produced it jokingly apologized about it. Though serious enough, Raven had just fronted cash for drinks. Easily snatched up by Bishop. If Hideo's money wasn't enough to cover the damage to the floor, this would top off that amount. Drinks for all huh? Well, perhaps Bishop would leave this task to Ushiko, his only employee for the moment. Sure Cici was techinically a manager, But Bishop preferred her not do much work. Mostly because she was always doing something. In his opinion, a manager just told people what to do, employees did all the work. Ah yes, the thoughts of a Communist mind.

"Smart girl. You well aware of the sayin' money talks. I respect tha'."

H
e mentioned before he would watch Cici finish up blocking the hole in the floor up. Funny thing was, Bishop actually did watch where he was walking a lot of the time. Perhaps he was the only one on this planet capable of doing so. So many fairies running around spamming magic all the time, perhaps one should just shot down the hole and it would undue the damage. Not. Eventually, she joined him behind the bar, and started to clean glasses. He would let it go for now, but soon he would be headed over to her to check in with her. First thing was first. He had to scope out the roster to see how many had signed up now.

"What the -"

T
he last name on the list wow'ed him. Ushiko. Really? Such a quiet like shy girl wanting to throw down with some of the meanest, toughest brawlers Gaia had to offer. For this, he would surely nickname her shark bait, because she was about to jump into a tank full of them. And unlike her, they ate meat. He would need to speak with her about this to make sure she knew what she was signing up for, Because he wouldn't take someone backing down later. Hell no. As he turned to walk away from the sign up sheet, he looked to Quan and once he had the boy's attention he would point out the sheet.

"Aye! You should sign up kid, put some money in ya' pockets."

D
espite Quan probably being much older than Bishop's ripe age of 25, physically it couldn't be seen. And so he would call him kid without meaning disrespect. Just came naturally.

Fashionable Lunatic

7,950 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Person of Interest 200
Enzo Lord Of Ghost

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Raven watched the woman approach the pit, working out in her mind what to do about the hole in the floor. Raven herself yearned to fix it, for tinkering was another passion she had picked up when she forged the armor for her Equip magic. It had been her desire to restore the capital Saint Anne after the Chaos Wars 5,000 years ago. Despite her position as Royalty, she would wield that privilege as an obligation to the city and its people. She worked alongside the citizens, working, laboring. There was something intensely rewarding about rebuilding something. Metaphorically speaking, she was there to demolish and rebuild herself. The tip of her tongue tithed against the back of her teeth with a soft click, and her distracted gaze became more focus as she looked back to the man, producing a large Ruby, which soon turned to stone.

"I doubt you're in trouble. What is valued, anyway? My given name is Raveena Lavendra Senaria. Or Raven of Project KANZAKI, and sometimes I am called Corvus Korbin Corax. But never, ever-ever, address me as Your Highness or Imperial Majesty. Those are just pretty glittering things like your Ruby. Regardless of my royal lineage, whatever wealth I have from it, is best put to others. I am simply Raven Kanzaki now. Most know the wealth of a Ruby by the name and appearance alone, but your stone has more value and wealth than the deceiving Ruby."

Speaking of value and wealth, Raven took a moment to observe the woman that took her place by Bishop. A shock of recognition ran through her and her grin burst into a rare smile. She had seen this woman before, with her last fight against Bishop during the Grand Tournament. Though she was certain the woman had never been there in person, Raven was very certain it was the same woman she saw in his mind. This must have been Cicily. She was not unaware of the manner in which they gravitated around each other. This solidified her earlier statement to Bishop that he had more at stake to live for than she did.

Raven glanced over her shoulder when Bishop addressed the younger boy, and she herself was curious as she nodded to him, "How about it? Good way to get a few fights in if it's been a couple thousand years." Despite the good natured, almost joking retort to his earlier remark about time, Raven herself knew better. Her duty as a Guardian and Neohuman had frozen her body's ability to age. She once looked to be forever seventeen until becoming the third Ascended Guardian in the history of the A.V.G. Now she appeared matured, but that would more than likely be the extent of her growth spurt.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Dangerous Businessman

User Image
And Bishop left his patrons to it. Moving closer to Cici, he place his right hand to the small on her back, his left hand smashing out the last cigarette he had been smoking on. As he exhaled he spoke, breaking the ice about Ushiko. Before he talked to her about competing in the tournament, he wanted to see what Cici thought about it. She was pretty damn smart, and her input would ultimately control how he went about talking to the cow girl.

"So I jus' looked at the roster for The Beatdown, an' it looks like Ushiko wants in..."

N
ow he could either just let her compete, which she probably wouldn't make it far, and she might get hurt pretty damn bad. Or, he could coach her until the tournament. Or, he could just tell her not to compete at all. After all she was currently his only employee. And if she couldn't work, he was back to square one.

"Wha'd ya' think 'bout tha'?"

fragile goodbyes
User Image

Cicily finished cleaning up the dirty glasses, stocking things up. She knew that Bishop could take care of the others and their drinks. She walked over to a clipboard hanging up on the wall, and started to take inventory to order for tomorrow’s delivery. She looked over her shoulder when she felt movement behind her, and she smiled when she saw Bishop. She tilted her head as she kissed his cheek, and picked up a pen. She leaned into his hand when he placed it on the small of her back, and looked up. Something seemed to be puzzling him. She watched him as he snuffed out his cigarette. She knew something was bothering him, so she set the clipboard down and turned on her heels to look at him. She played with the strings on her hoodie as she looked up at him. He seemed to be bothered by something, and then he brought up the tournament. She blinked with surprise that he said that Ushiko would be joining the tournament. She let her brows furrow as she looked behind them at the young Minotaur, sitting with Jay and Hideo. She crossed her arms over her chest as she looked Bishop straight in the eye.

“Are you sure that is okay? She has just come to this city, and she couldn’t defend herself from the man who robbed her of her items.” She said softly as she tucked a strand of her long blonde hair from her face. She bit her lip with worry, and tried to find a reason to not let the young woman fight. The people would destroy her. She did recall the woman bending the bars with ease, but her confidence would play a key role in the fights. If she kept being timid, she would not be able to show the others the strength that she carried. She looked at Bishop, and crossed her ankles, leaning against the bar. She started to play with the zipper of the hoodie, the sound of metal ringing in her ears. She frowned as she started to feel a little dizzy. She reached behind her, and grabbed up a glass, and filled it with water. She sipped the liquid a she looked at Bishop. Her bright blue eyes seemed to brighten up, bringing back some life and energy to her. She blinked once, a brief second, and her eyes went back to their normal blue.

She straightened up, finishing up the glass of water and she wondered what to do about their new predicament. She looked at Bishop and nodded her head over to the trio. “I think you should talk to her, see why she wishes to join. See if she just needs more coins in her pocket, or to prove herself. Just speak with her, and if you feel it’s the right decision, take her on down to the arena, and just give her a minor test run.” She said softly. She reached in the cooler behind her, and handed him his favorite lager. She reached over, and with ease took the lid off. When she thought he couldn’t feel it, she slowly let the bottle get a little colder, just a tiny bit, to keep the cool crisp taste. She figured that other people would just believe the bottle getting colder from the hot air hitting it instantly. "If she just needs more coin, I am sure we can help her with that, and get her on her feet. She needs a place to stay, I figured she can have a room in the mansion until she gets back on her feet. And for this tournament, do you think we need to bring Doc in?" she said softly.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. OUTFIT

4,050 Points
  • Trader 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
Raven Kanzak

ImNoHero

☯ Quántóu shén ☯

User Image "My so many names for one person no doubt you've earned them all". He said lightly to her as he felt the sudden weight of his bag become even heavier. He carefully set his spear across the bar counter and untied the bag, Out spilled a number of stones. Quan frowned slightly at the sight of all the rocks and shook his head sadly."It seems dad is even more made at me than I though oh well". He said as he retied the back with all the stones in them but not around his spear this time."My name is Quantou Shen but you can call me Quan". He told Raven as a eyebrow raised at the mention of fight to earn money."Really you hold fights here? well I suppose it couldn't hurt" That was a ironic usage of words scene he was pretty sure anyone in here could pull their weight in a fight....well he wasn't sure about the minotaur girl.

When Raven started to talk about he values of the stones Quan barked a laugh."No these stones aren't value...there signs of punishment meaning that am going to be stuck in this plain for at least another thousand years or so". He said as he poked the bag lightly."Now I really need a drink".

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff