Welcome to Gaia! ::

herp

derp 1 100.0% [ 105 ]
Total Votes:[ 105 ]
<< < 1 2 ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ... 133 134 135 > >> »|

Joe laughed somewhat, at ease even against the dangerous edge of her statement riding on a purr that sounded singsong like and relaxed. Gaia was a place of trouble and it brewed in cycles that sometimes differ and other times remain the same. He didn't expect any less of her from when he saw her and she didn't disappoint.

Levana Eclair
"Besides, you look pretty interesting, yourself. Where ya' from?"

"A small blue planet, nothing special really. Y'know, Earth."

He did watched idly as she spun her sheathed knife, almost like a hypnotic device. He went into a small story relating to her joke off a whim. By the time he noticed it was a pretty long topic, it was too late.

"I've slept alone outside before, preferably out in the wild where the beast of great and small roam. The stars are bright and twinkling and tell their stories the best at night. Though, there was only once in my life where I was granted a glance at something truly remarkable. Stars at twilight where the orange and the purple hues of the lowering sun dotted by sparkling diamonds and viewed from the cliff, drop dead gorgeous." Describing this rather detailed moment was pretty lengthy, especially for the beginning of their conversation. Joe didn't mean to get into that story so early but her statement reminded him of that moment. At the very least, if she was following along, she'd hear his accent, prompt, clear, and concise with a tiny dash of a drawl on the L's. Joe paused for a moment before he continued his story.

"That was the same evening those beasts great and small wanted to sink their teeth into my flesh. Kind of ruined the dream-like venture for me." Joe shrugged. He glanced away from her twirling fingers and shook his beer bottle, tipping it to his lips for a swig.

Fashionable Lunatic

7,950 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Person of Interest 200
Epic Myth

·!¦[· xᴏᴋ-4: яᴀᴠᴇɴ; ᴘʀᴏᴊᴇᴄᴛ: ....... ·]¦!·

Protect the past, heal my painful wounds
And live on without erasing tomorrow...

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXxx

"Earth. I have been there a few times. I remember thinking it was very sad to have a brief moment of twilight. It is a lot like where I am from, though I like Sigil because it is suspended in twilight like Matreya." At this, Raven turned thoughtful--even the twirling of the Balisong had stopped. "I suppose it's good to find art in all things, even the twilight sky with its stars; stars are important in my culture. That is why I was named Raveena: it means the Sun. I just prefer to be called Raven."

Now she smiled again, the heel of her boot slipping from the stool as she sat up more straight, leaning into the bar. "As a celestial solider, I've gotten used to sleeping outside. I dislike the royal life my King has been introduced to, but I tolerate it enough and find excuses to live my own way otherwise, as long as I can protect him. Earth falls under my quadrant of protection as well because my ruling 'planet' as a Cancerian, is your Moon. It is my job to investigate and handle supernatural activities. I wish I could say the beasts sink their fangs into this flesh, but as it stands I am the wild beast doing the killing."

Despite her pleasant demeanor, there was a thin layer of ice to her words. She took solace in hearing him speak about his home, spiking intrigue as to how and why he came to sit next to her. Ever the Ambassador, it was easy to talk to strangers. Her royal lineage offered her the manners to effectively communicate and adapt to the situation, and her time as a citizen and soldier allowed her to empathize with those around her. She was classy when it counted, and rowdier still when necessary. Setting the concealed Balisong upon the bar top, Raven twisted, her naked palm caressing the curve of her jaw courtesy of her propped elbow.

"Though it seems like you've survived your beasts. How did you end up here?"

xxXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

No matter how frightening it is
I won't look away if there is love at the end of everything.

Lonely Hellhound

12,600 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
Blood...oh how she loved drawing first blood. Even if the way she had done it this time was a litte unorthadox. Grinning like an idiot she watched her slowly rise to her feet, no, not just watch...Jay let the woman get to her feet. She could of drop kicked her into next week if she wanted to...oh yes it would of bee fun to do so, but she liked the girl. Enjoying their match so far since the red head showed promise.
And as she made the universal signal to bring it on Jay only just heard Bishop tell her to finish it. A real shame that he wanted her to end it so soon. But he was the boss and Jay needed to win, as the first woman of TRS and Bishop'd friend she had no choice but to take the win. That and the money would help her pay him back and maybe get a slightly bigger apartment...maybe in the market ward this time? Or even run away to live by the beach? Yeah the beach sounded nice.

Looking into her bright green eyes with her own dark brown she would reply with a air of confidence that came with experience.

"Alright kid, hope you can handle it."

Time to stop messing about, she needed to get to work. So as the red head took a stance Jay moved forward into range, her guard held about chest height, nice and loose. Flexing her fingers before clenching them into fists. Left foot leading as she turned her body on and angle to face Elesana with her left hip. Bracing her legs by keeping them shoulders width apart and slightly bent at the knee.
Feinting forward on her left foot, not moving her guard, or even aiming to strike. No she was trying to make her flinch or force her into attacking...
Levana Eclair

Joe listened along, fairly impressed by the quality of a person this woman was. Not only was she a warrior, which something the young man easily picked up on, but she was part of a royal court of guardians and it was good news to him that his home planet was safe under her ward. In all honesty, Joe was pulled into her personality that much more. Off whim only and to be civil, he offered his hand to shake. If it wasn't noticeable at first, she would see the thick and shredded cloth wrapped around his knuckles and palms. Enough to soften blows, but not too much to hinder.

He offered his hand to shake. "Well, I haven't amounted to much," Joe expressed humbly, "but it is a pleasure to meet a fairly great warrior as yourself, miss Raven. I am Joe'mante Avaraje."

If she shook or not, Joe was not bothered, there were reasons if not by the design of someone's culture, than other ulterior motives. It didn't have to be bad motives since Joe had just met this woman and she appeared good in heart to him. He wouldn't be bothered if he was denied a handshake.

He cruised with the flow.

At the very least, in her cat-like ways and cool words, she took interest to him. Joe was naturally a friendly guy and since he first stumbled into Gaia, his humble nature would only strengthen. People who didn't know him personally would think he was a saint. He would say neigh. He's just a dude.

"I met an insurmountable force," Joe said and leaned onto the counter, propping his head up with his chin on his knuckle. "Well, insurmountable because I couldn't grow any further where I was. I reached a peak and in order to climb higher, I have to follow the path most arduous."

He paused to tip the beer into his lips. "After a year in the wild, I've returned to civilization to fight. I hope you don't think of me as a bruiser questing to be the strongest. No, I enjoy contained conflict and personal growth. Or in plain words, I feel starved as a dog."

Joe finished his beer, taking a sip between sentences in a calm manner. He inhaled through his nostrils and sighed pleasantly. He placed the beer on the counter attentively and felt a little buzz. He hiccuped and shook his head as a grimace replaced his smile. "Er, and this is why I don't drink, I'm a light weight."

Fashionable Lunatic

7,950 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Person of Interest 200
Epic Myth

"I'm all for personal growth. Hell, that's why I am here. Too much of this."
Raven extended her hand, reaching across to Joe. It almost appeared she was going to shake his hand. Instead, a twitch of her fingers, and the sudden intense look she gave that seemed directed past him, and yet another of Ushiko's delicious Peach tarts flew into her awaiting hand. This, as she had stated, had become too much a part of her life. In another lifetime, the use of Psychokinesis and Empathy were almost impossible to Raven, who preferred her natural abilities as an Elementalist and a Neohuman. Now without her connection, and breaking into this new body she had, her ethereal abilities had become dominant.

The upturn of her palm, and she presented the tart to Joe with an encouraging smile,
"Grieevos, Joe'mante Avaraje, and welcome back to civilization. You're in good hands here."

Levana Eclair

"Good hands indeed," Joe blinked his eyes when the tart lunged into Raven's hand. In spite of himself, his eyes flickered a sheen of golden light and he saw the tangible threads of power connected to her mind's eye. No doubt in his mind, just the simplest of glimpse, had revealed himself to be more than just a regular man. Feeling guilty and slightly buzzed, he couldn't afford to keep tight lip if she was offering to show her talents, disdain or not.

"I think you probably had already figured I was not so ordinary, either." Joe shrugged sheepishly before he took the fruit for himself and positioned it in front of his lips. He paused, admiring the scent that wafted from its skin. He rolled it around between his fingers and then sunk his teeth in for a small, succulent bite. Juices burst forth when he pierced its surface and a delicious wave of enchanting flavor bewitched his tongue and took him down a ride on tasty street.

"Mmm, this is good," he exclaimed, losing his train of thought. He bit into it again and as he enjoyed it, he regathered his thoughts and remembered where he was going before. "Ah, well, mmmph, I am no one's fighter but myself, yet, I have experienced great battles that forced change upon me. Before, when I first discovered my gifts, it effected all forms of matter subtly. Then, it changed and I could bend the air and its currents and its very being. Now, since last year, I think it reached a final stage where it's... my soul."

After he finished the tart Raven offered him, he looked away and then back at her. "Would you mind if I see, beyond the cloth and flesh, the very essence of your being, marred and dirty or pure and clean. Some people find it as revealing as X-ray vision, so I hold back. I still struggle to control it though, it's just easier to allow then to deny it."

There was a genuineness about Joe that was expressed beyond simple friendliness. While Raven was pleasant and socially flexible to regard all creatures and beings of stature above her or below, she could easily flipped at a moments notice. It was there like a sign that warned of thin ice, tread carefully, obvious to those who take the time to read it. For some, they clearly learned the hard way.

Joe had none of this about him, even if he was 'concentrating' to not see to his full extent. If Raven was to attack him right then and there, it was questionable that he would be prepared with his demeanor and relaxed attitude. It gave off an aura of warmth and trust that seemed just as ethereal as visual.

"I couldn't think of another name to call myself, so I stuck with Spirit Warrior, not to be narcissistic or anything."

Fashionable Lunatic

7,950 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Person of Interest 200
Epic Myth

Raven for all the etiquette she had acquired, snorted derisively and then even began to laugh.

She didn't doubt Joe. She didn't find his story to be something unbelievable. But she did find it amusing that instead of doing it, he actually asked her if he could. This, the source of her laughter, was a relief to her."Aah, I'm sorry. I'm not laughing at you at all. It's just," At this, she paused to wipe away a few tears that had sprung into her eyes from laughing, "I thought I was the only one that asked. Every day I meticulously build a mental barrier to keep other people's thoughts from wantonly floating around in my head like an angry wind rustling leaves. I wear gloves to keep from touching people and picking out their emotions--like how Ushiko's confidence radiates from each dish she bakes or creates. It's my policy not to dig around in people's heads for their memories unless asked to but I didn't think many others would also be so considerate, so."

Raven swiveled around in her stool's seat to observe him, arms crossed, the left leg crossed over the right.Pursing her lips, gaze narrowed thoughtfully as she considered, she shrugged her shoulders. "Go ahead Superman," She grinned crookedly as the nickname, "I wont bite."

Powerhouse

11,375 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Brandisher 100
  • Partygoer 500
Cyberweasel89

Andrew Alistair Clark

User Image

Drew smiled, before bringing the bottle up to his mouth, and finishing of the sweet brew. Ushiko. That was cute. A bit weird, but man, who could complain? Drew, growing up outside of Gaia Prime, wasn't exactly used to how weird names could be. Sure, species were hella weird too, but names man, always hit a weird spot. Drew set down the bottle on the bar counter, and smiled. " Hmm, I like that. Cute name, cute name. " Drew said.

He looked over through the crowd, to the chicks fighting below. Mud fight, women, it was all good. Drew raised an eyebrow, before cocking a thumb towards the two women. " So what's goin' on here? " He asked, with a light chuckle.
Aizen Teresaga

Joe sat there with a dopey confused look, somewhat set back from her snorting laugh. He nearly wondered out loud if it was something he had said or perhaps his power wasn't that special at all. When she explained herself, she made it all to clear that they rode in the same boat. Joe chuckled along now that he get what was the root of her mirth and a bit more of an understanding of her.

"Sounds like a lot of micromanaging." He remarked. Hopefully, seeing the extent of other people souls wasn't as difficult to turn off like flipping a light switch. When she gave him the go ahead, Joe straightened up before he slouched forward with both elbows propped onto his thighs. He looked at her, closed his eyes and opened them to reveal a golden illumination as bright as a dim light ball. The glow from his eyes awash her face and after a few seconds, the initial light-show dimmed further and further.

When Joe opened his eyes to perceive all he could, he saw what would be a visual overload to the normal human. Currents and trails of spiritual residue as old as weeks or as fresh as a second paint the air wherever a living breathing creature passes. These faint markers of existence is one layer of coating he could choose to peel away and ignore altogether or focus upon. Without the scant trace of life, what became eye-popping and eccentrically as colorful and flashy as a carnival was everybody that filled the room. He didn't even after to look at them directly to "see" the content of their soul, their aura, their mana, and many more things that either take different shapes and colors or are all the same within one entity. It wasn't the easiest to read and it was difficult to concentrate until Joe tuned it like a fine instrument to narrow his sights more and more until everything in the background faded. Then, from his perspective, an overview sort of radiance would just shine on the subject of his attention and from there, he could read her history and her power and her emotions and her life and all that could be attached to the soul like an additional piece of her bio.

Joe leaned back to take in the enormity of what Raven's soul revealed. He tried to avoid focusing on the dirty stains, if there were any because if he looked into them too long, he could view her sins like a silent, white and black film. Instead, he just took in the shape, the size, the color, and the specialty add-ons that made her the celestial soldier that she was. At this aspect, all souls were different because of their experiences, but in the middle of the interesting things, within her chest, was a single ball of light that that pulsated to the beat of her heart. The Life Force...

Still, Joe was seeing for himself what her years of living and breathing and kicking had attributed to in the shape, color, and other unusual things that extend pass the flesh like a monstrous shell-like aura. Or hell, sometimes these things take on the shape of animal or familiar item, who knows, these were grounds untouched by modern society and they were unique to their respective person.

(describe your soul and its intricacies if you would, please)

Fashionable Lunatic

7,950 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Person of Interest 200
Epic Myth

This ball of pulsating light was constantly shifting, casting an iridescent shimmer. The pale green glimmer sometimes flashed a deep crimson, or gave way to a soft honey-golden shine--though these colors were not to be considered ill or malevolent, but perhaps the true source of her strength. It sometimes appeared like thousands of tiny threads made of water were chaotically woven, each strand a person near and dear, a memory that shaped her, and event that scarred her.

It reflected the naivety and innocence of one. The capacity for kindness and forgiveness, the bottomless depth of compassion and curiosity. Here was the source of her empathy, a soft, shimmering blue.

It also reflected determination, obligation, fierce loyalty, sheer selflessness and pride. He would see that some of those threads were solid, as if frozen. Sterile, cold, unchanging and set in one's ways. Even amongst these frozen, amber tendrils, tiny fractures and chinks were seen. Perhaps a metamorphosis taking place?

The lovely, shimmering green that was most prevalent to him now: a sense of balance and understanding of the warmth and cold of the world. Jaded and wary, though unyielding and steadfast. Marred and tainted the most, and yet somehow the most voluminous and vibrant of the iridescent sphere. He would see how important bonds among people--citizen, solider, family, and friend were to her, though he would sense the most sadness coming from this part of her. There were many great losses to her, yet she decidedly carried on. Despite how tired her soul was, she managed to keep going when she was sure she could not.

The flaring crimson spiked every so often, and this would be the raw, primal source that created Raven: Love. It was the virtue she contained within, the power she drew upon when nothing else brought comfort. It remained her sword and shield, and had once started so weak it was but a soft, pale pink. Her Ascension had fortified her, mind body and soul. The passion she found in every day life, from the mundane to the extraordinary. Her admiration for those she barely knew, and the tenacious habit to never to give up on those who needed her. It had resurrected her when she should have died, and this, the part of her soul, she referred to as the Revenant. It burned within her, saturating every fiber of her being, and when invoked, made for a spectacular, extraordinary scene. While this pulsating sphere swirled like water, the depth of this virtue and its deep-rooted connection to her soul burned like a flame within the sphere.

Raven knew her will was iron-clad. She had been designed to adhere to slavery, offset by parameters, rules. Brainwashed into following a perfect set of laws that could not have been more flawed. She was the last of her kind, the Crown Heir to be ruling Queen of the Matreyan race, the last of the Senarian bloodline. She dismissed her royal lineage, first not by choice, and then by choice to broaden her perception of the world and those around her. The petite woman was at ease, not at all the picture of some Princess or future Queen: scarred from head to toe, lax and lithe, pale skin and wild black hair with the eyes of a predator that knew far more than she let on. This quiet young woman, who appeared all the age of 26, held a little over 4,000 years within her, and all the beauties and horrors that came with each paradigm shift.

Needless to say, Joe would see the vast chaotic nature that existed within her, betraying te calm, collected exterior of her pleasant demeanor.

Aizen Teresaga

Joe face palmed... hard.

He leaned back, squeezed his eyes shut, and rode through the shudders of the emotional roller coaster he had experienced within a second of viewing her private and sheltered being. He seen a lot of souls, emotions, experiences, and they all were different in some way or form, but this was the first time he delved into another person with such a long history of conflict and passion. His powers of perception had been advancing and as of lately, he stumbled upon a trick to view the most he could in a short matter of time. Like little pictures flickering by, enough for anyone to pick out anything important or ignore what wasn't. Millenniums of life in one vessel was enough frames to make a film that lasted months. A few of the things Joe saw were horrible, but those moments of sadness were outweighed by the greatness of her will and strength and the adversity she faced.

Joe discontinued his soul perception, even with his hand over his eyes, he could still perceive her soul. He took the time to massage the temples of his forehead while he was leaned back in his seat. Once his hands dropped, Raven could see the look on his face was flustered and exasperated. "Ever heard of the song, Dead and Gone?"

A smile cracked across his face and he broke into a laugh. "Probably not, but there was a hook in the song by Justin Timberlake that was really soul gripping. That trip kind of reminded me of that."

He sighed deeply and rolled his shoulders. He leaned back forward, very well composed even after the display of shock. He was considering his next words.

"Are there any more of those tarts?" He smiled. "Sorry, I wasn't aware I would be in the presence of a great elder guardian as yourself. What I have experienced so far in this one life is just a fraction. I'm not praising but... nobody should say you're short of remarkable."

Joe shrugged. He saw the negative, the bad, the soul crushing sadness but that was balanced by a myriad of great qualities. Besides, who was he to judge her or anything, he was afforded an opportunity to know her better through his sight that what sex would have rewarded him.

Fashionable Lunatic

7,950 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Person of Interest 200
Epic Myth

Raven shrugged, reaching across to point at the platter the Minotaur had set up. not too far away from where they sat. She slouched further in her seat, her shins resting along the bar top's edge this time. Despite her hardest to understand what he was talking about with music, her nose wrinkled in concentration, mildly frustrated that she actually in fact did not know who or what he was talking about. It was the one set-back to being back in the modern world and civilization that went beyond sword and shield.

She did, however, almost choke at the manner in which he regarded her. Waving a hand dismissively, she shook her head. "I'm no elder, or Guardian, or anything here. I am just Raven. God, that's worse than the Guards addressing me as 'Your Majesty'. Order whatever you'd like. I'm picking up the tab anyway. It's the least I can do for...sending you into shock. I should ask the Fallen Engineer to print me a Surgeon General's warning or...hey, are you going to make it?"

There it was. That reflex. The terrible Guardian complex rearing its ugly head again. Raven nimbly shifted in her seat and cocked her head as she leaned forward, both brows arched in awaiting concern. Now she nearly regretted allowing this to happen, her lips pursed. Reaching into her back left pocket, she pulled out the familiar worn black leather. Carefully pulling the fingers through the cut off knuckles, Raven more at ease to move around freely without fear of touching anything she shouldn't. Slipping around Joe, she retrieved another tart, a cup of Ushiko's punch, sliding both of them to sit before Joe while he recovered. Instead of returning to her seat, she simply crossed her arms and leaned into the bar, flanking his left.

Aizen Teresaga

"Er, sorry, than I'll make sure not to refer you as such your majesty," Joe joked in a light manner. A little bit of payback for the superman comment she had made, in the form of a jest of course. He saw within her that selfless nature and belief of commonwealth and mutual respect. While she announced herself as far from a saint, she acted just as when she continued to coo over his slight misfortune.

As in slight, he was just a little woozy but he'd find his grounding and be better equipped whenever he peers at her soul again. He raised his hand in a gesture of health and embarrassment. "No, please, don't worry I'm fine as a fiddle. I may be shaken but I've took hard hits before and that was my fault, I wasn't fully prepared. Next time I will."

When she pulled in the tarts and the punch, offering to pay as well, Joe couldn't refuse. The sweet and delectable treat was something Joe wasn't graced with to enjoy every day. He mowed through them like his life depended on it, stopping to slowly chew and savor each and every bite. As for the punch, knowing that it was spiked, Joe drank anyway.

Besides, he felt a little bad that he made Raven feel so worried. A little alcohol in his system should loosen him up to save this chat from going down. "Please don't look so down. How about this, to be fair, I would ask if you could read my mind and have a glimpse at my experiences. There's not many but -- and I know this is me tooting my own horn -- they have been quite grand and life-changing."

Wiping his hands on a napkin, he offered both of them turned upward to her. "I have no secrets and I want to see what's it like to be read by a psychic. First time for everything."

Fashionable Lunatic

7,950 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Person of Interest 200
Epic Myth

"Ha! This one doesn't know when to lay down. Next I'll have to put you through your paces down in the Pit when the ladies are done. The last time I had permission to delve into someone's head, I nearly got lost." Lips twisted as she narrowed her gaze down at him, she decided it was better to trust the man's limits. Exhaling slowly through her nose, she pried the right glove back off, meticulously pulling her fingers through.

"Don't drink all of your punch. It's going to get very cold in just a moment."

Raven leaned into the bar, bracing herself against it. She was going to need it. The left palm was tingling, fingers gingerly dipped into the cup, the pads moistened by what was left of the sweet juice.

Inhale, exhale.

The world was going fuzzy; tentatively, the tips of her right hand's fingers reached across to skim gingerly along the open palm he held up for her. An sharp, electric current fortified the psychic connection, and Raven could hear the unguarded thoughts.

Inhale, exhale.

Slowly the lids of her eyes fell shut, and she coiled the slender fingers around his wrist. It would have been easy to admit she was nervous. This was not something she did very often out of sheer respect and for her own safety. The tips of her fingers were beginning to cool. In fact, they were getting cold. Frosty lattices were slowly climbing from wrist to arm, traversing steadily across her body, which had gone slack, and then rigid. The conduit allowed her ethereal ability to pass from herself to Joe's consciousness, a bridge forming. To Joe, she appeared in his mind's eye simply. She had projected herself into his ID, the ethereal energies seeping freely, encroaching upon his consciousess and unconsciousness, allowing her to both see and feel what he allowed her to see.

Aizen Teresaga

There was first, a bright light that veiled all from view, making it nearly impossible to see. Slowly, this light dimmed and before sight was capable, there was sound.

Large portions of water moved like waves rolling onto the shore. People chattered noisily. Birds squawked and flapped nearby, as if bickering over something. There was a cool constant breeze against his side.

From this breeze, she could smell the salt out of the moving air. By the time she recognized it as the beach, she could see perfectly. Staring at the waters that spanned forever, the great sea and beyond glistened with coastal waters as clear as glass.

Raven could sense all of it as if she was there, but when her eyes moved without her own record, she would know this was not her body. Watching the scene unfold through Joe's eyes, a woman tall and beautiful came there way. They didn't know why she was beautiful and because of the glare of the sun which matched perfectly beside this woman's face, they couldn't see her clearly.

"Joe, Joe'mante, come on boy, the water's just fine."

"I dun wanna." They replied back.

"Why not?"

"I scared t' drown mama."

Joe's mother patted their head and entwined her fingers through their hair. She leaned over just enough for them to see her full lips, smiling warmly, but her eyes were hidden by a ray of constant light. "Oh don't be silly child," she said, her rich country accent was thick and sweet like maple syrup, "Mama going to make sure she's there with you each step of the way. Before y'know it, Joe, before y'know it, you'll never be scared again."

Boom!

Darkness flooded their vision. Joe's mother was gone and before they could figure out what happened, the scenery changed and the dead surrounded them. They were in the catacombs deep underground, a tomb filled with skeletons and a dungeon long forgotten, their victims already dead and whittled away till nothing but bone and dried husks of flesh remain. They were hiding for some reason, creeping silently through a narrow, winding tunnel. To the left and the right were shelves dug into the rock surface and the bodies of skeletons were laid.

There was a bright flash and fire roared from behind. The tunnel filled with smoke and their lungs suffocated and struggled to breathe. They ran for the only exit ahead of him and no matter how fast they ran, the fire licked their heels behind them.

They made it.

Free from the tomb, they stood in a circle surrounded by fire. Torrents of vicious flames screamed into the heavens. From across them, a man in armor the color of blood, separated like serrated plates held a orb of congregated heat. This abomination had many faces; the faces of whom Joe lost too. The bane that never ceased to stop taking.

Fire...

The wind picked up. Hurricane like gusts blew in from the left and scattered the flames. The ground trembled as a giant wave of sand charged through. The closer it got to them, the smaller it became until it rushed by at the level of his knees. Near by was a shore similar to the one before, but instead of skies, huge, fat, black clouds dragged by like sludge. An enormous vortex of sand, wind, water, and debris spun out of control too close for comfort. Out from it was a golden armored man streaking through the sky like lightning. In a blitz like attack, he charged forward with both fists aimed forward to pummel them in an explosion of sparks and electricity.

They looked down at Joe's brown hands curled into fists. Anger overcame them and carried them away to meet the lightning god's charge with a flying power counter of their own. The moment they clashed, they were blinded by white and deafened with by rapid wind.

Their vision slowly returned to them and what remained was nothing but an endless sky. They were free-falling into a constant, landless, abyss and while most would be frightened, there was overwhelming joy. The sun was setting at the horizon and like a giant with a glowing head was pulling its cover over for slumber, the stars followed suit after the sun. And here, with nothing but torrents of air wooshing by, there was a wild, gleeful freedom and pure, unbridled joy.

The endless sky darkened as the sun settled further. Darkness returned.

The next time they could see, they sat upon a mountain and great winds, like before, blew by. Soaring high above, a great thunder-bird watched them closely, but they were not disturbed. There was a message in the wind and it whispered...

"Before y'know it, Joe, before y'know it, you'll never be scared again."

The great bird swooped down, but they knew this would happen. Without an ounce of fear, they leaped off the ledge and dropped head first...

His heart beat was never more still than that very moment.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff