Welcome to Gaia! ::

Malevolent Star

10,400 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Person of Interest 200
User Image
~The Mistress of Blooming Lotus~

The Mistress gave him a very pleased smile and earned a chuckle for his wink, that certain smile of his was slowly becoming a favorite. "Being in debt to me could only means a little extra help around here, I trust your judgement," that last part she put a bit of emphasis on. Spike may have not been here long, but he had good intentions and The Mistress was a very good judge of character. The gun slinging bounty hunter knew when respect was called for although he may be of a rebellious nature, that came from street life she was sure. Scraping to make ends meet, she knew his kind and she understood him with such brief interactions.
"Do as you please," she said to his need for 'reassurance'. The miso was the first taste to grace her lips followed by a nice yellowtail sashimi.
When a scratch was heard at the door, The Mistress turned her head and spotted the shadow of she could smell was a cat. The poor dear is hungry she was sure and so the elegant oman went to open the door, "Why hello~"
the Mistress then returned to her seat and set down a few salmon bites and pieces of tofu on a small plate and a bowl of water. "There you are darling," she said and smiled.

((Do come in ~))

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User Image

.... Sweet Yasashii ....

Yasashii start to close her eye "..."yawns a bit and fells asleep in the Sitting Room "zzzzz..."she Just sleep there without a care in the world.

Hilarious Fatcat

9,025 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Dressed Up 200
Y U N I Q U E

User Image

Oooo... Pretty lady...

The calico kitten blinked up at woman, whom she assumed was the owner of this establishment. She stopped leaning on the door after it was opened, looking up at the woman curiously. It was nice to meet you, that wagging tail said. Hello! said that squeaky meow. Sure she's not a fox, but a cat can be a good enough omen.

She pawed in after the woman, nose crinkling at the wafting smell of cigarettes. But it wasn't that much of a bother. After the plate of fish and tofu, along with the bowl of water was set out, the kitten looked between them and the woman a few times. It looked and smelled all right.

The salmon bites were the first to get nommed. Didn't stand a chance.

Interstellar Traveler

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Visibly amused by the Mistress’ response, Spike nodded and gave a short wave before moving back from the door, slipping his hands into his pockets as he casually wandered back through the hall towards the back porch. He felt almost reluctant to re-establish his focus on his original task, finding fuel for the Swordfish II was meant to be a priority since without it he would never be able to return to his companions, not that he could say they were likely missing him any more than he missed them. With a dismissive sigh Spike looked about the hall as he walked on, well-kept with a fine finish to all the wood, much more appealing than the dirty old rustbucket he would eventually have to return to, not to mention the usual diet of cup noodles and cigarette-tainted air. Musing on the excellent meal he had just consumed as the back porch came into view ahead, Spike allowed himself to consider the possibilities of an extended stay, weighing up the pros and finding few cons to sway his judgement. He was starting to realise how much he liked this change of scene, even if he was perhaps not the best fit himself he could see himself adapting; Spike could not fault the inhabitants of the inn in the slightest, the Mistress in particular since she seemed to have the uncanny ability to nudge him out of his lazy ways with such little effort, that he found oddly entertaining above all else. The fact he found both her and Sister appealing in both appearance and intellect certainly helped matters also; on that thought he felt slightly disappointed at not having chance to speak with Ryuu much that morning, not that he would make a point to admit to it.

Emerging out onto the back porch, Spike’s hands remained in his pockets, his expression that of indifference as he calmly scanned the porch through the misty haze of smoke for the crude new visitor. Still walking at a slow and steady pace, he fixed his gaze on the redhead, expression unchanged. He had no intention of playing any kind of hero, that wasn't his style, but he just couldn't leave the inn without saying something.
User Image
”So you are the one behind that disturbance I heard earlier; word to the wise, those who act that way tend to have short and unfulfilled lives.”

Reaching the newcomer and walking straight past him, his gaze fixed straight ahead as he continued on his way to the steps on the edge of the porch, Spike continued, his dull tone now tainted with sarcasm.

”Not that you really give a s**t, you don’t look like the type that does. Just lay off, you don’t have to bully women and kids to look impressive, if you had half a brain you would realise it has the opposite effect.”

Indifferent and not bothering to wait or listen for the inevitably unpleasant reply, Spike walked on down the stairs and onwards along the path away from the inn, now reaching for his own cigarettes in his back pocket. Removing the box along with the metal lighter, he retrieved one cigarette from the new box, placing it between his lips and raising the lighter to ignite it before replacing both the box and the lighter in his back pocket. Inhaling deeply he walked on out of the grounds of the inn, starting his search for ship fuel.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

OOC: Right, that's my last post for today, sleep now beckons; I don't think I will be able to drop in tomorrow, but I will be back again the day after I'm sure. Catch you guys later.

Malevolent Star

10,400 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Person of Interest 200
User Image
Silent SamuraiUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

The Inn's floor boards creaked if only slightly as bare feet padded down the hall of the upper level. The smell of light incense with a hint of cigarette smoke wafted into a pale nose and the male's casual face pinched in the forehead for only a moment before taking the plunge and going downstairs. At the bottom of the stairs, deep dark brown, almost black, eyes gazed through thin layers of glass into the sitting room and the first to catch his eye was the Mistress. Simply having breakfast the woman, or more like the Jorogumo in disguise, was... breathtaking. He hadn't meant to stare but found himself doing so. With the sound of the younger sister's voice outside, despite the smell of breakfast, the Silent Samurai spoke no words and headed out to the back porch.
Slipping on wooden saddles, he made no attempt to speak with the woman singing the lullaby, but the voice graced his ear in a beautiful rhythm he enjoyed. Walking past Ryuu sitting on the porch, the Silent Samurai climbed down steps and headed for a nice rock overlooking the pond of koi. The fabric of his navy blue kamishimo sleeves came together as the samurai sat down and crossed his legs. Eyes surveying the area before closing in meditation as he listened to the sounds of the Blooming Lotus.

Interesting Lover

7,600 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • First step to fame 200
User Image

Ryuu
The Mistress's Younger Sister
The Inn Gardener

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxUser ImagexxxxxxUser ImagexxxxxxUser Image

x x x↙↙ xxxxxxxxxxxxxx made by rinoa
m o o d ( » happy/awkward ) x x x l i s t e n i n g ( » 異郷の風 ) x x x w e a r i n g ( » This ) x x x x x

She sat silently on the edge of the flower bed, a worn and torn kimono covering her body. As most would prefer overalls and sometimes a simple shirt and pants, Ryuu found herself most comfortable with kimono's no matter what she was doing. She sat straight up, wiping for forehead after setting some weeds down. She had been hoping to get to the problem sooner, yet had been a bit side-tracked with the new-comers as well as her issue from a while ago. A shiver ran down her spine at the thought of such, and she quickly leaned over once again, pulling all the weeds her dark eyes could spot out. She planned to do this until the garden was up-to-date, and till the action's that had her in shock was forgotten, or at least put behind her. This though, she was unable to know when. Giving a sigh as she came up again, she decided after this she would shower, to rid herself of the blood stench. Then next, she would go down to the cherry blossom bridge and meditate. It seemed best for Ryuu, for every time an incident as such has occurred, meditating always seem to sooth her and bring her to be what she is. She is not what she play's out to be, yet instead something other's enjoy seeing within a young Japanese woman working at such a peaceful inn. Though the feeling of needing to play along was hard, she normally showed no kind of suffering, unless alone such as now.

Out Of Chocolate:
I got maybe 3 1/2 hour's worth of sleep.
Bear with me on the post for the evening >.< <3

Malevolent Star

10,400 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Person of Interest 200
User Image

The Silent Samurai had been sitting above the koi pond for quite some time, by now the lullaby had faded away and only the sound of small birds and light grunts could be heard. Dark brown eyes opened slightly and gazed over the Zen Garden and found a short distance, the Mistress' younger sister pulling up what he assumed to be weeds.
He didn't say a word, merely watched her as the dark brown of her kimono got dirt stained and weeds were slowly becoming a thing of the past in the garden's flower bed. She was quite the skilled gardener from what he could tell by observing the grounds. The Silent Samurai had only been here for a few days and yet he felt the experience to be refreshing. After being on the road as long as he had, it was nice to stay in a safe haven of tradition like the Mistress intended this place to be. Silent Samurai was very intrigued by both the Mistress and her sister Ryuu, for even as yokai they were both ultimately as peace. At least, that is what he observed.

((No worries~ <3 glad to see you Ryuu ))

Interesting Lover

7,600 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • First step to fame 200
User Image

Ryuu
The Mistress's Younger Sister
The Inn Gardener

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxUser ImagexxxxxxUser ImagexxxxxxUser Image

x x x↙↙ xxxxxxxxxxxxxx made by rinoa
m o o d ( » slightly troubled/relaxed ) x x x l i s t e n i n g ( » 異郷の風 ) x x x w e a r i n g ( » This ) x x x x x

Ryuu sighed as she stood, wiping her hands and what used to be dark brown kimono, now a light faded brown which was torn and used for gardening and it alone. She looked down on what she had done before nodding her head with a light sigh. " Well, time to go clean. " Ryuu said to herself gently. She smiled as she stepped into the Inn, slipping her shoes off and quickly, yet silently, disappearing into the second level. Ryuu gently slid her door open, yet kept it open as she quickly gathered the needed supplies. Once fully prepared, she left her room and quietly made her way down the stairs and to the entrance of the inn. Slipping her shoes on her feet once more, she left the inn and began making her way down to the bathing house, humming a song ((her theme)) as she did so. Eye's were closed as she walked, so she was unable to see if anyone was around. At least, that's what they thought....

Out Of Chocolate:
Thank you. I may want to also make this clear,
I made it seem she went and changed into a simple and already worn kimono,
which she uses for gardening razz <3

Malevolent Star

10,400 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Person of Interest 200
User Image

Having finished her breakfast, the Mistress gathered the remaining dishes from other guests that had eaten. Looking down at the little calico she smiled and light ran her slender fingers over multicolored fur as the dear licked up salmon. Yasashii was snoring a bit in the corner of the room and the Mistress looked to her with a small smile, she licked having the little oni around. She was so helpful. She then stood and bowed to her newest guest, the black haired yokai, with a stack of dishes in her hands. "Please excuse me while I clean up, help yourself to anything you like, tea, sake, sashimi. If you would like a room for the night I'd be more than happy to grant you one, simply call for Mistress and I will come when called. Enjoy your stay."
Then she was gone. A light sigh as she went into the kitchen, putting all dishes in the washtub. Letting the water fill up, she went to fetch some soap and began washing the dishes from earlier. She hummed a bit of the song she had heard Ryuu singing earlier. It was their mother's favorite lullaby and the Mistress knew it well. The raise and fall of her voice was soft and soothing, as if she were putting a young babe to sleep.

((Oh! ok :3 got it))

Malevolent Star

10,400 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Person of Interest 200
User Image

A small drop of sweat on her brow, the Mistress wiped her forehead with a damp wrist, chuckling at herself for causing more wetness. Everything seemed to be so quite at Blooming Lotus as of right now, and so with a white rag pressed against her face and wipe of the hands, the Mistress let the dishes dry on a mat. Rag set aside, the Mistress went into the main hall and grasped her dark wooden satsuma biwa with care and the bachi to go with it.
Going to the back porch and slipping on her sandals, the Mistress headed down the steps into the Zen Garden. By the look of the lush flowers, Ryuu had done an excellent job today clearing the garden of weed plants. She smiled to herself and carried on down the path to the koi pond and stopped abruptly upon seeing another figure within the garden... the Silent Samurai...

Malevolent Star

10,400 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Person of Interest 200
User Image

Ryuu's presence having left him earlier, the Silent Samurai returned to his meditation. Listening to the quiet splashing of water the golden fins made and rustling of trees, there was a soft clicking approaching. The light steps made it apparent it was a female presence and upon opening lids revealing dark brown orbs, the Mistress was standing before him with a beautiful biwa instrument. She was heard before seen and the look on her face was that of slight surprise to see him. Did she not expect him to be about today?
"Good afternoon Mistress," his voice, low and quiet with such calm as his words were carried to her.

Malevolent Star

10,400 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Person of Interest 200
User Image

His words were light and soothing to the Mistress' ears, a ever so sweet blush raised in her cheeks. "Good afternoon.. Jin," she said with a deep bow and kept her head down. "I missed your presence at breakfast, I hope you slept well."
The feeling that swelled in her chest, admiration perhaps? She could not place it, this was often the case when face to face with this man. He had been staying here for over a week and had yet found a reason to leave. Much to her enjoyment. The Mistress enjoyed this man's company greatly.
Straightening, those deep dark brown eye bore into her, as if looking at her soul. This was one man who could make the Mistress turn away out of slight embarrassment. Why? She could not say. She simply sat down across the pond and looked to him for approval, "I... do not want to interrupt your meditation," she said gazing into him awaiting his answer.

Malevolent Star

10,400 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Person of Interest 200
User Image

The Mistress' demeanor was surprising to say the least. At his first arrival she had her head held high and spoke without hesitation. Jin noticed this and slightly wondered why. Had he done something wrong? This past week had been a rather enjoyable turn of events for this samurai for the Mistress plucked him from Banzai Village on the verge of death. He owed this woman so much, his lack of conversations with other guests were often fullfilled by his conversations with the Mistress. She was so very knowledgeable and exceedingly kind as well as respectful. She was worthy of every once of respect he had.. and so very beautiful to him.
"Please, I would greatly enjoy one of your songs. Though might I make a request?" he was so very bold today. Never before had he asked a request from her. She simply nodded slowly and so he continued, "Your tale of Heike Monogatari is very pleasing to hear."

Malevolent Star

10,400 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Person of Interest 200
User Image

A request? How unusual for him, the raven haired male often left all decisions up to the Mistress, but although it was strange for him she nodded. There was a small pleased smile on her lips as she looked into his most handsome face. Closing her misty eyes with a bow of her head, the Mistress took bachi in hand and strummed once to mark the beginning of the Heike Monogatari.
Left hand fingers holding the fret, the bachi picked it the last string then flowed into the rhythm of an epic tale. Building up the string of low and high notes, the instrument tuned to the perfect pitches of her voice, the Mistress' eyes remained closed while deep brown orbs gazed as her from across the pond. Samuri clans feuding, war and a clash of Japanese families were her words, but the sweet sound of the satsuma biwa was soothing and very traditional within the classic epic.

Code:
User Image

.... Sweet Yasashii ....

Yasashii wake up hearing the music ".."she get up to follow the sound "war...'she said look more "Wear is the sound come from.."she looks more "what going on..."

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff