• Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
[i own Spirited Away, Nausicaa, and My Neighbor Totoro. I love that guy!]

Lonely Conventioneer

17,525 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
  • Conventioneer 300
"These people bow a lot... s**t... I don't think I've bowed to anybody yet..." Thurgood thinks as he sees Ogata and Himiko ask the Mistress for rooms.

Of course, neither he nor his sister are used to bowing like that: they're both American, and Americans shake hands while keeping the rest of their bodies about a yard apart.

Then Thurgood spots Ogata's rifle when he turns around.

"Holy s**t. Is that an Arisaka?" Thurgood asks Aveline while nudging her with his elbow.

"You're kidding...".

Being American, most of the World War Two firearms they've seen (and fired) are either American (M1 Garand, Colt model 1911, Browning Automatic Rifle, Thompson sub-machine gun), German (Mauser 98, MG 42) or Russian (SKS, AK-47). Neither one have actually seen any Japanese firearms from that war in person, much less fired one (but not for lack of desire to).

They're excited.
( sweatdrop the arisaka is kind of disassembled... the only parts they would see is the barrel and the stock, since Ogata carries the smaller, vital parts, in his coat. lol)

Lonely Conventioneer

17,525 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
  • Conventioneer 300
((they'd be able to identify it by the barrel and stock alone: they're second-generation gun nuts. Even though they haven't seen one in person, they've seen lots of pictures of Arisaka rifles))
(Yes lol, just pointing it out maaaaaan)

Omnipresent Noob

User Image

User Image

Listening to: Gimmie 3 Steps - Skynyrd!

xxxx☠ ☠ ☠ ☠ ☠ ☠ ☠ ☠ ☠ ☠ ☠ ☠ ☠ ☠ ☠

Now I lay you down to sleep. For your soul is mine to keep...

▇▇▇ ▇▇▇ ▇▇▇ ▇▇▇ ▇▇▇ ▇▇▇ ▇▇▇

" you're going to leave us?" he asked. " you must have made some plans then. Plan on going back to Ireland. Probably get an army and take your old land back. ahh blood and steel flying everywhere. Mages firing elements at each other and massive explosions making it rain body parts.And everybody is fueled by warm beer. Just like the old days eh?" he laughed. Nolan meant to give her a slap on the back but missed, which was always awkward. " Can't stand a warm beer though, dunno how you guys do it."
                                            His mp3 player started to sound 'Gimmie Three Steps.' It was almost impulsive what he did next. the blue-white flame over his cane and his evil guitar appeared in place of his faithful walking stick. He brought it up and rang out the intro. Most of everybody seemed to be in the sitting room anyway. " ah sorry I love this song...I'm pretty sure its law to have to play this" he joked

▇▇▇ ▇▇▇ ▇▇▇ ▇▇▇ ▇▇▇ ▇▇▇ ▇▇▇

When you die, you will wake. Now your bidding is mine to make...

Lonely Conventioneer

17,525 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
  • Conventioneer 300
Aveline hears Nolan play the intro to Lynyrd Skynyrd's Gimme Three Steps, and now knows that there is another guitar player here.

"You play guitar too?" she asks him.

Oh, a lot of ideas are flowing through her head, mostly involving two-guitar songs.

Omnipresent Noob

Nolan stopped playing " yeah, I'm not good for much else but making noise" he laughed and strummed a few more notes. Nolan finished his cigarette and put the butt back in its box. The headstock of his guitar looked like a human hand with the strings going from its fingers and palm. " Hey your gettin' a little loose, tighten up" he told the guitar. The hand stretched out its fingers and Nolan strummed another note and grinned as it was to his liking. With a wider grin he strummed the first part to ' Battle of the Banjos'

Lonely Conventioneer

17,525 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
  • Conventioneer 300
"Oh really..." Aveline quips, then plucks out the second banjo's first part.

"Oh; it's about to get all Appalachian around here..." Thurgood comments.

Omnipresent Noob

Nolan rang out the third part right on cue starting to get a little faster a bit more complicated. " ah so you are up to the challenge. " all we need now is is a bit of corn liquor...and probably a couple of banjos." he laughed though they were both doing fine with their guitars the banjos would have helped complete the look.

Malevolent Star

10,400 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Person of Interest 200
User Image
~The Mistress of Blooming Lotus~

"I'll put you down for room 10 dear, but a name is required," she said with a light chuckle, "if you'd like to pay in yen then 300 is your total. Ogata-san," she pointed to the huntsman with her calligraphy brush, "I don't know what 'money' you refer to because I get paid with all kinds of things around here. I once rented a room for a mountain of Zumbo berries and he stayed here for a year. A day or two is not worth breaking the bank, but what is this 'other expense' you speak of?" she asked with a raise of her eyebrow.
Mistress was a bit witty today, she remembered Jobe for a moment and had to shake her head of the thought. He was a real loosey goosey guy, the hippie sort and if he were her today... well let's just say Nolan would find him most entertaining. Mistress missed him, but turned her attention back to the young adults in front of her.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Interstellar Traveler

User Image Spike Spiegel

● Current Location: Zen Garden.
● Current Objective:Time with Ryuu.
● Status: Relaxed.
● Theme: Shiroi Yami no Naka

════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════

Blinking for an instant at Ryuu’s comment and observing her cheeks darken further; Spike’s eyebrows slowly rose as her words began to sink in.

”Cute? What? Are you kidding me?”

Concealing the sudden rush of awkwardness from such a comment, albeit perhaps a childish one, it still had enough meaning to evoke a response; Spike attempted to cover this with being calmly amused, in the hope Ryuu wouldn’t notice as he opted to continue speaking, reasoning it was a better cover than any expression he could muster. It may not have been that apparently obvious, but Spike felt very unsettled at this point, largely since in spite of finally being able to speak with Ryuu privately, he was now having trouble finding things to say, or at the very least saying something coherent; both of which being highly unusual for him especially.

”...But I am honoured you consider me worthy to see all this, especially if you haven’t even shown Mistress; this place really is something else.”

Expression softening somewhat, Spike looked thoughtful before he spoke again, mindful of the fact Ryuu was listening and observing rather intently, much as he could not claim he was not doing the same as he stared directly back toward her; the comment she made earlier came to mind once again as he silently found himself admiring her elegant features.

“...And besides, I’m not really the one that deserves compliments on my appearance, you know that. “

Punctuating his last with a slight smirk before falling silent for a moment, Spike gave a short sigh, contemplating how best to continue; thinking on their surroundings as he listened to the sound of some passing birds overhead, Spike forced his gaze away from Ryuu to look out over the wide expanse of water nearby before speaking again.
User Image
”I’ve been meaning to ask about this for a while...how exactly are you and this garden connected?”

Shifting his gaze back to Ryuu once again, Spike had ended with a question quite different to the one he really wanted to ask, expression still unchanged but mentally cursing himself for doing so. Although this was a matter that intrigued Spike a great deal ever since Ryuu’s initial disappearance beforehand; in searching for her at the time it was notable the garden became almost dull in comparison, not to mention the sudden loss of life to many of the animals that inhabited it also. All of which appeared to revert back to normal as soon as she returned, making it very clear it was no coincidence, much as the reasons behind such occurring was not apparent but had crossed Spike's mind more than once.

═════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════

OOC: 'Evening all. wink

Lonely Conventioneer

17,525 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
  • Conventioneer 300
Aveline then responds with the fourth part, pauses for a second, waiting for Nolan's cue so the could both strum the next chord at the same time...

...so all musical hell can then break loose, or at least that's how it'll sound.
User Image

Ogata smiled. "I apologize for my lack of clarity" He was rather content that he would be able to pay in kind. He took out his wallet from his coat. Looking through it he took out three 100 yen coins and placed it on the table. After a brief second of thought he looked over at the mistress "I wish to pay for her stay as a 'token of our friendship'" he said motioning over to Himiko, the other person who was registering, ".... I will pay this through two tanned hare pelts...". This would be his way of apologizing for his perceived disrespectful behavior at the registration line.. however Ogata also did this mainly because he knew Takahashi did not have much money. Walking several feet away, he grabbed his knapsack(... uhh I just poofed it there, I made a booboo in my other post) and brought it over to the mistress. Unzipping it, he took out the two small, semi-identical tanned pelts, lifting them one after the other, mid chest-leveled in the air. He slowly turned them for the mistress to better appraise his 'payment'. When he was done showing her the pelts, he slung them over his left hand, as if they were some sort of coat. "Payments in kind can roll over, right?" the hunter inquired
(evening dude!)

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces